Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

bobkatt013 posted:

but no American and the death of a popular character.
Sadly I was typing that while listening to the beginning of it, and then I didn't have the heart to edit in my follow-up :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
And on someone else's podcast...Here's John!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And on someone else's podcast...Here's John!

Listened to this yesterday, it's a great interview. I didn't know that John and Richard Ayoade were friends in college!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I'm watching Mock the Week s11e04 right now, and Chris Addison just pulled out a joke that struck me as really Andy-like, about 14:16 in...

"Oh, that appears to be a lovely Olympic stadium you're building. What a shame if something were to happen to it! Oh dear oh dear oh dear, your Velodrome seems to have gone missing overnight."

I know they do 7 Day Sunday together, but maybe I'm just imagining things... there was just something about the delivery of it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Andy Parsons is an insane bald genius.

EDIT: Also, Monsoon Poultry Hospital

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 21, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Quote is not edit...:argh:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I saw Andy Zaltzman (also the The American guy) in this trailer for John Oliver's standup show http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/3lyu31/john-oliver-s-new-york-stand-up-show-john-oliver-s-new-york-stand-up-show---the-trailer which premiered yesterday, I think. :)

Also a lot of bearded dudes in glasses.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

competitive javelin throwing was the highlight of this week's Bugle.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

I saw Andy Zaltzman (also the The American guy) in this trailer for John Oliver's standup show http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/3lyu31/john-oliver-s-new-york-stand-up-show-john-oliver-s-new-york-stand-up-show---the-trailer which premiered yesterday, I think. :)

Also a lot of bearded dudes in glasses.

Who is the American?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

FrensaGeran posted:

Who is the American?

Rory Albanese. He's a Daily Show writer.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Well, it was a guy who sounded like him. He does a pretty long joke near the beginning of the trailer, I think?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Here's a John Oliver interview, The Bugle comes up within the first couple of minutes.

"My life is an unending series of awkward, contentious moments."

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
John Oliver also had a very good WTF interview last week
(edit: welp, beaten to that by a lot)

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I played a Bugle for my family today on a car trip, and they all liked it. It was the one after Bin Laden died, and the premiere of their obsession with Pippa Middleton. Oh Pippa... ooh

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Andy's daily olympic bugles are pretty great so far.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

UP AND ADAM posted:

I played a Bugle for my family today on a car trip, and they all liked it. It was the one after Bin Laden died, and the premiere of their obsession with Pippa Middleton. Oh Pippa... ooh

Next have them listen to oen with career criminal Silvio and then any one with stupid buildings. I also find the one with maths hilarious.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

bobkatt013 posted:

Next have them listen to oen with career criminal Silvio and then any one with stupid buildings. I also find the one with maths hilarious.

I'm currently going trough the backlog before I go to sleep and I literally rolled out of my bed because I was laughing so hard when I listened to the stupid buildings episode.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
I've listened to a couple of the micro podcasts from Andy, and they're fine, but I don't enjoy them nearly as much without the back-and-forth of John being involved. Just feels a little stale.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I still think #99 is the greatest so far. Silvio's Face vs. the Milan Cathedral is gold.

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
:toot:
#69 was the penis-on-roof story, which turned out to be a classic in its own right.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
#203 marks the first time ever in my life I laughed at perfect silence. While it's a nice episode, I worry about Andy's health :ohdear: Is Olympics viewing-ship usually this intense or is Andy just that extreme? 30 sports events for 2 weeks?

Also, I'm under the impression that the fan-made symbol of the Nemean games for the Bugle will be available on the twitter feed. I guess they are just not showing it?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I still think #99 is the greatest so far. Silvio's Face vs. the Milan Cathedral is gold.

John's delivery on that episode is fantastic.

"SILVIO BURLESCONI BEING HIT IN THE FACE NEWS NOW... Is this a beautiful dream, Andy?"

I'm cracking up just typing that.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Jet Jaguar posted:

"SILVIO BURLESCONI BEING HIT IN THE FACE NEWS NOW... Is this a beautiful dream, Andy?"

"Oh, Mr Burlesconi- would you be my wife?"

I wonder if we'll be waiting long for a gently caress-Eulogy?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I'm sure John is taking notes for an Assad one.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

BizarroAzrael posted:

"Oh, Mr Burlesconi- would you be my wife?"

I wonder if we'll be waiting long for a gently caress-Eulogy?

Sylvio doesn't really rate a gently caress-eulogy. He's a corrupt clown, but he hasn't murdered anybody.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm sure John is taking notes for an Assad one.

Here's a SA exclusive of the first draft

quote:

When I walk on by, girls be looking like drat he fly
I pimp to the beat, walking down the street in my new lafreak, yeah
This is how I roll, animal print pants out control
It's Redfoo with the big rear end 'fro
And like Bruce Leroy I got the glow, yo
(Ahhh) Girl look at that body
I-I-I work out
I-I-I work out

When I walk in the spot, (yea) this is what I see (okaay)
Everybody stops and they starin' at me
I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it, show it...
I'm sexy and I know it
I'm sexy and I know it

Yo, when I'm at the mall, security just can't fight 'em all
When I'm at the beach, I'm in a speedo trying to tan my cheeks (whaat?)
This is how I roll, come on ladies it's time to go
We headed to the bar, baby don't be nervous
No shoes, no shirt, and I still get service (watch!)
I-I-I work out
I-I-I work out

When I walk in the spot, (yea) this is what I see (okaay)
Everybody stops and they starin' at me
I got passion in my pants and I ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it, show it...
I'm sexy and I know it
Ayyy
I'm sexy and I know it
Check it out, check it out

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle yeah
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wig-yea, yea
Do the wiggle man
I do the wiggle man (yea)
I'm sexy and I know it
Ayyy, yeah
(Ahhhh) Girl look at that body
I-I-I work out
I-I-I work out
I'M SEXY AND I KNOW IT

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Jet Jaguar posted:

The sheer unadulterated joy in their voices makes that episode something I've listened to time and again. I love the part where they are wondering if at that exact moment a man was going through a period of doubt and turmoil and wanted God to send a sign. And send a sign he did.

"Andy, some people see God in a rainbow. Others, in a child's smile, or they look at the Grand Canyon and say, "A higher power must have done this". For me, I see it in this story."

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO
argh why is it the week a GOP senator argues for "legitimate rape," the Bugle has to be on vacation.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Kodo posted:

argh why is it the week a GOP senator argues for "legitimate rape," the Bugle has to be on vacation.

If anything could get John and Andy in more trouble with their wives than the convention conversation, it would be talking about Akin.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

If anybody remembers the Putin shooting a whale with a crossbow segment from Episode 125, "Donor Fatigue", I commissioned a series of Putin paintings from a friend of mine, and they're finally done/up for sale!!

Putin shooting a whale with a crossbow!

Putin shooting a tiger!

Putin riding a polar bear!

I just ordered all three as postcards, to put in a frame together, but I think they are also available as various-sized prints/greeting cards/whatnot.

I really want him to do the full calendar that John talks about in the segment, and he seemed open to it... theoretically. It took basically since Donor Fatigue until just recently for these ones to materialize fully, so another 9 of them would take more cajoling than I have in me, I think. Haha.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 31, 2012

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

thexerox123 posted:

If anybody remembers the Putin shooting a whale with a crossbow segment from Episode 125, "Donor Fatigue", I commissioned a series of Putin paintings from a friend of mine, and they're finally done/up for sale!!

Putin shooting a whale with a crossbow!

Putin shooting a tiger!

Putin riding a polar bear!

I just ordered all three as postcards, to put in a frame together, but I think they are also available as various-sized prints/greeting cards/whatnot.

I really want him to do the full calendar that John talks about in the segment, and he seemed open to it... theoretically. It took basically since Donor Fatigue until just recently for these ones to materialize fully, so another 9 of them would take more cajoling than I have in me, I think. Haha.
You've ordered another set of three, written the words 'gently caress', 'YOU', and 'CHRIS' on the back of them and mailed them into the show, right? Right?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Or just anonymously, with the message "where's my loving Bugle!?"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Leave John alone he is busy finding another wife.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Leave John alone he is busy finding another wife.

But last time he was able to fit that in AND Bugle naked from his hotel room!

TACD posted:

You've ordered another set of three, written the words 'gently caress', 'YOU', and 'CHRIS' on the back of them and mailed them into the show, right? Right?

BizarroAzrael posted:

I definitely should, I did order extras... (I did email them to the podcast email account, though!)

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

thexerox123 posted:

I definitely should, I did order extras... (I did email them to the podcast email account, though!)
Yes yes yes, nothing beats the excitement of being bugled about. Proudest moment of my life, that.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

...well, I definitely have to get my friend to paint this new development:

It appropriately showed up on the main page of Huffington Post with the simple headline:

Putin is Ridiculous

quote:

Russian President Vladimir Putin is reportedly planning to put on a fake beak and fly a motorized hang-glider to lead a flock of endangered young Siberian white cranes on part of their migration to Asia.

Is this real life??

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 6, 2012

attackofthequasars
Aug 3, 2011

subject to change without notice
This is just fantastic!

Also, and please tell me I'm not alone in this, when I read the news (especially news as brilliant as what thexerox123 has posted) I can't help but think "What would Andy and John do/say?" (WWA&JD?) I'm ingesting my news through a Bugle poo poo filter.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The only possible explanation I have for this is that Putin or someone on Putin's staff is a huge fan of the Bugle and is trying to give them dynamite material.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Where's my loving BUGLE, Chris?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
No Bugle coming this week, although I think there's going to be another short thing from Andy. They said they should be back next week.

• Locked thread