Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
look tef, I'm sorry things didn't work out between us but lets not get all melodramatic about it ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

tef posted:

ah yes, social norms and co-dependence. find meaning in your life by attaching it to other people.

i'm not saying that relationships are useless or bad, but that society dictates your only value (outside of material goods) is finding someone to be jealous and controlling over. the idea that you can only be happy by caging someone else is the toxic part.

if you haven't read de montaigne's on solitude... go do that

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->
you missed the bit where I'm saying social things are good but many of the social norms aren't?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
oh well then loving ignore me, what the gently caress do i know

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

rotor posted:

look tef, I'm sorry things didn't work out between us but lets not get all melodramatic about it ok

:smith: i miss you so much ~~~

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->
aside, heh

http://www.cs.washington.edu/education/courses/cse590n/10au/hanenberg-oopsla2010.pdf

http://www.neverworkintheory.org/?p=432

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

tef posted:

ah yes, social norms and co-dependence. find meaning in your life by attaching it to other people.

i'm not saying that relationships are useless or bad, but that society dictates your only value (outside of material goods) is finding someone to be jealous and controlling over. the idea that you can only be happy by caging someone else is the toxic part.

dude

drink a liquor

smoke a weed

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

I just skimmed but I see no mention of teams. Isn't the issue with dynamic typed languages is that you have to read inside other people's code to figure out the types and how they interact?

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

Phobeste posted:

dude

drink a liquor

smoke a weed

um, I do, quite a bit.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

By their mere existence and use, most programs influence the world they evolve in (and users) in a way that tends to make them unsatisfactory, unfit, and/or obsolete.

All code that matters is bound to become poo poo if left untouched.

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008

Shaggar posted:

~a soft voice whispers in the night~
silverlight.....

mods??

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008

tef posted:

what the gently caress is this

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
what society says taht because i think society says that being jealous and controlling of people in your life is super weird and bad???i think??????

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

hey remember when we posted about php instead of e/n

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

Luigi Thirty posted:

hey remember when we posted about php instead of e/n

same thing

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies
e/n causes less tears

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008
e/n is the best forum, i'm 100% serious it owns

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
My estranged father is trying to get me into a pyramid scheme.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
My chronic flatulence problem is ruining my life

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008
no other forum can convince someone to post about how some tramp turned up multiple times at the door to beg for money which the person paid each time, and then drive him to the ATM and withdraw more money for the tramp so he would go away

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

OBAMA BIN LOADIN posted:

no other forum can convince someone to post about how some tramp turned up multiple times at the door to beg for money which the person paid each time, and then drive him to the ATM and withdraw more money for the tramp so he would go away

I been drinkin moonshine just so I could tell you function punch faces jut what I thought of our faces . So I'll level with you gently caress your faces okay? Like listen. Sometimes a guy just wants to eat and seem times he wants I sand shut you don't see me doing anything about that do you? But I listen ere every day about how you need a cable remote to dance the jig and I can't listen to your poo poo no more so eat a face. I'm pretty sure the autocorrect has ruined this.

Zizzyx
Sep 18, 2007

INTERGALACTIC CAN CHAMPION

it fits with the rest of your oeuvre but no, it didn't make any sense

sports
Sep 1, 2012
society still doesnt accept cargo shorts

and this fact p much gives society all the legitimacy it wants to throw around

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

i can't wait for people to take this one paper and use it to argue that there is no point to static type systems ever

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

I just skimmed but I see no mention of teams. Isn't the issue with dynamic typed languages is that you have to read inside other people's code to figure out the types and how they interact?

they address this in the conclusions and say 'this was a small single-person project, maybe we'd get different results if it was larger or multi-person'

e: lol no generics? that's loving ridiculous

HORATIO HORNBLOWER
Sep 21, 2002

no ambition,
no talent,
no chance
tef: the worst poster

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

yaoi prophet posted:

i can't wait for people to take this one paper and use it to argue that there is no point to static type systems ever

you hardly need that paper to argue that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how long will it take for me to learn how to make an ios app

the app is incredibly simple
like literally as simple as an app can get unless the only job of the app is to have a black screen

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
oh just what the world needs another flashlight app

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

HORATIO HORNBLOWER posted:

tef: the worst poster

same

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

echinopsis posted:

how long will it take for me to learn how to make an ios app

the app is incredibly simple
like literally as simple as an app can get unless the only job of the app is to have a black screen

try this course from stanford, i think it's the best way to learn ios programming https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/ipad-iphone-application-development/id473757255

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gazpacho posted:

no i was actually joking it is literally as simple as making the screen black

i cant believe there arent apps for situations like concerts or movies when you dont want the screen to illuminate youreself or others or be a distraction etc

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

echinopsis posted:

no i was actually joking it is literally as simple as making the screen black

i cant believe there arent apps for situations like concerts or movies when you dont want the screen to illuminate youreself or others or be a distraction etc

there's a button on the top of the phone to make the screen black, or even not black sometimes

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

vapid cutlery posted:

there's a button on the top of the phone to make the screen black, or even not black sometimes

yeah and apple hates buttons

when they put a physical one you should take notice because its probably pretty drat important

anderoid: im talking to you (hint that home button isnt there on accident!)

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

Sniep posted:

yeah and apple hates buttons

when they put a physical one you should take notice because its probably pretty drat important

anderoid: im talking to you (hint that home button isnt there on accident!)

i don't understand how not every phone has a ringer switch

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Gazpacho posted:

i saw a flashlight app that advertised itself as having the fastest press-to-light time

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

vapid cutlery posted:

i don't understand how not every phone has a ringer switch

because some people do not live lives which are dictated by rules of class and decorum.

i.e. it's fine at any circumstance to bust out your phone and take 15-20 seconds unlocking and finding then toggling the silent function. certainly when a call is coming in and your boss is speaking to you directly, or in any social situation which isn't held at mcdonalds

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
i always have my phone on silent so when i turn silent off & my phone rings i crack up because my ringtone is the included Robot one

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008
i don't remember when i started going silent-always, but it's saved me many times. i guess it just happened naturally.

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008
like you know how every android user has the exact same ringtone as everyone else for messages and phone calls? i don't have that problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

i cant remember the last time my phone was off vibrate and ive had a cell phone since 2001