Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

what's a technologist

am I one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Dice is a cesspool as it is, but Craigslist takes the cake, especially under computer gigs

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cpg/3309706686.html

quote:

Android programmer to develop application (Minimal pay of $250)

I am a college student and entrepreneur looking for an Android programmer/developer that can help me create an alpha for an Augmented reality, co-op game for the android platform.

A device will load up the AR environment along with a 3d avatar that can move around the environment, being controlled via and onscreen analog stick. A second device will be able to connect to the first device and simultaneously load a controllable 3d avatar into the AR environment.

The plan is to use the alpha to launch a campaign through kick-starter or another group funding site so the game can be further developed.

If your interested please contact me and more details will be provided.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cpg/3308835495.html

quote:

Group travel startup seeking PHP ninja (Union Square)

Experienced LAMP developer needed for group travel planning/ booking startup

About Us...

We are an NYC based travel startup that has just completed a 3 month accelerator program. We are looking to hire a motivated individual that can thrive in a dynamic, unstructured environment. Our company has been featured on TechCrunch, Huffington Post, BetaBeat, and PandoDaily as a top pick for future success. Our team of 5 young people consists of 2 developers with whom you would be working with closely.

Who we are looking for...

We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and enjoys the 'start-up culture' (long hours, small team, plenty of free beer/ pizza). We would like someone who wants to be involved in a successful company as we begin to gain national attention. Ability to quote 'It's Always Sunny' is a plus.

The tech stuff...

You should have strong experience with:
- OOP PHP 5.3+
- CodeIgniter Framework (or any of the other MVC frameworks)
- XML/JSON parsing
- CSS/HTML/jQuery
- mySQL
- GIT/SVN

Basic knowledge of:
- Unix
- Amazon AWS

a world of ninjas and rockstars

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
ugh thanks sulk for some reason now im looking at nyc tech jobs

this is me irl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpBSvN1a50

except without the lady

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Has anyone here toyed with concept oriented programming? http://conceptoriented.org/papers/CopInformalIntroduction.html

Seems weird.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
its me im the php ninja

salted hash browns
Mar 26, 2007
ykrop

gucci void main posted:

Dice is a cesspool as it is, but Craigslist takes the cake, especially under computer gigs

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cpg/3309706686.html

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/cpg/3308835495.html

a world of ninjas and rockstars

who wants to bite the bullet and email these dudes

salted hash browns
Mar 26, 2007
ykrop
i am an experienced android augmented reality programmer

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

salted hash browns posted:

try augmenting your posting first fucko

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

i found the code for YOSPOS.BIN which sent my :spergin: into overdrive so i've been reverse engineering atari 2600 breakout today and been trying to figure out its neat graphical tricks and making a functionally-equivalent clone.

so far i can draw things out of a 5x18 array of playfield bricks. i made this title screen.

SUPER TIGHT TIMING

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Oct 2, 2012

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
are you handcoding the asm to draw the individual blocks or can you make like a script to translate ascii to blocks

im asking this because im gonna need a sig based off that asap

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm doing it by hand (5 rows of 40 bricks) but it would be trivial to write a script to do it

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

what's a technologist

am I one?

people say that to make it sound general so that you have no idea what you're going to be doing. i was a 'technologist' when i was in a government job.

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

Condiv posted:

Has anyone here toyed with concept oriented programming? http://conceptoriented.org/papers/CopInformalIntroduction.html

Seems weird.

it does, and I think it's because it sets about to improve on OOP but its version of OOP is frankly outdated

6. COP vs. OOP posted:

COP is designed to be backward compatible with OOP, i.e., it is reduced to OOP under certain simplifying assumptions. In this section we compare COP with OOP ´by showing where they are different and why COP can be considered a generalization of OOP.

One of the cornerstones of the object-oriented paradigm is inheritance.

"One of the cornerstones". It then goes on to compare COP with inheritance-heavy OOP only, contrasting the IS-A relation from OOP with IS-IN relation in COP

I think in modern OOP the related concepts of encapsulation and information hiding are much more important than inheritance hierarchies. These provide the other object relation in OOP, the HAS-A relation. this part of OOP is not considered in the section at all, and that's a bit curious when you consider that HAS-A relation is the inverse of IS-IN!

From this POV COP looks like an awfully rigid subset of OOP that's constrained to only using one HAS-A relation-based design pattern

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

abraham linksys posted:

got inspired by that "xkcd style graphs" for mathematica post on the top of HN and decided to try to implement it in d3js

it works but the code is very ugly. but hey, so is all my code when i'm first learnin something, in this case d3js and svg stuff

its here: http://bl.ocks.org/3815828

parkinsons.js

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

ZYNGA STOCK CRASHER posted:

its me im the php ninja

the place i work for now had fliers asking "are you a php rockstar" and had an ascii guitar.
Its the university though, so the job itself isn't as horrible as you'd imagine.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

salted hash browns posted:

i wonder if i could throw enough technobabble at one of those types to admit they're out of their league

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
also http://cdecl.org/ hth

salted hash browns
Mar 26, 2007
ykrop

JawnV6 posted:

i wonder if i could throw enough technobabble at one of those types to admit they're out of their league

They know their out of their league. That's why they need a programmer.

Would be even more hilarious to go in there ad poke holes in their business model

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Win8 Hetro Experie posted:

From this POV COP …

so close to COZ POP

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
this thread had exactly 219 unread posts, so I didn't read any of them but now it has 0

Sang-
Nov 2, 2007

Condiv posted:

Seems weird.

You following the scala mailing lists too? This exact topic came up yesterday.

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
im just starting to learn scala, watched a few of the coursera vids. Its pretty cool how you can specify if you want an argument to be evaluated greedily or lazily.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

ZYNGA STOCK CRASHER posted:

its me im the php ninja

i'm an sql terrorist

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Sang- posted:

You following the scala mailing lists too? This exact topic came up yesterday.

Yep, that's where I first heard of it.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

tbh the idea of a starcraft-playing AI is actually really neat but everything about this is awful

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

shrughes
Oct 11, 2008

(call/cc call/cc)

Win8 Hetro Experie posted:

I think in modern OOP the related concepts of encapsulation and information hiding are much more important than inheritance hierarchies. These provide the other object relation in OOP, the HAS-A relation. this part of OOP is not considered in the section at all, and that's a bit curious when you consider that HAS-A relation is the inverse of IS-IN!

Encapsulation and information hiding isn't a concept of OOP.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i've been programming in c++ for the longest time and i couldn't even tell you what it's all about

c++ is a bag of gently caress

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Dr. Honked posted:

i've been programming in c++ for the longest time and i couldn't even tell you what it's all about

c++ is a bag of gently caress

c++ is very literally that, just everything thrown in without any organization

it's not object-oriented, it's not template-oriented, it's not functional

it's basically compiler-oriented programming and super-hostile to its users

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

im a hostile user

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

Cocoa Crispies posted:

c++ is very literally that, just everything thrown in without any organization

it's not object-oriented, it's not template-oriented, it's not functional

it's basically compiler-oriented programming and super-hostile to its users

well you can at least pidgeonhole it into imperative. That's, uh something.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

hey speaking of c++ someone help me understand what my crazy teacher is talking about

got an assignment to make a linked list, simple enough but she's asking me to pass an int to the functions that remove either a head or tail node and i have no idea why

quote:

Q: What is the parameter for in RemoveHead() and RemoveTail() functions?
A: The reference parameter is for extracting the item (data) from the head or tail node. Like this...

int item;
if(L1.RemoveHead(item)) cout << item;
After the item is assigned to the reference parameter thesr fns should delete the head or tail node and leave the list safe. See lecture notes on Collections.

i mean i get that there should be a function to remove a given value from the list but neither RemoveHead or RemoveTail do that in the spec as far as i can tell (we were just given a class prototype with commented code that says "removes item from head" and "removes item from tail")

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Orbi posted:

hey speaking of c++ someone help me understand what my crazy teacher is talking about

got an assignment to make a linked list, simple enough but she's asking me to pass an int to the functions that remove either a head or tail node and i have no idea why

i mean i get that there should be a function to remove a given value from the list but neither RemoveHead or RemoveTail do that in the spec as far as i can tell (we were just given a class prototype with commented code that says "removes item from head" and "removes item from tail")

homework is so hard!!

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

it is
if ur a retard like me

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
ls -al ~yospos |awk '$3 == Orbi {print $NF}' |xargs cat |head
ls -al ~yospos |awk '$3 == Orbi {print $NF}' |xargs cat |tail

i hope that htis has been helpful young padawan

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

shrughes posted:

Encapsulation and information hiding isn't a concept of OOP.
/

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Orbi posted:

pass an int to the functions that remove either a head or tail node and i have no idea why

quote:

After the item is assigned to the reference parameter

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, idk, try reading your homework assignment

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

oh jesus christ i AM loving retarded 'swhat i get for just glancing at stuff i guess

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
depending on what the meaning of the word 'of' is that could be considered accurate in his usual spergy way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
e: dooble poost