Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Internet Gentleman posted:

There is a scene in 8 Mile like that, but it's his sister not his daughter.

That's it! I had forgotten that Eminem had been the main character. Thanks a bunch guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I vaguely remember a film where one lead character reads another character's (maybe a henchman/sidekick) mind, and turns to the other lead and says something along the lines of 'He is not well - you must get him to help', as he was apparently crazy or something. Has anything like this occurred on film or did i dream it?

For some reason I think the psychic was Ian McKellan saying it to Patrick Stewart about Hugh Jackman however that really doesn't make sense in the X-men movies.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

well why not posted:

I vaguely remember a film where one lead character reads another character's (maybe a henchman/sidekick) mind, and turns to the other lead and says something along the lines of 'He is not well - you must get him to help', as he was apparently crazy or something. Has anything like this occurred on film or did i dream it?

For some reason I think the psychic was Ian McKellan saying it to Patrick Stewart about Hugh Jackman however that really doesn't make sense in the X-men movies.

Well, there is a part in the first X-men movie where Magneto's thugs have Rogue slung over their shoulder, at which point Professor X controls the thugs in an attempt to talk everyone down peacefully. You could be thinking of that part.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

well why not posted:

Some part of Lord of the Rings? When Bilbo gets his mind messed up by the ring or when he falls underwater in that swamp thing. Obviously I really don't remember the movie well, but it also fits with Ian McKellan.

Amos Moses
Oct 13, 2012

by Ralp
Let's give this a shot.

Around 96-98' I was flipping channels on the ol' c-band satellite dish. I landed on I think Galaxy 5, channel 20?

There was a movie that had just started. This guy was some sort of tech for the airforce showing off a new AI he had built and designed. Something possibly goes terribly wrong and the guy either gets fired or retires.

He then installs this AI in his home and promptly goes on vacation? When he comes back the AI has built things around the house.

It was at this point in the movie that our power went out.

Never got to see the title as there really was no guide for c-band dishes at the time.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Amos Moses posted:

Let's give this a shot.

Around 96-98' I was flipping channels on the ol' c-band satellite dish. I landed on I think Galaxy 5, channel 20?

There was a movie that had just started. This guy was some sort of tech for the airforce showing off a new AI he had built and designed. Something possibly goes terribly wrong and the guy either gets fired or retires.

He then installs this AI in his home and promptly goes on vacation? When he comes back the AI has built things around the house.

It was at this point in the movie that our power went out.

Never got to see the title as there really was no guide for c-band dishes at the time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_Seed ?

Amos Moses
Oct 13, 2012

by Ralp

Unfortunately no. Not that movie.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Aight the only thing I remember from this movie is that there's a scene in a dive bar where the protagonist is dancing (in a brown trenchcoat I think) and eventually pulls every other girl in the room into the dance. The guy was probably an alcholic and I think an angel or a demon or some supernatural poo poo like that.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dante posted:

Aight the only thing I remember from this movie is that there's a scene in a dive bar where the protagonist is dancing (in a brown trenchcoat I think) and eventually pulls every other girl in the room into the dance. The guy was probably an alcholic and I think an angel or a demon or some supernatural poo poo like that.

Michael, with John Travolta.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Amos Moses posted:

Unfortunately no. Not that movie.

Dream House?

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009
Ok, so this is probably going to be horribly vague.

I watched a movie years and years ago (Maybe 7-10 years?) about a primitive-ish civilization that had tamed various dinosaurs like Pterodactyls for transportation, etc.

-It was on either TCM or MGM, I saw it on TV.
-It definitely had Pterodactyl riders. I think the protagonist may have been one.
-The primitive civilization dudes were wandering around a jungle and they found another civilization that was more like a Wild-West town, and I do think they had guns, but pretty much no dinosaurs.

I'd love to find out if any of you guys know of it. I'm sure it's not the best thing since sliced bread, but at the time I freaking loved it.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.
Was this live action or animated?

There is an animated movie Fire and Ice where they ride Pterodactyls at the end -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085542/

Do you remember any other dinosaurs in it?

Comedy answer - James Cameron's Avatar.

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009

Internet Gentleman posted:

Was this live action or animated?

There is an animated movie Fire and Ice where they ride Pterodactyls at the end -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085542/

Do you remember any other dinosaurs in it?

Comedy answer - James Cameron's Avatar.

It was live action, I forgot to mention that, sorry!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dinotopia?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwRT934sRuc

i am paul newman
Mar 31, 2010
This one irks me so much, please identify hard.
British film from around 2005, horror festivals and DVD.
Female lead, very good sound but otherwise low budget.
Plot might or might not have been: low-threat zombies, woman lives on old farm house, pasture fence maintenance, other survivors with Jeep stay with her for a while.

Edit: The Zombie Diaries has farm houses and fits the date, but from the trailer it's not it.

Edit 2: It's The Dead Outside (2008), trailer. Cheers.

i am paul newman fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 26, 2012

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

The Zombie Diaries?

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000

i am paul newman posted:

This one irks me so much, please identify hard.
British film from around 2005, horror festivals and DVD.
Female lead, very good sound but otherwise low budget.
Plot might or might not have been: low-threat zombies, woman lives on old farm house, pasture fence maintenance, other survivors with Jeep stay with her for a while.

Edit: The Zombie Diaries has farm houses and fits the date, but from the trailer it's not it.

It's a long shot but maybe Aussie film Undead from 2003? It's got a female lead, zombies, a farm house and, uhh... fences?

Buh
May 17, 2008
I'm quite taken with this video, which claims to be a Sonic the Hedgehog LP but is actually old B-movie footage set to music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQbReeKrDjc
Does anyone know what movie (or music video?) the original footage is from? The robots in particular look very familiar.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Looks like a mash-up of some old Renown ads.

Here's a big youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL60B8AFA21102EB0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K3Tm-b2TXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja9iL_sxdFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiTrZURtSxk

MrGreenShirt fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Oct 28, 2012

Buh
May 17, 2008

MrGreenShirt posted:

Here's a big youtube playlist:

Thank you so much! Somethingawful always delivers.
I am pleased to see that there isn't such a thing as 'original context' for these :)

Buh fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Oct 28, 2012

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009

That might be it! I'll give it a look, thanks!

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

So here's a long shot. I VAGUELY remember a sort of black-and-white claymation movie, it looked very old (from the '30s? '20's even?) and featured dancing alcohol bottles and various bar glasses. I remember one of them dancing until it broke.

Vague I know, but it's been rattling around my head for years without any kind of answer. Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about here?

A Loaf of Bread
Mar 19, 2008
There was this movie I saw at a friend's house when I was younger. It must have been 10-15 years ago, but I don't know when the movie was from.

As I remember it, the plot involved this girl who had befriended a ghost. I think that she didn't know that her friend was a ghost. I seem to remember that the ghost girl was the ghost of an Egyptian mummy that the protagonist's dad was working on analyzing or something. One part I remember is that the people who are analyzing the mummy first assume it is male, but realize by looking at the skeletal structure that it is female.

My memory of this movie is very hazy, and so some of these facts may be misremembered. Any help in identifying would be greatly appreciated!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A Loaf of Bread posted:

There was this movie I saw at a friend's house when I was younger. It must have been 10-15 years ago, but I don't know when the movie was from.

As I remember it, the plot involved this girl who had befriended a ghost. I think that she didn't know that her friend was a ghost. I seem to remember that the ghost girl was the ghost of an Egyptian mummy that the protagonist's dad was working on analyzing or something. One part I remember is that the people who are analyzing the mummy first assume it is male, but realize by looking at the skeletal structure that it is female.

My memory of this movie is very hazy, and so some of these facts may be misremembered. Any help in identifying would be greatly appreciated!

That sounds very similar to the plot of the Buffy season 2 episode "Inca Mummy Girl".

A Loaf of Bread
Mar 19, 2008

Jedit posted:

That sounds very similar to the plot of the Buffy season 2 episode "Inca Mummy Girl".

You know, that might be it, but I'm not sure. On the one hand, the main idea of the episode definitely matches my memory. On the other hand, the part about the girl's father analyzing the mummy and finding that the it is female and not male as he had assumed doesn't seem to be present. I distinctly remember this part, which might mean that I am combining memories of this episode and something else.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

regulargonzalez posted:

Asking for a friend, here is what he remembers:

Back in the long-long ago, my sister and I were flipping through channels and came across this horror movie about... I think the woman died, and in exchange for her returning to life, seven other people SHE KNOWS would die and come back from the dead to try to kill her. The scene we remember most is the woman walking through a deserted parking garage to her car. We see one of her young coworkers skateboarding around the parking garage, and we realize that he's an undead. He was killed earlier in the day in an accident and has returned to try and kill her.

That's the gist of what we remember. Does any of that ring a bell? I think near the end her boyfriend, or maybe her ex-husband/boyfriend dies; he's the last soul and she's safe after she fights him off. But I dunno. Movie is probably from the 80s.

I'm 100% sure that was From The Dead of Night, a TV miniseries with Lindsay Wagner.

Grave $avings posted:

So here's a long shot. I VAGUELY remember a sort of black-and-white claymation movie, it looked very old (from the '30s? '20's even?) and featured dancing alcohol bottles and various bar glasses. I remember one of them dancing until it broke.

Vague I know, but it's been rattling around my head for years without any kind of answer. Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about here?

The Haunted Hotel? No breaking glasses that I remember but there's a stop-motion wine bottle that moves around.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
At the top of the Criterion scary movie page there's this screencap:

I can't tell what movie that's from. Anyone know? Also, every once in a while I come across an image of a floating hairy eyeball that seems to be from a Japanese or otherwise weird Asian horror movie but I have no idea what that is, either.

And just tossing this out there while I'm here, I saw this old killer tree movie on TV with my dad when I was a kid, it might have been a parody but I was too young to differentiate. I remember exactly two things: one scene in which a man and a woman are walking through a garden and a tree reaches down and picks up the woman and a scene where a general looks through a pair of binoculars at marching tree-stumps.

edit: I found the killer tree movie, it's The Navy Vs. The Night Monsters, thanks goes to a TV Tropes page on killer trees.

Magic Hate Ball fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 31, 2012

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

At the top of the Criterion scary movie page there's this screencap:

I can't tell what movie that's from. Anyone know?

It's a brief flash from Antichrist, while they're driving to the woods.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Also, every once in a while I come across an image of a floating hairy eyeball that seems to be from a Japanese or otherwise weird Asian horror movie but I have no idea what that is, either.

Big Trouble in Little China?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Or this guy?

Malignant
Mar 1, 2006
It looks like George Michael got his mom back today, huh?
Three to five years ago I saw the last half of a horror film on TV. A group of survivors were in a urban post-apocalyptic setting, some of them were robbers/thieves with a truck full of cash who had traveled through time or dimensionally into the post apocalyptic world, while others were just human inhabitants. They were hiding from/getting killed by monsters which I remember being spiders or spider-people or spider-vampires or spider zombies but I could be way off about that. It ended by them traveling to another dimension/time only to find it was inhabited by different monsters.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

MrGreenShirt posted:

Hey, Robert Abel is the same guy who made that insane 7up "Bubbles" commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2U-lP-SOSQ

Also this insane Ken Nordine narrated one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfloPU6VpKc
I assume it was written by Nordine as well, since it totally sounds like the stuff on his albums.

On topic, I watched like 15 minutes of a film muted in a bar. It seemed to be a film about making a period piece film, there was lots of ehr, bushy nudity, and at one point a character takes a large bite out of a drinking glass, presumably made of sugar glass. Vague, but can anyone help?

moller fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 5, 2012

It Just Got Worse
Oct 30, 2012

Malignant posted:

Three to five years ago I saw the last half of a horror film on TV. A group of survivors were in a urban post-apocalyptic setting, some of them were robbers/thieves with a truck full of cash who had traveled through time or dimensionally into the post apocalyptic world, while others were just human inhabitants. They were hiding from/getting killed by monsters which I remember being spiders or spider-people or spider-vampires or spider zombies but I could be way off about that. It ended by them traveling to another dimension/time only to find it was inhabited by different monsters.

I'm thinking this is probably Webs.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

moller posted:

On topic, I watched like 15 minutes of a film muted in a bar. It seemed to be a film about making a period piece film, there was lots of ehr, bushy nudity, and at one point a character takes a large bite out of a drinking glass, presumably made of sugar glass. Vague, but can anyone help?

Tristram Shandy?

Malignant
Mar 1, 2006
It looks like George Michael got his mom back today, huh?

It Just Got Worse posted:

I'm thinking this is probably Webs.

That's definitely it. Thanks

Prue
Dec 27, 2002

Okay this is gonna be a hard one... I saw this movie probably around 2003 or 2004. Not sure if it was rental or was on HBO. Definitely not in theaters.

It was a foreign film, and it was in Spanish or Portuguese. I'm about 90% it was set in South America, like Brazil or Argentina. It involved either college students or high schoolers, and it was a drama. Basically I believe these young kids had the place to themselves, I'm pretty sure there was drug use involved. By the end of it, the main male character, who was young, ended up being raped by a main older(not by much) female character.

I wish I had more information, sorry. Please throw out any thing that comes to mind. I'm not entirely sure the rape actually occurred or it was stopped. And I can't remember the plot at all, just that the movie was intriguing.

Thanks, anything come to mind?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Anyone remember the name of a weird indie psychedelic exploitation film starring Destro from GI Joe? The trailer floated around a few years back, but I can't find any trace of its existence. I want to say it had an Italian sounding name.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I vaguely recall some sort of teen murder movie. The only part of it I remember is a guy is in the ocean hanging off the edge of a small boat dying and he looks up at one of the two girls on board and has a dying wish. He asks for a kiss, and the girl leans in to kiss him and he says "no, I mean you two kiss each other."
No doubt it was an awful film, but that setup just stuck in my mind.

I was also going to ask about a film that was either Spanish or Italian involving nuns and LSD and some other weird stuff, but a Google on "film nuns drugs lsd cake" gave me it as the first result - Dark Habits.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Gromit posted:

I vaguely recall some sort of teen murder movie. The only part of it I remember is a guy is in the ocean hanging off the edge of a small boat dying and he looks up at one of the two girls on board and has a dying wish. He asks for a kiss, and the girl leans in to kiss him and he says "no, I mean you two kiss each other."
No doubt it was an awful film, but that setup just stuck in my mind.

I think it's Club Dredd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
Ok, I have one. It was an anime, but long before most people knew what anime was. I saw it as a little kid, so it absolutely couldn't have been anything made after 1990, probably pre-1985. I'm 99% sure it was a special or movie or something and not part of a series, definitely not Speed Racer or Macross.

Anyway, the scene I remember had the a female and male character, who were kids or young teens, sitting in a field of flowers, roses I think. The male character may have been a prince or other noble. Anyway, he picks up a flower and says it has a worm in it, and crushes it. Then he says "They all have worms!" or similar, and proceeds to start stomping the other flowers. The reason he flips out like this is because he was corrupted by some kind of dark magic or mind control spell or something like that.

Not a lot to go on, but anyone have any ideas?