Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

280ZX and the Z31 300ZX did too. Never had the pleasure of using it though. Still had the original can of compressed air in the 300 when I sold it. Looked like a little propane can from a camp stove IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

MiniFoo posted:

[edit] One of them has km/h on the speedo... and is LHD. :psyduck:
[edit] Two of them, actually :psypop:

Canadian maybe?

Herr FLSH
Feb 10, 2006

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Q_res posted:

Canadian maybe?

No.

You'd probably be looking at German cars.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MiniFoo posted:

Well, drive them on the street. They could be used for racing purposes.

Also, I am so goddamn tempted to bid on one of those Familia GT-Rs. I don't give a gently caress if it has a roll cage, just GIVE IT TO ME.

[edit] One of them has km/h on the speedo and the "Real Time AWD" trim, but 323 on the back and is LHD. :psyduck:
[edit] Two of them, actually :psypop:

My friend and I are thinking of going up there and checking out the R32's. Buy one and make it a track car. You don't ahve to do any legalizing or federalizing if you're just going to use it on the track, correct?

Content:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

SiB posted:

The 2010 Mercedes SLK55 AMG that's in my shop disagrees with you. I used its collapsible spare today on it.

I stand corrected. Didn't know anyone still used them.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

GramCracker posted:

Holy CRAP. Who owned this estate and had soo many random cars/motorcycles/everything? Also, what are the odds that any of these cars will fire up without some sort of issue?

This guy willing brought a lot of R32's and Pulsar's over knowing he couldn't drive them... :psyduck:

edit: this is blowing my mind

Heh, notice his massive collection of Mazda 323's?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
What happened to the goon that was importing one for our viewing pleasure?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Hmm. Plenty of them here in Australia.
I'm in the market for a wagon because the falcon is due for replacement anyway.
I was looking at subarus and volvos but http://tinyurl.com/8jy55e5

edit: Just noticed that all in Western Australia were only 4 spd autos, that won't do. I guess I'll have to wait awhile (WA HaHa), or go to the eastern states for a 5spd.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 13, 2012

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

One more Tommykaira:

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Everything I know about Tommy Kaira I learned from Gran Turismo.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Spotted in Westminster.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ZippySLC
Jun 3, 2002

~what is art, baby dont post, dont post, no more~

no seriously don't post

Darchangel posted:

I stand corrected. Didn't know anyone still used them.

My Touareg had one as well. It would inflate using the compressor from the air suspension system.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

kylej posted:

Everything I know about Tommy Kaira I learned from Gran Turismo.
I had a hard time finding some of those pictures because half of the ones on GIS were from GT.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Just got back from an evening at the official opening of the new local Porsche dealer and service centre. Didn't think to take a proper camera, but here are some vaguely acceptable phone pictures.

Unfortunately I drove, so didn't get to take full advantage of the free booze, but still had a good night.
Have also booked myself in for a couple of test drives at some point. Should be good, as long as I'm not tempted to spend more money I can't really afford to...

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
This just popped up on my facebook.

quote:

So the story is a man paid his traffic fine of $137 in one dollar bills... folded into origami pigs... delivered in 2 Dunkin' Donuts boxes. Well played sir. Well played.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

kastein posted:

Thats gotta be asking for trouble...

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

kastein posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yTBHCNHaQo

It's spuer cool until you're required to unfold all those bills. Also, "BaconMoose" said "The $1 piggies took around six hours to prepare." You'd think he had better things to do with his time.

Herr FLSH
Feb 10, 2006

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Das Volk posted:

Spotted in Westminster.

Wow ive actualy seen that car before up at perfect touch in hoddeston, which isnt suprising seeing as they used to be one of the places to get your skyline mapped.

I've always liked the Tommykaira ZZ tho, iirc they were actualy built in the uk. So they were pretty much a japanese version of the elise with a SR20DE motor.

Also just spotted this on pistonheads
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4231676.htm
E46 M3 with an S85 motor from the previous gen M5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bprqXly5Dzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc_yXqhUSZI

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

They made an electric version of the ZZ:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

a big fwiggen terd posted:

Wow ive actualy seen that car before up at perfect touch in hoddeston, which isnt suprising seeing as they used to be one of the places to get your skyline mapped.

I've always liked the Tommykaira ZZ tho, iirc they were actualy built in the uk. So they were pretty much a japanese version of the elise with a SR20DE motor.

Also just spotted this on pistonheads
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4231676.htm
E46 M3 with an S85 motor from the previous gen M5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bprqXly5Dzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc_yXqhUSZI

Why on earth would you sell a car like that, especially after all that work?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Das Volk posted:

Why on earth would you sell a car like that, especially after all that work?

Dunno hes a drifter and i'm pretty sure he owns or is a big part of driftworks.com, so he probably has a few awesome projects like this.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Phil's buying and TTing a gallardo.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Ferremit posted:

Thats gotta be asking for trouble...

Seriously. That guy's rate of being pulled over just shot up by 300%.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

TyChan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yTBHCNHaQo

It's spuer cool until you're required to unfold all those bills. Also, "BaconMoose" said "The $1 piggies took around six hours to prepare." You'd think he had better things to do with his time.

No way. He sure showed them!

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

ash with a five posted:

Phil's buying and TTing a gallardo.

Hahaha did someone really give you a title because your old one said "chimping out"? Like having a title with the n-word is somehow better :laugh:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Das Volk posted:

Hahaha did someone really give you a title because your old one said "chimping out"? Like having a title with the n-word is somehow better :laugh:

They were bought by the same person who reads my post history and one time I accidentally said, 'chimping out,' when I assumed it meant chucking stuff about and being angry.

Social justice types are literally baby virgins who couldn't just PM you and tell you the crack, they also don't understand irony :qq:

Here's a pic from Munich:

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.

ash with a five posted:

...'chimping out,' when I assumed it meant chucking stuff about and being angry.

I thought it was in reference to taking pictures and looking at your LCD screen to confirm exposure/composition. I guess I'm a racist rear end in a top hat, too. :(

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

McMadCow posted:

I thought it was in reference to taking pictures and looking at your LCD screen to confirm exposure/composition. I guess I'm a racist rear end in a top hat, too. :(

Same here :v:
The build thread on this makes me want to build one.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

BlackMK4 posted:

Same here :v:
The build thread on this makes me want to build one.

Wheres the build thread I need to see the build thread!

also ash is from teeside so hes obviously a massive racist :v:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

a big fwiggen terd posted:

Wheres the build thread I need to see the build thread!

also ash is from teeside so hes obviously a massive racist :v:

http://www.trackculture.com/category/bmw-e46-m3-v10-conversion/

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

McMadCow posted:

I thought it was in reference to taking pictures and looking at your LCD screen to confirm exposure/composition.
Given how some people photograph cars, you can see why people would discount this option.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Why yes, that is an Accordamino.

Aside from the bad spoilers and bad stripes, it was very cleanly done.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 14, 2012

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I'm trying to buy this car, felt it's pretty AI.

E30 with the M30 from an e32 and a TCD turbo kit. Putting down ~340 to the wheels.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

Fo3 posted:

Hmm. Plenty of them here in Australia.
I'm in the market for a wagon because the falcon is due for replacement anyway.
I was looking at subarus and volvos but http://tinyurl.com/8jy55e5

edit: Just noticed that all in Western Australia were only 4 spd autos, that won't do. I guess I'll have to wait awhile (WA HaHa), or go to the eastern states for a 5spd.

If it is the 4 speed tip-tronic I have to say it isn't too bad - I have one in my R34 four-door Skyline. A lot of AI people laugh at me like I am wearing a skirt but they are very strong and with slight modification they dont mind power above 400hp or higher. I can roll at about 30-40kph in third gear and floor it and it will hit the speed limiter at 180kph before third gear runs out of legs. Also, the auto doesn't drop any boost through a shift.

Plus buying an auto dropped nearly 8 grand of the buying price from Japan. That said - why dont you just import your own? It only takes about 6 months so and you can pick and choose?

(not my car)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Crustashio posted:

I'm trying to buy this car, felt it's pretty AI.

E30 with the M30 from an e32 and a TCD turbo kit. Putting down ~340 to the wheels.

Throw away that steering wheel, and I think you've got a good car on your hands. Any more info about what's done to it? E36 rack, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Lightbulb Out posted:

Throw away that steering wheel, and I think you've got a good car on your hands. Any more info about what's done to it? E36 rack, etc?

quote:

EXTERIoR - M TECH2 kit - euro plate filler - hella tinted tails - hella city lights - euro grill - extra 'art' hood - Glass sun roof - shaved antenna - shaved rear lip spoiler - resprayed awhile ago

INTERIOR - custom white leather interior with black piping - custom black carpet - ac shnitzer pedals and cluster - m3 rear view mirror with map light - MOMO steering wheel - Bavarian auto sport shift knob - ZM short shifter - Eurowerks gauge pod - AEM wideband / VDO boost gauge

MOTOR/DRIVETRAIN - M30B35 w.TCD kit - Rebuilt head (seals,decked,valves grinded)- shirck cam- All gaskets and seals (head,injectors,main seals) - megasquirt w. PnP harness - Garret T04E 60 trim - TCD manifold - Tial 38mm wastegate - 3.73 LSD - FMIC w.custom piping - Custom mounts w.solid mounts - Spal slim fan - New radiator and hoses - sachs clutch - Timing chain and guides - New wheel bearings/cv shafts/flexdisk/hangerbearing.

BRAKES - Front RX7 brakes w.brake line adapters,mounting bracket,fresh rotors,Hawk HT10 - Rears: fresh caliper/rotors w.hawk HT10 - All new Soft Lines - Most hard lines

SUSPENSION/WHEELS - GC coils - Bilstein shocks - Work vs-xx In 17x9 et35 (with adaptors; +15) - Adaptors 4x100-5x114.3-20 mm - Nankang 215/40/17 - strut bar