Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Lance Streetman posted:

That looks like something out of Killer7.

Or vice versa.

edit: poo poo, new page. Cool poster:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Jack Holt!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This one's leagues better.

Whenever I see this poster, I end up reading it out to the tune of the chorus from The Sign by Ace of Base.

Prons
Oct 11, 2012

Chick Magnet.

Pesky Splinter posted:

Remember that Atlas Shrugged 2, a while back. Well it was apprently released this month. Here's the poster:

Poor Atlas is "Oh, Christ, not this poo poo again."

You'll be pleased to know that it bombed, again - $25 Million budget - only $2 million return.

The best bit is how the movie was funded:

:ironicat:

It's funny to think that the type of people that want to fund an Ayn Rand movie can't make any money.

What's funny is I remember in the book they mention the speech (which apparently will be in Part 3) is like 2 hours. Movie will be SO EXCITING.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well there are a lot of reasons to hate an Ayn Rand movie but I defy you to find one greater than "It has Taylor Schilling in it."

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
I really like the posters for Grave of the Fireflies:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

kiimo posted:

Taylor Shilling

What an appropriate name.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The second one is just incredibly well put together.

It's a simple image - the boy and his young sister, staring at the viewer, shielding themselves with a tattered paper umbrella, symbolising their increasingly desperate situation and their vulnerability. Their stare directed at the viewer makes the person looking at the poster meet their gaze at some point, emphasising their humanity and the silhouette of the B-25 gives you an idea of what has caused their situation.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The first one is kind of...misleading as to the movie's tone. Just a little though!

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Wendell posted:

The first one is kind of...misleading as to the movie's tone. Just a little though!

The only accurate poster for Grave of the Fireflies would just be a giant block of text that says GRAB A TISSUE, THIS MOVIE WILL DESTROY YOU

e: yeah, the exact same goes for Watership Down as well.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 23, 2012

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Wendell posted:

I'm sure there's others.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

uPen posted:

I'm sure there's others.

This one is more appropriate for the actual film:

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

uPen posted:

I'm sure there's others.

God this just reminded me that The Plague Dogs exists and I need to go hug my dog for the next four hours. :smith:

EDIT: 'A special kind of movie magic' were they purposefully trying to scar children?

EDIT #2: Also the top tagline. What the gently caress?

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 23, 2012

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

God this just reminded me that The Plague Dogs exists and I need to go hug my dog for the next four hours. :smith:

EDIT: 'A special kind of movie magic' were they purposefully trying to scar children?

That cannot be real.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I will never watch Plague Dogs because I don't want to be super sad about dogs.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

So this is like Homeward Bound or All Dogs go to Heaven or something I gather? Made by the same people who made that movie about bunnies, perfect for showing to children.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
Its the only book thats so loving depressing, they amended the ending to have them rescued and returned to Snitter's original owner, who hadn't died after all, but had just been in the hospital.

Richard Adams must really loving hate animals or children.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

]
Richard Adams must really loving hate animals or children.

Or really hate animal testing/environmental destruction (Plague Dogs and Watership Down, respectively).

Also? Dude knows his loving rabbits.

Watership Down was and is one of my favorite books, yet I've never gotten around to watching the movie somehow.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Should I rewatch Watership Down? My parents rented it for me when I was 6-7 or so because it had cute bunnies on the cover. That movie absolutely traumatized me :gonk:.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Or really hate animal testing/environmental destruction (Plague Dogs and Watership Down, respectively).

Also? Dude knows his loving rabbits.

Watership Down was and is one of my favorite books, yet I've never gotten around to watching the movie somehow.

Ahh yeah thats the much better conclusion. Forgot the testing place was named ARSE.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Robert Denby posted:

Speaking of "The Hangover", I suspect there was recently a pitch meeting that went "We've got a generic kids movie set on Halloween. How do we market it?"

I don't know what's going on with this movie because the whole "Nickelodeon Pictures" thing makes it seem like standard kid fare but I just saw a commercial which made it look more like a regular PG-13 comedy. With lines about a teenager crying after sex and characters negotiating second base time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

I don't know what's going on with this movie because the whole "Nickelodeon Pictures" thing makes it seem like standard kid fare but I just saw a commercial which made it look more like a regular PG-13 comedy. With lines about a teenager crying after sex and characters negotiating second base time.

Nick used to actually do some kind of edgy stuff, but dropped off in the past decade or so. This is probably aimed more towards the tween and teen crowd like stuff such as Snow Day had been in the past.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

This is my favorite movie to pull out when I have a date over. My favorite movie.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jefferoo posted:

This is my favorite movie to pull out when I have a date over. My favorite movie.

You must have a great fear of commitment.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Fun Sized looks like Superbad without the funny stuff and replacing the protagonists with teen girls instead of dudes. But I also thought the trailer looked poorly cut, so it could be good, in theory.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

TheJoker138 posted:

Nick used to actually do some kind of edgy stuff, but dropped off in the past decade or so. This is probably aimed more towards the tween and teen crowd like stuff such as Snow Day had been in the past.

Remarkably, Fun Size also gives off a weird Pete & Pete vibe. I'll probably give it a shot.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The daytime trailer for Fun Size is all family-friendly goofy faces and crazy antics. The late night trailer is all sex jokes.
It's really weird.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is Fun Size about a guy with a small dick trying to get laid?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Robert Denby posted:

Oh, and here's the poster that'll be handed out to patrons at the IMAX midnight screenings for "Skyfall":

Gettin' a serious Tone Lōc vibe from this poster.

Which was based off of a Donald Byrd album.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sheldrake posted:

Remarkably, Fun Size also gives off a weird Pete & Pete vibe. I'll probably give it a shot.

Don't say that. I might have to see it then.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Sheldrake posted:

Looks like Snow Day meets Superbad meets Halloween... I'm in.

[edit] When did Nickelodeon get raunchy? This bothers me a little.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Mister Chief posted:

Is Fun Size about a guy with a small dick trying to get laid?

No, you're thinking of Twilight. :rimshot:

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

zenintrude posted:

Looks like Snow Day meets Superbad meets Halloween... I'm in.

[edit] When did Nickelodeon get raunchy? This bothers me a little.

Probably when they hired the executives who thought a adult block of programming on a pre-school channel was a good idea.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Island Nation posted:

Probably when they hired the executives who thought a adult block of programming on a pre-school channel was a good idea.

Worked well enough for Cartoon Network.

Also, all this talk reminded me of this Anonymous video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWFSslJ2NO4

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 25, 2012

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The MSJ posted:

Worked well enough for Cartoon Network.

Also, all this talk reminded me of this Anonymous video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWFSslJ2NO4

Cartoon Network is not a pre-school channel, though. He's referring to how Nick, Jr. now has a block of stuff called Nick Mom that airs at night. Which is completely fine, as any kids who watch Nick, Jr. will be long asleep by then, so why would they continue to air poo poo like Blues Clues during that time frame?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

Cartoon Network is not a pre-school channel, though. He's referring to how Nick, Jr. now has a block of stuff called Nick Mom that airs at night. Which is completely fine, as any kids who watch Nick, Jr. will be long asleep by then, so why would they continue to air poo poo like Blues Clues during that time frame?

They don't have that in Asia yet, but Nick Jr is also not a separate channel yet. Playhouse Disney is, though, and I wonder what they are airing after bedtime.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

What the hell do they show on Nick Mom? Hopefully it's just old nick shows they might have watched when they were younger.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Nick shifted from cartoons to tween sitcoms years ago, especially once they made the Nicktoons spin-off channel. Aside from legacy shows like Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents and Dreamworks spin-offs, Avatar and the new TMNT cartoon are the only new cartoons they make anymore. Everything else is sitcoms aimed at kids in their early teens.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

What the hell do they show on Nick Mom? Hopefully it's just old nick shows they might have watched when they were younger.

From the Hulu ads I've seen for it, really bad stand up comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

TheJoker138 posted:

AFAIK Nick Jr. doesn't have a west coast feed and the block starts at 10pm ET. Any west coast viewer with a satellite sees it in prime time.

Parents could also use it as a sleep aid if their child has insomnia as well.

Sorry for derailing the thread. It's been a lousy 24 hours.