Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Glory of Arioch posted:

Huh, I reloaded the A6I3 page in chrome, but now I can't walk anywhere. I'm frozen in place. Anyone else having this problem?

Have you tried clicking on the image box thing? This happens to me every walk-around, if you go to another tab or something and come back it won't move until you click right on the picture. Maybe?

edit: I just tried it again, and it didn't move until I clicked on it
double edit: although the sound cut out again :iiam:

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Mazerunner posted:

Have you tried clicking on the image box thing? This happens to me every walk-around, if you go to another tab or something and come back it won't move until you click right on the picture. Maybe?

edit: I just tried it again, and it didn't move until I clicked on it
double edit: although the sound cut out again :iiam:

I seem to have lost the treasure box opening sound effect and little jingle. Weird.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
If anyone's still having trouble moving, try clearing your cache. It worked for me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah, same. Although looks like I was a bit premature on the text thing; it still looks like poo poo in Firefox.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
So did the flash update center a lot of text too? Most of it was left-aligned for me beforehand, I believe.

e: Woo, way more playable in Opera! And sound effects seem fine.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

King of Solomon posted:

It's the role Gamzee filled.

I thought he destroyed with rage.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Who What Now posted:

He also destroyed rage too. See: Tavrisprite.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

Wait, fifteen?

Sixteen, actually, if you count the master classes Lord and Muse and the joke classes Gent and Waste.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bongo Bill posted:

Sixteen, actually, if you count the master classes Lord and Muse and the joke classes Gent and Waste.

Well if you're going to include those then you really ought to include Nick and Huss as well :colbert:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also, I'm pretty sure Dennis (of GameBro fame) was at least once identified as the Douche of Tears.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Who What Now posted:

No, he allowed Rage to be destroyed, or invited detsruction via Rage.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

DaveKap posted:

Aww yea gurl.

wait I never saw this to whom was she making this gesture. I made everyone talk to everyone even though kankri was torture.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Krinkle posted:

wait I never saw this to whom was she making this gesture. I made everyone talk to everyone even though kankri was torture.

It was an art asset that the spriter made but was not used/accepted. They made it available after the flash hit.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Midnight Raider posted:

...there is a different sort of secret in an item you can find if you figure out how to lure Hussie to the locked door.

What is it? I don't want to go through all that hassle.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

The secret of Soylent Gree- er, the flash, is:

Taking the bent horse hitcher all the way back to Hussie makes him follow you(He sure got over Vriska fast), which doesn't do much on it's own, but if you take him all the way through to when you get into the vault, he'll vanish and there will be a new treasure chest in the upper left corner. It contains the HORSE CALENDER, which is described as still having Hearts Boxcars running around farming horses in it.

Nice to know he's still kicking around in SOME form or another, given how bad he tends to get it in his other incarnations.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Bongo Bill posted:

Why are there master classes anyway? What is even the deal?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

This.

It's actually pretty easy. You can skip conversations but still have them count as being run through. Now you only have to walk around for a minute.

Jazu posted:

From what I can understand, Skaia is basically a huge fucknig piece of gargbage, and everyone should put all their trust in the Horrorterrors instead.

WHY would it even DO something like that

life_source fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 2, 2012

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Jazu posted:

I've had a few running theories at the moment.. Maybe they're classes assigned either to either character that fit an extremely rigid set of requirements and traits, given they're supposed to be rare and powerful, or maybe they only tend to show up on players who are supposed to already have some grand fated role in the scheme of things. Or, maybe they're meant only to be given out in really unusual/small games, where the players would probably need their power.

Maybe some combination of all of the above.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Jazu posted:

It has not been explained, but the likelihood is that a two-player/one-body session needed the players to be extra-strong to stand a chance.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Have we ever had the Gent and Waste classes referred to in-comic, or are they still just Formspring jokes?

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

pumpinglemma posted:

Have we ever had the Gent and Waste classes referred to in-comic, or are they still just Formspring jokes?

It was implied that FedoraFreak died on his quest bed and ascended to God-Tier, but his actual title was never mentioned by name.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

King of Solomon posted:

If anyone's still having trouble moving, try clearing your cache. It worked for me.

I was fine until the first transition (to the beach, after Hussie asks for a horse). Then Meenah was stuck in place. At least the sound is fixed!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
God, I cannot stop listening to Porrim's music on loop. Is it just me, or does it sound like something you'd find in the Kingdom of Zeal in Chrono Trigger? That's what pops first into my mind

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

SteelAngel2000 posted:

God, I cannot stop listening to Porrim's music on loop. Is it just me, or does it sound like something you'd find in the Kingdom of Zeal in Chrono Trigger? That's what pops first into my mind

I got that vibe as well from it. When I first played, I thought all the songs were just going to be songs from previous albums, so I wasn't listening too intently to some of them, but then I noticed Porrim's was different and it really started to grow on me.

Speaking of the flash, however.. The newspost said the next two installments of the game would probably be released over the next couple of weeks. I'm wondering if we're going to have another delay of content between flashes, which we've already gotten used to at this point, or if he intends on padding the time between game fragments with more panels, possibly from some other story viewpoint.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I would love a new Rose avatar is anyone is inclined to throw out something. She has a lot of animations though and I'm not sure how to pull the full-sized gif.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Interesting that both Kankri and Karkat never made use of their elemental powers. The Sufferer did which, combined with his Seer powers, allowed him to remember the old session.

So, it probably ties in with ancestry, something that would admittedly not appear to be useful to most kids playing the game.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
For those of you having trouble with the update, Hussie patched it again, so it's worth giving it another go, but clear your cache first.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That did it, text is finally readable in Firefox.

E: But the area after Dave doesn't load :doh:

E2: Looks like it loads fine if you don't go straight there (like, pick up items or talk to people first? I dunno).

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 3, 2012

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rorus Raz posted:

Interesting that both Kankri and Karkat never made use of their elemental powers. The Sufferer did which, combined with his Seer powers, allowed him to remember the old session.

So, it probably ties in with ancestry, something that would admittedly not appear to be useful to most kids playing the game.

To be fair, Karkat's character arc isn't over yet, he's still in this fight, kinda.

And Karkat's in total denial about the whole ancestor thing anyway, saying he doesn't believe in that blue blooded crapola. Being at conflict with your own element is pretty standard I guess.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Is anybody else seeing this image at the top bar of the site now?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Oh man, is somebody buying dadaist Project Wonderful ads again? I wonder if it's the same guy as before.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Bongo Bill posted:

Oh man, is somebody buying dadaist Project Wonderful ads again? I wonder if it's the same guy as before.

It's not an ad, it's just there now.

MSPA is either self-funded now or becoming sentient.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Hahah, MSPA is now an adult website. This is pretty weird though, and I'm not really sure what it could be about. MSPA being self-funded doesn't seem to make a ton of sense considering the whole trouble with Cascade, though who knows what might have changed, or if that will even really be a problem.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The godawful ads are part of the experience to me. I'll miss them if they're going away. :(

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
I looked at the A6I3 art credits and the person who made the goofy Aradia sprite is apparently the same person who made the pretty excellent Porrim sprite. Huh.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
There aren't any ads under sponsors either...I do believe that crazy Huss has self funded.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

_Endgame_ posted:

There aren't any ads under sponsors either...I do believe that crazy Huss has self funded.

I'm still seeing four ads on the sidebars (excluding the MSPA store ads.) Are you sure you don't have Adblock on?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It may simply be that he can afford to remove that most prominent adspace, but will be keeping the others.

Maybe he signed a lucrative product placement deal.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Supercar Gautier posted:

Maybe he signed a lucrative product placement deal.

Making big Barbasol dollars. Expect an extended shaving sequence once we shift back to John.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I assumed the new banner was just a response to the page detecting adblock. I've seen a few websites doing it now.