Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

Am I the only one who has been having issues viewing images on the forums? Last night I couldn't see anyone's avatars and now I can't see Kiimo's posters. Can someone rehost them on imgur?

EDIT: As soon as the page reloaded after posting this I can now see them. Weird.

Your ISP is pulling a Gaslight on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I should probably start giving shout-outs to the vendors responsible since some people on here are into that.

These were made by Canyon Design on Wilshire and Highland. I mention the location since that's super important to almost nobody in the world but LA goons hoping to work in this specific industry.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Its like if someone thought Old School didn't go far enough with the "fraternity where anyone can pledge!"

OR if the Old School writers kicked out guy who kept suggesting a baby as a pledge, so he said gently caress you and spent nearly 10 years writing a script and getting funding for his dream project.
I was reading Patton Oswalt's book and he had this section where he would always write these small stupid/crappy/batshit insane screenplays before he got ready to write for Comedy Central. This concept sounds exactly one of those screenplays.

Bagelsport
Nov 14, 2005

I picked up a doctor - he's good with a knife
Says anaesthetic's a waste
of his time

Dangerous Person posted:

Man, those small people sure want to get away from Ben Affleck's giant head.

Run for your lives, tiny people! :ohdear:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Luckluster posted:

:laffo:
Oh my God.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Terry Gilliam would be proud.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That's incredible.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

kiimo posted:

Here are our one-sheets for Argo.

It reminds me of the Syriana poster, only the blindfold has slipped down.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Luckluster posted:

:lol: That's going to my boss in the morning.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Sep 19, 2012

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
Also is it just me or does Ben Affleck with a beard look just like Sam Rockwell?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I can't remember if there was a stir about this poster but for 1972 this was drat edgy. That was a great time for movies that pushed the limits, and the ads went right along with it.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Mondo's Dredd poster is pretty great.

Shame about the 3D though :mad:

Rogue1-and-a-half
Mar 7, 2011

Dick Trauma posted:

I can't remember if there was a stir about this poster but for 1972 this was drat edgy. That was a great time for movies that pushed the limits, and the ads went right along with it.

The poster isn't much visually, but that is a frigging great tagline.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I feel like there's something missing from this poster.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Mister Chief posted:

I'm pretty sure the only way this movie's publicity direction is going to work is if Sonic's role in the plot is the same as in Smash Bros Brawl, with him turning up out of nowhere and doing the single most important thing any person in the story can possibly do.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
Commander Shepard, Sonic, AND Zangeif all in one place? Oh my God, Fanfiction.net is spreading, we have to amputate.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Magic Love Hose posted:

Commander Shepard, Sonic, AND Zangeif all in one place? Oh my God, Fanfiction.net is spreading, we have to amputate.

I'll save you the trouble but that's not Commander Shepard. That's the made-for-movie FPS character that Jane Lynch voices.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

Young Freud posted:

I'll save you the trouble but that's not Commander Shepard. That's the made-for-movie FPS character that Jane Lynch voices.

Oh, I know it's ostensibly an original character, but coulda fooled me, Disney:

(Okay, so she only looks exactly like my Commander Shepard. But face aside, that armor design is one red stripe down the arm away from a lawsuit.)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It's bootleg Anya from Gears of War.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Goddamn it, I take it back. Now I can't see anything but either one of those characters. It's like some combination. They even threw in that ridiculous neck lighting from Gears Of War.

I still contend that that a FPS game called "Hero's Duty" needs to be more modern and browner.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Magic Love Hose posted:

Oh, I know it's ostensibly an original character, but coulda fooled me, Disney:

(Okay, so she only looks exactly like my Commander Shepard. But face aside, that armor design is one red stripe down the arm away from a lawsuit.)

I for one would kill for Mass Effect patches containing the option of FemShep voice work by Jane Lynch. For balance, add a similar option for male Shep, but with Terry Crews. Or Brian Blessed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

It is kind of weird that the poster is showing two "real" characters then one fake one made up for the movie.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

BreakAtmo posted:

Or Brian Blessed.

I would never leave my house again. :allears:

Is it just me, or are the actual posters for Wreck-It Ralph a real letdown after the great teasers? I saw the Dreamworks face and my heart sank completely.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

muscles like this? posted:

It is kind of weird that the poster is showing two "real" characters then one fake one made up for the movie.

They're all like that except for one.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, I also hear that this "Wreck-It Ralph" game isn't even a real arcade game, I mean what's up with that? Movie ruined.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

So Michael Bay is making a non-action movie about a pair of criminal body builders, and the poster is... actually not bad.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
That's a good poster.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Robert Denby posted:

So Michael Bay is making a non-action movie about a pair of criminal body builders, and the poster is... actually not bad.

If the movie doesn't end in the North Hollywood bank shootout I'mma be so mad.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's the fim the Rock was destined to make. His whole life makes sense now.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Rock and Wahlberg both Hulked out quite a bit for this movie.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

HGH will work wonders.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

MrBling posted:

Rock and Wahlberg both Hulked out quite a bit for this movie.

The Rock was always a big bloke but jeet christ he bulked up for Fast Five... I felt kinda sorry for Vin Diesel :o:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The Rock was always a big bloke but jeet christ he bulked up for Fast Five... I felt kinda sorry for Vin Diesel :o:

Rock already dropped all of that extra mass. I have no idea how he did it so quickly, except yeah, HGH probably.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Codependent Poster posted:

Rock already dropped all of that extra mass. I have no idea how he did it so quickly, except yeah, HGH probably.

Wouldn't he be roughly the same size for Fast 6 or are they already done shooting that?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

MrBling posted:

Wouldn't he be roughly the same size for Fast 6 or are they already done shooting that?
Nope, they're still filming it right now.

And yeah, The Rocks arms were the size of hams in Fast Five.

Rogue1-and-a-half
Mar 7, 2011
That is actually kind of an interesting poster. In the land of the half-assed, the kind of interesting is king, so good job.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I highly doubt either one of those guys are doing HGH*, they're actors and they wouldn't risk HGH loving up their craniums.

Examples:

http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=HGH

*these guys are both naturally beefy guys and can easily beef up with plain hard work but that said I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of anabolic supplement going on. Just not HGH.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Not a remarkable poster as such, but it was somewhat mindblowing to discover that Hitchcock is played by Anthony Hopkins.

Another picture of him:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I can sort of see it in the eyes, but whoa, that's cool. Hope it looks good when he's moving around and talking as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Yeah, this is just right. Has a nice feel, too.
If he can do the voice it'll be alright, but otherwise that looks nothing like Hitchcock. Not that that really matters, but they haven't tried to sell the film based on anything else yet.