Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

This makes me wish that all films were forced to use their title in the film's dialogue, like "I'm just sick and tired of all these Star Wars." I can just see Christian Bale grunting out "The Dark Knight... Rises." as he's climbing out of the pit. Or, for that matter, Michael Caine having to say "So... Batman Begins!" when Wayne puts on the costume for the first time.

e: "Marion, cover your eyes. Don't look... at those Raiders of the Lost Ark!"

I like this idea. A lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Christ almighty, it's the god damned Watchmen?!?

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Codependent Poster posted:

I like this idea. A lot.

"I'm sick and tired of all these Star Wars."

Non-ripoff option:

"Boy, we sure do sound like 12 Angry Men."

"When was the last time you've seen the sun?"
"You're right....this is one Dark City."

"This'll be our little Moonrise Kingdom."

"I can't believe it...we're stuck in Rush Hour 2!"

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Hewlett posted:

"I can't believe it...we're stuck in Rush Hour 2!"
*Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker are anxiously speeding as fast as they can along the 101. Except that they are stuck in traffic*
*Chan is on the phone, talking to associates who took another route*
Chan: They are stuck in Rush Hour, too.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

"Don't mind us, we're just Boyz N the Hood."

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

feedmyleg posted:

This makes me wish that all films were forced to use their title in the film's dialogue, like "I'm just sick and tired of all these Star Wars." I can just see Christian Bale grunting out "The Dark Knight... Rises." as he's climbing out of the pit. Or, for that matter, Michael Caine having to say "So... Batman Begins!" when Wayne puts on the costume for the first time.

e: "Marion, cover your eyes. Don't look... at those Raiders of the Lost Ark!"

Please tell me you've seen this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5IVLi8DqHU

Edit: This one is even better, with fewer proper nouns and more awkward shoehorning

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 25, 2012

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

That's a fun video and all, but the :spergin: part of me things some/most of those shouldn't count, since they're just movies named after a character or a proper noun for something in the movie (Annie Hall, Donnie Brasco, The Ladies' Man, etc.).

Basically, I wish it was four minutes of the "As Good as it Gets" sort of title-drop, since that takes more awkward effort.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Hewlett posted:

That's a fun video and all, but the :spergin: part of me things some/most of those shouldn't count, since they're just movies named after a character or a proper noun for something in the movie (Annie Hall, Donnie Brasco, The Ladies' Man, etc.).

Basically, I wish it was four minutes of the "As Good as it Gets" sort of title-drop, since that takes more awkward effort.

Also it doesn't include the best example:

"I must have scared..."
*SMASH ZOOM*
"THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS out of her!!"

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

HoldYourFire posted:

Also it doesn't include the best example:

"I must have scared..."
*SMASH ZOOM*
"THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS out of her!!"

"Your LICENCE TO KILL is revoked!"

"What a lovely view..."
"A view....TO A KILL..."

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Codependent Poster posted:

I like this idea. A lot.

"Check out Sergeant Angel's arse... he sure is one Hot Fuzz."

"Is that all he said, because I feel like there's a lot being Lost in Translation."

"I'm Johnny Knoxville, welcome to Jackass. The movie starts now!"

"Sir, let me take this moment to compliment you on your fashion sense, particularly your slippers. It takes a Real Genius to pull that sort of thing off."

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Hewlett posted:

"The only way to save the world is for me to become Superman 4:The quest for peace."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA8OOJjjvjU

I realized that I was watching a cam of a youtube clip. But I can't find the original clip. The only thing I can find is the same scene but with MLP stuff dubbed in :psyduck:

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7_XwKeilmY non-cam non-MLP

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

"Well, my friends, the time has come to return to Starfleet to face punishment for our disobeying orders, but we need to travel through space in order to do so. We must now go on a Star Trek for the voyage home."

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
"Look out, it's Judge Dredd. 3D"

Basically gently caress movie titles with '3D' in them.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Hewlett posted:

"Well, my friends, the time has come to return to Starfleet to face punishment for our disobeying orders, but we need to travel through space in order to do so. We must now go on a Star Trek for the voyage home."

I hear this Kahn guy is pretty wrathful and far away...

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

"Alfred, the way things are going, with new villains coming out of the woodwork every day now, I fear I may have to be Batman....FOREVER."

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

The MSJ posted:

Didn't he work on the effects for Galaxy of Terror? I want to see a DVD cover that says "visual effects from the man who brought you Avatar".

I think he was the puppeteer for the slug rape scene. Or at least directed it, so they could always plaster that on the cover.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Alhazred posted:

I guess that Clive Barker learned how to write contracts after Rawhead Rex.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
"Oh man first we get airdropped into France and now we have to wait for those guys from the beaches to arrive. This truly is The Longest Day."

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

"I'm being chased by an evil curse and tormented for my rudeness toward an old gypsy. I really hope it doesn't Drag Me to Hell."

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
I picture all these with the actors suddenly looking straight at the camera and saying the title really loudly and clearly.

"Oh God I can't believe it's Halloween, for the return of Michael Myers is at hand."

Aorist
Apr 25, 2006

Denham's does it!
I'm picturing all of these being delivered with a slow turn of the head to stare intently into the camera.

Edit: Oh, for gently caress's sake

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I Know Who Killed ME managed to get it's title into the movie.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
"Just what is up with all The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
"Welcome To Jurassic Park" Hah wait I can do better, "Let's Get the hell out of Jurassic Park III"

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Slate Action posted:

It's still better than "DR3DD" and you know it.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

"My club-centric dancing hasn't really been getting the results I've been hoping for. Looks like it's time to Step It Up 2 The Streets."

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

"I'm sick of running around the jungle in an insane, video game-inspired fever dream. Why won't those jerks let me back on The Beach?"

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

"I think I've uncovered a ring of corrupt cops in 1940s Los Angeles, but I can't reveal anything right now. Let's just keep things in L.A.....Confidential."

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Jedit posted:

It's still better than "DR3DD" and you know it.

Sounds like a movie about a doctor who gives breast implants.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
I swear to god James Earl Jones says it's a Clear and Present Danger in Clear and Present Danger. I might be wrong though.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

"Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

e: how do I not own Independence Day?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Christ almighty, it's the god damned Watchmen?!?

"Watchmen are over!" is already in the movie. And it's super dumb and my least favorite part of the whole thing.

Slate Action posted:

The title that appears on screen is only "Dredd." That is the title. The 3D thing is just a marketing thing, and Dredd is not the first film to use it, and I don't see why people are singling it out lately for it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Physical posted:

"The only way to save the world is for me to become Superman 4:The quest for peace."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA8OOJjjvjU

I realized that I was watching a cam of a youtube clip. But I can't find the original clip. The only thing I can find is the same scene but with MLP stuff dubbed in :psyduck:

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7_XwKeilmY non-cam non-MLP

Peter's "Ah! He said it!" when they callback the joke later in the episode pops into my head every time something uses its own title.

Physical posted:

*Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker are anxiously speeding as fast as they can along the 101. Except that they are stuck in traffic*
*Chan is on the phone, talking to associates who took another route*
Chan: They are stuck in Rush Hour, too.

Well, there's always this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45_FTF4MBo&t=196s

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
"Doing all this zombie research down here sure is exhausting, I don't think I could take another Day of the Dead."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jefferoo posted:

I swear to god James Earl Jones says it's a Clear and Present Danger in Clear and Present Danger. I might be wrong though.

He does, but as the entire plot of the movie is that the drug lords are deemed to be a clear and present danger to US national security I think you can give them a pass. It's like complaining that Sarah Connor says "Judgement Day" in Terminator 2.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring

Who now has the strength to stand against the armies of Isengard and Mordor? To stand against the might of Sauron and Saruman and the union of The Two Towers?

Authority is not given to you to deny the Return of the King!

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

The Running Man has been brought to you by: Breakaway Paramilitary Uniforms, Ortopure Procreation Pill, and Cadre Cola; it hits the spot!

No one can tell you what The Matrix is.

We are the Men in Black.

Ah tell you what, this ain't No Country for Old Men.

drat dragons! I'm sick of them and their Reign of Fire!

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
"You're all... astronauts... on some kind of Star Trek."

First movie poster on this page!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Magic Love Hose posted:

They also use the phrase "First Contact" when talking about what the Borg were doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Magic Love Hose posted:

This is no longer a joke. The next film is called Star Trek Into Darkness. Yes, that's a verb. I half expect it to show up in dialogue.