Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MindlessHavok posted:

This buddy of mine that's a Falcons fan refuses to call the Bucs anything but the "Tampon Bay Fuckin-Queers" over and over and over and over and over and

:rolleyes: typical Falcons fan.

Also, she-hawks always made me giggle a little bit.

What do they call the Falcons anyway? Back home it's usually just "Those piece of poo poo Falcons" etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Breaky posted:

:rolleyes: typical Falcons fan.

Also, she-hawks always made me giggle a little bit.

What do they call the Falcons anyway? Back home it's usually just "Those piece of poo poo Falcons" etc etc.

Idk, Badlanta Failcons?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Let's see the Rams get Lambs and, in the utmost of comedy, TMQ calls them Les Mouflons.

That's all I can think of/have seen.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Jerome Agricola posted:

Idk, Badlanta Failcons?

Atlanta Felons :eng101:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Corzaa posted:

My favorites are Tom Gaydy and Bill Smelladick.

Bill Smelladick is fuckin' great. I've never heard that one before (probably because I only read about football here) So much better than Belicheat.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Falcan'ts

Tip your waitress.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I've heard more than a few racists call them the "FalCoons"

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

I've heard more than a few racists call them the "FalCoons"

Unlike my team, the bastion of white pride that are the.... oh wait*

*Oh wait does not apply if you're a fan of the New England Patriots or the Houston Texans.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

KettleWL posted:

*Oh wait does not apply if you're a fan of the New England Patriots or the Houston Texans.

Hey just because we have a higher than average proportion of white players who are actually good doesn't mean the Texans are super white :colbert:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Dirty Birds

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
Fudge Packers

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

No Safe Word posted:

Hey just because we have a higher than average proportion of white players who are actually good doesn't mean the Texans are super white :colbert:

Caste Football posted:

But despite this dearth of whiteness, last Sunday, when the Ravens had secured their (highly unfortunate) victory against the very-white Houston Texans, a camera panned to the raucous crowd, revealing a white female fan (maybe 18 years old?), clad head-to-toe in Ravens gear, jumping up and down, hugging her friend, and literally weeping tears of joy for her Chocolate Comrades.

Also there used to be a Cowboys fan that trolled the official Texans message board years ago who constantly called them the Tex-Annes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

KettleWL posted:

Packers

I think Dirty Birds is a tremor endearment from fans, isn't it?

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
does calling the dolphins "the fish" count? i mostly enjoy it since dolphin's aren't fish and that always seems to get brought up indignantly when it's used

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

AdamD posted:

does calling the dolphins "the fish" count? i mostly enjoy it since dolphin's aren't fish and that always seems to get brought up indignantly when it's used

I've heard that one used endearingly by Dolphins fans, so it's a toss-up

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, I've always heard "Fish" said about Miami in good and bad ways so it's really not that bad.

You can't really insult Miami any more than we've already been insulted by our coaching staff, our GM, our ownership. The only thing Miami has to be proud of is our cheerleading squad and their awesome ability to lip synch to Call Me Maybe.

I'm not kidding I'm actually happy about that

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Jokeland/Chokeland/Faiders/Gayders

Mix and match as appropriate

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
I did read someone trying to force "New DONGland Gaytriots" but I mean come on

Ticonderoguy
Feb 10, 2011

Arschlochkind posted:

Honestly the Billy Madison style "WE'RE GONNA COME INTO YOUR HOUSE AND WIN... MAYBE. WELL MAYBE NOT BUT STILL IT'LL PROBABLY BE PRETTY CLOSE, OKAY? BUT YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE IF THEY DID, RIGHT?" part was the best. You gotta commit, like the WHAGON BLASTER guy.

Coming from MCM that's no surprise. If you look through the archives, the training camp posts were full of people expecting a 10 win season.

Volnation is not getting the attention it deserves:

Volnation posted:

For the ugay game, why can't Tennessee set the tone early and after Murray throws a pass, run full speed and blast em one good time. Yeah it'll be a 15 yarder but it says hey mother****er, We are here to kill you, that is if Murray gets up. Set the tone and scare the **** out of them. Let's do it for the rest of the season.

The thread title is "Why can't Tennessee do this"

Ticonderoguy fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 27, 2012

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The New Jersey Jints is probably the only memorable Giants one I've heard. I think most people just make fun of the Jets and Giants by saying "New Jersey".

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Jests.
Patsies.
...Bills? Ive never heard of one for the Bills.

But goddamn do I get annoyed every time I read a 45 year old man write "Belicheat" on the internet.

Bills is probably enough on its own over the past 20 years

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Intruder posted:

Bills is probably enough on its own over the past 20 years

I've seen "Buffalo Wide Rights", which is just cruel.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I find that Buffalo fans have accepted their lovely luck with football, and it's far more painful to just post this:

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Bad Poster posted:

Sanchez is definitely still inconsistent but he's also still young, through the same span he's better than many of the supposed top QBs.

Other poster posted:

A few names please?

Bad Poster posted:

Eli for one, Brees another
and he's been a better postseason QB than guys like Rivers, Ryan, Flacco

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

JetsGuy posted:

I find that Buffalo fans have accepted their lovely luck with football, and it's far more painful to just post this:

I still have no idea what this is about other than "Hull scores a goal"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

There was a (bad) rule at the time that a skate in the crease meant no goal, regardless of whether it actually interferes with the goalie. It's since been changed, but theoretically by the rules at the time that goal shouldn't have counted.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

holy poo poo there's more than one random Jets poster who thinks that lol

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Eli was unbelievably awful through his first four years but at some point you can't just point to Eli as the developmental mark for a guy still struggling horribly, and "season four" is pretty much the point.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

JetsGuy posted:

HE'S IN THE CREASE!

(gently caress the stars)

Also: Queens for Vikings.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Grittybeard posted:

There was a (bad) rule at the time that a skate in the crease meant no goal, regardless of whether it actually interferes with the goalie. It's since been changed, but theoretically by the rules at the time that goal shouldn't have counted.

To expand, the Sabres lost the Stanley Cup Finals because of this goal. They were literally robbed of the greatest trophy in sports. :(

( Go :devil: )

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Intruder posted:

There was an NHL rule that any part of the body of a skater being in the opposing goalie's crease was cause to disallow the goal for goalie interference. There was an exception for a skater who had possession of the puck prior to entering the crease, which comes up in a bit.

So, 1999 Stanley Cup Finals, the Stars led the series 3-2 over the Sabres, and the game went into triple OT. That's when Brett Hull scores the goal you see there 14 minutes into the third overtime, except that he's got a foot in the crease in a way that doesn't interfere with the goalie. The non-interference doesn't matter, though, as per the rule at the time. None of the refs spotted it immediately, the celebrations began (since it was the championship-clinching goal), and by the time anyone actually noticed there was a problem, it had basically become too late to take it back.

Ultimately, the NHL came out and said that the goal was valid because Hull had the puck, shot the puck at Hasek, collected the rebound, and scored, which counted as Hull having control of the puck through that entire sequence, meaning that the exception for the player in control of the puck applied and Hull's skate in the crease was allowable. There were examples of very similar plays being disallowed during the season, though, and this rang about as hollow as the NFL's insistence that the refs on MNF made the right call. Shortly afterwards, the crease rule was killed and you had to have actual interference with the goalie to disallow a goal.

In short, what just happened in Seattle? Imagine that instead of being a week 3 regular season game, that happened in the Super Bowl.

(Go Stars! Lockout? No, that just en- oh, wait :( )

thefncrow fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 27, 2012

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

BUG JUG posted:

HE'S IN THE CREASE!

(gently caress the stars)

Also: Queens for Vikings.

For SAS secret santa someone sent me this photo signed by Hull

The next year I got an autograph from Dick Jauron gently caress y'all lol

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Toymachine posted:

Oh, you mean the Queefs?

Yeah. Still not as bad as the Panty Drawer Raiders.

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010

AdamD posted:

"Squish the Fish" was everyone in Buffalo's favorite phrase during the Kelly/Marino years.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Ticonderoguy posted:

Coming from MCM that's no surprise. If you look through the archives, the training camp posts were full of people expecting a 10 win season.

Volnation is not getting the attention it deserves:

The thread title is "Why can't Tennessee do this"

Ah, college puns.

Aubarn/The Barn
Bammers/Barners
UAT (for "University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa")
ThUGA
Floriduh Gaytors

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Febreeze posted:

The New Jersey Jints is probably the only memorable Giants one I've heard. I think most people just make fun of the Jets and Giants by saying "New Jersey".

I remember one of the guys on ESPN (Simmons maybe?) used to call them Jersey A and Jersey B.

Anyone know any good ones for Oregon/Oregon State? The civil war this year should be pretty awesome and "Oregoing to Sucks" isn't going to cut it for me.

Yeah Funyuns
Jul 22, 2009

by Fistgrrl
As a Bengals fan, I must say "Bungles" is getting really old. So what else is there? Chintzynatti Bungholes?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If you want to go super :effort: I've heard Been Gals. Yeah.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

HMS Beagle posted:

I remember one of the guys on ESPN (Simmons maybe?) used to call them Jersey A and Jersey B.

It is the supreme jerkoff Gregggggggggggg Easterbrook. He is consistently the worst football columnist in America

check out this gem from his latest column

quote:

However this shakes out, don't blame the replacements for a situation they did not create. They are people of average means who were trying to better themselves. They need to exit stage left, but deserve a measure of appreciation --say, first claim on future NFL officiating openings.

The refs are so horrible they need to be immediately fired.....but they deserve first shot at new openings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

the Titans' SB Nation blog posted:

The Fexans may act tough but the will fold like a paper towel if you start to bang them around and show them you aren't skurd. Houston knows in the back of their minds that they are still Houston, still cursed, and will be our bitch for at least one game per year because they will not sweep us.

This is one of their main contributors.

• Locked thread