Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ThermoPhysical posted:

Well, it is a nice one. May he help you get your problem solved!

I've never heard it be random like this, though. What I have heard is when it happened before, it had to do with Secure Element and you need to have Money Network or Google do a master reset. It has to do with your phone itself, not your account, so you'd need your IMEI / MEID number.

An expensive way to fix it is to buy a new phone, apparently.

Well that sounds lovely. I hope the folks at Google can take care of it from there. I gave them my imei when I first called in so we'll see :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice

mrglynis posted:

Is there a way to get the free extended battery if I bought my phone in the store?

I bought my phone from Best Buy weeks ago and just got the battery. Call telesales directly (number is in OP), and just ask for it. That easy!

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Crosspost from Apple thread: FYI for Sprint customers you can order AppleCare+ through Sprint and they will add to your bill. I just added AppleCare+ on 2 5s and I don't have to pay for it until 11/15. I am sure everyone knew this, but just in case because I didn't.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice

nate fisher posted:

Crosspost from Apple thread: FYI for Sprint customers you can order AppleCare+ through Sprint and they will add to your bill. I just added AppleCare+ on 2 5s and I don't have to pay for it until 11/15. I am sure everyone knew this, but just in case because I didn't.

I purchased a 4s back in April and called Apple a week later to purchase the warranty (the closest apple store is 2+ hours). They let me purchase the warranty over the phone, though they did deny me at first. It was painless and they were extremely nice about it. YMMV of course but just thought I'd put it out there if some of you aren't close to an Apple store

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

FYI while I think the system actually let's it on there either way, official rules are Sprint can only do this within the first 24 hours of the phone being activated, after that you have 30 days to have apple authorize it.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Duckman2008 posted:

FYI while I think the system actually let's it on there either way, official rules are Sprint can only do this within the first 24 hours of the phone being activated, after that you have 30 days to have apple authorize it.

Yes that is what the Sprint rep told us. My wife has to call in to activate hers due to going from Android to iPhone, and they offered it to us. I was planning to call Apple later that day to add it, but it is nice to just be billed for it next cycle. Reminds me of how you use to buy phones from Sprint.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
^

Just to make sure I'v got this straight, I could buy the iPhone 5 from an Apple Store, go home, call Sprint, and purchase AppleCare from them, and they'll just add it onto my bill?

Edit: I was able to find an Apple store where I could've reserved an iPhone 5 last night, but due to my crippling indecision I...didn't. How likely is it that I'll be able to reserve one at the same store in a day or two?

AvesPKS fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 30, 2012

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AvesPKS posted:

^

Just to make sure I'v got this straight, I could buy the iPhone 5 from an Apple Store, go home, call Sprint, and purchase AppleCare from them, and they'll just add it onto my bill?

Edit: I was able to find an Apple store where I could've reserved an iPhone 5 last night, but due to my crippling indecision I...didn't. How likely is it that I'll be able to reserve one at the same store in a day or two?

You have to buy the phone from Sprint for them to be able to sign you up with Apple care.

Iphone 5s are rumored to be in decent stock at the Apple store. Which makes me jealous, and you should be fine.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Duckman2008 posted:

You have to buy the phone from Sprint for them to be able to sign you up with Apple care.

Iphone 5s are rumored to be in decent stock at the Apple store. Which makes me jealous, and you should be fine.

I preordered mine from Apple, so I didn't buy them from Sprint. Only reason I ever spoke with Sprint was the Android to iPhone issue. The phone rep was like you want to add AppleCare+ to your phones and be billed for it.

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey
As I understand it apple care must be added in the same transaction as the phone activation. If added after the fact the charge will still generate on the Sprint bill but apple will not be properly notified of the addition.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Giblet posted:

As I understand it apple care must be added in the same transaction as the phone activation. If added after the fact the charge will still generate on the Sprint bill but apple will not be properly notified of the addition.

My phone was activated 12 hours before my wife, but since I went for a 4S to 5 the phone activated itself in 1 minute. The rep did mention the 24 hour thing.

Just to be sure I did go to apple.com after my wife got off the call and both phones were register with AppleCare+ already.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Thanks for the replies.

So to be absolutely sure I've got AppleCare, if I buy the phone from the Apple Store I need to purchase AppleCare at that time?

If I can get it added to the bill then I can trick myself into thinking it isn't costing as much as it actually does.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

AvesPKS posted:

Thanks for the replies.

So to be absolutely sure I've got AppleCare, if I buy the phone from the Apple Store I need to purchase AppleCare at that time?

If I can get it added to the bill then I can trick myself into thinking it isn't costing as much as it actually does.

I ordered mine online from Apple so not sure if that makes a difference.

You don't have to get AppleCare+ when you purchase your phone. You have 30 days to call Apple or go to the Apple store to add it. So instead call Sprint within 24 hours to see if you can add it. They will send you an email with backup while you are on the call and you can check Apple's site to ensure added. Worst case would be Sprint for some reason doesn't do it and all you have to do is call Apple to add it.

Aphal
Sep 14, 2004

I'm just a clown in the eyes of the world :(
Went by the Sprint store today to compare phones since I have an upgrade as of Oct 1st. (Currently using an LG Optimus S and it's awful)

Comparing the GS3, EVO 4G LTE, and iPhone 5 side by side I really don't like the screen on the Galaxy S. Both the demo units had screen burn-in/retention and the pentile pixel layout was immediately noticeable on text. The EVO had a much better screen, and I like the look of the phone itself better (don't like blue/white plastic). But the HTC software on the thing was awful. Then the iPhone 5 is sitting there and it easily beats both of these in the hardware department, at least how it feels in the hand and the screen is by far the best of the three, but I really don't like iOS. The Gnex actually looked a little better than the GS3 in the screen department, I guess due to the smaller size, and it's only $99 on upgrade, so that's an option too.

So I left the store not really wanting any of these phones. If the EVO had stock android on it this would be a no brainer, but it doesn't so I'd have to rely on Cyanogenmod supporting the device to get decent software. :smith:

I don't really want to sit on an upgrade with this Optimus (I am on SERO, so I'm at least only paying $40/mo) but paying $200 for any of those options just isn't appealing.

Advice?

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
Lowtax giveth, and Lowtax taketh away.
College Slice

Aphal posted:

Went by the Sprint store today to compare phones since I have an upgrade as of Oct 1st. (Currently using an LG Optimus S and it's awful)

Comparing the GS3, EVO 4G LTE, and iPhone 5 side by side I really don't like the screen on the Galaxy S. Both the demo units had screen burn-in/retention and the pentile pixel layout was immediately noticeable on text. The EVO had a much better screen, and I like the look of the phone itself better (don't like blue/white plastic). But the HTC software on the thing was awful. Then the iPhone 5 is sitting there and it easily beats both of these in the hardware department, at least how it feels in the hand and the screen is by far the best of the three, but I really don't like iOS. The Gnex actually looked a little better than the GS3 in the screen department, I guess due to the smaller size, and it's only $99 on upgrade, so that's an option too.

So I left the store not really wanting any of these phones. If the EVO had stock android on it this would be a no brainer, but it doesn't so I'd have to rely on Cyanogenmod supporting the device to get decent software. :smith:

I don't really want to sit on an upgrade with this Optimus (I am on SERO, so I'm at least only paying $40/mo) but paying $200 for any of those options just isn't appealing.

Advice?

My stock answer is give the iPhone a try and if you don't like it, sell it and use the funds to buy a different phone at retail price; they hold value really well compared to other phones. So far I haven't had anyone take me up on the "sell it" part.

When I gave up the "fiddle with task manager", "edit the registry", and "flash custom ROM" bullshit I was so into on Windows Mobile, I realized that my iPhone just works and I can stop loving with it. I turned my attention to sussing out apps/games and spent more time actually using it as a computer instead of babysitting it. PC-free (no iTunes!) and the ease of just shooting apps, video, etc over to the AppleTV made the experience complete. The first time I tried to send video to AppleTV it worked, no configuration, no entering codes, no loving with network settings... the poo poo just worked.

YMMV of course.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Ender.uNF posted:

My stock answer is give the iPhone a try and if you don't like it, sell it and use the funds to buy a different phone at retail price; they hold value really well compared to other phones. So far I haven't had anyone take me up on the "sell it" part.

When I gave up the "fiddle with task manager", "edit the registry", and "flash custom ROM" bullshit I was so into on Windows Mobile, I realized that my iPhone just works and I can stop loving with it. I turned my attention to sussing out apps/games and spent more time actually using it as a computer instead of babysitting it. PC-free (no iTunes!) and the ease of just shooting apps, video, etc over to the AppleTV made the experience complete. The first time I tried to send video to AppleTV it worked, no configuration, no entering codes, no loving with network settings... the poo poo just worked.

YMMV of course.

Pretty much describes why I have so far converted 3 of my Android lines to iPhones.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Ender.uNF posted:

YMMV of course.

Seconding this. I went through 3 Android phones (HTC Hero, HTC Evo 4G, Nexus S) before I decided to give the iPhone a go (Currently using a 4S). There are things I still like better about Android (notifications, the Gmail App, the ability to customize, etc)...but I'm very happy with my iPhone.

I got the 4S on the premise that if I didn't like it, I could sell it and buy another Android phone. The reason I wanted an iPhone was for the better battery life (the 4S kicks the poo poo out of any Android phone I've used), and a better camera (same story as the battery life)... A year later, and I have little intention of switching back to Android.

I never jailbroke my 4S because I was tired of constantly loving with my phone, and wanted something that would "just work"... The iPhone has held up to that 99% of the time...and Apple's customer support (via the Apple Stores) is light years ahead of anything an competitor can offer. Throw in the Apple TV for AirPlay, an it's even further ahead.

As Ender said...YMMV, but you really can't go wrong with this plan.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

thisdude23 posted:

Does anyone use a screen protector on their phone? Got one on my GS3 and it's pretty annoying because it's starting to bubble. Will it be ok without it?

The SGS3 display is Gorilla Glass - it won't scratch easily. The plastics will though.

ThermoPhysical posted:

I've never had a screen protector on my NS4G and the only scratches I have are the kind you can't feel (even with a fingernail) and you need to have a bright light to even see them.

The NS4G (and the entire Nexus line), however, doesn't have Gorilla Glass. My NS4G got pretty scratched up, though when I sold it in SA-Mart I disclosed the scratches (w/photos) up front, though you can't see them with the display on. The plastics were pretty beat up too. I factored that into my asking price though, and the goon who bought it seems to be happy with it. I never had it in a pocket with keys or anything, my best guess is there was dirt in my pocket at some point.

I got a 5 pack of cheap screen protectors off Amazon the day I bought my Galaxy Nexus, and used the scotch tape trick to make sure it didn't have any dust/bubbles. It's also in a $10 Cruzerlite case with an Android molded into it :3:

Aphal posted:

The Galaxy Nexus is $50 on Amazon Wireless right now. And frankly, in using them side by side, the Gnex seems a bit smoother and just as fast, despite the SGS3's extra 300 MHz clock speed. My only complaints about the Gnex are the lack of an SD card slot and the battery life..

Burn-in is still an issue on AMOLED displays (basically any current higher-end Samsung phone), but you only really run into it if you set the display to remain on whenever the phone is plugged in. I ran into it briefly on my NS4G, but it disappeared on its own a few weeks after I set it not to keep the display on while charging.

Aphal
Sep 14, 2004

I'm just a clown in the eyes of the world :(

Ender.uNF posted:

YMMV of course.

I really don't like iOS. It just feels like stepping into a timewarp to 2007 whenever I use it. Add to that their Maps fiasco in iOS 6 (I rely entirely on public transportation, which they don't support at all anymore?) I don't think ICS/JB really suffers from or requires fiddling or editing registries. I have an (albeit lovely) android phone, and a pretty good Android tablet on ICS, and I never need to do that stuff. The problem is just that Sprint doesn't sell any great stock Android phones, so my choices would be a Photon Q or a GNex, and I'd think those would 'just work' just as well as iOS does.

Thank you for the advice, though. I am still considering it as an option, since my wife's upgrade is 12 months after mine, she might want to take the iPhone from me and I can use hers to get whatever is available if I don't like it. Or sell it if I can't make it 12 months.

Edit: I spend a ton of time reading SA on my phone and good lord the iOS app looks like crap compared to Awful Betamax on Android. No offense to the developer, it seems to conform to the iOS style guide but I don't think I could stare at that thing for very long.

Aphal fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 1, 2012

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Aphal posted:

I really don't like iOS. It just feels like stepping into a timewarp to 2007 whenever I use it. Add to that their Maps fiasco in iOS 6 (I rely entirely on public transportation, which they don't support at all anymore?) I don't think ICS/JB really suffers from or requires fiddling or editing registries. I have an (albeit lovely) android phone, and a pretty good Android tablet on ICS, and I never need to do that stuff. The problem is just that Sprint doesn't sell any great stock Android phones, so my choices would be a Photon Q or a GNex, and I'd think those would 'just work' just as well as iOS does.

Thank you for the advice, though. I am still considering it as an option, since my wife's upgrade is 12 months after mine, she might want to take the iPhone from me and I can use hers to get whatever is available if I don't like it. Or sell it if I can't make it 12 months.

Since Google will want Google Wallet in the US and Sprint is the only US carrier to officially support it, I'd say you could probably grab the next Nexus (Nexii?) around March-May of next year on Sprint.

You could use an iPhone 5 until then then buy the Nexus when it hits so you're not stuck without a phone until then.

(e: I know you don't like iOS, but the iPhone is the only Sprint phone I know of that could keep its value that long.)

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Aphal posted:

Having owned an EVO LTE for a couple months now, I really wish I had waited for a GS3. My friend also got a GS3 and while the build quality isn't as good, the stock GS3 rom is light years ahead of the EVO. The EVO LTE is slow, clunky, has broken multi-tasking, freezes constantly, lags worse than my 2 year old HTC Desire, and has a barely functioning LTE radio. I'm not kidding, you have to constantly switch airplane mode off an on in order for the drat thing to pick up and switch to an LTE signal...

The CM10 rom for the EVO LTE is still quite a ways off from being a valid replacement. The CM10 rom I was running a couple weeks ago didn't even have working GPS, lol. For the time being, the device is usable under MeanRom or any number of the custom roms that help to fix multi-tasking, but the underlying Sense software is still as bad as ever - a custom launcher helps a bit as well.

The iPhone isn't even a consideration for me, but if you're considering an Android device I really think you'd be happy with the GS3 if you need to upgrade soon.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

ThermoPhysical posted:

(e: I know you don't like iOS, but the iPhone is the only Sprint phone I know of that could keep its value that long.)

I got offered $450 for my 32GB iPhone 4S a week before the 5 was released (instead I gave it to my daughter as promised). It is pretty amazing how the iPhone holds its value. I read that some of the unlocked 64GB were going for $800 to $900.

Cock Democracy
Jan 1, 2003

Now that is the finest piece of chilean sea bass I have ever smelled
I have a $40/mo SERO premium plan. I have an upgrade and was planning on buying an iphone 5, reselling it and sticking with my existing phone. When I go to buy the iPhone, the Sprint site says:

quote:

You'll need to change your plan after you get your device... If you're already a Sprint customer but have a different plan, you'll have to change plans when you activate your device. Also, once you change your plan, you will not be able to change back to your old plan if we no longer sell it, even if you go back to your old phone.
Then it goes on to list a bunch of plans starting at $70/mo. It also says:

quote:

Plans for this phone require our $10/mo. Premium Data add-on charge in addition to one of our plans with unlimited data.

Since I'm not going to actually activate the iPhone, will I have to switch my plan or add the $10/mo addon? I want to keep the $40/mo plan.

Cock Democracy fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 1, 2012

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

nate fisher posted:

I got offered $450 for my 32GB iPhone 4S a week before the 5 was released (instead I gave it to my daughter as promised). It is pretty amazing how the iPhone holds its value. I read that some of the unlocked 64GB were going for $800 to $900.

If my upgrade wasn't around the same time the new Nexus phone(s) would be hitting Sprint (March 2013), I'd do the "buy iPhone, sell for Android" thing. People in Omaha LOVE iPhones and I'd probably get more than retail price if someone truly wanted it.

That's awesome you kept your promise, by the way.

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

Cock Democracy posted:

I have a $40/mo SERO premium plan. I have an upgrade and was planning on buying an iphone 5, reselling it and sticking with my existing phone. When I go to buy the iPhone, the Sprint site says:

Then it goes on to list a bunch of plans starting at $70/mo. It also says:

Since I'm not going to actually activate the iPhone, will I have to switch my plan or add the $10/mo addon? I want to keep the $40/mo plan.

You would have to add the $10 fee once you activated the phone. Since you're just going to resell it, you won't need to do anything to your plan.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Erhm so this morning I got a text message saying "Welcome to Total Equipment Protection."

Except I've never (ever, not for any device) signed up for TEP. Neither have I purchased nor activated a new device in the last 30 days. To my knowledge it's not an open enrollment period either, but I haven't been keeping up with that.

Sure enough, there's the $11/mo added services charge on my account on Sprint's web site. I don't know how long it's been there, but I removed it and hopefully there won't be much in the way of a prorated charge.

I'm not sure how this happened. The only thing I can think of that might be related is that a few days ago I switched from my S3 to my Epic temporarily as I was traveling and needed WiMAX. Of course, to do so I had to call the SERO/EPRP folks who were totally on the ball on the original switch, and a slight-bit confused on the switch back, but still a relatively painless experience.

Either way, I don't know if it was a total fluke, or if it's actually possible to add TEP to accounts outside the necessary enrollment periods if you have "sufficient power" as a service rep.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Sure enough, there's the $11/mo added services charge on my account on Sprint's web site. I don't know how long it's been there, but I removed it and hopefully there won't be much in the way of a prorated charge.

I think the correct course of action would have been to call or chat with CS and make it perfectly clear that you didn't request tep, and there'd better not be any charge whatsoever.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I've factory reset my EVO 3D, wiping the SD card as well, in preparation for selling it on eBay. Is there any risk of my information showing up for anyone who buys it? I did start it up again and updated to ICS, and saw in the Phone info that it still has my phone number showing. Is there some way to totally disassociate the hardware so that it is back to a completely pre-activated state? Or am I being overly cautious?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Erhm so this morning I got a text message saying "Welcome to Total Equipment Protection."

Except I've never (ever, not for any device) signed up for TEP. Neither have I purchased nor activated a new device in the last 30 days. To my knowledge it's not an open enrollment period either, but I haven't been keeping up with that.

I'm not sure how this happened. The only thing I can think of that might be related is that a few days ago I switched from my S3 to my Epic temporarily as I was traveling and needed WiMAX. Of course, to do so I had to call the SERO/EPRP folks who were totally on the ball on the original switch, and a slight-bit confused on the switch back, but still a relatively painless experience.

Either way, I don't know if it was a total fluke, or if it's actually possible to add TEP to accounts outside the necessary enrollment periods if you have "sufficient power" as a service rep.

You stumbled across a dirty little secret in sprints system:

Reps can add insurance at any time. I can, from what I can tell employee care can too.

Whenever I interact with employee care it's usually swapping a device on my account. Always a service swap, yet I am always offered insurance, even if the ESN is years old. So they can do it. Likely they accidentally thought you wanted it, call in and you can get that credited most likely.

The catch is that Asurion requires a device to have had insurance for at least 14 days (last I checked) before they will authorize an insurance claim. Exceptions being if it was just purchased or something like that. On sprints end though TEP will show up in our service system about 5 minutes after being added, and there is no way for me to know "how long they have had insurance," whether it was added on recently, etc. So any sprint tech work would then be included.

And of course, any of the above would also be insurance fraud, specifically if filed via Asurion (the insurance part of TEP).

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

WoG posted:

I think the correct course of action would have been to call or chat with CS and make it perfectly clear that you didn't request tep, and there'd better not be any charge whatsoever.
Perhaps. But calling is always somewhat of a hassle as it's never entirely clear if they understand the situation or what my expectation is. It's doubly bad when I don't actually have a bill yet and am operating on a "hunch" of what the problem is.

Sprint's website provides a mechanism to remove any optional service "immediately" so that should keep it from being an on-going charge. This month's bill will come out at the end of the week, and be horribly screwed up anyways due to the crazy amount of plan proration due to switching devices. If it ends up being within $2 or so of what I expect, I won't worry, that's not much of an added cost for having a plan that's otherwise worked out very well for me over the years.

But yeah, if there's an $11 charge or something on there, then it's chit-chat time. Shouldn't be too hard to convince them what happened, and if nothing else, that the device wasn't even eligible for TEP enrollment to begin with.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Aphal posted:

Edit: I spend a ton of time reading SA on my phone and good lord the iOS app looks like crap compared to Awful Betamax on Android. No offense to the developer, it seems to conform to the iOS style guide but I don't think I could stare at that thing for very long.

I say get an HTC Arrive (Windows Phone 7.5) from eBay or Craigslist or here for about $100, then keep your upgrade for when a new phone you like comes out. I don't know if they have any Arrives in the store to try out. I hear a lot of places don't. :(

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CharlesM posted:

I say get an HTC Arrive (Windows Phone 7.5) from eBay or Craigslist or here for about $100, then keep your upgrade for when a new phone you like comes out. I don't know if they have any Arrives in the store to try out. I hear a lot of places don't. :(

The Arrive is officially discontinued. Most stores also stopped carrying them 2 weeks after launch and were never required to have a demo (corporate stores were required to have a demo though I think).

The Arrive used is a good buy though.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

My mom wants to upgrade her SERO plan and get an iPhone. Can she just call the SERO number and buy the phone through them or would she still need to go to a Sprint Store?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Call. Most (if not all) stores can't deal with SERO.

St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007
Is it a Sprint or Sense issue that every time I send an MMS to a group of people it sends it to all of their email addresses too? Anyone know how to fix this? Was using CyanogenMod and didnt have this issue but MMS barely worked to begin with. Really loving annoying.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

sirbeefalot posted:

I've factory reset my EVO 3D, wiping the SD card as well, in preparation for selling it on eBay. Is there any risk of my information showing up for anyone who buys it? I did start it up again and updated to ICS, and saw in the Phone info that it still has my phone number showing. Is there some way to totally disassociate the hardware so that it is back to a completely pre-activated state? Or am I being overly cautious?

Dial ##786#, enter your msl (you can call sprint and get it if you need to), and choose reset.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Duckman2008 posted:

The Arrive is officially discontinued. Most stores also stopped carrying them 2 weeks after launch and were never required to have a demo (corporate stores were required to have a demo though I think).

The Arrive used is a good buy though.

Lame :( I really like mine. It's the first time I've been happy with a smartphone.

Giblet
Jun 19, 2003

Smooth like whiskey

Lovie Unsmith posted:

Call. Most (if not all) stores can't deal with SERO.

Corporate stores can do it they just have to call in for the device swap.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

McPhearson posted:

Dial ##786#, enter your msl (you can call sprint and get it if you need to), and choose reset.

Is the MSL unique for each phone, or is it one number tied to my line?

e; It seems it is unique, as it uses the ESN to generate the MSL I guess? I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks!

sirbeefalot fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

sirbeefalot posted:

Is the MSL unique for each phone, or is it one number tied to my line?

It's unique to each device. If you really don't want to call and feel like rooting your phone temporarily there are apps to get it, there's also some convoluted cdma workshop method if you don't want to root.