Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Vagabundo posted:

Scarrieface

Does Carrie go around different high school proms murdering a different graduating year each week or something?

No idea but the ending clearly left it open for a TV series. I recall it ended with Carrie surviving and her and Sue getting into a car and driving off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Korean movies!

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Where can I get this?

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

It was a Mondo run I think, by Rhys Cooper. I haven't found a place to buy it yet, but if I find one I'll let ya know.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Saw The Jew?

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Slasherfan posted:

No idea but the ending clearly left it open for a TV series. I recall it ended with Carrie surviving and her and Sue getting into a car and driving off.

I would watch the gently caress out of that. It would be like 70s Hulk show only with more menstruation symbolism.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

This one's leagues better.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

It was a Mondo run I think, by Rhys Cooper. I haven't found a place to buy it yet, but if I find one I'll let ya know.

He originally had a version with broken English because apparently his DVD had terrible subtitles. Me and a few others complained about it and he eventually did a run with the original Korean which is what I have now. It was on his site for quite a while so it may be worth emailing him to see if he still has one lying around.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

Engrish

Also Mister Chief, how does it look in person?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The colors are a lot more vibrant than they appear in that image. I personally like it and think it matches the tone of the movie but it isn't for everyone.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I like the layout and idea of this one, but I think it'd be better if it weren't hand-painted, and if the dashboard were just pure black or at least faded quickly into black at the bottom.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Great movie, great poster

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

^ It is a great poster, but I've never been able to find it anywhere.

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Never heard of this movie but goddamn I want the poster.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

You can buy it here and there's a high resolution copy of it here but the DPI might be too low for a poster sized print.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I´d love to hang that framed on my wall, but I hated that movie.

Fantastic poster though.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I thought it was a good film with a great ending.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I am most definitely in the minority when it comes to that movie. It´s not a bad movie by any means, but I got nothing out of supercop´s battle against supervillain in a highly stylized movie that nevertheless tries to evoke the raw grit of Seven. It clashed horribly for me and ended up being downright 'dumb'.

But that is completely personal preference. I loved how it was shot, and the acting etc.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Have you ever seen Sympathy For Mr Vengeance? It might be more up your alley.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Mister Chief posted:

Have you ever seen Sympathy For Mr Vengeance? It might be more up your alley.

Yeah, that entire 'trilogy' is brilliant.

I also saw I Saw The Devil as a (sort of) double feature with The Chaser, which I thought was fantastic.

ISTD belongs in that world which Man From Nowhere also inhabits. That way over the top world that tries to shock or evoke a certain amount of raw emotion which doesn't work because it's clearly not inhabiting the same world as we do. And that's why it doesn't work (for me, of course).

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 22, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Remember that Atlas Shrugged 2, a while back. Well it was apprently released this month. Here's the poster:

Poor Atlas is "Oh, Christ, not this poo poo again."

You'll be pleased to know that it bombed, again - $25 Million budget - only $2 million return.

The best bit is how the movie was funded:

quote:

...However, in a private debt sale in early 2012, the producers raised $16 million of the $25 million they sought, enabling a budget larger than that of the first movie.

:ironicat:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 22, 2012

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I am most definitely in the minority when it comes to that movie. It´s not a bad movie by any means, but I got nothing out of supercop´s battle against supervillain in a highly stylized movie that nevertheless tries to evoke the raw grit of Seven. It clashed horribly for me and ended up being downright 'dumb'.

Honestly, I felt like this was kind of the point. The movie's about how the supercop and supervillain are both completely out of place in the world they inhabit; the contrast between them and the "raw grit" you mention almost feels deliberate.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

WickedIcon posted:

Honestly, I felt like this was kind of the point. The movie's about how the supercop and supervillain are both completely out of place in the world they inhabit; the contrast between them and the "raw grit" you mention almost feels deliberate.

But what is that saying? What does that say about the victims and the parents at the ending, witnessing the main protagonist's Saw-like contraption? What does that say about the minor villains, who are also almost caricatures that have long been getting away with a multitude of murders? Is it a critique on the Korean police force? A critique which is often found in Korean movies, such as the brilliant Memories of Murder (although that is a completely different movie).

I'd absolutely love a good thread about that movie. This probably isn't the place though.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Pesky Splinter posted:

Remember that Atlas Shrugged 2, a while back. Well it was apprently released this month. Here's the poster:

Haha what the gently caress. If that's not a "who farted" face then I don't know what is.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Pesky Splinter posted:

You'll be pleased to know that it bombed, again - $25 Million budget - only $2 million return.

I think it's a little funny that they specifically use the art deco statue of Atlas from Rockefeller Center as opposed to any kind of original representation.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Slippery Nipple posted:

Never heard of this movie but goddamn I want the poster.

Seek out this movie and watch it as soon as you can. It's pretty brutal and incredibly entertaining!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously, Korean movies!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:monocle: Wow I love this.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:monocle: Wow I love this.

It's the only movie I've seen just because I thought the poster was cool, turns out that was a great decision.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

What does that say about the minor villains, who are also almost caricatures that have long been getting away with a multitude of murders?

They didn't completely ruin the movie for me, but it wasn't for lack of trying. That whole sideplot was completely unnecessary, way out of left field and even less believable than Supercop vs. Superpsycho. Yes, let's interrupt this revenge thriller with The goddamn Texas Chainsaw Massacre hillbilly cannibal clan.

I still enjoyed the movie overall though.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

You can buy it here and there's a high resolution copy of it here but the DPI might be too low for a poster sized print.

Thanks! Definitely going to buy it.

e: I'm looking in the FAQ on their site and can't find the answer, do they ship to Canada?

e2: Nevermind, they do.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'd absolutely love a good thread about that movie. This probably isn't the place though.

South Korean Movies thread could use a revival. Just sayin'.

Gringo Heisenberg fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 22, 2012

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

Vagabundo posted:

Scarrieface

Does Carrie go around different high school proms murdering a different graduating year each week or something?

I believe it was going to be like The Fugitive or The Hulk where they'd travel around and almost kind of sort of settle down but then (in this case psychic) trouble would happen and they'd have to leave.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Pesky Splinter posted:

And the fee market decides... Yet again!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Nutsngum posted:

And the fee market decides... Yet again!

The director does not care and we will get the third part aka the speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1muMkbMypA

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

bobkatt013 posted:

This will be by far the single most boring film ever made

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

bobkatt013 posted:

Holy poo poo that youtube video is over 3 hours long. gently caress, this should be the only case where youtube says "gently caress freedom of speech."

Think of the storage implications on DVD or bluray. What are they gonna do, encode it as mp3 and just have 1 still image up the whole time to save on disc space?

I'm always looking for things to listen to while at work, should I even bother with this thing?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Going to take a wild guess and say no.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Considering how many English classrooms I've been in that have boxes of Rand novels donated by the Ayn Rand Institute, I wonder how long it will be before we see them giving these things away a la those anti-Obama "documentaries" that conservative politicians send out.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
When I was twelve or thirteen I had one of those beautiful days were I got to go into a book store and pick a book, any book, and my parents would pay for it. I skipped the Stephen King books, which I habitually read back then, and opted for something more 'meaty'. More 'classic'.

I chose the thickest and classiest looking book I could find. That book was Ayn Rand's 'The Fountainhead'.

I was twelve or thirteen. I read the entire thing. And at the end, my reaction could be summed up by, of all things, a Southpark clip. If you'd only replace 'Atlas Shrugged' with 'The Fountainhead'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j56IiLqZ9U

gently caress Ayn Rand. And gently caress her lovely, lovely books. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Prons posted:

It can be, I still haven't recovered from the 2 and a half hour long TV remake of Carrie from 2002. Although that one had a cool poster, too.

Scar-Carrie-Face.

That looks like something out of Killer7.