Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The News at 5
Dec 25, 2009

I'm Chance Everyman.
New "Killing Them Softly" posters. I love the throwback style on these:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

The News at 5 posted:

When I read about this movie I imagined a 70s vibe a la Friends Of Eddie Coyle, so this seems appropriate.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

NoneMoreNegative posted:

phonepostin', so no pic of The Rock hosing sweat out of every pore in Fast Five... Some severe all-body hyperhydrosis going on :o:

It looked like someone hit him with a water spritzer right before every take. You really don't appreciate the Rock until you've see him make Vin Diesel look like a puny mantoy in his own movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The News at 5 posted:

I'm not sure what it says about me that the first thought in my mind on seeing this one was "oh hey, they instagramed it."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That one would probably look better if it was just the title and finger-gun art and not the sepia toned cast pictures.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

muscles like this? posted:

That one would probably look better if it was just the title and finger-gun art and not the sepia toned cast pictures.

You are wrong

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Here's the International poster.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron, plus Voldemort and the Deatheaters down below.
:effort:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Lautner and Patterson look like their characters have 47+ chromosomes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Lautner looks like somebody is aiming a flashlight as his left temple and his right temple.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Stewart looks like she's in that split second where she's just smelled a fart but the offensive smell hasn't fully registered yet.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The cloaked guys look like they just realized they got the wrong address.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Vagabundo posted:

Stewart looks like she's in that split second where she's just smelled a fart but the offensive smell hasn't fully registered yet.
My wife has called her 'the fart smeller' since the first of these movies.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Trump posted:

You are wrong

Yeah, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that first poster. The third one's pretty good too, the second... is "okay". The first is excellent though, I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

falz posted:

My wife has called her 'the fart smeller' since the first of these movies.

Yep, she absolutely employs Joey's "smell the fart acting" from Friends.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The News at 5 posted:

There were others released earlier in the week:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Those three aren't the greatest, but I'm still loving the 1970's font in the first of that series.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

What the hell is that weird alien in the sunglasses.

Alhazred posted:

He kinda did, only in comic book form. A lot of the ideas and designs for Dune were used in his comic book the Metabarons:

This is the best gun I've ever seen.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yodzilla posted:

What the hell is that weird alien in the sunglasses.

This is the best gun I've ever seen.

Basically a Magnum with the ornate stylings of a Renaissance-era hand cannon:

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Old poster, found it pretty hilarious.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Jefferoo posted:

Old poster, found it pretty hilarious.

The Johnny Gat Story

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Serj Tankian does movies now?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ominous Jazz posted:

Serj Tankian does movies now?

Yes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2177306/

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Wow, it's official, Doctor Who has ruined any and all references to the Statue of Liberty for me, it's too hilarious now.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

a radii hike posted:

There were others released earlier in the week:

That font makes it look like a lovely paperback from the 1970s.

SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE!

Starring GEORGE SEGAL!

Title song by EMMYLOU HARRIS!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Lets talk about a Good Poster

Created by David Fincher. He's also directing two of 13 episodes, all of which will go live on Netflix at once on February 1st. I for one am pretty fuckin psyched.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Fayez Butts posted:

Created by David Fincher. He's also directing two of 13 episodes, all of which will go live on Netflix at once on February 1st. I for one am pretty fuckin psyched.

Oh man am I out of the loop, Fincher and Spacey? gently caress yes

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Wait, that's a David Fincher thing? I already knew it existed in some form or another (remembered the hubbub about Netflix making their own content) but I had no clue he was involved. :aaa:

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

WickedIcon posted:

Wait, that's a David Fincher thing? I already knew it existed in some form or another (remembered the hubbub about Netflix making their own content) but I had no clue he was involved. :aaa:

He seems to be super into that stuff - I remember that he was one of the brains behind the BMW short films, back when professional web-only content was just a twinkle in filmmakers' eyes.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Fayez Butts posted:

I presume he had bad luck opening a container of barbecue sauce?

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

What's it about? Kevin Spacey as a corrupt politican?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Also, the Killing Me Softly posters are largely great. It's nice to see a campaign with a consistent and well executed style that doesn't look like it was micro managed by agents and executives. If it was, then the designer(s) deserve even more praise.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
If that House of Cards has anything to do with the UK series from around 20 years ago it will definitely be worth watching. That was an outstanding show.

Also, a really good poster.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Cartoon Man posted:

Here's the International poster.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron, plus Voldemort and the Deatheaters down below.
:effort:

Whoa, Pattinson looks downright monstrous there. He's somewhere between Frankenstein's monster and Nosferatu. Gotta give this poster props for emphasizing the "he is the gruesome living dead" angle. This whole thing really reminds me of those weird tableaus of stuffed animals in clothes that people used to make.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Slasherfan posted:

Those aren't even the ones I saw, I took a picture on my phone so sorry it doesn't look great.

I know this is from a few weeks ago, but man, how did they make Kirsten Stewart look like Ali Larter?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

spamman posted:

If that House of Cards has anything to do with the UK series from around 20 years ago it will definitely be worth watching.

You might well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

spamman posted:

If that House of Cards has anything to do with the UK series from around 20 years ago it will definitely be worth watching. That was an outstanding show.

Also, a really good poster.

I wonder if them going twelve parts means they're going to focus on the original series or adapt and incorporate "To Play The King" and "The Final Cut" as well.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Young Freud posted:

I wonder if them going twelve parts means they're going to focus on the original series or adapt and incorporate "To Play The King" and "The Final Cut" as well.

Probably the latter, but it does get a little ridiculous when you get into them.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

Oh man am I out of the loop, Fincher and Spacey? gently caress yes
My thoughts exactly. I can't believe those two never did anything together since Se7en. Also my country's getting Netflix this year/early next year so gently caress yeah.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shanty posted:

Whoa, Pattinson looks downright monstrous there. He's somewhere between Frankenstein's monster and Nosferatu. Gotta give this poster props for emphasizing the "he is the gruesome living dead" angle. This whole thing really reminds me of those weird tableaus of stuffed animals in clothes that people used to make.

If I thought it was all intentional I'd give them props as well, but I really, really doubt it was that instead of just a lovely rush photoshop job because no one involved actually gives a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Every one of those quotes is indistinguishable from the real thing and this person spent more time and effort coming up with poop jokes than any floating head photoshop artist.