Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

porkfriedrice posted:

Mike Bocchetti has been officially hired by Directv. Guy really knows how to roll with the punches. Good choice on their part.

I love anything they do with Bocchetti, because he gives Artie his wheezing laughs, and because he looks and sounds like a human bowl of pudding. Also because of "Well-Fed McMahon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

haljordan posted:

And now he's straight up telling callers to cancel their subscription if they dare to complain. What a complete rear end in a top hat.
Well that's nothing new. He's been doing that for years.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

I'm in the process of editing all of the clips for the Bubba collection. I should have it done today or tomorrow

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

ch3cooh posted:

I'm in the process of editing all of the clips for the Bubba collection. I should have it done today or tomorrow

I love you in a non homo way.

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003
Its official I guess: http://twitpic.com/az64ew

I cant think of a more uninspired and lazy choice for the Artie chair. Oh well, better than nothing. Shalom bitches :douchechills:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kt88 posted:

I cant think of a more uninspired and lazy choice for the Artie chair. Oh well, better than nothing. Shalom bitches :douchechills:

Someone on SFN said Jay Thomas confirmed that it will be permanent and that Shuli even called Artie to get his well wishes.

I was fairly entertained with the new dynamic, so I'm going to go back to listening to the show on a regular basis.

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001

Kt88 posted:

Shalom bitches :douchechills:

I can't believe that catchphrase didn't sweep the nation.

They don't have anyone else to pick from on the staff, so Shuli gets the chair by default. I don't hate Shuli, but I think giving Fred an Artie soundboard would net better results.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kt88 posted:

What a shame. So many comedians out there, and Howard won't look past his office. :(

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Kt88 posted:

That's a hideous graphic and the dude is way too proud of it.

"I'm an independent graphic designer that creates images for people associated with The Howard Stern Show, and a producer, performer and writer on The Lolo Show."

I take it in this case, independent means nobody pays him, or asks him to make these or acknowledges he made them.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
I dig Shuli. I also like there's someone in there now who can goof on Gary and has some decent road stories.

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

That's a hideous graphic and the dude is way too proud of it.

"I'm an independent graphic designer that creates images for people associated with The Howard Stern Show, and a producer, performer and writer on The Lolo Show."

I take it in this case, independent means nobody pays him, or asks him to make these or acknowledges he made them.

Yeah, wont be long till Howard hires him to redesign howardstern.com and pay him in plugs for whatever the gently caress the 'Lolo Show' is.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kt88 posted:

Yeah, wont be long till Howard hires him to redesign howardstern.com and pay him in plugs for whatever the gently caress the 'Lolo Show' is.

Ivan's a really good guy, and his Photoshop work is very good. Logo design may not be his strength, but I assure you, he's better than that example would indicate.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Artie's lucky he's recovered and not gambling, he's always struck me as a stupid bettor as well as a complete degenerate, on top of his other host of issues. This sounds stupid obvious reading it again, I guess what I'm trying to say is it seems like he's never picked a winner ever and now I can't bet on the 9ers this weekend cause he was ranting about how much of a sure thing it was.

Based on Artie being wrong always, I told my grandmother yesterday to take the Jets with the points. My cousin started yelling at me, "What's wrong with you? Don't you want free money?"

Then we started talking like Fernando Rodney Dangerfield and Andre the Giant.

And then the Jets got shut out today.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I didn't realize that was Ivan at first and prefect is right, he does good work elsewhere. Those are total poo poo but he does great photoshop and gif work and there's about a good chance you've seen his stuff reposted in this thread from SFN and laughed at it.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Alright guys here it is. Over 22 hours of the Best of Bubba on Sirius.

-Ned Negotiations from NYC
-25 gets tased
-Rich Franklin and Jimmy Jamz
-Dball gets sprayed with carb cleaner
-Bubba's prostate check
-Chip shocks Lasker's balls
-Brent gets heat for the Ned/Tyler bit on On The Chip
-Brent raps NWA
-Bubba shoots spice
-Jughead brings Akira to the softball game
-Jughead lets Hammil and Akira go to Spices at 4:30 am
-Brent and Bubba get heat/Bubba wedding pool
-Wedding fallout
-Old Bubba air checks from San Antonio
-Dan Diaco checks Bubba's leg drains
-25 Cent gets the wrong cream
-BRN Spelling bee
-Akira puts Spice on the torture rack and shows the DVD of her blowing Hammil
-Dropping a dime on Hammil
-Big Dick gets heat for the drink machine and being an rear end in a top hat
-Lasker smokes salvia
-25 Cent on the torture rack with a snake
-Fallout from Brent getting KO'ed
-Big Dick is an rear end in a top hat when he screens calls
-Cowhead tells the poop towel story
-Ned's wiki wiki rant
-25 Cent dating game with Tom the Treeman's sister
-80s quiz
-Heather offers to ride Bubba while he eats a BK stacker
-25's car gets repoed
-Bubba and Spice argue about Spice's "date" with Brooke Hogan
-Judge/Jury bubba poll
-Lummox meltdown

For your downloading pleasure: http://www.mediafire.com/?7whp322f16ujhp7

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

ch3cooh posted:

drat, that's a lot of work man. Thanks a ton!

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

drat, that's a lot of work man. Thanks a ton!

It was a labor of love. I forgot how hilarious that stuff was. I loved getting to listen to all of it again. It's also kind of depressing to listen to those shows and then listen to Bubba today.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RIP Howard Stern Show

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

ch3cooh posted:

-25 gets tased
-Bubba's prostate check
-Brent raps NWA
-Bubba shoots spice
-Wedding fallout
-BRN Spelling bee
-Lasker smokes salvia
-Ned's wiki wiki rant
-80s quiz
-25's car gets repoed
-Judge/Jury bubba poll
-Lummox meltdown

Oh man, I'm downloading now and this is going into my commute playlist. You just saved me from everytime the stern show is harrible and I have nothing good to listen to.

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
Shuli is a hack and the way he tells a story really gets on my nerves. He's bitter and resentful cause he didn't make it big in comedy.

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003
...and he came last in the 'Win Johns Job' competition. I'm willing to give him a bit of time, the only positive thing he did last week was bring a few bits of information about staff members to Howards attention. He's yet to make me laugh. I just wish they had a period of trying different people out. I would pay good money to hear Stanhope or Louis CK or someone similar to sit in for a week. The sad part is if Gary would make a friendly phone call and get together a little bit of cash they could make it happen.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Jim Breur did a Q&A on Reddit and said if he was offered the Artie chair he'd do it.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

ch3cooh posted:

:swoon: loving awesome, thanks for putting that together!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

an adult beverage posted:

Jim Breur did a Q&A on Reddit and said if he was offered the Artie chair he'd do it.

He also offered to help move the chair, or any other chairs if anyone needed a little work done.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

Kt88 posted:

For what it's worth, Dr. Ivan was trolling when he made that, trying to start trouble on SFN and Dawgsaloon: http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/41320-Nooooooooooo!?p=2423786&viewfull=1#post2423786

From everything else I've read, it does look like he's got the chair though.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

ch3cooh posted:

Hey man thanks a ton for this! Really miss his show on Sirius. Really appreciated.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

ch3cooh posted:

-25 gets tased
-Bubba's prostate check
-Brent raps NWA
-Bubba shoots spice
-Wedding fallout
-BRN Spelling bee
-Lasker smokes salvia
-Ned's wiki wiki rant
-80s quiz
-25's car gets repoed
-Judge/Jury bubba poll
-Lummox meltdown

This is a Best-Of pack AND a role call of people who are no longer associated with the Bubba the Love Sponge Show.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Drunk John Lieberman is hilarious, I think I like him better than Langford, he's a bit less of a creep.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

mike_348 posted:

Shuli is a hack and the way he tells a story really gets on my nerves. He's bitter and resentful cause he didn't make it big in comedy.

The way he treats the Ronnie's Block Party like it's the biggest touring comedy show in the world is frustratingly bizarre. Maybe it's just me, but the way he gets so angry when there's any sort of confrontation relating to it (e.g. the arguments with Scott or whatever about it) just angers me for the way that Shuli gets so smarmy and holier-than-thou when arguing about it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

The way he treats the Ronnie's Block Party like it's the biggest touring comedy show in the world is frustratingly bizarre. Maybe it's just me, but the way he gets so angry when there's any sort of confrontation relating to it (e.g. the arguments with Scott or whatever about it) just angers me for the way that Shuli gets so smarmy and holier-than-thou when arguing about it.

Shuli loves to think he's a Real Comedian, doing Serious Business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWEjpm1PLJE

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Sand Monster posted:

Yeah I think Shuli would be a lot more bearable if his attitude was "Holy poo poo, I am incredibly lucky to be riding this gravy train so maybe I won't be such a dickhead all the time." The guy has put in work, but he's not all that funny/interesting. I mean, without the Stern name behind it, a 70 year old man on stage yelling about whores wouldn't be much of a draw.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

mike_348 posted:

He's bitter and resentful cause he didn't make it big in comedy.

Artie and Jackie weren't exactly headlining shows in Vegas before they got in that chair, either.

I didn't listen last week, but I'm willing to let Shuli grow on me just for the fact that the last year of shows have mostly been painfully dull without another voice in the room. I mean, I would have preferred ETM take over the chair, but still...

Tim Selaty Jr fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 1, 2012

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

From the business side of things, Shuli make sense. He's familer with the company and the show and he will work for the same amount of money or maybe they bumped him up a pay grade just a bit. Plus he'll play along with management because he needs the job. He's also not degenerate gambler/addict that won't slowly kill himself live on the air.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

From the business side of things, Shuli make sense. He's familer with the company and the show and he will work for the same amount of money or maybe they bumped him up a pay grade just a bit. Plus he'll play along with management because he needs the job. He's also not degenerate gambler/addict that won't slowly kill himself live on the air.

But that's where greatness comes from!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

It's ok, pretty soon Howard's contract will be up and Sal will have daily heart attacks thinking about his future.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

It's ok, pretty soon Howard's contract will be up and Sal will have daily heart attacks thinking about his future.

Did Sal's "stockbroker" career really involve him working in incredibly shady boiler room firms (from which he was actually fired)?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

haljordan posted:

Did Sal's "stockbroker" career really involve him working in incredibly shady boiler room firms (from which he was actually fired)?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/sal-shlockbroker-0

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Artie and Jackie weren't exactly headlining shows in Vegas before they got in that chair, either.

Artie was in several big movies and was on Mad TV for years before Stern, Artie got a bigger audience on the Stern Show, but he still sold out shows and was a name. I think people started listening to Howard again because of Artie. I know I did.

Now Jackie.. he had and has nothing.

Bonzo posted:

Everything about this is great for radio station managers, which happens to be the entire opposite of the Howard Stern Show.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Glorious. I bet he paid someone else to take his Series 7 exam too.

AxeManiac posted:

Artie was in several big movies and was on Mad TV for years before Stern, Artie got a bigger audience on the Stern Show, but he still sold out shows and was a name. I think people started listening to Howard again because of Artie. I know I did.

Now Jackie.. he had and has nothing.

I want to give Jackie the benefit of the doubt and say he squirreled away some of that money, but I bet its all long gone by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfnl
Jul 28, 2004

So I guess Ferrall is leaving?

quote:

CBS Sports Radio today announced it has named Scott Ferrall as host of the network’s weekday evening program. Broadcast live from 10:00PM-2:00AM, ET “Ferrall on the Bench” will take listeners through the day’s headlines and most talked about topics in sports, generate spirited discussions with callers, and conduct captivating interviews with a variety of special guests.

CBS Sports Radio will make its 24/7 debut on Wednesday, January 2, 2013. It was previously announced that The Jim Rome Show will be broadcast weekdays from 12:00Noon-3:00PM and Doug Gottlieb will serve as host of afternoons (3:00-6:00 PM, ET) on CBS Sports Radio.

While I don't usually listen to him since I'm not near the radio when he's on, when I have heard his show its always been entertaining.