Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target
A few years back when Windows XP was all the rage their used to be wallpaper packs put together as part of the XP Beautification Thread or something like that. I've checked Archives but all the hosted links are long dead.

The wallpaper I'm after specifically is a cartoon dog in a shopping trolley on a orangey background. It would seriously make my day if someone still has that kicking around somewhere :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Professor Shark posted:

Similar, but not the same. The video I'm looking for is even less of a fight, the boxer just shrugs in a "what did you expect?" manner at the end while the EMTs are getting the ninja guy taken to the hospital.

Could be this one with pajama kick-man Fred Ettish:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5maknndsas&t=27s

Or possibly this one where Travis Fulton wins with a brutal slam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8tVTuNZ3Zw

Tweek
Feb 1, 2005

I have more disposable income than you.

Zahgaegun posted:

Part of the problem is that it's spelled 'Hedphone', at least in the version I have:

Artist: Advanced Healing
Album: Hedphone Sex II

Thank you, but that doesn't look like it. The one I remember had a white cover with black or grey headphones on it. Possibly smoke, though I may be remembering another free album on the forums.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ein posted:

Or possibly this one where Travis Fulton wins with a brutal slam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8tVTuNZ3Zw

This is it- not quite how I remembered it, but still pretty awesome!

Suzuran
Sep 14, 2012

Buml0r posted:

It was a bright and celebratory fanfare, with a sort of chip music sound to it, and it ended with a man bellowing "INTERNET!" in a happy voice.

Yeah this is really old, but it looks like you never got an answer. Is this what you were looking for?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12368207/Crap/INTERNET.swf

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
About 7-10 years ago there was someone's blog that was basically creative writing bs, it was about 2 brothers living through a zombie apocalypse, one had a recurring dream about a yeti or something. This was all based in Australia and involved a MAERSK shipping boat, and eventually aliens I think. Anyone remember this?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Headhunter posted:

A few years back when Windows XP was all the rage their used to be wallpaper packs put together as part of the XP Beautification Thread or something like that. I've checked Archives but all the hosted links are long dead.

The wallpaper I'm after specifically is a cartoon dog in a shopping trolley on a orangey background. It would seriously make my day if someone still has that kicking around somewhere :)

Have you tried running those URL's through the WayBack machine?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Since the science & academics forum never responded to me,I guess I'm going to ask again here.

I'm a sociology student currently engaged in a course on the sociology of deviance. I've got a paper to write in which I'd like to challenge some of the arguments of social learning theory as they relate to social deviance, and I remember reading a few years ago an article (posted somewhere on these forums, possibly even in GBS,) which argued that (normal) children develop an understanding of "make believe" which allows them to differentiate the fantasy violence of television, movies, videogames etc. from real world violence, and filter out the positive portrayals of fantasy violence from their developing sense of morality.

Unfortunately, I cannot locate this article. I can't recall the title, the authors, or the journal which published it. I've searched the probable databases which my university subscribes to, but had no luck turning up the article in question or anything similar. What I'm hoping is that somebody remembers the article better than me, and can help guide me toward it. The paper is due in two weeks, and while this article isn't crucial for me to make my point, it would definitely help.

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007
:sidvicious:

It's not an internet thing, its a movie, but I honestly don't know where else to ask, I've tried googling various versions of the same phrase, and I did a forum search to try and find a "help me remember this movie" thread but couldn't. Its either a zombie or other outbreak movie, one of the main characters is a huge douche with a cowboy hat, and at the end of the movie during a Mexican standoff with police he gives himself up and is shot so his companions can escape. This is literally all I can remember, if someone has any idea what this is please help! Its not Carriers or Splinter, although both are awesome and both have standoffs.

Two Piece
Jul 30, 2011

~*wonk*~
Edit:

Nevermind, after some clever googling of all the things I could remember being hosted on the site, I found it! http://musigh.com/

This was the "guy running through the snow" video I'd mentioned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYDPdm9QZnw

Two Piece fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 28, 2012

Ein
Feb 27, 2002

Sid Vicious posted:

It's not an internet thing, its a movie, but I honestly don't know where else to ask, I've tried googling various versions of the same phrase, and I did a forum search to try and find a "help me remember this movie" thread but couldn't. Its either a zombie or other outbreak movie, one of the main characters is a huge douche with a cowboy hat, and at the end of the movie during a Mexican standoff with police he gives himself up and is shot so his companions can escape. This is literally all I can remember, if someone has any idea what this is please help! Its not Carriers or Splinter, although both are awesome and both have standoffs.

Could be The Crazies, it recently got a remake as well.

Old one from 1973:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069895/

New one from 2010:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455407/

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Ein posted:

Could be The Crazies, it recently got a remake as well.

Old one from 1973:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069895/

New one from 2010:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455407/

It's been a while since I watched the Romero version, but the remake definitely has the scene mentioned.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Headhunter posted:

Is this what you are thinking of?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Pretty sure this was on Coast to Coast AM, but does anyone remember that recording of a few radio hosts talking to a guest (or maybe just to each other), and then there was a really creepy voice that said something unintelligible, and no one knew where it came from?

Would love to hear it again.

virtual256
May 6, 2007

I remember way back in the day there was a page with a numbered list of items on it.
I can't remember what the first one was, but the second one had "See also number 1" in it.
Going down the list, there were many other entries, frequently ending with "see also number 1", and at least one with "see also number 2"

Sadly, all my googleing attempts have failed.

Any ideas?

A second thing was a giant questionnaire on "Why Should I convert to your religion?" containing something ridiculous like 50 pages of questions, some of them mutually exclusive.

Last seen by me around a decade ago, at the latest.

Sleepfin
Sep 2, 2008
I am looking at a finnish girls fashion blog. Blond with big juggs and who kind of did not know that she was hot as hell. Her age is around 20 I think, maybe few years more.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target

Lladre posted:

Is this what you are thinking of?

Yes!

You are my new hero :)

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for an XKCD parody comic that I saw a year or two ago. I remember it starts with the stick-figure guy saying something like "I have a whimsical and puckish sense of humour! Some call it autism!" and ends with him pissing himself. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I remember a youtube video of someone called vvv or something it was a slowed down and distorted version of the BeeGees Words, with the color all hosed up. It made the song sound all creepy and ominous. I've tried searching for it on youtube,but can't seem to find it. Anyone here know what I'm talking about and where I could see the video?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Vincent posted:

I remember a youtube video of someone called vvv or something it was a slowed down and distorted version of the BeeGees Words, with the color all hosed up. It made the song sound all creepy and ominous. I've tried searching for it on youtube,but can't seem to find it. Anyone here know what I'm talking about and where I could see the video?

Thats by v/vm. There was a good version awhile back but it got pulled down, have this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0lkXUew6CE

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

BooDoug187 posted:

Thats by v/vm. There was a good version awhile back but it got pulled down, have this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0lkXUew6CE

Thank you so much!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm looking for that video of two girls dancing and (probably) lip syncing to some song that was really popular on the radio, and there's this incredibly fat baby on the couch dancing with them. About halfway through the video, the baby falls face-first off of the couch, onto the ground, and the girls keep dancing, stopping only once or twice to nudge the kid with their feet.

Goddamned hilarious.

EDIT: Found it. Who knew that typing 'Girls dancing fat baby couch' into youtube would work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDCYLS7-Xk4

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 29, 2012

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm looking for that video of two girls dancing and (probably) lip syncing to some song that was really popular on the radio, and there's this incredibly fat baby on the couch dancing with them. About halfway through the video, the baby falls face-first off of the couch, onto the ground, and the girls keep dancing, stopping only once or twice to nudge the kid with their feet.

Goddamned hilarious.

EDIT: Found it. Who knew that typing 'Girls dancing fat baby couch' into youtube would work.

What the hell did I just watch? That baby on the couch just looked like a really fat, mute toddler. I absolutely lost it with laughter when he fell to the floor, and they just kinda shrugged and kept on dancing.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Tex Avery posted:

What the hell did I just watch? That baby on the couch just looked like a really fat, mute toddler. I absolutely lost it with laughter when he fell to the floor, and they just kinda shrugged and kept on dancing.

I was laughing and totally creeped out at the same time. It starts out like a Harmony Korine movie then when the baby collapses it takes a hard right into David Lynch territory.

Sihastru
May 17, 2007
How dare I write anything here ?
Looking for that an animated gif of a guy giving thumbs up and then the words "funny" float into his fist and it turns green and punches through a computer screen.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I'm looking for a photoshop someone on SA did of a Tea Party rally. It was a They Live parody where the top part of it had the original signs and the bottom part has the "filtered" signs, as if seen through the sunglasses, and they all say "friend of the family" or other racial slurs.

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
There was a "movie scenes with inappropriate music" thread a long time back, featuring the scene from Unbreakable where Samuel L. Jackson falls down the stairs coupled with some sports theme. Does anyone still have that video file?

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:

Lifepuzzler posted:

There was a "movie scenes with inappropriate music" thread a long time back, featuring the scene from Unbreakable where Samuel L. Jackson falls down the stairs coupled with some sports theme. Does anyone still have that video file?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8lXs6CqUsI

Pretty sure this one's it.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Sihastru posted:

Looking for that an animated gif of a guy giving thumbs up and then the words "funny" float into his fist and it turns green and punches through a computer screen.

There is this one

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Alright I'm not sure if this right place to ask this but several years back I read this story I thing it was called no escape or there is no escape basically it was about a guy trapped in a house that was impossible to escape from he finally escapes goes home goes into his bathroom and finds a note that says there is no escape and with that the bathroom door slams shut.

jai Mundi
Jun 17, 2005

Kiss my shiny metal heinie
I am desperately looking for RuPaul's Drag Race, Season 1. I am willing to buy the DVD if I could find it. I've found a lot of dead ends, but no actual video. You can't watch it on iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon...

Seriously, if someone owns the DVD, can I borrow it? Or buy it?

Thanks.

flagella
Feb 26, 2011

the sweetness of our dreams,
like mountains made of steam.
Ok, this isn't long lost, but could someone please tell me the name of that twitter account that just posts homoerotic-sounding quotes from sports announcers? Forgot to follow them last time I saw it.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

awesomebrah posted:

Alright I'm not sure if this right place to ask this but several years back I read this story I thing it was called no escape or there is no escape basically it was about a guy trapped in a house that was impossible to escape from he finally escapes goes home goes into his bathroom and finds a note that says there is no escape and with that the bathroom door slams shut.
Don't know the story but was able to google it with your hints (why yes i'm bored): http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Only_Way_Out

Edit: @jai Mundi: Doesn't seem to exist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuPaul%27s_Drag_Race#DVD_releases

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 31, 2012

Paranoia
Dec 23, 2005

I'm watching you!
Oooookay, I've got three of them. Good luck, internet superstars!

A youtube video that was clips from Doug, the cartoon, mostly featuring skeeter, reedited to be really jarring and dark. I think it was just called Skeeter or Honk Honk, which makes it nearly impossible to find.

A shadowrun-based podcast that only ran for four or five episodes, around the time 4e was released (2005? 2006?) and also, the techno // house artist who did the theme song. She had a bunch of other good cyberpunk-y jams, too, the only title I remember is Alice.

A cassette tape of songs that can only be described as TEXAS AS HELL. I listened to it when I was a kid, but I think it was my older brother's originally, so circa 1985? The one track that really stuck out in my mind was a stirring taps(?)-esque drum and horn bit while a man recites the name of those who died defending the Alamo. William. BarETT. Travis.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

There was this 'educational' game when I was really young, and I remember you were a guy who had to save a wizard from a witch. You started on the left, and could click characters to make them move. Your guy could move from the left to the right, and you had to reach the witch and then she'd fly away and you'd win. There was this big hairy guy in the forest who was also trying to catch you and he'd move around too. The witch could cast some sort of bolt thingy at a certain distance - each level increased the distance, and by level ~6 she could instantly kill you with it, so the trick was to make the hairy monster move in front of the bolt so she'd use up her single spell to kill him, but then later levels she'd have more than one spell.

Also, if she had her wand up when you moved into her, you'd die because her wand was very pointy. For some reason, I really want to finish playing this game, if only to solve the puzzle. The program probably won't be compatible with my operating system (it's an old game), but I have to try. There was a lot more to the program than this little section, but this little section is the only bit I'm interested in. It's probably intended for children under 12, but I'm a child at heart, dammit :argh:

RobTG
Sep 11, 2001

by T. Finninho

Lifepuzzler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBxsCI4hif8

athena
Feb 9, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Goddamned hilarious.

I thought the baby/thing was trying to dance along, then I realised it was rocking before the music even started :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Another youtube request, years ago, there was a 'PYF creepiest youtube user' (fantastic thread, btw). There was one video posted that, to me, was the creepiest. It was shot from below, looking up at someone who was wearing what looked to be a winter jacket with a winter hat on, with sunglasses. They were smiling this really creepy smile the whole time, almost like they were trying not to laugh.

Behind them, you could see bananas duct-taped to the ceiling, and during the video, you could hear a robotic voice saying 'I am not a stupid motherfucker'.

I get kind of :gonk: just thinking about it.

iamathousandapples
Jul 12, 2012

Paranoia posted:

A youtube video that was clips from Doug, the cartoon, mostly featuring skeeter, reedited to be really jarring and dark. I think it was just called Skeeter or Honk Honk, which makes it nearly impossible to find.

you mean this comic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

RabbitWizard posted:

Don't know the story but was able to google it with your hints (why yes i'm bored): http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Only_Way_Out

Edit: @jai Mundi: Doesn't seem to exist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuPaul%27s_Drag_Race#DVD_releases

Thank you so much.

• Locked thread