Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://www.thebucketheadshow.com/player/?station=TBHS-IP&program_name=podcast&program_id=Guests.xml&mid=22520899
Bully Ray interview where he talks about Punk punching that fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Arbite posted:

I think this is the first time in a while I'm looking forward to a Todd show.

Well, the first 15 minutes were interesting, anyway.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Hulu plus is a waste of money because Bryan can just DVR Raw and Smackdown

wrestling bubble :allears:

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
AOW with Justin Roberts is a great interview. I knew he was a WWE fan, but not that he was some kind of crazy superfan with an impeccable memory for wrestling events. The Fink phone number story is a good one.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Even if you hate Todd, you should listen to the last 15 minutes to hear his review of Dirty Dick Slater's book.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Frilled Lizard posted:

AOW with Justin Roberts is a great interview. I knew he was a WWE fan, but not that he was some kind of crazy superfan with an impeccable memory for wrestling events. The Fink phone number story is a good one.
Yeah that was a really good episode.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Hulu plus is a waste of money because Bryan can just DVR Raw and Smackdown

wrestling bubble :allears:

Eh he did say he got it for the WWE content and it wasn't worth it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Six new entrants to the Hall of Fame, issue due out in November.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

Six new entrants to the Hall of Fame, issue due out in November.

Who were some strong candidates this year? I thought I heard that Lesnar, Cena, Edge, and Batista were all eligible this year.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Not Big Daddy, that's for sure.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raeg posted:

Not Big Daddy, that's for sure.

I imagine a tag team is taking up two of those spots, but that is a large class and could indicate someone like Big Daddy (or Sting) got in.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

deadkiller615 posted:

Hey Dolph Ziggler was on a podcast with someone who doesn't know about wrestling and then a goon jumps in mid-way through, a good listen http://feralaudio.com/22-wwes-dolph-ziggler-feat-max-landis/

This is really great. Mostly because of Dolph, but also because the dude who jumps in is how I imagine any goon would act in the situation.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Who were some strong candidates this year? I thought I heard that Lesnar, Cena, Edge, and Batista were all eligible this year.
Edge and Batista have been eligible for a while.
The big new names are Cena, Lesnar, and Tanahashi.
Tanahashi might get in but Cena is probably hosed since his whole case is based on being the top draw in a terrible down period.

I'd bet the new entrants are all guys who fell just short in 2011. Hans Schmidt, Assassins, Captain Lou, Carlos Colon, and Mick McManus.

I'm really curious how Lesnar does and if anyone buys Dave's argument that he should get in for drawing more wrestling fans to PPV than anyone else in the last decade.

Also the annual competition to see who can generate the most controversy from falling 20 points short of the required 60%. :wcw:

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
John Cena's got a way better chance of getting in than Tanahashi. It's not even close.

I mean seriously, being the top guy in a down period? And this applies only to John Cena and not to Tanahashi because...

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I think Cena's pretty much a lock. There's no reason outside of elitist smarkism that he shouldn't be in.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Edge and Batista have been eligible for a while.
The big new names are Cena, Lesnar, and Tanahashi.
Tanahashi might get in but Cena is probably hosed since his whole case is based on being the top draw in a terrible down period.

I'd bet the new entrants are all guys who fell just short in 2011. Hans Schmidt, Assassins, Captain Lou, Carlos Colon, and Mick McManus.

I'm really curious how Lesnar does and if anyone buys Dave's argument that he should get in for drawing more wrestling fans to PPV than anyone else in the last decade.

Also the annual competition to see who can generate the most controversy from falling 20 points short of the required 60%. :wcw:

I made an argument why Cena shouldn't be in, but he definitely got in. I think someone died this year who was close last year so whoever that was will get in.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
I think it's Cena for sure, Schmidt and Assassins because they were so close last year, Colon and McManus because they were close and are in regions that makes it easier to get in and then the 6th I'm not sure on. Tanahashi? A super old historical candidate that Dave pushed through?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lloyd Boner posted:

John Cena's got a way better chance of getting in than Tanahashi. It's not even close.

I mean seriously, being the top guy in a down period? And this applies only to John Cena and not to Tanahashi because...
It's far easier to get in from Japan and Tanahashi is a good worker.

MassRayPer posted:

I made an argument why Cena shouldn't be in, but he definitely got in. I think someone died this year who was close last year so whoever that was will get in.
That was Schmidt who was already at 58%.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
What was Red Bastien at last year? He probably got a death boost as well.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It's far easier to get in from Japan and Tanahashi is a good worker.

There have been 4 people in from the US the past 5 years (Rock,Midnight Express, Rey, Jericho.) 2 from Japan, and one of those was posthumous (Steve Williams.) If you go back to 2006 it is even at 5/5, but I really doubt any region will induct 3 people at the same time again. It is even harder for people from Japan's post-90s scene to get in. There is no way anyone like Nagata, Tenzan, Kojima, or Akiyama is getting in, so it makes the case harder for Tanahashi.

Man-Thing
Apr 29, 2011

Whatever knows fear
BURNS at the touch
We beat Bryan and Dave to the punch again with a Bound for Glory show!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Man-Thing posted:

We beat Bryan and Dave to the punch again with a Bound for Glory show!
We start out with a nice B&V call-out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I know posting Observer excerpts is MRP's gimmick, but this bit from the 95 Observer on ECW is just so great.

quote:

Tod Gordon wasn't around, at least as a participant, at either show this weekend. Bill Alfonso wasn't around either, although he's on a family vacation in Europe which they're eventually going to put into the storyline and they were claiming that Rob Feinstein, his personal videographer, was taping the shows so Alfonso could reverse decisions when he gets back. The Feinstein situation is really amazing. The background of all this is that when the company ran into its problems paying the bills, apparently when Gordon largely bailed out of funding it, Feinstein was owed $5,200. Lots of people involved with merchandise were owed money at that point and some still are. Feinstein, who handled videos for the company, was told he'd be paid back the money in monthly installments, which up until the beginning of this month was taking place. Last month Heyman introduced him on television and at the arenas as a heel character basically blaming him for the ECW videotape end of the business being disorganized, tapes being sent out late, poor quality of tapes and used it as an angle. As it all has turned out, as a shoot, Feinstein quit as tape distributor on 8/7 because his monthly installment due 8/1 never came and ECW had actually increased its debt to him to $6,000 rather than cutting the debt down. Heyman had already turned him strong heel and switched the heat to him for people whose videos took a long time in arriving for whatever reason with his audience. In fact, on 8/4 at Jim Thorpe, PA, Feinstein, wearing a neck brace, started insulting the crowd. 911 came out but Feinstein said he had a neck brace on. 911 then ripped off the neckbrace and choke slammed him anyway. They wound up getting Feinstein's pants off and giving him a wedgie and Heyman started telling small dick jokes while the crowd chanted similar things. During the Public Enemy vs. Gangstas match on that show, Rocco Rock tried to throw New Jack over a balcony which is on a cliff.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
The guy who writes the F4W/WO Raw Reports is great.

This Rob McCarron fellow posted:

Big Show out to open, mocking the people who tell him to watch out for the Brogue Kick. He says Sheamus is in over his head regarding the title match at Hell in a Cell. Big Show challenged Daniel Bryan, in an attempt to erase his forty-five second title loss last year to Bryan out of everyone's memory. Daniel Bryan, along with Kane and many others, was watching on a screen backstage and said he wouldn't accept the challenge. AJ, dressed like she was seconds away from going down on James Deen, forced him to wrestle, while Kane laughed at him.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE TEN COUNT EPISODE 3

"GOD DAMNIT" THE EPISODE
Starring: Nut Bunnies, Kung Fu Grip, Me, MassRayPer & The Goog

This one is real rocky!!! The Intro is VERY OBNOXIOUS! Nut Bunnies fixes his mic but now he is the LOUDEST of the group!!! I think Question 4 is the best myself personally. Expect better audio quality than the 2nd episode. Expect me to say "God Damnit" about 3000 times in this episode also. As far as the show???? Well I hope you enjoy it.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 16, 2012

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dave Meltzer was being super judgmental tonight. I liked it!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
If this episode had Dave going off on a history of wrestling tangent, it would have been the perfect encapsulation of his podcast personality. Amazing.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Arbite posted:

Dave Meltzer was being super judgmental tonight. I liked it!
I like that he started that whole thing with "I like David Otunga" but then ends with "What the hell is he thinking?!"

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I've got an interesting topic for the Ten Count:

What is the worst match you've ever seen live?

Living in Oklahoma, I have seen some stinkers. One that comes to mind is Test vs D'Lo Brown. It was so bad they had to tape it again after Raw was finished.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
This weeks MLW podcast is pretty good. MVP has some interesting things to say in his interview. Konnan's great at getting dudes to open up and dish some dirt.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HulkaMatt posted:

THE TEN COUNT EPISODE 3

"GOD DAMNIT" THE EPISODE
Starring: Nut Bunnies, Kung Fu Grip, Me, MassRayPer & The Goog

This one is real rocky!!! The Intro is VERY OBNOXIOUS! Nut Bunnies fixes his mic but now he is the LOUDEST of the group!!! I think Question 4 is the best myself personally. Expect better audio quality than the 2nd episode. Expect me to say "God Damnit" about 3000 times in this episode also. As far as the show???? Well I hope you enjoy it.

I should probably listen to this so I can pinpoint what made me decide that the Ryback needs to win the belt and face the Rock.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Space Cob posted:

The guy who writes the F4W/WO Raw Reports is great.
Related Observer quote about a Hogan interview.

quote:

Stern noted that if Hogan would give his consent to allowing the tape to the be marketed by Vivid Video (which is run by a long time wrestling fan)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't think I have ever heard Dave more excited about announcing than declaring Nigel is "so loving awesome!"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Hahah yeah that was great. Nigel is a really terrific color guy, though. I'm not so high on Kevin Kelly but he's alright.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRayPer posted:

I don't think I have ever heard Dave more excited about announcing than declaring Nigel is "so loving awesome!"

THAT caught me off guard.

sexy_trash
Jul 4, 2008

WH2K IS JERICHO

Jelq the Sanem posted:

I've got an interesting topic for the Ten Count:

What is the worst match you've ever seen live?

Living in Oklahoma, I have seen some stinkers. One that comes to mind is Test vs D'Lo Brown. It was so bad they had to tape it again after Raw was finished.

I would love to chime in on this. I was at New Blood Rising 2000 in Vancouver AND watched Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon at WM26..

This 10 count episode has been incredibly enjoyable.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

MassRayPer posted:

Do not forget the 10 minute or so sperg on Otunga.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Highlight of the new B&V is Bryan giggling every time Vinny says Al Snow went to get Head.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRayPer posted:

His bit on Kevin Steen was so loving depressing on the other hand :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Thauros posted:

His bit on Kevin Steen was so loving depressing on the other hand :(

What did he say

• Locked thread