Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

IRQ posted:

It definitely had some poo poo.

:golfclap:

Now that's a good post, even from someone people disagree with.

Realtalk: started chapter 6's sex scene, got a few notes together for chapter 22. Upload to the doc if you got somethin!

Oh poo poo, uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

SaviourX posted:

:golfclap:

Now that's a good post, even from someone people disagree with.

Give me credit for an assist, that was a straight up alley oop, and IRQ took it to the house with panache.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
If someone permabans A_H I will eat a copy of ADWD.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Alright guys I'm claiming Chapter 8 since it seems 1stGear has not submitted anything. I'll have it done TODAY.

See if I don't. :colbert:

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

The Mutato posted:

If someone permabans A_H I will eat a copy of ADWD.

Chance of that happening is slim.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azure_Horizon posted:

We can dream.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Dorne is BULLSHIT

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Fly Molo posted:

We can dream.

You first, dipshit.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Alright, stow it, troopers. There's no place for this kind of animosity in the exalted God-Emperor's Asoiaf 101st Light Infantry.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Azure_Horizon posted:

Because the book is so thick.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Alright, stow it, troopers. There's no place for this kind of animosity in the exalted God-Emperor's Asoiaf 101st Light Infantry.

I hate all of you.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So it feels like a year since I've even looked at this thread. Are we any closer to even the slightest idea of when TWoW will be out?

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

thornghost posted:

Alright guys I'm claiming Chapter 8 since it seems 1stGear has not submitted anything. I'll have it done TODAY.

See if I don't. :colbert:

Done and uploaded to the Google Doc! I've updated the original post.

I've done double duty now. Who else will step up to the plate and claim an unfinished chapter?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

So it feels like a year since I've even looked at this thread. Are we any closer to even the slightest idea of when TWoW will be out?

When HBO pressures GRRM into it and he finally snaps and writes

Thulsa Doom posted:

a complete unfilmable mess where zombie Jon kills Others by jamming Melisandre on his cock and shooting burning fart gas from her mouth like a flamethrower while Daenerys completely abandons the concept of clothing because she's a fire god or whatever.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

thornghost posted:

I've done double duty now. Who else will step up to the plate and claim an unfinished chapter?

SaviourX has claimed my orphan chapter and frankly if they've made good progress yet they can have it. If not I'll do it up post haste.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

thornghost posted:

I've already said I'd take Brandon's first and I'm a quarter done, I might take his second if there's no progress by the time I'm done.

syscall girl posted:

SaviourX has claimed my orphan chapter and frankly if they've made good progress yet they can have it. If not I'll do it up post haste.

Why not race?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Thulsa Doom posted:

I hope that HBO pressures him into "rushing" the next book and in retaliation he writes a complete unfilmable mess where zombie Jon kills Others by jamming Melisandre on his cock and shooting burning fart gas from her mouth like a flamethrower while Daenerys completely abandons the concept of clothing because she's a fire god or whatever.

You say unfilmable, I say "did you SEE the most recent season of True Blood?". There is very little that HBO would consider unfilmable.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
thornghost, which chapters have been vacated? I am getting high as balls and doing one.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

Fatkraken posted:

You say unfilmable, I say "did you SEE the most recent season of True Blood?". There is very little that HBO would consider unfilmable.

I mentioned the naked Dany thing because I don't think Emilia Clarke is comfortable doing more nudity. I think I read that somewhere. Probably because GRRRM was on set, leering. He probably tittered when the guy playing Viserys touched her tit, as his is wont.

I reckon he's got a big countdown in his secret dungeon counting down to the day the Sansa girl turns 18. He's probably got a whole wall of them for all the child actors, including the extras. I bet that poo poo looks like the war room from Dr. Strangelove.

Also, no. I did not see the most recent season of True Blood.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Fatkraken posted:

Care to summarize what those who didn't watch missed?

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Unless it involves someone ramming someone else onto their dick and converting them into a flamethrower, my point stands. :colbert:

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Thulsa Doom posted:

Unless it involves someone ramming someone else onto their dick and converting them into a flamethrower, my point stands. :colbert:

Someone shapeshifting into a fly and then going into a vampire's mouth only to shift back and explode them from the inside out is pretty close.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

That's not even remotely close, I don't hear anything about dicks. Or fire.

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010
Here, have a present from the thread that thinks the number of vowels in 'A Song of Ice' makes it hard to say:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

The other one is good too:

Let these be inspiration for whoever's still got chapters featuring the Pound and/or Jeffrey.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

The Slippery Nipple posted:

Here, have a present from the thread that thinks the number of vowels in 'A Song of Ice' makes it hard to say:

Stop it, this is making me feel weird and I don't like it.

I need an adult.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Thulsa Doom posted:

I need an adult.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

The Slippery Nipple posted:

:psyduck:

name changed to protect the guilty posted:

"A Song of Ice" is hard to say, there are too many vowels. "A Song of Fire and Ice" definitely rolls off the tongue better.

edit: of ice is harder to say then because of the o/i...gently caress it I don't know it is just harder.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

The Mutato posted:

thornghost, which chapters have been vacated? I am getting high as balls and doing one.

How about trying the creepy food sex thing from chapter 12? I bet that would be a blast to write whilst high as gently caress.

SaviourX, should I have you on chapters 6, 18 and 22?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Thulsa Doom posted:

That's not even remotely close, I don't hear anything about dicks. Or fire.

There was also buck naked vampire goddess emerging from a puddle of blood and wandering around totally naked and covered in blood. Also lots and lots of vampire deaths, which involve graphically exploding into piles of viscera. And in previous seasons vampires kill and mangle innocent people then gently caress while covered in their blood.

It's a nice family show.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Wasn't there a subplot about a family of werepanthers kidnapping and raping a man?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

That man was Jason Stackhouse, First of His Name.

A handy viewing tip for any episode of TrueBlood: to determine how intelligent Jason is in any given scene, look to his torso. If entirely bare, he is very clever and will know just what to do. If fully clothed, he is mind-bogglingly stupid and will gently caress up absolutely everything he touches. T-shirts render him an average man.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Is it that he is more intelligent or that others become more stupid when exposed to his torso?

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

whowhatwhere posted:

Is it that he is more intelligent or that others become more stupid when exposed to his torso?

Well, that's how it works for me.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I'm like that but with pants.

Those bitches come off and I'm loving Stephen Hawking.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

IRQ posted:

I'm like that but with pants.

Those bitches come off and I'm loving Stephen Hawking.

Your body is a shriveled, nonfunctional ruin?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Thulsa Doom posted:

Your body is a shriveled, nonfunctional ruin?

It might as well be, but at least I'm not wearing pants like you bougie conformists. :smug:

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

You sully me with accusations of pants when my loins are girded only with the stylish and functional utilikilt.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
According to WIC.net, Tyrion and Sansa's wedding is going to take place in Episode 8 of Season 3.

Makes it likely that the Red Wedding will be Episode 9 and Joff's wedding will be the finale. I was really hoping for a RW season finale for maximum anguish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I really hope Joff's wedding isn't until season 4. There needs to be maximum rage and anguish! :(

Thulsa Doom posted:

You sully me with accusations of pants when my loins are girded only with the stylish and functional utilikilt.
But does it allow for a significant enough amount of glisten?