Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dave doesn't know what Gravity Falls is. Shocking I know, there's also an argument on the new Observer radio about whether Spongebob is entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

That's not even a wrestling bubble thing though, Gravity Falls is a brand new cartoon aimed at a kids. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people don't know what it is.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

njsykora posted:

Dave doesn't know what Gravity Falls is. Shocking I know, there's also an argument on the new Observer radio about whether Spongebob is entertainment.

Is there reason people should know what it is? I have no clue but I'm outside the U.S. Is it really popular all of the sudden?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

PaybackJack posted:

Is there reason people should know what it is? I have no clue but I'm outside the U.S. Is it really popular all of the sudden?

It's extremely good. Like Animaniacs good.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

That's not to say it's like Animaniacs at all but yeah it's one of the best cartoons to be on TV in years.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Wow I can't believe Dave Meltzer, a man in his fifties, hasn't heard of a children's cartoon that premiered three months ago.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

But you see it's popular on the internet so it must be popular in literally every other facet of life.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

It's extremely good. Like Animaniacs good.

I had no clue either until I looked up what your name/avatar was from a couple days ago.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Cardboard Box posted:

That's not to say it's like Animaniacs at all but yeah it's one of the best cartoons to be on TV in years.

In some ways it is. It has pop culture referential humour that isn't just, "HEY THIS IS A 90s REFERENCE" that they fit very well into the show. Grunkle Stan also uses a lot of adult humour that we get which I don't think a nine year old would.

Anyway it's a new cartoon which is aimed at kids but is legitimately funny for anyone, especially those who are in their mid 20s and pretty much grew up with what Dipper and Mabel are dealing with (aside from the paranormal/fantasy stuff). Also, Dave Meltzer not knowing it is completely acceptable. It's still in the, "Hey, have you watched this great new cartoon? I promise it's not anime, I don't want to lose a friend!" frame of existence.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Is Dave Meltzer a brony

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Oatgan posted:

Is Dave Meltzer a brony

You joke, but about 10 years from now Raw will be have special guest hosts: My Little Pony.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Great White Hope posted:

You joke, but about 10 years from now Raw will be have special guest hosts: My Little Pony.

No in a few years they'll think the rugrats is the hot new show!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

HulkaMatt posted:

Oh, it'll be My Little Pony alright...the 80's version.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave: "Phineas & Ferb."
Bryan: "That's pretty entertaining."

Should have sent in Perry as a name for Bryan's new cat.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey, better go online to see if there is anything on F4W to listen to.

Cool, breaking news u- :stare:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Vinny's legit grievance about Bryan not paying him enough to watch wrestling was just too good to be true.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really wish they had a long-term subscription deal or something, because I always have to subscribe and unsubscribe as my finances go, whereas they would get a little bit of my money every month instead of 10 bucks three or four times a year. I totally get that the amount of content they put out is massive, but I almost would rather have like a Bryan & Vinny Only package or something.

I don't really think their price is unfair, it's just that a PPV every few months and this show every few months is about my wrestling budget right now!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my loving god the Granny Limp Bizkit song

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Oh my loving god the Granny Limp Bizkit song

Had me leaning on the corner of an aisle in the supermarket gasping for air. Five star song after a long song drought.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Ok I'm going to have to listen to this. About how deep into the show is it?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Ok I'm going to have to listen to this. About how deep into the show is it?

22:00

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
That song had me laughing and I don't even know why.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

triplexpac posted:

That song had me laughing and I don't even know why.

Because it's an 80-something year old woman in a Limp Bizkit song?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Alvarez couldn't get the ECW Zombie on again, he found a replacement though.

Can you dig it... SUCKA?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Limp Bizkit drops always work out well, for some reason. I still smile when I think about the Break The loving Table song from last year.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRayPer posted:

Alvarez couldn't get the ECW Zombie on again, he found a replacement though.

Can you dig it... SUCKA?

So... this is the first currently contracted WWE talent on a WO show in how many years? Just out of the blue like that?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

So... this is the first currently contracted WWE talent on a WO show in how many years? Just out of the blue like that?

Announcer contracts have significantly more leeway in them. The answer would be however long it has been since Austin was on since he's under a lifetime deal, but it would go back to Cena or Lesnar when they were under developmental deals in 2001, or someone like Ross earlier in that year.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Meat Recital posted:

Limp Bizkit drops always work out well, for some reason. I still smile when I think about the Break The loving Table song from last year.

And now it's back in my head and making me smile too. Dammit.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRayPer posted:

Announcer contracts have significantly more leeway in them. The answer would be however long it has been since Austin was on since he's under a lifetime deal, but it would go back to Cena or Lesnar when they were under developmental deals in 2001, or someone like Ross earlier in that year.
Austin was August 2010.

Could Booker T have been the Mystery Man who wanted to be on in January?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I always assumed it was Punk when he was doing ESPN and Ariel's show after he "quit"

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

HulkaMatt posted:

"Say Hunter...have you heard of this...anime?!"

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

These Hall of Fame discussions are almost as bad as Todd shows.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Nut Bunnies posted:

If that gets LuFisto signed I'll be OK with it.

Arbite posted:

Let's not go crazy here.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Nut Bunnies posted:

"Yeah, Vince, I did. Matter of fact, I found a character in some show called Ultimate Muscle that'd appeal to you."

"I LOVE IT!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Arbite posted:

That last one would've taken half the time if Dave could just admit that Bryan was boiling his point down correctly. He really was, at best, saying no one who worked primarily in Britain can be in the HoF based on drawing power. It really sounds like he doesn't think anyone, bar maybe McManus has any right to be in, but in the most generous interpretation, that's what he said. And then denied it for 10 minutes when Bryan rephrased it in as many words.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

That last one would've taken half the time if Dave could just admit that Bryan was boiling his point down correctly. He really was, at best, saying no one who worked primarily in Britain can be in the HoF based on drawing power. It really sounds like he doesn't think anyone, bar maybe McManus has any right to be in, but in the most generous interpretation, that's what he said. And then denied it for 10 minutes when Bryan rephrased it in as many words.

Bryan's original point was "but he was so famous!" then the drawing thing came up and Dave was able to give McManus as a possible exception and Bryan kept at it. In the end I am glad they went on that tangent as it led to Dave going into some of the history of that era in British wrestling which was interesting as always.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I never knew poo poo about Big Daddy except he's a lovely worker whose name always comes up. Listened to that tangent in 2 parts driving to work and back home, thought it was great stuff.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If we go by Bryan's criteria Power Uti needs to be in the Observer Hall of Fame. (He continues to be annoying to start the Lance show)

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRayPer posted:

If we go by Bryan's criteria Power Uti needs to be in the Observer Hall of Fame. (He continues to be annoying to start the Lance show)
But that's the nature of the completely ridiculous Other region that doesn't include Japan, US/Canada, or Mexico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I don't know who Big Daddy is, nor do I give a poo poo about him, so a lot of audio this week has been insufferable.

Whoever submitted the campaign slogan threatening more Big Daddy audio if Bryan didn't win should have won the $10

• Locked thread