Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
im all for as much orange as possible for any team that has it as a color

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
i agree grittybeard

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Febreeze posted:

So I must have missed this in the offseason but I was recently informed that the Broncos Orange jerseys are now officially the primary home jerseys? Not the Blue ones with orange stripes?

That's retarded. The blue ones are way better. The Oranges are too bright for normal use. They look like they should be directing traffic.

I'm glad that they no longer look like the AFC Bears.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

ShimSham posted:

I'm glad that they no longer look like the AFC Bears.
...and now they're the AFC Bears (alternate jersey)?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Grittybeard posted:

These are the only Denver uniforms as far as I'm concerned:

Maybe I should note that I'm not a fan of the team.

This is a much better shade of orange than the bright monstrosity they currently have

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

No Niners limited jersey's left to order on. God drat it Nike!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Febreeze posted:

So I must have missed this in the offseason but I was recently informed that the Broncos Orange jerseys are now officially the primary home jerseys? Not the Blue ones with orange stripes?

That's retarded. The blue ones are way better. The Oranges are too bright for normal use. They look like they should be directing traffic.

I like the Denver oranges.

I think every team looks better in their whites than their darks.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Racist!

But it's true. Whites are so much better.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Nope. I'd say it's half and half.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
nah, there are some teams that just don't have very good whites. pittsburgh jumps to mind

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

AdamD posted:

im all for as much orange as possible for any team that has it as a color

You and EA Sports both. They like it so much that in the new Madden, they made the Bears wear orange pants (which the team has never actually done, to my knowledge) for both their "2012 Away" and, bizarrely, "2012 Alternate Blue Pants" uniforms. Way to go, EA.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
doing gods work

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Broncos oranges and blues are both poo poo. browns look better in brown.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The team store at the Meadowlands only has elites and games, no limited. Go figure.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Ok, I really don't get this with the new uniforms:

I asked something about this before but it was in a GDT and promptly buried.

Is that just gratuitous stitching or reinforcement or what? It looks loving horrible. Is it on the premium/whatever jerseys that you can buy?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's called their 'Flywire' neck to keep the jersey down and from getting stretched. Yes it looks horrible.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Flywire (TM)! It's on the Elite and Limited but not the Game ($100) jersey, and some teams just don't have it at all.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

The Dave posted:

It's called their 'Flywire' neck to keep the jersey down and from getting stretched. Yes it looks horrible.

It's also supposed to make it marginally harder to hold defensive linemen, since it's harder to get a hand inside the collar, and the jersey lays flatter so it's harder to get a handful of cloth.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

defiantgiant posted:

It's also supposed to make it marginally harder to hold defensive linemen, since it's harder to get a hand inside the collar, and the jersey lays flatter so it's harder to get a handful of cloth.

hasn't stopped lineman from getting held, replacement refs have balanced that out :v:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Well yeah, especially since they can hold by facemasks and headlocks and hardly ever get called for it.

ElwoodCuse posted:

and some teams just don't have it at all.

This is the weirdest part, and kinda why I was confused about it - the Packers (thankfully) don't have it, so I was wondering if it was some kind of design option or some crap that a lot of teams "liked" for some inexplicable reason.

I honestly didn't know it had any functional purpose :shobon:

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 18, 2012

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

ElwoodCuse posted:

and some teams just don't have it at all.

Also, the Cowboys have it, but only on their white jerseys so it doesn't really show up except in certain lighting.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

The Dave posted:

uni-watch.com calls it the "nikelace" since flywire is some horseshit marketing term.

Teams had a choice of selecting various parts of the new uniform to implement or not (nikelace, pant mesh, that dumb contrast collar) and some (packers and raiders) said "gently caress all that noise"

Everyone in this thread should read uni-watch, they have an extremely detailed breakdown of every team's new uniforms and is also a pretty cool site in its own regard.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

So I just found a slick Black LaMichael James Ducks jersey in Goodwill for 4 bucks. Anybody else ever find stuff in thrift stores? I check the two near me regularly, and I finally struck something worth buying. I saw a Roethlisberger one once, and a Jags garrard jersey, neither were worth the purchase.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Febreeze posted:

So I just found a slick Black LaMichael James Ducks jersey in Goodwill for 4 bucks. Anybody else ever find stuff in thrift stores? I check the two near me regularly, and I finally struck something worth buying. I saw a Roethlisberger one once, and a Jags garrard jersey, neither were worth the purchase.

I found a Sonics starter jacket that's sitting in my closet, waiting for its day in the sun

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Declan MacManus posted:

I found a Sonics starter jacket that's sitting in my closet, waiting for its day in the sun

Well the new arena deal seems to be heading forward so maybe in like 5 years youll be able to come to Seattle and watch the Sacramento Kings Seattle Stolen Sonics play a game of basketball and be a big hipster so youll fit right in!!! (peep that run on)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I picked up a Reggie Wayne and BJ Raji from whatjersey and it send me a confirmation email without asking for an address or credit card info. Is this normal? Also can I pay just one shipping cost for both?

edit: I've never seen the flywire look that bad on the Colts uniforms, jesus christ

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Febreeze posted:

The store Ross out here in San Diego, ALWAYS has browns shirts and jerseys. It's the weirdest drat thing. Tons of charger hats, shirts, acessories etc, then Browns Jerseys and polos. I did see A DeMarcus Ware jersey in kids xl, I almost got it for my girlfriend but she wants an emmitt smith jersey, because he won dancing with the stars :negative:

Also holy poo poo your new AV rules so hard.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

squarerandom posted:

The store Ross out here in San Diego, ALWAYS has browns shirts and jerseys. It's the weirdest drat thing. Tons of charger hats, shirts, acessories etc, then Browns Jerseys and polos. I did see A DeMarcus Ware jersey in kids xl, I almost got it for my girlfriend but she wants an emmitt smith jersey, because he won dancing with the stars :negative:

How much are these jerseys and who are they of? I would legitimately want a Browns jersey and I'll be visiting SoCal soon.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

squarerandom posted:

I read the words Ross and San Diego and for a second thought you were buying bootleg jerseys off of SA2k

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

How much are these jerseys and who are they of? I would legitimately want a Browns jersey and I'll be visiting SoCal soon.

It's always beach weather :sun:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Chichevache posted:

The shirts and jerseys were around 12$ since they were the screen printed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

squarerandom posted:

The shirts and jerseys were around 12$ since they were the screen printed.

drat. Not the real thing then?

SteelAngel2000 posted:

It's always beach weather :sun:

Ive been surfing in L.A. before. Wetsuits are required.

Mad Mafioso
Jan 13, 2009
Hey guys, why don't the Panthers have black pants?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Watching this video
http://www.nfl.com/videos/team-colors/0ap2000000065679/Evolution-of-the-Steelers-colors
Why the gently caress didn't the Steelers not make their alts the first one, that city crest uniform looks way better than the "bumblebee" one.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

So would it be weird to buy game issued team pants? like these? I have no where obviously to wear them (maybe work??) but it's not that weird right?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

squarerandom posted:

So would it be weird to buy game issued team pants? like these? I have no where obviously to wear them (maybe work??) but it's not that weird right?

I don't think it would be weird if you had a frame for them and a jersey as like a bar feature or something.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

BlindSite posted:

I don't think it would be weird if you had a frame for them and a jersey as like a bar feature or something.

This is the only acceptable thing I can come up with for buying a pair of football pants. So yeah, if you're doing this then fine, go for it.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Viper_3000 posted:

This is the only acceptable thing I can come up with for buying a pair of football pants. So yeah, if you're doing this then fine, go for it.

Yeah thats my intention. At my store we have a rolled up floor mat that's a football field with all the team logos, so I plan on trying to take that. I try and get as much football inflates/posters/standees from the vendors as possible, so hopefully when I get my new apartment, we'll have a gnarly living sports room.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Got one of the game Jerseys, feels really nice compared to the old reebok replicas I've got in my collection. Feels like a much better make. It's got a weird cut if you wear it though so it feels kind of odd around the shoulders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrumbleGrumble
Jul 11, 2004

Wow these Nebraska / Wisconsin uniforms are pretty terrible. At least when Nike does bad uniforms they look like uniforms people playing some intergalactic sport in the future would wear. These Addidas ones are pretty uninspired.

"The N represents Nebraska, because it's where they're from! And the red represents good uniform design, which was brutally murdered here tonight."

• Locked thread