Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

From her responses on Twitter, I think Jessica St. Clair might actually be working on doing a Womp Up The Jamz podcast. Even if it's a one off Earwolf Presents I can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I kind of think I might get tired of the character if she had her own weekly podcast. Parham and a weekly guest or two might be able to prevent that.

It's not just Wompler, I think I'd be wary of any character being the host of a podcast.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Bob ducca did it.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I hope we get a show with Marissa and Seth on together. He really is a caring step-dad.

I am imagining Seth as either Adam Scott or Seth Morris

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Bob ducca did it.

First Name Bob, Last Name Ducca, Will You Be My Friend?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lord Wexia posted:

I hope we get a show with Marissa and Seth on together. He really is a caring step-dad.

I am imagining Seth as either Adam Scott or Seth Morris

That's funny because I picture Seth Romatelli.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Marrisa and the King of Crying would be amazing. I can only imagine how upset she would be at bob's lists.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Al! posted:

I have no words to describe how incredible that would be.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Lord Wexia posted:

I have no words to describe how incredible that would be.

And it actually make the story about Listler and him standing at the fridge for hours make complete sense.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jessica tweeted a couple days ago that she recorded another episode of CBB with Judd Apatow that won't be coming out until sometime in November. So it won't be long before the Womp is back again.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I'm cool with more Wompler, she and Scott have good chemistry. If Adomian was involved in some way it'd be one of the greatest episodes ever.

Now where's that fabled comedy D&D podcast Aukerman?!

Edit: drat phone.

Lugaloco fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 8, 2012

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Bob Ducca and Marissa Wompler together would be amazing. Or Don Dimello and Marissa Wompler. That would probably make that lady who left the iTunes review complaining about Scott hitting on his 15 year old intern call the cops.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Deadpool posted:

Jessica tweeted a couple days ago that she recorded another episode of CBB with Judd Apatow that won't be coming out until sometime in November. So it won't be long before the Womp is back again.
Don't forget they tape a year in advance so it won't be until November 2013 :(

e: I was taking a walk and re-listening to the lates Amy Poehler episode and it struck me, why the gently caress hasn't Chris Pratt been on the podcast yet? That guy is amazingly funny and watching the blooper reels from Parks, also great at improv.

You guys with twitter, make this happen, as deals on twitter are sacrosanct.

e2: ^^^^^^^ Hahaha holy poo poo, Don Dimello and Marissa Wompler would lead to an FBI crackdown on Earwolf.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 7, 2012

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Al! posted:

What happened to Jeffrey? :ohdear:

(That would be AMAZING though)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tonight's episode features Paul Scheer and three people I'm completely unfamiliar with in Adam Devine, Kay Cannon, and Hana Mae Lee. That's a lot of first timers. Hope it goes well.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Adam and Hana are in Pitch Perfect (Kay Cannon wrote it), and Adam is also a co-star and co-creator of a show called Workaholics. Workaholics is great.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I want Wittels. It's been too long.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

I want Wittels. It's been too long.

Creak, Slam, Sit

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Haha, Scheer is playing Scott Jeffries again. Time to Ride Like Hell!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Politicalrancor posted:

Creak, Slam, Sit

He's probably busy doing the lion's share of the hiring and firing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well, Paul did his best to carry that episode but the other three guests weren't that great.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Deadpool posted:

Well, Paul did his best to carry that episode but the other three guests weren't that great.

Agreed, Paul and the plugs theme song did their best.

I am hoping that this was a favor to Banksy and not a trend.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Really? I thought Adam was alright, especially towards the end. I'd like to see him back with different guests, maybe a Bro-Down with Samberg and Bro.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Yeah this episode wasn't terrible, but i would say it was pretty lackluster. A 14 week streak of great episodes is pretty awesome though (last episode i didn't love was Tony Clifton).

I know Scott mentioned more TV people coming up in the next couple weeks, and I generally like the famous guests, but i think a "fan favorite" episode is in order. A new combo like Mantzoukas & PFT, or Ben Scwartz & Chelsea Peretti, Adam Scott & Nick Kroll, something along those lines.

Also, isn't it sort of strange that Pete Holmes has never been on CBB? All his friends have been on, and he lives in LA. He kinda drives me nuts but he has great guests on his show and overall it's a pretty good podcast.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Politicalrancor posted:

Creak, Slam, Sit

Scott did a Creak, Slam, Sit callback at the live show and there was a literal applause break for it. God I love that episode.

LeaningFizz
Apr 9, 2003

I thought Adam and Kay were pretty good, but Hana Mae Lee was pretty embarrassing. Best part was when Scott couldn't hide his disbelief at her being a standup comic. Worst part was whenever Hana would pretend to be a racist Korean lady.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

LeaningFizz posted:

I thought Adam and Kay were pretty good, but Hana Mae Lee was pretty embarrassing. Best part was when Scott couldn't hide his disbelief at her being a standup comic. Worst part was whenever Hana would pretend to be a racist Korean lady.

I haven't listened to the episode yet, but based on the front page review the creators really dislike Asian people.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco

Cast No Engine posted:

I know Scott mentioned more TV people coming up in the next couple weeks, and I generally like the famous guests, but i think a "fan favorite" episode is in order. A new combo like Mantzoukas & PFT, or Ben Scwartz & Chelsea Peretti, Adam Scott & Nick Kroll, something along those lines.

There has to be an Adam Scott and Jon Hamm episode for The Greatest Event in Television History.

In a perfect world, Harris Wittels would be there, too.

Arstan fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 9, 2012

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

LeaningFizz posted:

Hah, yeah he seemed surprised at that, and even moreso when she said that she played in LA. Pretty sure that's bullshit if the Choctaw hasn't heard of you.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Hah, yeah he seemed surprised at that, and even moreso when she said that she played in LA. Pretty sure that's bullshit if the Choctaw hasn't heard of you.

She said The Comedy Store, yes it's a great venue, but uhh she didn't say which room. The Belly Room is a super small room upstairs and it seats like 15 people, but it is at The Comedy Store. Flappers is in Burbank and isn't really a cool place to play if you're not headlining.

Funny story about the comedy store? I saw Mark Valley of Human Target, Fringe and Boston Legal have 10 people laugh at his jokes after my friend who's been doing comedy for 3 months killed. The Comedy Store ain't poo poo.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Isn't that the one owned by Pauly Shore's mom?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I'm still not going to see Pitch Perfect.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Randomly doing asian stereotype voice and talking about massages was awkward.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

soggybagel posted:

If someone found her act I'd be willing to bet it's just 100% impersonations like that. Should've gotten Banksy instead or Anna Kendrick but they were probably too busy.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

soggybagel posted:

Seriously, I would be listening and it is going a long just fine and then it would just get awkward. How did she think that was going to go over.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah! I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not when she first did an asian-accented thing, and no one laughed so I still wasn't sure. The rest of the episode was still pretty good, though, cuz of Scott Jeffries, and the other people didn't seem demure or lame- even if they weren't funny, they were at least up for the show, which is better than some other guests have conducted themselves.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

UP AND ADAM posted:

Yeah! I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not when she first did an asian-accented thing, and no one laughed so I still wasn't sure. The rest of the episode was still pretty good, though, cuz of Scott Jeffries, and the other people didn't seem demure or lame- even if they weren't funny, they were at least up for the show, which is better than some other guests have conducted themselves.

Ride Like Hell

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

Ride Like Hell

Despicableme2

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I don't really like that Scheer character so this was a pretty boring episode for me! It's the first episode I didn't finish listening to in a long time. Probably since that Ed Helms/Seth Morris episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Max22 posted:

Despicableme2

TED!

That was extremely bliminal.