Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Though I wish they were. Dan Marino is so loving annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Another bad opinion from you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa9LNPwZIGA

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

I like that post. I don't care if it was made up or not it made me smile when I read it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The top comment is amazing

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Booblord Zagats posted:

The top comment is amazing

Monster :iceburn: everyone go home.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

quote:

Be honest. After watching Brady over the last 2 years failing to get it done, missing clutch throws even with the SB on the line, playing not to get hit against the Cards at home, playing like a broken old man on the decline Sunday in Seattle....

If you had the chance to pick your franchise QB for the next 10 years, who would you pick? Tom Brady or Mark Sanchez? Those are your only choices.

I bet all my V-money Belicheck would grab Sanchez in a NE heart beat.

Jets fans...

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

There's delusional and then there's...this.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I just spent 8 hours watching a grown man masturbate into his clothes while telling everyone they're going to hell or heaven depending on his mood. I'm pretty sure he is more cognizant than that fan.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

Chichevache posted:

I just spent 8 hours watching a grown man masturbate into his clothes while telling everyone they're going to hell or heaven depending on his mood. I'm pretty sure he is more cognizant than that fan.

Other than that, how was the Glenn Beck rally?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Other than that, how was the Glenn Beck rally?

:golfclap:

I work at a psychiatric ward that holds 5150s and due to HIPAA I can not discuss Mr. Beck's status. His status is "sticky."

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

quote:

Name 12 teams better than the Ravens.

quote:

New England, Philadelphia, Green Bay, Dallas, NYG, Washington, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, San Francisco. 10 here I can name that are certainly better. Ones right around the same that are hard to say are Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Denver, SD, Seattle, St Louis, Miami, NYJ.

Oh, sorry...from other forums.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Oh, sorry...from other forums.
[/quote]

Washington is better than Baltimore and Seattle y'all. You heard it hear on TFF first.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

wrong thread

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Chichevache posted:

:golfclap:

I work at a psychiatric ward that holds 5150s and due to HIPAA I can not discuss Mr. Beck's status. His status is "sticky."

Somehow I blocked out the "Glenn" and thought you were referring to John Beck and so much made sense.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

:stonk:

There are people like this?

I mean free, out in public, not under the strict care of mental health professionals?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What's "V Money"?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

What's "V Money"?

No idea. I'm guessing its virtual money. Since everyone on the internet is worth millions.

Where as in real life they make $9.75 an hour flipping burgers.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That's a ton of money to flip burgers my god

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Do you get free burgers too? If so, I'm down.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

That's a ton of money to flip burgers my god

In California that is practically minimum wage in some places.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I used to get paid $7 an hour to make Jimmy John's sandwiches. I hated being moved inside because as a delivery driver I would get around $15-20 an hour.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Crazy? He a house cat now. aint right....

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You ain't messin with a G no mo'

(I have no idea if I got the right reference)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

On Mark Sanchez:

quote:

Are you saying that one of the Mannings would do better with an average offensive line, a below average running game and a below average bunch of young receivers? Really?

JESUS CHRIST YES. PLEASE GIVE THE JETS EITHER ONE OF THE MANNINGS.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

You could just rename this thread TheGangGreen/JetsInsider Repost Station. Austin Howard aside, the line has been pretty good in pass protection. Half the sacks yesterday were on Sanchez being really dumb.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ozu posted:

You could just rename this thread TheGangGreen/JetsInsider Repost Station. Austin Howard aside, the line has been pretty good in pass protection. Half the sacks yesterday were on Sanchez being really dumb.

I honestly would've been happier if the Jets had lost on a Sanchez INT in overtime yesterday. But the stupid rear end in a top hat couldn't even chuck the ball away when it was clear nothing was going to develop. Another fumble in OT is just so maddening.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 22, 2012

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
A well known Jets fan posted this.

quote:

I'd prefer Sanchez over all the rookies except RG3 because he's clearly more clutch

When brought up his terrible performance last night, he said this

quote:

he didn't choke at all, he was carrying our offense on the road in the toughest building to win in for an opposing team in the league. he led us back from 10 down late, he gave us a chance to win. His performance yesterday was better than any Hennehill has had this year.

He calls Tannehill "Hennehill" and he says that Sanchez is still elite.

NYJunC you are a gem.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

quote:

he didn't choke at all, he was carrying our offense on the road in the toughest building to win in for an opposing team in the league.

The toughest building. In the league. Really?! What criteria did he use to arrive to that conclusion?

Also, the last time I checked, fumbling the goddamned ball away in overtime doesn't qualify as "giving us a chance to win."

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The same criteria that allows him to call Sanchez better than Tom Brady at this very moment, because Sanchez has had more playoff "upsets" than Brady has in recent years.

Sheer insanity

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It should be pretty obviously that Fireman Ed has suffered severe brain damage in his life. He also doesn't drink so that rules that out.

@FiremanEd42
9of10 td get the ball back after fumblewth 2:06 left 1st down n sparano puts Tebow in r u FN kidding me drop pass hill n its #6fault bullsht

When u tweet me about Sanchez knocking him,have some football knowledge were u watching clueless trade Tebow its obvious its Marks team anuf

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

quote:

New York fans, in general, are much too prone toward overgenerous effusiveness when their teams win and jumping off the ledge (the higher the better) when they lose. On reflection, I've seen much more positive in the Jets since the SF game than the opposite. The Pats game was maddening most because of the several plays (not even most of which were Sanchez's) that--had they gone the other way--the game would've easily gone with them. Blown coverage on a kickoff, a dropped interception late, a dropped pass late... all these would've resulted in a Jet win had they not happened and all took place without any help or miscue from Mr. Sanchez. Time will tell whether I'm right, but I see this team as a whole starting to turn a corner and emerging into one capable of winning any game it plays, depleted of established talent as it is. Every game is replete with mistakes, misses and miscues. It is only the New York fan, it seems, that think perfect football is possible. Stay the course.

So basically the Jets would have won had they not completely hosed up the game, and also if all the good plays that happened to the Pats had happened to them. Good to know.

STAY THE COURSE.

Even New York Times Jets fans are morons.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 22, 2012

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm too surly today to go to Patsfans, but pretend I did and posted everything from threads titled things like: This team is officially depressing

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Kalli posted:

I'm too surly today to go to Patsfans, but pretend I did and posted everything from threads titled things like: This team is officially depressing

I ventured over there to HBO you, saw two threads titled "Branch - Not getting it done" and "Lloyd is great", then promptly closed the tab.

This is what happens when I try to do something nice. gently caress all y'all.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
This isn't a "horrible post" in the traditional sense, but I like to see what other teams' fans and press say about the Texans leading up to games which has given us gems like "Fexans".

Here's part of a prediction from the Ravens' SB Nation blog:

quote:

All this adds up to a Ravens loss, perhaps by double digits, right? Sorry, but the NFL just does not work that way. . . .

Baltimore usually plays either up or down to their level of competition. Sunday's competition will have them playing up to the level of Houston. Ray Rice is by far the toughest multipurpose player they'll face this year. Torrey Smith is a threat. Anquan Boldin can take over a game and Dennis Pitta has as sure a pair of hands as anyone.

Ray Rice: 9 carries for 42 yards, 5 catches for 12 yards

Torrey Smith: 4 catches for 41 yards on 13 targets

Anquan Boldin: 3 catches for 24 yards on 8 targets (covered by :siren:Kareem Jackson:siren:)

Dennis Pitta: 5 catches for 33 yards on 8 targets

drat it feels good to have a defense.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

haljordan posted:

The toughest building. In the league. Really?! What criteria did he use to arrive to that conclusion?

Also, the last time I checked, fumbling the goddamned ball away in overtime doesn't qualify as "giving us a chance to win."
I'm guessing it's just based on the Patriots home record in the recent past.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Danica! posted:

I ventured over there to HBO you, saw two threads titled "Branch - Not getting it done" and "Lloyd is great", then promptly closed the tab.

This is what happens when I try to do something nice. gently caress all y'all.
It's probably for the best you backed out on the thread titles.

quote:

Fear has this song called "New York's alright"
in it there is a lyric
if you like gay saxophone players

In the spirit of the above,
I'm going to say this about Brandon Floyd
Brandon Floyd is alright
if you like tons of dropped passes

Ticonderoguy
Feb 10, 2011
I wonder what volnation is up to?

From one of the many Jon Gruden threads:

volnation posted:

If hiring Gruden doesn't sexually arouse you, turn in your VFL card, sir

From a general football discussion thread:

volnation posted:

Did anyone else hear this exchange on MNF?

Mike Tirico said "It is good to have Coach Gruden with us at least for the time being." Gruden said "I'm very excited."

Go Vols!

There's also a thread titled: The Official Jon Gruden MNF wardrobe and body language thread

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Ticonderoguy posted:

I wonder what volnation is up to?

There's also a thread titled: The Official Jon Gruden MNF wardrobe and body language thread

To be fair this thread would probably get a lot of serious replies here.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I know Im constantly posting this guy but I cant get over it.

About this week's matchup vs Miami

quote:

if we play the way we have been playing we'll win.
:stare:
I cant believe someone actually watches Jets games and thinks "FINALLY! This team is AWESOME!"

quote:

he carried our O on his back w/ no run game, we had a chance b/c of him. he handed our D a lead in the final minutes.

quote:

spite all that had a great chance to beat a top team. Our team is getting better every week, should ahve won yesterday but an effort like that against Miami at home would be good enough for a 10 pt+ win.

You heard it here, folks. Sanchez is the cog that keeps that machine driving. Also, if they play like they did against New England they'll easily beat Miami by double digits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Is this the place to whine about the people we know on FB and the idiots that they in turn know?

:ughh:

• Locked thread