Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

Anyone know why Punisher MAX hardcovers 4 and 5 are so retardedly rare and expensive when the first three are pretty cheap? I wanna get the series, but not if I have a heaping big gap in the middle. Is it because it's in the process of being reprinted and they just haven't gotten to those volumes yet?
Volume 4 has always been stupidly hard to find for a normal price. I'm pretty sure I was able to grab it for cheap during that Diamond/Amazon debacle (:allears:), but then shortly after that, it just seemed to disappear into the *~aether~*.

(checks current prices on Amazon)
oh GEEZ. :catstare:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Yeah, I've been watching for sane prices on those two, but ... I'll probably just see if they're in an omnibus or something at this rate. I guess that explains why I got a funny look when I asked for them at my local comic shop.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
Maybe not best thread, but is the Punisher / Remender Omnibus worth picking up for 60 on amazon? Never really read The Punisher aside from Max and some early 90s poo poo back in the day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

Maybe not best thread, but is the Punisher / Remender Omnibus worth picking up for 60 on amazon? Never really read The Punisher aside from Max and some early 90s poo poo back in the day.

Yes but be prepared for insanity. It's not your typical Punisher story.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~

Rhyno posted:

I enjoy some insanity in my comics, so now I need to sneak buy it so my wife doesn't trip on me (she always does :( )

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I apologize if this has been asked and answered before (especially by me), but is the 2009 Avengers Free Comic Book Day issue included in the Siege TPB? I'm looking at the Amazon listing, which doesn't mention it, but someone's review says it is.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before (especially by me), but is the 2009 Avengers Free Comic Book Day issue included in the Siege TPB? I'm looking at the Amazon listing, which doesn't mention it, but someone's review says it is.
Comicbookdb says it is.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Just looked at my copy and it is

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Thank you both!

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Rhyno posted:

What if I already have Frakencastle HC? I really enjoyed it but I don't know if the rest of his run is worth the Omni price.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zachack posted:

What if I already have Frakencastle HC? I really enjoyed it but I don't know if the rest of his run is worth the Omni price.

It really is. Maybe take the other HC to your local shop and see if you can get some credit for it? Or gift it to a friend.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Since we're on the subject, have there been any rumblings of a Jason Aaron PunisherMAX Omnibus? It seems like it would easily fit and they gave him a Ghost Rider Omnibus so...

I'll probably not pick up any of the hardcovers in anticipation of an Omnibus and then they won't make one, leaving the HCs to become stupid rare just like Punisher MAX.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So can anyone report on the Invisibles Omnibus? Should I just pursue the TPBs or will this thing not fall apart instantly/lose half the page in the gutter?

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

GrandpaPants posted:

So can anyone report on the Invisibles Omnibus? Should I just pursue the TPBs or will this thing not fall apart instantly/lose half the page in the gutter?

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku.com/topic/20939/Waiting-for-open-Invisibles-Omnibus-pics

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I forgot that the second Empowered deluxe edition came out today so now I have it. It's just as nice as the first one is and volumes 4, 5, and 6 are probably the best three in the series so far so having them all in one spot is nice.

I thought there would be more extra stuff, sketches or whatever, but there's not really. It's mostly old promo stuff he did for the Dark Horse website. There's some annotations in the back which is fun but I was hoping for more.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
What's the paper like in those? I was a little shocked when volume seven went glossy, though it really makes the blacks pop.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Uthor posted:

What's the paper like in those? I was a little shocked when volume seven went glossy, though it really makes the blacks pop.
Both volumes use a nice high quality glossy paper.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Can anyone confirm if the back-ups are in the Prophet trade?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

Just got it now. From what I can see it looks solid enough and the pages isn't lost in the gutter.

Kunzelman
Dec 26, 2007

Lord Shaper

Alhazred posted:

Just got it now. From what I can see it looks solid enough and the pages isn't lost in the gutter.

You gotta post some pics of this.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kunzelman posted:

You gotta post some pics of this.
Sorry, don't have a camera :(

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Alhazred posted:

Sorry, don't have a camera :(

Are there letter pages? I don't expect them to be there, but at the same time, they actually had a pretty decent role in sharing the ideas of the series...

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

bairfanx posted:

Are there letter pages? I don't expect them to be there, but at the same time, they actually had a pretty decent role in sharing the ideas of the series...

No.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
If there's no Ikea Store/Craigslist offers near me and I don't want to pay $200 in shipping for an Expedit, what are my other options in terms of shelving? I want something strong.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

timeandtide posted:

If there's no Ikea Store/Craigslist offers near me and I don't want to pay $200 in shipping for an Expedit, what are my other options in terms of shelving? I want something strong.

Build one yourself or hire someone?

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug
Some people posted their shelves a few pages back... Here's my meager collection so far...

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Scuttle_SE posted:

Some people posted their shelves a few pages back... Here's my meager collection so far...
What are all the thin red books on the third shelf?

Scuttle_SE
Jun 2, 2005
I like mammaries
Pillbug

redbackground posted:

What are all the thin red books on the third shelf?

That, my good sir, is Tintin!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Bleeding Cool gives you a way of getting DC Absolutes for 60% off.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/30/how-to-pre-order-dc-absolutes-and-omnibuses-for-60-off/

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I don't know what it means that aside from Final Crisis and BaR, I can't find a third book.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I used it to get all the Y the Last Man deluxe editions and the Batwoman hardcover. After tax, came out to $88 vs $115 from Amazon.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Let's be fair. It's not "Bleeding Cool gives you a way of getting DC Absolutes for 60% off." It's Barnes and Noble has a buy 2 get 1 free sale. Use this link and don't bother giving the rear end in a top hat any hits: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/container/stores.asp?PID=42220 .

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

^burtle posted:

I don't know what it means that aside from Final Crisis and BaR, I can't find a third book.

I hear you, I'll probably end up just getting 3 TPBs.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Drop 15% off an item through Barnes & Noble with checkout code H4F4T4D.
[edit: The coupon does not combine with the 3-for-2 deal. Bollocks.]

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 31, 2012

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Opinions on the Seagle run of House of Secrets? There's an omni coming next year.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

^burtle posted:

Same. Nothing else is really worth it. If you and a friend want to go in on it, though, it's a pretty solid deal?

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

For some reason, Absolute Dark Knight doesn't seem to be included in the sale. If it were, I'd definitely be buying that and the two Morrison books...

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Pricey, but tempting:

$810 for six hardcover volumes of R. Crumb sketchbooks.

quote:

In the last 20 years Crumb's artistic output has slowed considerably, making new works more rare and highly prized. This collection of over 600 unseen drawings created between 1996 and 2012 makes this a must-have collectible for every Crumb fan.

* The slipcased set is made with loving attention to detail in a size and format selected by the artist.
* Each book in the boxed set contains 220 pages, for a total of 1,320 pages of prime Crumb.
* The set includes a hand-written introduction, and marbleized page edges from a design created by the artist.
* Each set of this 1,000-copy limited edition also includes a signed color lithograph of a Crumb original.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Sorry stumbled across Y the last man, while on Barnes and Noble there, anyone have a review of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Slayer1597 posted:

Sorry stumbled across Y the last man, while on Barnes and Noble there, anyone have a review of that?

Y is amazing and the collections are very nice.