Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

How does the sizing of the Nike Game jersey compare to the Reebok Premier? I wear a medium in the Reebok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I was checking out the hats again last night and noticed they had some buzzwords the MLB caps didn't have (afaik):

quote:

COOLERAŽ moisture-wicking technology manages perspiration
DRYERAŽ technology repels water in inclement weather
Anyone have one and can tell whether it feels any different than their other caps?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I tried one on at Lids and it didn't seem any different.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

shyguy posted:

How does the sizing of the Nike Game jersey compare to the Reebok Premier? I wear a medium in the Reebok.

Mines a small and my reeboks were medium, the mediums were really baggy. I wear a size small t shirt if that's helps.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

japtor posted:

I was checking out the hats again last night and noticed they had some buzzwords the MLB caps didn't have (afaik):

Anyone have one and can tell whether it feels any different than their other caps?

I have one and it doesn't feel any different to me. Maybe a little more flexible than my MLB caps, but that's about it.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
I have the 59Fifty, feels the same as the MLB caps to me. Oddly, though, my size 8 Cowboys hat feels a lot looser than my size 8 Texas Rangers caps.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

MissileWaster posted:

I have the 59Fifty, feels the same as the MLB caps to me. Oddly, though, my size 8 Cowboys hat feels a lot looser than my size 8 Texas Rangers caps.

I've noticed that, for whatever reason, New Era fluctuates wildly in size. My best-fitting hat is a 7 3/4 Phillies hat, but I also own a size 8 Phillies cap and 7 3/4 IronPigs cap that are really snug on me.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Farchanter posted:

I've noticed that, for whatever reason, New Era fluctuates wildly in size. My best-fitting hat is a 7 3/4 Phillies hat, but I also own a size 8 Phillies cap and 7 3/4 IronPigs cap that are really snug on me.

Yeah -- pretty much all my New Era hats are the same size, but some of them fit much better than others. I think they're hand-made, so I guess that accounts for the variation.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

e: wrong thread

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I was going to say that the NFL hats seem to be larger than the MLB hats, but the MLB hats I have a a year+ old so I don't have any recent to compare it to. But 7 3/8ths fits me snug in my new Bengals hat, 7 1/2 in my Reds hat. So try em on at the store instead of ordering online would probably be a good idea.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Yeah, New Era hats are goofy with sizing. I have I think 6 hats, all size 7&1/2, and 2 of them are too big unless I grow my hair out. I'd advise against buying them online

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Which is better, YukiJersey or WhatJersey? Or does it not matter?

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
If we're doing capchat, is there any way to order a custom hat size? I have a tremendous noggin and new era doesn't make hats that fit me.

I own a Phillies cap but it's for show :smith:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

TheModernAmerican posted:

If we're doing capchat, is there any way to order a custom hat size? I have a tremendous noggin and new era doesn't make hats that fit me.

I own a Phillies cap but it's for show :smith:
They do custom hats but I didn't check to see if they do monster head sizes, they're MLB only...and $60 I think. And no returns barring manufacturing defects. Checked out whether Mitchell and Ness or some of the others make larger sizes?

I found a hat I wanted last night but now I'm paranoid about capsizing cap sizing.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

japtor posted:

They do custom hats but I didn't check to see if they do monster head sizes, they're MLB only...and $60 I think. And no returns barring manufacturing defects. Checked out whether Mitchell and Ness or some of the others make larger sizes?

I found a hat I wanted last night but now I'm paranoid about capsizing cap sizing.

I'd suggest you go to the Lids or Hatworld at the local mall. They should carry whatever hat you're looking for, and at the least you should be able to figure out what size you wear. The only hat I've ever ordered online fit perfectly.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
I'm sure I mentioned this but to concrete the Chiefs status as the worst team in the league: this is the 50th year anniversary of the team in Kansas City. The Chiefs thought it would be a great idea to give every set of season ticket holders a free customized Nike jersey. Nice sentiment, as the jerseys were the big new thing this year and a free one is a cool thing.

The freely customized stuff is not cool. You would not believe how many assholes are walking around Arrowhead with their own name on the back of jerseys now. It is the worst. I will have to take pictures this weekend of all of them.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

While we're still talking hats, the New Era Cold Weather Collection is up. Most of it is pretty :effort: but the dog-ear 59Fifty looks awesome and I may need to get one.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Went into the thrift store again today. Found a sweet Seahawks jersey. Didn't even know who it was. Wikipedia tells me this: Rick Mirer, drafted in 1993 to the Seattle Seahawks as the second overall pick. he set a whole bunch of rookie records that were easily destroyed by Peyton Manning a few years later. Then he was traded to the Bears. Then to the Packers. Then to the Jets, where he replaced Vinny Testaverde before getting benched for Ray Lucas. Then he signed with the 49ers. Then across the bay to Oakland. Then he finished his career with the Lions. An absolute nobody, Rick Mirer. I was alive for his whole career, and remember none of it.

So I bought the jersey. 4 bucks, it's an old Wilson era jersey, with the apathetic Seahawk logo on the sleeves. It owns. I'm going to start looking for a jersey from every team.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Febreeze posted:

Went into the thrift store again today. Found a sweet Seahawks jersey. Didn't even know who it was. Wikipedia tells me this: Rick Mirer, drafted in 1993 to the Seattle Seahawks as the second overall pick. he set a whole bunch of rookie records that were easily destroyed by Peyton Manning a few years later. Then he was traded to the Bears. Then to the Packers. Then to the Jets, where he replaced Vinny Testaverde before getting benched for Ray Lucas. Then he signed with the 49ers. Then across the bay to Oakland. Then he finished his career with the Lions. An absolute nobody, Rick Mirer. I was alive for his whole career, and remember none of it.

So I bought the jersey. 4 bucks, it's an old Wilson era jersey, with the apathetic Seahawk logo on the sleeves. It owns. I'm going to start looking for a jersey from every team.

Bledsoe v Mirer was somewhat of an early version of Manning v Leaf in regards to "who should be drafted #1?". Mirer was considered to be "the next Joe Montana" also.

Those were the days!

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Grant Eff posted:

I'd suggest you go to the Lids or Hatworld at the local mall. They should carry whatever hat you're looking for, and at the least you should be able to figure out what size you wear. The only hat I've ever ordered online fit perfectly.
I have a New Era hat from a few months back so I know my size, just concerned about the posts above mentioning the size varying in their experience.

MissileWaster posted:

While we're still talking hats, the New Era Cold Weather Collection is up. Most of it is pretty :effort: but the dog-ear 59Fifty looks awesome and I may need to get one.
Yeah I kind of want one too even though I'm in Southern California and wouldn't have a use for it :v:. It would fit in line with thinking I need a Raiders hat for every occasion, been thinking about the bucket hat for days where I'd be outside a lot.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

japtor posted:

Yeah I kind of want one too even though I'm in Southern California and wouldn't have a use for it :v:.

Yeah, I live in Dallas so I might only get use out of it for like 3 days in December.

But those few days I get to wear it will be awesome.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Atticus Finch posted:

Which is better, YukiJersey or WhatJersey? Or does it not matter?

I can't say better, but I just picked up my custom YukiJersey and it looks pretty awesome, with nice-looking stitching and windward swooshes and everything. $50 and it only took, from date of ordering, about 15 calendar days to get here.

NaVorro Bowman, in case you're curious. Why isn't he on regular jerseys yet? :arch:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444592404578032580348686340.html

quote:

Boone, who complains that his stomach hangs out the bottom of the jersey, said it makes him feel self-conscious. "It makes me look fat," he said, "and I'm not fat."

When Boone's wife first saw him in the new garb, he reports, "she said, 'It looks like you ate a small baby.'"

Lol

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
They highlight Raji in the pic and video...but the Packers didn't change anything did they? Or did they change the cut/fit of the uniforms for the ones that kept their old material?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

japtor posted:

They highlight Raji in the pic and video...but the Packers didn't change anything did they? Or did they change the cut/fit of the uniforms for the ones that kept their old material?

I believe it's the latter.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Found someone on ebay selling this, got them to accept my offer, so now I'll have 3 of the 4 members of the Dome Patrol. I wasn't searching too hard for these, but now that I have most of them, I'm going to be on a nonstop hunt to find a Vaughn Johnson jersey. Maybe I'll luck out and find one soon.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Can anyone tell whether this and this are showing photos of the actual jerseys offered by the site or if they're just stock photos of the genuine article?

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
it's pictures of what they have, but I'd be weary, you can tell from the shot on the right that the swoosh is going the same way on both sides where it's not on the real deal.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

It looks like the tail of the swoosh points towards the back of the jersey on both shoulders... isn't that how it is on the authentic player-worn jerseys as well?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Chimeric posted:

It looks like the tail of the swoosh points towards the back of the jersey on both shoulders... isn't that how it is on the authentic player-worn jerseys as well?
Yeah, although that might've been what he meant by "going the same way" (i.e. could also mean the swoosh isn't flipped, depending how you read it). In the Luck one on the right arm you can't spot the head of the swoosh in either jersey there, like the one on the left showing the front may be a messed up one.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

japtor posted:

Yeah, although that might've been what he meant by "going the same way" (i.e. could also mean the swoosh isn't flipped, depending how you read it). In the Luck one on the right arm you can't spot the head of the swoosh in either jersey there, like the one on the left showing the front may be a messed up one.

That's true... I can pretty clearly see the tails on the right-hand side, but the head is obscured and so it's hard to tell if it's messed up. Might as well order and report back since a few of us are ordering jerseys anyway to cut down on shipping costs.

e: Ordered. Trip report in 4-7 days if the shipping estimates are accurate (could've sworn it was more like 20 days (correctly) estimated when I ordered from these guys last year)

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 8, 2012

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
whoops, I was mistaken, for some reason I thought the swoosh was incorrect on them, but I took a look at real jerseys and realized I was wrong, as other people have pointed out already.

Good luck with your jersey, I hope it comes out good.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

mints posted:

whoops, I was mistaken, for some reason I thought the swoosh was incorrect on them, but I took a look at real jerseys and realized I was wrong, as other people have pointed out already.

Good luck with your jersey, I hope it comes out good.

Thanks, fingers crossed :). I was happy with my jerseys from this site in the past, just hoping they've made a good transition to the Nike versions.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Wounded Warrior Project, by way of Under Armour, getting into more jerseys:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Anals of History posted:

what the gently caress are these

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

what the gently caress are these

American Gladiators

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

are those things we'll see on television or fanart from a guy who just learned about lens flare

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Hazo posted:

are those things we'll see on television or fanart from a guy who just learned about lens flare

Looks like they're real. Also, the two teams wearing them are a collective 2-8 this season.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Anals of History posted:

Looks like they're real. Also, the two teams wearing them are a collective 2-8 this season.

still a better record than our armed forces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Anals of History posted:

I kind of like the gloves. I would wear them in activities that I would need gloves for.

• Locked thread