Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Seeing Girl Talk in a little bit, not real sure who's opening but I am pretty excited to see the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAF07
Aug 6, 2007

:911:
Just got back from seeing Girl Talk in Buffalo. Holy poo poo. I'm nearly deaf, but that was easily one of the best shows I've been to. You guys weren't kidding about the energy. That dude is loving crazy.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
This is almost certainly the wrong thread but I am really fascinated with the idea of a club or happy hardcore mashup of "I want you back" and "Call me maybe". As certainly as I am being judged right now this remix/mashup exists. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
A couple of new(ish) tracks from The White Panda:

Losing My Amarok (R.E.M. // Denzal Park)

Wallphones (Maroon 5 // Sultan & Ned Shepard)

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRnffrS68vg

Loves me some Titus Jones

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

He's my favourite of the Bootie guys. He's got flow that the rest wish they had.

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008
3 hours and counting yos...

http://titusjones.com/

Aftershock! =)

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Came here to post it, grabbing it now. As with his other work, I'm sure it'll be stellar :)

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008

Nam Taf posted:

Came here to post it, grabbing it now. As with his other work, I'm sure it'll be stellar :)

I enjoyed the first half of the mixes...the ladder half seemed subpar to me...anyone else feel the same?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
The Fleetwood Mac one is loving on

Havent had time to listen to the whole thing. I have a stupid wedding to go to. Boo

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008

BlueBayou posted:

The Fleetwood Mac one is loving on

Havent had time to listen to the whole thing. I have a stupid wedding to go to. Boo

Yeah I'm digging that one...lousy people wanting eternal happiness. Bastards. Not for me.

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

In another few hours, the sun will rise!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rcWk58SNes

White Panda vs. Gangnam Style

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

tagelthebagel posted:

I enjoyed the first half of the mixes...the ladder half seemed subpar to me...anyone else feel the same?

Listened to it once, like most it except the Power Rangers song.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Geno posted:

Listened to it once, like most it except the Power Rangers song.

The power rangers song is the sequal to Pokestar. And its not bad. It badlt needs more(any) Kreayshawn.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

New Titus Jones owns bones; best mashup work since Milkman's Algorithms last year.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

oshuaj posted:

New Titus Jones owns bones; best mashup work since Milkman's Algorithms last year.

I'd have to agree with this. I think it's better than White Panda's album that came out earlier this year.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

oshuaj posted:

That's a big call, largely because between then and now there was Super Mash Bros.' All About the Scrilions which slayed. Also, if it's your style, 3LAU's original Dance Floor Filth was so good it hurt.

Best since them however? I'd say so.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!
As someone who has to listen to the radio at work, I'm probably not going to give that mixtape a second listen.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I don't listen to commercial radio anywhere and I had to start skipping tracks around midway through the album. Normally if I have slutwave-filled mashups playing I can justify them by saying "yeah but listen to how it contrasts with that beat" or "the sample is totally changed in this context" but with this album I can't differentiate between the tracks playing and what I hear blasting out of passing cars or in TV promos.

I'm going to listen to Algorithms again instead.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

Nam Taf posted:

That's a big call, largely because between then and now there was Super Mash Bros.' All About the Scrilions which slayed. Also, if it's your style, 3LAU's original Dance Floor Filth was so good it hurt.

Best since them however? I'd say so.

When did he put out a second one? Just checked his site and there's another mixtape out:
http://3lau.com/music/

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Omerta posted:

When did he put out a second one? Just checked his site and there's another mixtape out:
http://3lau.com/music/

About 3 months ago, at a guess. It just didn't grab me as well as the first did. On the other hand, Kap Slap's Frequent Flyer did and it is great. They're both very similar styles.

edit: 18/07 was when it came out, according to the album folder's creation date in my music folder.

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Sep 28, 2012

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

Nam Taf posted:

About 3 months ago, at a guess. It just didn't grab me as well as the first did. On the other hand, Kap Slap's Frequent Flyer did and it is great. They're both very similar styles.

edit: 18/07 was when it came out, according to the album folder's creation date in my music folder.

That's amazing gym music. Thanks for the recommendation! Are any of his other tapes worth downloading or similar artists that haven't been mentioned in this thread? I didn't see his name mentioned earlier.

Omerta fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 29, 2012

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Frequent Flyer is great, thanks for that.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Omerta posted:

That's amazing gym music. Thanks for the recommendation! Are any of his other tapes worth downloading or similar artists that haven't been mentioned in this thread? I didn't see his name mentioned earlier.

3LAU and Kap Slap are both the frat party sort of style so they differ a bit to most of the staples of this thread (Girl Talk, Super Mash Bros, Ludachrist, Milkman, Mashup Germany, etc.) but there's a growing scene of guys like them. Their stuff is great for gym/running/etc. as you've realised because it maintains a more consistent, higher beat.

As for their albums, Dance Floor Filth is amazing, #2 is not quite there but still decent, and he does a monthly podcast called 3LAU HAUS which you should check out if you want more of that style of music. He's up to #5 or #6 of that now.

Kap Slap's 3 albums are all pretty consistent - Frequent Flyer, AA and 151. He's also done a couple of mixtapes but they are basically just rearrangements/early stages of parts of his albums anyway - the same sample combinations end up showing up in them as what's from the albums.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
AVClub is streaming the new Hood Internet album. Only listened to the first track so far, and it's good.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I've been working my way backwards through the mix-tapes, some of the tracks on their are really fantastic, some of my favourite mashups.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Brown Moses posted:

I've been working my way backwards through the mix-tapes, some of the tracks on their are really fantastic, some of my favourite mashups.

They're severely hit or miss for me. There's some crazy good tracks, and others that I can't stand. My wife digs them a lot more than I do, but that's true about all mashup stuff.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hood Internet are rad, on their tour right now, they're doing a mix of their best volume 6 mashups and FEAT tracks with whoever shows up on their tour (My Gold Mask and Kid Static are touring and the lucky people in Pittsburgh got to see Tobacco), I highly recommend it.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Later babes.

http://laterbabes.bandcamp.com/

Later babes owns.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Later Babes does own, go listen to this

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Saw White Panda on Sunday night - loving great show. Not as good as Girl Talk a month or so ago, but it's hard to top "end of night outdoor show" inside of a House of Blues.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

This thread has a lot of great stuff in it, got a lot of stuff to put on my need to listen to list.

One question, does anyone know of any mashup artists that make use of a lot of UK songs/artists in their stuff? (The only one I know of is LeeDM101)

Also don't think these have been mentioned in the thread so I thought I'd link them:
Elocnep (Some sets on soundcloud)
DJ Schmolli (11 albums of stuff on his website, link to latest one.)

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Bout time Earworm's Olympic tracks started getting released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2r5Vl_IwTI

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like the newest Titus Jones release doesn't really get going good until track 6. I still listen to the last White Panda album and the Super Smash Bros. album.

enthe0s
Oct 24, 2010

In another few hours, the sun will rise!
Earworm's Olympic track was pretty bad in my opinion, but then again I haven't liked anything he's released since his United State of Pop 2009.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
How do people justify listening to somebody who mashes up, remixes, and decontexualizes good music? The dude put Neutral Milk Hotel in a party mix and he's still allowed to perform instead of being locked up in jail somewhere!

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Count Chocula posted:

How do people justify listening to somebody who mashes up, remixes, and decontexualizes good music? The dude put Neutral Milk Hotel in a party mix and he's still allowed to perform instead of being locked up in jail somewhere!

I also hate it when people like stuff that I don't.

Just kidding, I think your post is dumb.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Also, it's impossible to decontextualize, you can only recontextualize.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Also, it's impossible to decontextualize, you can only recontextualize.

I guess you could have the sample played at you in isolation when you're under complete sensory deprivation otherwise but yeh that post is just trolling and Chocula does a bit of that (and never very well).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Nam Taf posted:

I guess you could have the sample played at you in isolation when you're under complete sensory deprivation otherwise but yeh that post is just trolling and Chocula does a bit of that (and never very well).

But then it would be in the context of a sensory deprivation chamber.