Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

You could probably get more people to pay you if you have, like, "sponsored stats" that you could buy as an investor reward. Like maybe I pay you $10 and you put up a stat saying Dixie Cretin Seaman was ranked #1 world's greatest lover and then I just tweet the link to that stat and wait for the bitchez to come knocking down my door all hungry to ride my dilz.

hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

hey ian the reason this will never work is because you're some stupid shithead from socal who doesn't know a lick of programming. keep on with your stupid gaze and complete lack of understanding of anything though

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
socal used to be nice

Sparta
Aug 14, 2003

the other white meat

Guido van Possum posted:

socal used to be nice

when

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
california would be a p. nice place if it didn't have californians

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

my chyldhood

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
San Diego always seemed nice when I visited

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Markov Chain Chomp posted:

hey ian the reason this will never work is because you're some stupid shithead from socal who doesn't know a lick of programming. keep on with your stupid gaze and complete lack of understanding of anything though

Really Man? Seems a bit harsh. I am not the best programmer at the moment, but I am getting better. Jeeze dude.

What don't I understand. Enlighten me!

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Ian McLean posted:

dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Ian McLean posted:

Really Man? Seems a bit harsh. I am not the best programmer at the moment, but I am getting better. Jeeze dude.

you're never going to improve to being even decent. for christ's sake, you're running php in 2012 and your thing has exploits all over the place. i can't even imagine how poorly your poo poo would scale. how did you implement search? do you have any caching layer anywhere?

also, please explain why this wouldn't just be a component of wikimedia foundation.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Ronald Raiden posted:

San Diego always seemed nice when I visited

i loving love daygo lived there for years stuck in denver for a career now but cannot wait to get back there

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Markov Chain Chomp posted:

you're never going to improve to being even decent. for christ's sake, you're running php in 2012 and your thing has exploits all over the place. i can't even imagine how poorly your poo poo would scale. how did you implement search? do you have any caching layer anywhere?

also, please explain why this wouldn't just be a component of wikimedia foundation.

There is no caching layer at the moment. It will get there. What's wrong with PHP? I know there are exploits all over the place. Beta hasn't even been officially released yet.

I guess this whole thing could be a component of wikimedia foundation, but it's not.

Your more than welcome to inform me of exploits you see. Seeing this thing scale will be interesting, but I have no doubt in our ability to pull it off.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
Hello, I Use Capital Letters Poster.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Are you actually Mark Pincus?

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Ian McLean posted:

I am the one who knocks.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Ian McLean posted:

i am the moonshield

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Ian McLean posted:

dont listen to mark hes just a bitter virgin. nice ipo you loving manchild hahah

youre like steve jobs man. the man with the vision. i see a lot of potential there. you just need a nerd with glasses like the other apple guy to take care of the details you know. drive up silicon valley and charm the gently caress out of anyone with a pocket protector

cant wait for your kickstarter to open up again so i can drop some gs. poty out

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

raruler posted:

I think if we tried we could probably get Ian McLean (the business guy), Keith Burgun (the ideas guy), and that Losethos guy together.

Hand crafted games about stats, written in assembly.

throw in Atlas and logansryche and you have yourself a kickstarter

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The basic idea is ok actually but you won't make money off it. As somebody mentioned earlier it has wikimedia foundation written all over it. If you change tack and sell it to kickstarter as a non-for profit thing you may get more backing but I guess you'll be wanting to make money out of it so...

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Ian McLean posted:

your website is poo poo

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Hashtag Nascar posted:

your online site is a piece of poo poo

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Ian McLean posted:

why did you pay $10 to defend your shitfarter project on an internet comedy forum

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

we're probably the biggest referrer, from this thread

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Resplendent Spiral posted:

we're probably the biggest referrer, from this thread

http://statpedia.com/staging/week-1...R/QZsV6i9QxXQ==

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

I have made a website which will plot points for people can I have several thousand dollars

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

julian assflange posted:

The basic idea is ok actually but you won't make money off it.

you mean aside from the nearly 1 million USD "development costs" he begged for from kickstarter?

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
can i use this to put numbers on the best bong hit?

0xB16B00B5
Aug 24, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

you mean aside from the nearly 1 million USD "development costs" he begged for from kickstarter?

develop a coke habit

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
hey Ian theres too much negativity in this thread imo

while i dont think your website idea is really going to go anywhere I liked your kickstarter vid + you seem like a funny guy + you have nice teeth irl

thanks for signing up and posting here you kind of own i wish i were 1/10th as handsome and charming as u

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
also just a tip you can leverage the huge number of nerds on the internet to do your coding for you if you put the code up on github its like a free workforce just post it and they will swarm like flies to honey or w/e

github is like statpedia but for code

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
no don't use github, linux tarvolds said it was bad, that means open source people don't use it, duh!

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
I have a github, but it is set as a private repository at the moment. I have been holding off on making it open, which I think in the long run will be more successful; although it may take some more time.

I also have statpedia up on gust, so I am actively speaking to angel investors; they still want to see a bit more progress before funding, which is fine.

Thanks for all the input. Definitely worth 10 dollars. :)

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
Your welcome, glad we could help. Please enjoy the rest of your stay at the 'POS. And be sure to check out the Steve Urkel Megathread before you leave.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Obama'samerica.gif

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ChiralCondensate posted:

dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
lol

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
you're like victor: the kickstarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Ian McLean posted:

I also have statpedia up on gust, so I am actively speaking to angel investors; they still want to see a bit more progress before funding

hahahahahahah yeah

• Locked thread