Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

More goblin pirates from Black Scorpion:

http://www.blackscorpionminiatures.com/product_info.php?products_id=131

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Naramyth posted:

Touche salesman.

Heh, I think it's pretty unclear at the moment and really you can argue it either way, so I'd like a more specific answer from GW in the future about whether Vengeful Tornado / Chain Lightning, Imotekh's Lord of the Storm, etc. hit Flyers. I dunno how they pick which questions they are going answer but it's really dumb. I've said this before many times but GW needs to hire some someone who is good at writing rules, templating, that kind of niche copy editing stuff.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Goons posted:

Pirates galore!

Hey now, with all that we're off to a pretty good start! They'll make excellent Wyches. Thanks!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fix posted:

Found it. I didn't realize people were so catty about 40k.
Care to link it? I have to get some anger out of my system.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Pierzak posted:

But isn't reading some chucklefuck's rant just going to make you more angry?

AgentF
May 11, 2009

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Posted a long, bitter article about how the Nova open is a scam set up by Mike Brant to let Tony win, and that everyone who went actually hated it.

You shouldn't be able to call anything the Tammany Hall of 40k if you can't spell Tammany.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

PeterWeller posted:

But isn't reading some chucklefuck's rant just going to make you more angry?
Nah, it'll just give me some perspective. Don't ask.

VVV: Exactly what I needed. Something not to take seriously.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 10, 2012

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Pierzak posted:

http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2012/09/08/tits-for-tournaments-novaopen-the-tammeny-hall-of-40k/

Here, I guess. Knock yourself out. I don't really see the point of it. Some dude rageblogging about the politics of a 40k tournament seems about as far from something that should be taken seriously as you can really get on this planet.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I don't know much about NOVA or the guy in question, but he writes about as effectively as an angry 15-year-old and has nothing other than hearsay to back up most of his accusations.

Edit: On a mostly unrelated note, anyone know what's up with 3++? Seems dead to me.

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 10, 2012

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Something's wrong with their host, apparently.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

Phyresis posted:

Heh, I think it's pretty unclear at the moment and really you can argue it either way, so I'd like a more specific answer from GW in the future about whether Vengeful Tornado / Chain Lightning, Imotekh's Lord of the Storm, etc. hit Flyers. I dunno how they pick which questions they are going answer but it's really dumb. I've said this before many times but GW needs to hire some someone who is good at writing rules, templating, that kind of niche copy editing stuff.

I don't know, when they say "Only Snap Shots can hit Zooming Flyers and Gliding Flying Monstrous Creatures" I assume that if its not a snap shot and doesn't specifically says something like "This can hit flyers" then it can't hit flyers.

I do agree that they should hire better technical writers though, some of the wording on these rules is so counter intuitive.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I don't know, when they say "Only Snap Shots can hit Zooming Flyers and Gliding Flying Monstrous Creatures" I assume that if its not a snap shot and doesn't specifically says something like "This can hit flyers" then it can't hit flyers.

I do agree that they should hire better technical writers though, some of the wording on these rules is so counter intuitive.

Also I wouldn't like to try to convince someone at my FLGS that when it says "attacks that don't roll to hit cannot hit this" and "this thing that does not roll to hit is not a shooting attack" it actually means that the thing is not just not a shooting attack, but not an attack at all and therefore can hit the flyer.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Do they say that only snap shots can hit fliers? I thought it was that certain shots cannot be fired as snap shots, and all shots against flyers (that do not have the skyfire rule) must be resolved as snap shots. Therefore certain shots cannot be fired at fliers.

Can you snapfire the weapon? If no, then you can't hit a flier with it.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Master Twig posted:

Do they say that only snap shots can hit fliers? I thought it was that certain shots cannot be fired as snap shots, and all shots against flyers (that do not have the skyfire rule) must be resolved as snap shots. Therefore certain shots cannot be fired at fliers.

The issue with vengeful tornado is that it's not actually a shooting attack. It's a random effect from a table that takes place in the shooting phase. It doesn't come from a weapon or a psychic power.

Companion Cube posted:

Also I wouldn't like to try to convince someone at my FLGS that when it says "attacks that don't roll to hit cannot hit this" and "this thing that does not roll to hit is not a shooting attack" it actually means that the thing is not just not a shooting attack, but not an attack at all and therefore can hit the flyer.

I'd love if GW made their FAQ answers really passive agressive... or just plain agressive.

"It's a loving tornado, of course it hits flyers. Have you ever flown through a tornado that's some crazy poo poo."

"A hyper phase sword is a power sword dipshit. What did you think it was? A loving fish."

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 10, 2012

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Master Twig posted:

On this subject, can the Ork Weirdboy power Zzap actually hit fliers? It's an autohit, after all.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

ChrisAsmadi posted:

On this subject, can the Ork Weirdboy power Zzap actually hit fliers? It's an autohit, after all.

yes/maybe

Q: Does a weapon that hits automatically, still hit automatically when making a Snap Shot? (p13)
A: Yes.

Q: Can psychic shooting attacks be fired as Snap Shots (assuming that the Psyker has enough Warp Charge available and requires a roll to hit)? (p13)
A: Yes, but only in your own Shooting phase. This means that psychic shooting attacks cannot be made when firing Overwatch.

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 10, 2012

Kosmonaut
Mar 9, 2009

Cataphract posted:

I'd love if GW made their FAQ answers really passive agressive... or just plain agressive.

"It's a loving tornado, of course it hits flyers. Have you ever flown through a tornado that's some crazy poo poo."

"A hyper phase sword is a power sword dipshit. What did you think it was? A loving fish."

This would be a much better way to handle the dumb questions than "you might be surprised to learn that the obvious is true" or randomly deciding common sense doesn't apply that day.

Q. Does a weapon that hits automatically, still hit automatically when making a snap shot?
A. I dunno, why don't you read the part that describes snap shots as being made at BS1 and tell me? Does a shot made at BS4 that automatically hits still automatically hit? How about BS2? Christ.

Q. Can I choose to make a snap shot rather than a normal shot?
A. What? Why the gently caress would you ever want to decrease your chance of hitting? No. If you want to lose just play Eldar.

Q. Can the Feel No Pain special rule be used to resist a Wound suffered from Perils of the Warp?
A. Can a special rule that works against any wounds except those that cause instant death be used to resist a wound that doesn't cause instant death? Don't be a tit.

Q. Can Feel No Pain rolls be made against unsaved Wounds inflicted by weapons that have the Instant Death special rule?
A. You're doing this on purpose to piss me off, aren't you?

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Q: What happens if a model with BS0 takes a Snap Shot? Do they count as having a BS of 1? (13)
A: Is a retard better at shooting a plane than it is shooting a person at point blank range? No, he can barely work his chair.

Q: Can a character make a Look out, Sir attempt to pass a Wound from an overheating Gets Hot weapon onto another member of his squad?
A: What? how? Does he perform an immediate skin transplant? No

Q. Does a Bastion have battlements? (p95)
A: yes, look at the loving thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Aggressive sarcasm would be a marvel for the people who take the game too serious.

Q: Can I Go to Ground in response to Overwatch fire?
A: Yes. Afterwords, your unit does the loving worm the rest of the charge distance. Make sure to push your models face-first across the ground to represent this.

Q: Do you resolve a Bigbomm attack at the end of a Deffkopta's movement?
A: No, you resolve it in the middle of the move, while holding the model in the air and making sound effects.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 10, 2012

Kosmonaut
Mar 9, 2009

Q: Do Precision Shots have to be allocated against models in the character’s line of sight? (p63)
A: No. Characters are such good shots their bullets will actually curve around corners. Congratulations on finding this Easter egg by being a rules-lawyering twat.

Q: Are models free to move underneath Zooming Flyers? (p80)
A: Despite the fact we answered this right in the loving book, no, you have to stay at least three feet away from all flyers and at least twenty feet away from the button that lets you ask us these stupid questions.

Q: Can you shoot at a gun emplacement attached to an Aegis defence line? (p116)
A: No, we wrote a profile for it because we were bored.

Q. Can units disembark from the battlements? (p95)
A: Sorry, in the far future ladders only go one way. Once you're up there, you're there for good.

Q: Are the psychic powers listed in the Codexes all assumed to be Warp Charge 1? (var)
A: The fact that we haven't published any sort of errata for them should indicate that you're meant to read our minds and guess their new warp charge.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Nephew asked me to come over and to bring my boxes of space mans and bugs and bats. So I did, and after I finished assembling all the models in the Dark Vengeance box much fun was had.

Behold the attack of Doctor Claw Hands and his legion of Robot Zombie Men upon the castle of Mr Spikeybug and "The Good Guys". Also a flying shark.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I made a note of it earlier, but they messed this up, or I don't understand a rule somewhere else.

They mention olny snap shots can hit fliers, ok we are all on the same page. But then they include GLIDING Monsterous creatures, not Swooping. This is cleary a mistake but I have not heard anyone else mention it. Is it that we all are subconsciously reading it correctly or am I missing a rule about Gliding Monsterous Creatures being Hard to Hit?

When the FAQ's went down quickly after going up I assumed they were fixing this. They wern't.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I guess those photos were taken shortly before your forces were crushed underfoot by the formidable xenos tod'lar

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

You are a good ham.

Kosmonaut
Mar 9, 2009

MonsterUnderYourBed posted:

I guess those photos were taken shortly before your forces were crushed underfoot by the formidable xenos tod'lar

Tod'lars are totally broken in 6th, try and tell them they can't assault a flyer and they're like "nope I'm a dragon screeeeaaaawwwww"

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So awesomely terrifying.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Kosmonaut posted:

Tod'lars are totally broken in 6th, try and tell them they can't assault a flyer and they're like "nope I'm a dragon screeeeaaaawwwww"

Welp, gonna have to call my Chaos flyer "Tod'lar" I guess...

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I have never painted Orks before but the new vehicles are so amazing!

2 hours in!!

The cockpit isn't blue. That is the remaining tape on the inside.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Kosmonaut posted:

Q: Do Precision Shots have to be allocated against models in the character’s line of sight? (p63)
A: We just watched Wanted, so they totally loving can.

Kosmonaut
Mar 9, 2009

PeterWeller posted:

A: We just watched Wanted, so they totally loving can.

:doh: I was trying to remember the name of that so I could make a joke about it

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Alright - finished painting a few models after the big GT at my local store. It inspired me to finish some poo poo.

The GT was pretty fun - got stomped by an Armored Company list and a Daemon army (that was a surprise). I didn't play against any Necrons but I beat some space marines and some Dark Eldar. I really shouldn't have beaten the DE guy - his Hellions and Baron charged a half strength Grey Hunter squad and the Mark of the Wulfen managed to out kill him and caused him to fail leadership, beat me on initiative, and fall off the table. Huge victory turn 1 there.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Kosmonaut posted:

:doh: I was trying to remember the name of that so I could make a joke about it

I figured that was what you were going for.

Bavius, I really like that HQ model. The wolf helmet is my favorite helmet.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Ghost Hand, can you do me a favor? Slap Tasty for me the next time you see him. It's been a while since I've read something on the internet that raised so much vitriol in me. I'm unfollowing him; people repost his rumors fast enough anyway.

I'll be honest - his post today really annoyed me. It isn't constructive in any way shape or form. I was actually talking to Geoff about this earlier.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Fix posted:

Found it. I didn't realize people were so catty about 40k.

THEY aren't - he is.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Written by someone who, for the second time in a row, did not attend the event he bitches about.

Completely agree with you.

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Sep 10, 2012

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!

PeterWeller posted:

I figured that was what you were going for.

Bavius, I really like that HQ model. The wolf helmet is my favorite helmet.

Thanks PeterWeller, I ran him as Vulcan in the GT - the Wolf Head seemed like the best fit.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
So Dark Vengance is loving awesome. I'm really impressed with everything about it.

Except maybe that it's going to make me buy 2 new armies.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Smegmalicious posted:

So Dark Vengance is loving awesome. I'm really impressed with everything about it.

Yeah, this is going to be a problem for me as well. I've got several thousand points of Guard and BA sitting here already, I've started on some Necrons... and now I'm wanting to do a DA and a Chaos army as well. I already bought a box of termies so I've got ten Deathwing guys total to ally in to my BA (because bone coloured termies are awesome), so god help me when they actually release both the CSM and DA codexes.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Smegmalicious posted:

At least you'll have something to play while you wait for a new Templar codex.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

SRM posted:

I can't wait to get paid so I can blow like $300 at the Strat on starter sets, paints that I lost in the move, and tanks for my Valhallans. Also, don't some of you Boston-area goons game at the Hobby Bunker in Malden? I live in Somerville now and can get there in like 20 minutes if the buses agree with me.

There is a group that shows up every Sunday from 12-6, I have gone once or twice and found some decent games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ghost Hand posted:

Completely agree with you.

It's sad that his rantings are getting more attention online than the event itself did.

• Locked thread