Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
My boss bought a car the other day. It's a blast to ride in and makes a ridiculously nice noise.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

falz posted:

I was going to suggest this is because of 'Get Shorty' but I think that was a different van.

The van in Get Shorty was a Pontiac Trans-Sport I believe. Always thought they looked pretty cool for a van, but the Previa is hands down my favorite minivan. I wish they weren't all rusted to hell or run into the ground where I live, I want a supercharged 5 speed minivan dammit!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Terrible Robot posted:

The van in Get Shorty was a Pontiac Trans-Sport I believe.

Oldsmobile Silhouette, the Cadillac of minivans.

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

Why are there so many? :stare:

I also like the dealership plates on that R8 :3:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

DixielandDelight posted:

Why are there so many? :stare:

Which ones could you take out?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Bucephalus posted:

Oldsmobile Silhouette, the Cadillac of minivans.

:saddowns: I just watched the movie a week ago too.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
I think Sidney, BC is where AI goes to retire. The town is overflowing with wealthy people in their 60s/70s and if you go out for even 10 minutes you're sure to see some kick-rear end automotive poo poo

saw this Citroen DS last night

and this NOT-BROKEN 850i this morning

doritos
Dec 6, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

88h88 posted:

The thing that annoys me about that article is the dude in the comments saying that configuration is becoming popular in the bicycle world. Mainly because it's really not. I work on a university campus which has 25,000 students and maybe 7500 bikes. How many of those are 2 wheeled at the front? One. I ride through the city daily and I've only ever seen that single monstrosity tootling about the place. We've got countless hipsters on fixies but only one of those piles of crap.

:colbert:

If you don't know anything about recumbents, don't run your mouth, thanks :)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Man, I've never seen a Citroen DS in Canada. I bet I could import one under the 15-25 rule too. Wonder what they cost..?

edit: A lot. But also: Wowza.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

neckbeard posted:

Did you see it move under its own power? You can't know for sure!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
There's exactly ONE Citroen DS in my town, but drat is it an awesome one. Automobile magazine did a story on it.

The only picture I have of it in the wild is really lovely though. :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

doritos posted:

If you don't know anything about recumbents, don't run your mouth, thanks :)

I do though, I'm an ex bike mechanic of 15 years and there just aren't many of the tadpole/trike style being sold in the UK at all. Standard recumbents are far more common but they're still a real rarity to see.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

edit =! quote

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Woah woah woah, did this guy just talk poo poo about recumbent bikes? AW HEEEELLL NO *throws down gloves*

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

neckbeard posted:

I think Sidney, BC is where AI goes to retire. The town is overflowing with wealthy people in their 60s/70s and if you go out for even 10 minutes you're sure to see some kick-rear end automotive poo poo

saw this Citroen DS last night

I can vouch for this - I grew up in that town. Haha. Now, I live in the antithesis of that - Edmonton, AB, where you're either driving a bro truck, or wishing you owned a bro truck but haven't landed that sweet job in the oil patch yet. :ughh:

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Moxie Omen posted:

Did you see it move under its own power? You can't know for sure!

I saw it park under it's own power and the place it parked in front of was not an auto repair shop.

Simkin posted:

I can vouch for this - I grew up in that town. Haha. Now, I live in the antithesis of that - Edmonton, AB, where you're either driving a bro truck, or wishing you owned a bro truck but haven't landed that sweet job in the oil patch yet. :ughh:

Ha, I'm in Edmonton too, just out in Sidney visiting my mom for Thanksgiving.

DixielandDelight
Jul 23, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

Which ones could you take out?

Let me rephrase this - I know some run the cams and oil pump but what else is ran off of them?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

DixielandDelight posted:

Let me rephrase this - I know some run the cams and oil pump but what else is ran off of them?

He's saying that in order to drive the overhead cams, you have to reach to the top gears. In order to do that without huge gears that have lots of angular inertia, a series of smaller gears is used. Thus they are all necessary.

Herr FLSH
Feb 10, 2006

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Terrible Robot posted:

:saddowns: I just watched the movie a week ago too.
It looks like the same thing to me.

Herr FLSH
Feb 10, 2006

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

neckbeard posted:

Was it going "beep.... beep.... beep" at you slowly in the driving rain last night? Because I think I know whose car that is.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
We still posting 2CVs in the USA?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
God i need a 2CV. I had one years ago and it was just so much fun. But i have a kid on the way so theres really no money for it...still...gonna put a couple of bucks aside every month...maybe one day...

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority
Speaking of 2CVs...

I think this was posted in the old thread once before, but worth reposting. Best image to have ever surfaced from France.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

DixielandDelight posted:

I also like the dealership plates on that R8 :3:

Any particular reason? I will try and get better profile pictures of the car. It's got a great sound.

Also, there is a guy around here who daily drives his 850. I don't know how many days it is, but I saw him in it daily for a few weeks while he was working at a building near my house.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

:flashfap:

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

neckbeard posted:

I've posted this SV1 before, but last time I saw it, it didn't have a Lotus Seven next to it

Hmmm, these are in Sidney, BC, you say? My dad might be friends with the guy - I'll confirm this weekend. I'm not sure if the Bricklin is his, too, but the Lotus has likely been to a 'slalom' (autocross) or two.

Herr FLSH
Feb 10, 2006

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
BRB, taking the Missus to M&S, hopefully she won't buy too much.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
At a QA conference this past week in Anaheim so I shouldn't have been too surprised to see this. But 2 of them, when according to wiki only 1500 have made it to the US.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Shai-Hulud posted:

God i need a 2CV. I had one years ago and it was just so much fun. But i have a kid on the way so theres really no money for it...still...gonna put a couple of bucks aside every month...maybe one day...

You and I both (except I've never owned a 2CV). I'd totally rock a 2CV around OKC.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

YF19pilot posted:

You and I both (except I've never owned a 2CV). I'd totally rock a 2CV around OKC.

Strangely enough, I have seen one rocking around OKC. Saw it a couple weeks back on the NW Expressway, but couldn't get a shot.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I saw a Gallardo Superleggera on my way back home this afternoon.

(click to embiggen)

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

falz posted:

It looks like the same thing to me.

these are the Chevy Lumina APV / Oldsmobile Shilouette vans..

Definitely not a Toyota Previa.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Preoptopus posted:

One more

Let it sink in.

Day late and a dollar short, but is that also a Olds nailhead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

MetaJew posted:

I saw a Gallardo Superleggera on my way back home this afternoon.

(click to embiggen)

Random :spergin: moment, but what county is that inspection from? I haven't seen an orange one, only blue and green.