Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

Say you're a studio. You've got a big fall movie, big names, some Oscar potential, and a director with two solid productions under his belt. You've got to come up with a poster that'll put butts into seats.

:effort:

Try harder next time.

All I can see is this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jasta posted:

Hnnggg I need this now.

Here's what it looks like.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I don't like the US Blu Ray cover for The Frighteners.

I really love the UK/Original poster even though it's missing the tag line.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Slasherfan posted:

Though to be fair, it's certainly better than the last DVD reissue:

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Robert Denby posted:

Say you're a studio. You've got a big fall movie, big names, some Oscar potential, and a director with two solid productions under his belt. You've got to come up with a poster that'll put butts into seats.

:effort:

Try harder next time.
I actually like this. It has an elegant simplicity. The light reflection on the shotgun is like an underline to the text.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Worst tagline ever?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mister Chief posted:

Worst tagline ever?

I... wait, can you repeat the question?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Mister Chief posted:

Worst tagline ever?

Well it's not me in the picture, and I know I'm me, so...

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Mister Chief posted:

Worst tagline ever?

I've seen this movie and, from what I remember, Yul Brynner only shows up in archived footage from Westworld.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I haven't seen Westworld since I was a kid. Is it as awesome as I remember it being?

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Coffee And Pie posted:

I haven't seen Westworld since I was a kid. Is it as awesome as I remember it being?

It is still pretty awesome.

Mister Chief posted:

Worst tagline ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZjwTcIVKw

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Worst tagline ever?

This, on the other hand is the best tagline ever.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Vagabundo posted:

This full size poster is hanging on the wall fifteen feet in front of me. One of my favorites, and it always incites some sort of deep discussions about what, exactly, was he going to train those dolphins for.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sheldrake posted:

This full size poster is hanging on the wall fifteen feet in front of me. One of my favorites, and it always incites some sort of deep discussions about what, exactly, was he going to train those dolphins for.

Where would you go about buying such a thing?

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

TheJoker138 posted:

Where would you go about buying such a thing?

Hm, looks like the place I got it from isn't selling it anymore, but you can find a reproduction on eBay for about $20.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sheldrake posted:

I would assume it's the same thing they train dolphins for now, "seeking" out underwater bombs and subs, aka actually strapping bombs to dolphins and using them to destroy things underwater.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

I've seen this movie and, from what I remember, Yul Brynner only shows up in archived footage from Westworld.

No. Most of his appearance in Futureworld is made up of archival footage, but he's in there for about a minute with Blythe Danner. It's about four minutes in to the dream sequence (it's horrible quality, since it hasn't been released on Region 1), but it's Brynner untying Danner then, dancing, lassoing her, then making out.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is Westworld actually any good? I've never seen it but I have my doubts that it would hold up.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 6, 2014

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Vagabundo posted:

Here's what it looks like.

There is a God and he loves me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Is the blu ray of Videodrome like that too? Because if it is, I have to go to the store and buy that tomorrow.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just chiming in to say that Yul Brynner* is one of my favorite actors of all time. That is all.

*Anastasia is the poo poo.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

Is Westworld actually any good? I've never seen it but I have my doubts that it would hold up.

Yul Brenner is an evil cowboy robot who goes around shooting jerk-y 70's dudes and lesser, weaker robots. Westworld owns.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Vagabundo posted:

I have to believe this film fills the gap between Hot Shots and Part Deux, explaining how George C Scott went from the Navy to the Presidency.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Mister Chief posted:

Worst tagline ever?

Actually, the more I think of this tagline, the more it makes sense in context to the movie.

Delos is apparently able to make robots that are indistinguishable from humans, and is plotting to replace various world leaders with robots more sympathetic to Delos. Peter Fonda and Blythe Danner's characters are subsequently "cloned" as well. (Some how, the clones know everything that the originals know as well.)

So, are you a Delos "clone" or are you the original? Would you be able to tell?

Don't get me wrong, the movie is bad, but it's so bad that I actually unironically enjoy it somehow.

To Chi Ka
Aug 19, 2011

HoldYourFire posted:

I have to believe this film fills the gap between Hot Shots and Part Deux, explaining how George C Scott went from the Navy to the Presidency.

Wasn't that Lloyd Bridges?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Yeah, it was Lloyd Bridges.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Gonz posted:

Yeah, it was Lloyd Bridges.

Don't care, it looks just like him on the poster :colbert:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.

Slasherfan posted:

I scrolled past this fast enough to read the copy as "1st Anniversary Edition," which, if you think about the state of triple-dip DVD marketing, probably isn't too far out an idea.

Also, Michael J. Fox forgetting he's on the set of this movie. Watch it. Trust me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O90DliJc6PA

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Giant woman, or tiny men? And what is up with those shadows?

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

Also, Michael J. Fox forgetting he's on the set of this movie. Watch it. Trust me.

:3: That's just adorable.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Perspective is an oh so tricky thing.

I know this movie under the name "Come As You Are" which is more fitting for a movie about disabled people hoping to get laid.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

I'm not entirely sure why but this makes me so happy.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

kiimo posted:

I'm not entirely sure why but this makes me so happy.

I think it's because MJ Fox is the most likable person who has ever lived.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Good looking enough, and there was no way they were going to fit all of the stars into one poster anyway. I prefer the book cover though (the blue bits are a little bit shiny):

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The blind guy is smiling because he's unaware that a giant, blotchy hooker is about to trample them to death. I don't know why the other two look so happy about their inevitable deaths, though.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

The blind guy is smiling because he's unaware that a giant, blotchy hooker is about to trample them to death. I don't know why the other two look so happy about their inevitable deaths, though.

They're finally going to see some real live pussy in between her legs stomping them to death.

Annoying Reveler
Jul 16, 2002

TheJoker138 posted:

Is the blu ray of Videodrome like that too? Because if it is, I have to go to the store and buy that tomorrow.

It sure is! It's just as beautiful as the DVD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Annoying Reveler posted:

It sure is! It's just as beautiful as the DVD.

Going to Best Buy, talk to you guys later.