Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Anyone know of any good podcasts for the Euros? Of course, I'll be listening to my usual ones (Guardian, Times and Ramble), but are there any that aren't on during the regular season? I don't think Baddiel and Skinner are doing any this season, at least not that I could find any info on through a quick Google anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Enjoyed the Partridge/Richardson guessing game, and also the implication that it genuinely bugs Jimbo to be always referred to as "ex-Football Italia presenter".

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
All of the dailies have been great so far. Much better than the WC where they had that awful live audience hooting and hollering every 5 seconds.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
The pod has been a satisfactory replacement for actually watching the matches, given that they happen in the morning here in California.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Yeah they've been ok but the matches have been very, very good. Almost every one, aside from France-England (which was interesting because of who was involved) has been good entertaining.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I'm leaving it.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

HNNGH WRONG THREAD

Hardflip fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 28, 2012

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Anyone know what's up with The Game podcast? There hasn't been a new one since the 20th.

edit: Seems there has been, just iTunes hasn't updated them. FFS.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I gave up on the Guardian's whatever it is podcast. I really like James and some others, but holy poo poo, the ongoing revisionism of Spain makes them all look poor. It really seems like every football writer changes their opinions 180 degrees after every single match and I'm not going to bother anymore. I don't think there is any consistency in what most people say.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Wee Scott Murray's been embarrassing every time he commented on Spain. Cringeworthy shite.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
A couple of days ago, the one before Italy beat Germany, AC Jimbo was trying to make some jokes and the live staff just weren't getting it at all. Sometimes they're so humourless.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

I am OK posted:

A couple of days ago, the one before Italy beat Germany, AC Jimbo was trying to make some jokes and the live staff just weren't getting it at all. Sometimes they're so humourless.

It's hard to find good journalists walking by on the streets of Poland and Ukraine. :shobon:

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
The Pod (Guardian) is getting too stupid. Really starting to appeal to the idiot majority (missing James' jokes, the quick cuts to idiots who happen to be in Kiev etc.)

I listened to Guillem & Gabrielle's Game podcast today. Marvellous. Both just really happy their country had made it to the final and confident they were going to win. I never listen to The Game podcast because I have ears but this was really worth listening to, 20 mins, good preview for the final.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Oh yeah, another reason why the Pod is shite; paying credence to their idiot posters. loving, HappyGoth and those idiots. Why listen to their suggestions for best footballers who sound like pies? Honestly, ridiculous.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The Guardian has such good people too: James, Baz, Bandini, Rafa, Duarte but they always put in some other people who are just god awful. But then you look at the website and their favorite hacks are Richard Williams and Daniel Taylor, the worst of flip flop journalism.

edit: and what ICA said of course

Molotov Yogurt
Nov 29, 2000

buff man riddim
I can't remember who the QPR fan is on the pod but he is THE WORST. gently caress that guy.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
There's a lot of Worst Guys, mostly the UK based, eh, English ones. Greg Roughly (Bakowski) and AC Jimbo are about the only decent English guys I can think of off the top of my head. Sid Lowe too but he doesn't really count. More foreigners please! Duarte, Baz, Rafa, Leander etc.

hamza
Mar 3, 2007

ICA posted:

There's a lot of Worst Guys, mostly the UK based, eh, English ones. Greg Roughly (Bakowski) and AC Jimbo are about the only decent English guys I can think of off the top of my head. Sid Lowe too but he doesn't really count. More foreigners please! Duarte, Baz, Rafa, Leander etc.

I love the pod despite its shortcomings, especially Rafa who is usually way more level-headed than anyone else. The worst guy is Matt whatshisname who has filled in for Jimbo a few times. The QPR fan is, I believe, actually a writer for the music section. I can't stand Sean Ingle who, for knowing so much about gambling, actually has a grade schooler's understanding of probability theory and the correct interpretation of statistics. Barry can be funny but his schtick also gets old quickly when he's not up for it.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

hamza posted:

The worst guy is Matt whatshisname who has filled in for Jimbo a few times.

That's Max Rushden, the guy from Soccer AM. And yeah, that podcast takes a pretty big downturn when Jimbo's not presenting.

efcso
Sep 11, 2001

I'm watching you!

franks posted:

That's Max Rushden, the guy from Soccer AM. And yeah, that podcast takes a pretty big downturn when Jimbo's not presenting.

Jimbo IS the podcast

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I like how the Football Ramble present themselves as sophisticated europhiles when they can't pronounce 'Ramos' correctly

efcso
Sep 11, 2001

I'm watching you!

Monday Bandele posted:

I like how the Football Ramble present themselves as sophisticated europhiles when they can't pronounce 'Ramos' correctly

I thought the Ramble represented itself as four pommy twats gabbing on about football (mostly).

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I think it's because they're not native speakers of the language 'Ramos' is in. Just a wild guess.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I've said this before, Luke and Marcus on the Football Ramble get more foreign names wrong than they do right. Agerro, Rozikee, Purrlo, "Chavvy", Maskerano, Buskwets, Jaggyelka, Joezay Morinnyo, "Peter" Cech, I think I even remember a Cass-ill-rear end.

Not saying it to be a dick, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Luke Moore has dyslexia. They obviously have a deep knowledge of football history (obviously the Hall of Fame isn't off the top of their head though), but maybe they do a lot more reading than they do listening, I can't comprehend how some of the mispronunciations get in their heads.

[edit]Muh-vila is one that keeps coming up, forgot about that. And "Sagg-na".

Hoops fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 2, 2012

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
How can you mispronounce "Ramos"?

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

ICA posted:

How can you mispronounce "Ramos"?

I was a bit confused about this as well, so I checked it out. They said it with the accent on 'mos'. Ramoss. Haven't heard that one before.

el gaviero
Oct 29, 2011

atomic gog posted:

I was a bit confused about this as well, so I checked it out. They said it with the accent on 'mos'. Ramoss. Haven't heard that one before.

I think that maybe they are taking the piss.

It is disconcerting though. It makes me second guess myself.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Anyone know when the different podcasts are doing their season previews? Any out before the Charity Shield, or are they all next week?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Mickolution posted:

Anyone know when the different podcasts are doing their season previews? Any out before the Charity Shield, or are they all next week?

The Guardian website is doing individual team previews in video format, some with pod guests like Amy Lawrence and Paolo Bandini. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/series/premier-league-2012-13-previews

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
So avoid them.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Mandalay posted:

The Guardian website is doing individual team previews in video format, some with pod guests like Amy Lawrence and Paolo Bandini. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/series/premier-league-2012-13-previews

It's always weird seeing what people off Podcasts look like. I had a completely different mental image of both of those based purely on their voices.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Amy Lawrence: Not as attractive as hoped

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Mandalay posted:

Amy Lawrence: Not as attractive as hoped

Someone in print/online/non video media not looking attractive? Shocked, really shocked.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
She's a fuckin thick boot.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Football Weekly was then wasn't doing a pre season pod. So their first one will be Monday the 20th.

Can't. loving. Wait.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Can't wait for football weekly to be back. I was amped as hell when downcast told me I had a new episode of The Ramble. Finally the summer is almost over.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

ESPNsoccernet, which is finally being re-branded as ESPN FC, put out a pretty good Premier League preview earlier this week if you're looking for something to bide the time until Monday.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

So bummed that Football Weekly didn't do a preview. What am I supposed to listen to at work today?

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
James Richardson has really been losing patience with Sid Lowe already, reverting to straight-up mockery this week. I enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

I am OK posted:

James Richardson has really been losing patience with Sid Lowe already, reverting to straight-up mockery this week. I enjoyed it.
Sid Lowe is an idiot and they need to dump him.