Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Just started listening to the Immortal Technique ep. I didn't hear the first one, from what I hear I can skip it, but this one is dope so far. I fuckin love hearing that one dude (Is it Slave 7?) talk about how cool spider man is, I wish I didn't have soft eyes so he would hang out with me.

Edit: Oh one thing, I thought Kosher Beef was supposed to be killed in a way that didn't cause undue pain and suffering, wasn't that the whole point? I dunno I'm not Jewish so I don't keep Kosher so I don't know. But if that is the point, then wouldn't the piston be more humane? What's the Rabbinic response to that?

The first IT podcast was actually good as I recall. Also, take EVERYTHING you hear on JRE with heavy helpings of salt, as Joe generally doesn't know poo poo (and admits it, he basically has to fill hours of space with his voice, and inevitably, many half-baked or half-heard thoughts and ideas spill out).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
True that, I just thought kosher laws dictated that beef was only to be slaughtered by cutting their throat, and the justification was to reduce suffering, and was wondering why they didn't move on to what seems like the more humane piston insta-death. But of course plenty of kosher laws have been made obsolete by modern sanitation standards so it's not like there's a lot of revision in it. By the way, dude's name is Swavey, not slave 7, so whoops.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Onnit labs was hacked.

http://josh.staging.onnit.com/security-alert/

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
It was pretty funny, Joe Rogan tweeted about it, and about twenty minutes later the Bro-iest dudes in the office started talking about having to cancel their credit cards. I can't imagine that the experience of hating a lot of the dudes that listen to this podcast is a singular experience. Can I get a witness?

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

So anyone still listening to the Duncan Trussell podcast? I tried to pick it up again, but I was so offended by that stupid digitally altered voice he greeted me with on the Chelsea Peretti (who?) episode that I turned it off within 10 seconds. Shame, the actual podcast might have been worth listening to, but what once got a pass as charming quirkiness just strikes me as loving annoying and occasionally creepy now.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It was pretty funny, Joe Rogan tweeted about it, and about twenty minutes later the Bro-iest dudes in the office started talking about having to cancel their credit cards. I can't imagine that the experience of hating a lot of the dudes that listen to this podcast is a singular experience. Can I get a witness?

Yes. So hard. Try spending 5 minutes on his forum and you'll end up hating yourself.

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ZeroDays posted:

So anyone still listening to the Duncan Trussell podcast? I tried to pick it up again, but I was so offended by that stupid digitally altered voice he greeted me with on the Chelsea Peretti (who?) episode that I turned it off within 10 seconds. Shame, the actual podcast might have been worth listening to, but what once got a pass as charming quirkiness just strikes me as loving annoying and occasionally creepy now.

DTFH is the best podcast and every episode is a gem. Sorry for ur lots.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

DerbyTime!!! posted:

DTFH is the best podcast and every episode is a gem. Sorry for ur lots.

The Brody Stevens one was really good. "Do you like feet? Yes. But they have to be clean"

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

toggle posted:

I think it's pistol bolt to head, then some duder slits their throat. When the bolt hits them they're pretty much knocked out and can't feel anything. So...fairly humane I guess. As humane as blasting a cow's head with a metal rod.

That's how halal is done in Australia anyway.

That would be surprising, are you certain about this or just JREing? Halal/Kosher places emphasis on the animal being conscious, so much so that Jews/Muslims cried holocaust/islamophobia when the Dutch parliament tried to mandate stunning of animals before slaughter.

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Paul Pot posted:

That would be surprising, are you certain about this or just JREing? Halal/Kosher places emphasis on the animal being conscious, so much so that Jews/Muslims cried holocaust/islamophobia when the Dutch parliament tried to mandate stunning of animals before slaughter.

You're right about that, but I've seen a lot of bilateral electric shocks being given to cattle before they're hung by their hind legs and had their throats cut.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

ZeroDays posted:

Chelsea Peretti is a funny comedian who has done a bunch of podcasts.
His opening voice thing was a bit. It lasted under 10 minutes.
DTFH is the best podcast ever.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.

Brekelefuw posted:

Chelsea Peretti is a funny comedian who has done a bunch of podcasts.
His opening voice thing was a bit. It lasted under 10 minutes.
DTFH is the best podcast ever.

Well, the best podcast ever existing in this section of the Multiverse, anyway.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

ZeroDays posted:

but I was so offended by that stupid digitally altered voice he greeted me with on the Chelsea Peretti (who?) episode that I turned it off within 10 seconds

I think you might have the wrong idea... You were "offended"? Nobody who listens to Joe or Duncan gets offended by anything, that's the whole idea, they're comedians.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
duncan's opening bits are worth skipping sometimes. you can skip them.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
Duncan's podcast is great, though unusually skip the opening bits myself.

Does anyone here listen to the bone zone? It's probably my favorite podcast behind Ari's.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

indoflaven posted:

I think you might have the wrong idea... You were "offended"? Nobody who listens to Joe or Duncan gets offended by anything, that's the whole idea, they're comedians, maaaaaaan.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Paul Pot posted:

Well I work with a national meat wholesaler and he says this is what is done for Halal killing in Australia. So who knows? I wouldn't think it's different from country to country though?

Maybe he has been Halal killing cows wrongly for decades???

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Birthday Cake posted:

Does anyone here listen to the bone zone? It's probably my favorite podcast behind Ari's.

The Bone Zone has been slowly creeping into being my favorite podcast. I just love all of the insane bits they do. Anytime Brendon yells at Randy I usually start to lose it.

RANDY! RAND-MAN!

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

indoflaven posted:

I think you might have the wrong idea... You were "offended"? Nobody who listens to Joe or Duncan gets offended by anything, that's the whole idea, they're comedians.

I used the wrong word. Annoyed would have been more appropriate.

Anyway, I was in a pissy mood when I typed that post and take it back, the DTFH is frequently awesome (e.g. that Kreisher and Diaz episode, anything Bolelli goes anywhere near), his opening bits are just sometimes....yeah, I'll skip them.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
I'm pretty partial to your moms house, followed by DTFH. I just find Segura's chemistry with Christina hilarious....

DocMcgillicuddy
Jul 24, 2005

Stop! You need a new routine you've been on this one for almost a month man.
Seconding your mom's house because it got me into the crabfeast which is the best podcast.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Twisting the Wind with Johnny Pemberton and DTFH are my favorite non JRE casts.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

TwistedNails posted:

Twisting the Wind with Johnny Pemberton and DTFH are my favorite non JRE casts.

I love the phone calls Johnny makes. The one in the episode before the most current one where he just starts saying Ohm with his voice filter on had me crying.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

So Duncan is on the icehouse tomorrow, that means there's a good chance he'll be in the same room as redban.

On an unrelated note, I'm seeing Ari live tomorrow night.

STOP WHINING
Mar 28, 2012

You're a fucking choir boy compared to me!
A CHOIR BOY!
Right now I most look forward to:

1. The Bone Zone/ Home Zone
2. The Monday Morning Podcast with Bill Burr
3. The Duncan Trussell Family Hour
4. Ari Shaffir's Skeptic Tank
5. The Champs with Neal Brennan, Moshe Kasher and Dj Doug Pound
6. Punch Drunk with Ari, Teeb and Sam Tripoli
7. JRE/ The Ice House Chronicles

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

diesiel posted:

Yes. So hard. Try spending 5 minutes on his forum and you'll end up hating yourself.

I can't second this enough. That place is by far the biggest collection of idiots I've ever seen. They make the worst parts of reddit and 4chan look like their intellectual equivalents. It took the 3rd or 4th time for me to realize those people were throwing around "alpha" and "beta" as serious terms.

What a loving cesspool.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I think I've heard Joe talk about his forum being a poo poo hole in the past.

I think most fan forums based on things that appeal to the 18-29 testosterone demographic are like that, in my younger stupider days I was a semi-regular at the Tucker Max forum and it was full of terrible people. I lost interest after a year when I realized I was a teenager and cooler than most of the regular "adult" posters. I think it was eventually shut down after weird real life stalking and creepy behavior kept reoccurring.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006
the JRE forums are going to get shut down after someone overdoses on Alphabrain, DMT, and HGH and turns into Tim Roth in The Incredible Hulk.

Unamuno
May 31, 2003
Cry me a fuckin' river, Fauntleroy.
So many unintentional lulz in the bryan callen episode. Yeah, it's Eli Whitney, noted inventor of the cotton gin, heading up the big pharma racket.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004

Birthday Cake posted:

So Duncan is on the icehouse tomorrow, that means there's a good chance he'll be in the same room as redban.

On the kat von d episode, redban said there's no way he'll be there.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

I just started last nights Ice House but it appears Brian and Duncan have made up. He started the show playing "since you've been gone" by Kelly Clarkson and it was immediate :3:

Also, I saw Ari live last night and it was freaking fantastic. I got to talk to him afterwards and he said he liked the Kramer shirt I was wearing. Really cool guy, definitely see him if you get the chance.

EDIT: Wow Joe is wasted in this latest Ice House.

Birthday Cake fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 14, 2012

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've seen Ari perform twice now and I can confirm he's outstanding. See him if you get the chance.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Demie posted:

On the kat von d episode, redban said there's no way he'll be there.

I was hoping that they'd patch things up, but I'm not surprised that several months later redban is still being a huge child about this, long after Duncan apologized

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
Oh they definitely worked it out. Later on in the latest IHC they even have 15 minutes alone time talking about how happy they are to be on friendly terms again.
Check it out, it was a really funny IHC. Joe got pretty hammered at the end, Bert was sober, and Segura killed it. Great episode.

Cataffy fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 14, 2012

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
Quote is not edit

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Cataffy posted:

Oh they definitely worked it out. Later on in the latest IHC they even have 15 minutes alone time talking about how happy they are to be on friendly terms again.
Check it out, it was a really funny IHC. Joe got pretty hammered at the end, Bert was sober, and Segura killed it. Great episode.

Tom Segura is a pretty underrated guy I think as far as being a sought after guest with Joe.

It was nice having him back earlier this week.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
Tom Segura, Duncan, and Ari are by far the best guests of all time. Joey is nice but he's a little too crazy(or gets too high).

Unamuno
May 31, 2003
Cry me a fuckin' river, Fauntleroy.
Hittin up te deathsquad show tomorrow night in pasadena, hope ari performs!

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
If anyone is going to Just for Laughs 42 in Toronto, they just announced a joint show with Brandon Walsch and Tom Segura. Amy Schumer and Ari are also preforming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Cataffy posted:

:unsmith: