Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bhester posted:

I don't know who Big Daddy is, nor do I give a poo poo about him, so a lot of audio this week has been insufferable.

Whoever submitted the campaign slogan threatening more Big Daddy audio if Bryan didn't win should have won the $10

SAY WHAT?! Educate yourself, son. :colbert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sDBd6-SGo4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Just so we're clear.. Bryan not only unironically wants this guy in the hall of fame, but also has dedicated a significant chunk of time on 3 shows to him?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bhester posted:

Just so we're clear.. Bryan not only unironically wants this guy in the hall of fame, but also has dedicated a significant chunk of time on 3 shows to him?
He admits Big Daddy was a horrendous worker.

But he's pretty famous outside of wrestling.

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Bhester posted:

It's hard to understand if you aren't British, but people adored Big Daddy. He's referenced often on TV, his catchphrases are still used today and he's well known by people who weren't even alive when he was in his prime. He's a huge part of British culture.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks are pretty much the 2 British wrestlers EVERYONE in the country knows whether they follow wrestling or not. Yeah he sucks as a wrestler but when it comes to pure fame he's unmatched in the UK.

I would also like to submit that I would get way more excited for Gut Check if it was just billed as Doug Williams beating the gently caress out of people.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 22, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
As has been mentioned by Regal and others, Big Daddy was literally so popular that he self sustained a territory basically single-handedly, got people over simply by tagging with them, and was so popular that the loving Queen of England made no bones about being a wrestling fan.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

As has been mentioned by Regal and others, Big Daddy was literally so popular that he self sustained a territory basically single-handedly, got people over simply by tagging with them, and was so popular that the loving Queen of England made no bones about being a wrestling fan.

And Dave's point is the territory wasn't very successful, was on the decline when Big Daddy was on top and was quickly destroyed by the WWE. The dude became super famous, but by the criteria of the WO Hall of Fame he doesn't fit.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRayPer posted:

And Dave's point is the territory wasn't very successful, was on the decline when Big Daddy was on top and was quickly destroyed by the WWE. The dude became super famous, but by the criteria of the WO Hall of Fame he doesn't fit.
But Chris Benoit is in the WO Hall of Fame! :argh:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris

Ben

wah?! Sorry, I can't say I'm familiar with that name. You must mean Nowinski, or Jericho.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

But Chris Benoit is in the WO Hall of Fame! :argh:

In a roundabout way, the "LIVE! DREAM! SCREAM! MORRISON!" promo is his fault, so he deserves to be in on that merit alone.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

But he's pretty famous outside of wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM8najVYN9U&t=169s

This Rock interview (which is good because, y'know rock's a star) in England they bring up him directly and show Rock some footage.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love the Dave and Mike shows, if only because everytime Mike signs off I can check the player and see time and time again there's plenty of time left on the show.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The show is my only connection to MMA now (the last fight I saw was the Fox premiere) and it sounds like Dana White has basically become the Mr. McMahon character.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rick posted:

The show is my only connection to MMA now (the last fight I saw was the Fox premiere) and it sounds like Dana White has basically become the Mr. McMahon character.

He talked his product up and up and the product grew and grew and he keeps talking it up and talking poo poo but the product is objectively down and he gets pissy when people say that.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I just listened to the Bryan & Vinny review of Souled Out. Well, I say that, I actually had to stop because I lost my poo poo at "Here's my rear end! For your cock!" and "No that was too complex, ace".

I'll have to listen to the rest later but my God it's amazing

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Are there any good Big Daddy matches? I've seen 2-3 but they weren't that good.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I just listened to the Bryan & Vinny review of Souled Out. Well, I say that, I actually had to stop because I lost my poo poo at "Here's my rear end! For your cock!" and "No that was too complex, ace".

I'll have to listen to the rest later but my God it's amazing

What's the date on this one?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

RandolphCarter posted:

Are there any good Big Daddy matches? I've seen 2-3 but they weren't that good.

No, not really. Big Daddy could barely move, so getting a good match out of him was pretty much impossible, unless it was a tag match where his partner and the other team could work around him while he waited for the hot tag.

Beasley
Sep 20, 2008

You better get ready to die.
Here is a trailer for our upcoming big podcast bash. There are also some best-of clips on this youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4hmBbEuYwA

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Bhester posted:

Part 1: http://www.f4wonline.com/component/...-out-songs-more
Part 2: http://www.f4wonline.com/component/...iew-part-2-more

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Bhester posted:

Oh sorry man, I thought it had been linked in this thread but it was actually the WCW thread. Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va_mo78eEZ8

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Some top class bubble goodness on the new Observer, Dave tries to explain football stuff to Bryan.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Pretty good MLW podcast this week - Court buries Dave Lagana for being a creepy rear end in a top hat and praises Mean Gene Okerlund for being awesome, and Konnan talks about how his stint in the Navy snapped him out of being a Republican, and how Silver King and some of the other luchadors are chubby chasers.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Pretty good MLW podcast this week - Court buries Dave Lagana for being a creepy rear end in a top hat and praises Mean Gene Okerlund for being awesome, and Konnan talks about how his stint in the Navy snapped him out of being a Republican, and how Silver King and some of the other luchadors are chubby chasers.

Here's a link to the non-itunes download page for it:http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/rss I haven't listened to it yet but it sounds like it will be good.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Konnan is a truther. This makes me a little sad.

Man-Thing
Apr 29, 2011

Whatever knows fear
BURNS at the touch
New Shootcast is up. We talk camera work, Zoidberg impressions and whether or not J.R. is a racist.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Skinty McEdger posted:

So is Helms. At least I can tolerate K-Dogg though.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

At least he isn't a Tongan Death Grip denialist.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

At least he isn't a Tongan Death Grip denialist.
That move was never over and you'll never convince me otherwise.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

quote:

@davemeltzerWON Batista and Frank Shamrock scheduled as guests tomorrow on Observer radio at http://www.wrestlingobserver.com
No word on Rashid Evans.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Skinty McEdger posted:

He wasn't saying 9/11 was definitely an inside job, he was just saying that he understands why people would think it was, since the government has done shady stuff to start wars in the past. At least, that's my interpretation. Wrestling is full of conspiracy nuts, so maybe he is one of those Loose Change guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

He wasn't saying 9/11 was definitely an inside job, he was just saying that he understands why people would think it was, since the government has done shady stuff to start wars in the past. At least, that's my interpretation. Wrestling is full of conspiracy nuts, so maybe he is one of those Loose Change guys.

Dear thread: No one argue with this post, everyone just accept it so I can go on enjoying Konnan.

-Your Friend, The Guy Who Posts Too Much About Pro Wrestling.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I don't care what his beliefs are, he's great. I just know Bryan would have let that bit about Elijah Burke go, but Konnan pressed him on it.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Arbite posted:

I don't care what his beliefs are, he's great. I just know Bryan would have let that bit about Elijah Burke go, but Konnan pressed him on it.

The nice thing about Konnan working for AAA is that he's free enough from wrestling politics to speak freely, and to not let his guests or co-hosts sidestep anything. Bryan probably wouldn't have pressed Court about Dave Lagana either, and Konnan's snipe at Terry Taylor was awesome and well-deserved.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Which TNA wrestler will Lagana blow?

My money's on Gunner.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

If you like listening to 2 week old podcasts that were never posted, microphone clicks, loud laughing and having to raise the volume every time one person speaks, you will like this 2 week old thing.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Bhester posted:

Which TNA wrestler will Lagana blow?

My money's on Gunner.

Good guess. I'm going with his partner, Kid Kash. Why else would he be there?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Skinty McEdger posted:

He's still more reasonable than Lance Storm.

And all that Lagana stuff makes him sound like a real gently caress up, considering all he's said. That's assuming everything Court said is true, which it may not be.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Court Bauer strikes me as very bitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Is there anyone happy about their time on Stephanie's Creative Team?

Alvarez's story about his vacation was pretty good. FREE TODAY~!

• Locked thread