Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Thermos H Christ posted:

I hadn't heard the coke habit thing but I've heard multiple showbiz people on podcasts talk about how he is a truly horrible human being. Nobody seems to want to give out specific examples but it seems like it's generally agreed he's a huge rear end in a top hat. So I guess I wouldn't be too surprised to learn he's a stereotypical coke-fueled egomaniac with a short fuse.

The one that I heard was John Cusack was pretty good friends with him, getting him parts in movies like Say Anything. When Entourage exploded in popularity he told Cusack to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Timett posted:

I don't like the tagline on that Cirque de Soleil movie.

Cirque de Soleil: Worlds Away "experience the adventure that will take you worlds away"

I'm no professional but repeating "worlds away" so much just sounds clunky to me.

Still not as bad as the Clash of the Titans (remake) tagline: Titans will clash.

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002
Latest Mondo bunch:

Shan Jiang - The Lord of the Rings

Todd Slater - Treebeard

Mike Mitchell - The Iron Giant

Tom Whalen - Foghorn Leghorn

Jay Shaw - Paranormal Activity

I picked up the Foghorn Leghorn to go along with my Merry Melodies "What's Opera, Doc?"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

It's not a poster but while I was traveling this past weekend I saw a pretty effective billboard.

The Paranormal Activity 4 folks had taken out two spots on a digital billboard (the kind that cycle through a half dozen or so ads)

The first was a shot of a bedroom you know, whatever. The second immediately following was the shot with a spooooky ghost in it!

It's not something that's ever been done before, I don't think. Thought it was neat.

Honeydew
Nov 27, 2005

That's a very nice jaffa cake you have there

Sockser posted:

It's not a poster but while I was traveling this past weekend I saw a pretty effective billboard.

The Paranormal Activity 4 folks had taken out two spots on a digital billboard (the kind that cycle through a half dozen or so ads)

The first was a shot of a bedroom you know, whatever. The second immediately following was the shot with a spooooky ghost in it!

It's not something that's ever been done before, I don't think. Thought it was neat.

Just reading this gave me the shivers!

Sgt_Grumbles
Jan 10, 2006
STG. GRUUUUUUMMBLES!
New posters for Django Unchained:

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

Sgt_Grumbles posted:

The fourth one over has pores everywhere except on his nose.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Chwoka posted:

They don't call him Samuel "Smoothnose" L. Jackson for nothing.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

DKWildz posted:

Todd Slater - Treebeard

Why are there raccoons in his hand instead of Hobbits?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chwoka posted:

Whoever that last one is has been airbrushed to oblivion.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Don't you know that pretty women shouldn't have wrinkles

or pores

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Jedit posted:

Whoever that last one is has been airbrushed to oblivion.

Kerry Washington doesn't need airbrushing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hroom, hm, come, my friends. The Ents are going to the campground trashcans!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The extended cuts are weird.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Sgt_Grumbles posted:

These are so unexciting, and lack any personality or style whatsoever. It's just, "Here's some people who acted in the movie! Come see it!"

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Argo's official poster is quite generic but I like this one

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sgt_Grumbles posted:

What is it with Hollywood and terrible old-person makeup as of late? Black Snake Moan did a better job making Jackson look older.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

These are so unexciting, and lack any personality or style whatsoever. It's just, "Here's some people who acted in the movie! Come see it!"

Every big movie seems to get these individual character posters now, with the actors just standing around in generally neutral poses. It's boring as heck.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

DKWildz posted:

Latest Mondo bunch:

Shan Jiang - The Lord of the Rings

Todd Slater - Treebeard

Tom Whalen - Foghorn Leghorn

Jay Shaw - Paranormal Activity

I picked up the Foghorn Leghorn to go along with my Merry Melodies "What's Opera, Doc?"

Minus the Par4normal Activity ones, these are the ones from NYCC (also missing is the Kill Bill one and the Shaun of the Dead one which was amazing and sold out before Saturday).

I got the Iron Giant yellow non-variant, and it looks incredible. It's seriously so well made.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Farbtoner posted:

What is it with Hollywood and terrible old-person makeup as of late? Black Snake Moan did a better job making Jackson look older.

Well, given that it's Tarantino it's entirely possible that highly stylized look is intentional.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The blue Treebeard poster is still available. I don't particularly like it, but worth it as an investment maybe? I'm going to be camped out on the site waiting for that black lagoon poster though. Looks amazing

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

The blue Treebeard poster is still available. I don't particularly like it, but worth it as an investment maybe? I'm going to be camped out on the site waiting for that black lagoon poster though. Looks amazing

No. Almost literally no one bought them at NYCC, and the fact that there are still some left means there is no interest in it. You're not going to make more than a few dollars off of profit unless it somehow becomes a collector's item because no one bought it.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Even though the Mondo posters are likely to be a good investment, it's rarely a good idea to purchase art speculatively that you don't particularly like.

edit. ^^^ Or maybe that particular one isn't even a good investment.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

GonSmithe posted:

No. Almost literally no one bought them at NYCC, and the fact that there are still some left means there is no interest in it. You're not going to make more than a few dollars off of profit unless it somehow becomes a collector's item because no one bought it.

Yup, what I suspected. It's pretty rubbish. C'mon black lagoon

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Farbtoner posted:

This is only because Ossie Davis is dead.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Maarak posted:

Even though the Mondo posters are likely to be a good investment, it's rarely a good idea to purchase art speculatively that you don't particularly like.

edit. ^^^ Or maybe that particular one isn't even a good investment.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yup, what I suspected. It's pretty rubbish. C'mon black lagoon

The stack left of them at NYCC was insane. They had little cubbies made for each poster, and I asked the guy if they all started full, and he said yes. Every other poster was about 1/2 gone or more on Saturday, the Treebeard ones were almost touching the top.

Oh, also missing from the set is the Phantasm poster. I didn't go Sunday so I don't know if they sold out or if they're saving them for a later date.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

The stack left of them at NYCC was insane. They had little cubbies made for each poster, and I asked the guy if they all started full, and he said yes. Every other poster was about 1/2 gone or more on Saturday, the Treebeard ones were almost touching the top.

Well, I mean, who the hell wants a Treebeard poster, no matter how well designed?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Finally got my two Mondo Disney prints framed. Will throw a shot or two up later, assuming my camera is charged when I get home.

I wish I could've got one of the Foghorn Leghorn ones though. My niece loves him and her birthday is coming up.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

DKWildz posted:

How Freudian. :pedo:

Rahonavis posted:

This poster's pretty neat, but the text up top just throws me for a loop every time. I'm guessing the single common element in all three films is the company that did the 3D effects?

If this movie featured the music of Strange Advance it would bomb horribly but make me the happiest man on earth ever.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Hahaha, well there's that poster ruined.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Benny the Snake posted:

Argo's official poster is quite generic but I like this one

I just got back from seeing it a little while ago, and this poster makes much more sense in the context of the movie ;)

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Tomero_the_Great posted:

If this movie featured the music of Strange Advance it would bomb horribly but make me the happiest man on earth ever.

Blocked in America :argh:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I just got back from seeing it a little while ago, and this poster makes much more sense in the context of the movie ;)

A lot of people have been saying this about both shred looks, this and the Toronto poster. I'm going to see it tonight for the sixth time, first time in the theater.

It's really good y'all.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Blocked in America :argh:

Try any of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxpBksDvwk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jAK6hSyXDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTNkRLfKLYc

It's Worlds Away by Strange Advance, a mostly forgotten Canadian synth/prog band from the 80's.
(We Run, Home Of The Brave, and Alien Time are a few other good songs of theirs.)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Tomero_the_Great posted:

Try any of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxpBksDvwk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jAK6hSyXDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTNkRLfKLYc

It's Worlds Away by Strange Advance, a mostly forgotten Canadian synth/prog band from the 80's.
(We Run, Home Of The Brave, and Alien Time are a few other good songs of theirs.)

I don't think you realise how much EMI hates people listening to their music because none of those work.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Here's those pics of the Disney prints I mentioned. Turned out really well in the end.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Hey wait a minute:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ishamael posted:

Still not as bad as the Clash of the Titans (remake) tagline: Titans will clash.

Ishamael posted:

Nicely done! :golfclap:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Anybody remember this movie?

In Germany the DVD/Bluray Cover looks like this. Oh and they changed the name to Hangover in LA. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That belongs in the next OP. Holy poo poo.