Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Grittybeard posted:

I'll probably regret asking, but what is 'Fexans?' Just loving Texans?

"Tuck the Fexans" is a thing on there, it looks like. Not sure how Fexans works on its own but okay.

Makes me want to start a thread about the "best" Rivals style nicknames everybody has come across.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jests.
Patsies.
...Bills? Ive never heard of one for the Bills.

But goddamn do I get annoyed every time I read a 45 year old man write "Belicheat" on the internet.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Jests.
Patsies.

But goddamn do I get annoyed every time I read a 45 year old man write "Belicheat" on the internet.

Jills, because you see, that is the name of their cheerleading squad.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Cheatriots is my favorite of all time. (edit I like Stealers too). College is where the real rivals puns are at though.

KettleWL posted:

Think of it this way: Injuries and bad LB/Safety play means that no one is poaching Zimmer for a HC job this season. So there's at least that going for us.

I read he is horrible at interviewing (and too honest). Apparently when he interviewed for the Dolphins job he pretty much told Jeff Ireland and Stephen Ross they ran the team like poo poo and x, y, and z all had to change if they ever planned on not sucking rear end. He wasn't called back haha

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 27, 2012

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Didn't somebody seriously come in here and use "She-girls" for Philly last season?

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Arschlochkind posted:

Didn't somebody seriously come in here and use "She-girls" for Philly last season?

Perhaps "E-Gals?"

That was the name of the girls' teams at a small, combined junior high/high school school in Prescott, Iowa circa 1990. It may still be the name for all I know.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Arschlochkind posted:

I dont remember it but god drat.. The rivalest of rivals puns.

:allears:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Wouldn't it make more sense as She-gles/she-gulls?

I dunno, I'm probably thinking too hard about it

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Arschlochkind posted:

I remember this and I think it was in a GDT but I have no idea which one.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Rival puns own, take the sticks out of your asses. I still don't understand what rivals means in this context though.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Calling the Chiefs the Chefs always got me. Is "Chef" an insult? Chefs are pretty cool, right? I mean, they cook and stuff. That's pretty neat.

Ticonderoguy
Feb 10, 2011

Arschlochkind posted:

"Houston Oilers" requires quotation marks, I guess.

I knew that would be a bad post when I checked MCM today, but I didn't think it woud be that fantastically bad.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Declan MacManus posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense as She-gles/she-gulls?

I dunno, I'm probably thinking too hard about it

E-gals.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Parmesan Basil posted:

Calling the Chiefs the Chefs always got me. Is "Chef" an insult? Chefs are pretty cool, right? I mean, they cook and stuff. That's pretty neat.

Pretty sure that came from this commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmgice3ieZ4

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Ticonderoguy posted:

I knew that would be a bad post when I checked MCM today, but I didn't think it woud be that fantastically bad.

Honestly the Billy Madison style "WE'RE GONNA COME INTO YOUR HOUSE AND WIN... MAYBE. WELL MAYBE NOT BUT STILL IT'LL PROBABLY BE PRETTY CLOSE, OKAY? BUT YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE IF THEY DID, RIGHT?" part was the best. You gotta commit, like the WHAGON BLASTER guy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sash! posted:

E-gals.

The Smeagols.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Smeagols.

Chris Kluwe account spotted

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Rival puns own, take the sticks out of your asses. I still don't understand what rivals means in this context though.

I think it's from Rivals.com. I'm not really sure why, as I've never visited. Do they just have stupid gimmicks or something?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Arschlochkind posted:

"Houston Oilers" requires quotation marks, I guess.

I'm going to start insulting teams I don't like by putting their names in quotation marks.

Can't wait to go to Lincoln Financial Field and watch my Eagles take on the "New York Football Giants" on Sunday night!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I can't find the exact post, but there was some idiot posting on the boards at imdb.com on the movie "Friday Night Lights" a long, long time a go about how he refused to have his kids play football because he claimed it was just a training method for war, and went into this diatribe about how terrible it was.

...the irony is, he was being all :smug: about his kids were star athletes in track and field, which it's ENTIRE SPORTING FIELD IS BASED OFF OF ANCIENT WAR TRAINING.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Febreeze posted:

I think it's from Rivals.com. I'm not really sure why, as I've never visited. Do they just have stupid gimmicks or something?

Trip Report!

I've never been to Rivals either but I know it's full of terrible people, the kind of people who, when you were a kid, would take your name (Jay Stockton) and change it to try and insult you (Gay Suckton) in some sort of dumb, passive attempt at bullying. I went to their college football board, clicked a random page on a random thread and grazed till I saw a Rivals pun. Halfway down I got "Nick Suckage and Bama hole". It was pretty much as bad as advertised and I'm never going back.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Jests.
Patsies.

Boy
I
Love
Losing
Superbowls

That's a real knee-slapper!

The most annoying insult is the children in Africa growing up Bills fans. I immediately ask whoever says it what their take on airline peanuts is.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Ribsauce posted:

Cheatriots is my favorite of all time. (edit I like Stealers too). College is where the real rivals puns are at though.

I read he is horrible at interviewing (and too honest). Apparently when he interviewed for the Dolphins job he pretty much told Jeff Ireland and Stephen Ross they ran the team like poo poo and x, y, and z all had to change if they ever planned on not sucking rear end. He wasn't called back haha

My favorites are Tom Gaydy and Bill Smelladick.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

pasaluki posted:

Boy
I
Love
Losing
Superbowls

The most annoying insult is the children in Africa growing up Bills fans. I immediately ask whoever says it what their take on airline peanuts is.

Honestly, these are both Hemingway compared to "Cowgirls."

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Clowns.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
This buddy of mine that's a Falcons fan refuses to call the Bucs anything but the "Tampon Bay Fuckin-Queers" over and over and over and over and over and

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

pasaluki posted:

Boy
I
Love
Losing
Superbowls

When I was a lovely rear end in a top hat of a kid, there was another kid in my first grade class who had a Bills Starter jacket with, I poo poo you not, "FOUR TIME AFC CHAMPIONS" on the sleeve

There was another kid who liked the Cowboys who used to make fun of him by saying "Wide right" all the time

Memories :3:

The Incredible Ed
Nov 12, 2006

The way of a sluggard is like a hedge of thorns, but the path of the upright is a level highway.
TFF needs to band together and make starter jackets a thing again. 4th grade was rad.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I have an awesome brand new Dolphins starter jacket Im never ever going to wear. Ive considered selling the thing. I like to picture some guy in an early 90s Miata wearing Zubaz pants would show up and pay cash

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

The Incredible Ed posted:

TFF needs to band together and make starter jackets a thing again. 4th grade was rad.

My parents used to work for Champion who used to do 90s College and NFL apparel. And they would tell me stories about how a strict Catholic high school was accidentally sent South Carolina Gamecocks Jerseys, and how Lou Holtz called my mother because the Notre Dame jerseys were the wrong color.

The worst was the machine that put the logos on the clothing was for some reason set up by color of the team, well somehow the Atlanta alternate was set as just "Black" so this was around the time the Raiders were the bad boys of the NFL and demand for Raiders stuff was high so the machine printed just a poo poo ton of Falcons memorabilia that wouldn't sell and for awhile there wasn't a goddamn scrap of fabric with the Raiders logo in the whole store!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I have an awesome brand new Dolphins starter jacket Im never ever going to wear. Ive considered selling the thing. I like to picture some guy in an early 90s Miata wearing Zubaz pants would show up and pay cash

Would he have a spiked mullet and some mirrored Oakley blades too?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I actually gave out an audible laugh when I read "Tim Turdbowl"

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MindlessHavok posted:

This buddy of mine that's a Falcons fan refuses to call the Bucs anything but the "Tampon Bay Fuckin-Queers" over and over and over and over and over and

These are just too good to go to waste. I propose a forums filter for the unregistered that translates the name of any NFL team to the corresponding Rivals pun.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

AKMoose posted:

Honestly, these are both Hemingway compared to "Cowgirls."

Cowgirls is probably the funniest because it's the simplest. If you don't laugh when you hear the Dallas Cowgirls or Bill Belicheat, I dunno. poo poo's funny.

It can't be used constantly, especially in legit forum discourse, but when they're thrown in every once in a while, poo poo's funny.

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Parmesan Basil posted:

Oh, you mean the Queefs?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

MindlessHavok posted:

Stop being friends with this guy now. It's for the best.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Toymachine posted:

Oh, you mean the Queefs?

I feel like such a piece of poo poo but I can't stop laughing like a moron every time a new pun name is introduced in this thread. (I have never read Rivals so they are all new to me.)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

AKMoose posted:

I feel like such a piece of poo poo but I can't stop laughing like a moron every time a new pun name is introduced in this thread. (I have never read Rivals so they are all new to me.)

They're all very childish (Dolphins ones are never any good, typically some sort of tiny fish or Dolfags which sounds like something you hear just before your books get dumped and your Dan Marino trapper keeper gets busted)

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

AKMoose posted:

Although it's outside the NFL, I contend the only good rivals pun is the Chokelahoma lovely Blunder. It's hard to get 1 good pun, let alone 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I got a probation for saying Tony Homo in a GDT. I can't believe anyone thought I would seriously sully his name.

Not like the San Francisco Forty Whiners.

• Locked thread