Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

I'm pretty sure we'll never see a parallel PC release with console releases from Rockstar. It's a pretty good marketing strategy from a business point of view.

I mean, I know I'm considering getting it for consoles just to play at release, and I know I'm not the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm more likely to get it on the consoles because it won't run like poo poo for 3+ months until they patch it.

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Apple users are too busy looking at their twittergrams and iApps to play video games and never noticed.

Uh

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

That Awful Nick posted:

GTA IV already had the iFruit and made extensive fun at the expense of Apple customers with little repercussion.

They did it way back in 06 with Vice City Stories. Maybe there should be a rival droid phone you can buy.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

BrandonGK posted:

They did it way back in 06 with Vice City Stories. Maybe there should be a rival droid phone you can buy.

What was the apple spoof in Vice City Stories? Never had the chance to play it.

I think there was an android parody somewhere in Gay Tony but not sure. On the internet maybe?

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

marktheando posted:

What was the apple spoof in Vice City Stories? Never had the chance to play it.

It also has a radio commercial that's a parody of the 1984 commercial.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I want to give you money R*, just make a PC version alright.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

I hope this applies to this thread as well.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:

Droopy Goines posted:

I'm hoping it doesn't, because I want to vent off at the fact there's no announcement for a PC release.

I don't mind Rockstar giving us a delayed release date by like 2 or 3 months, that's fine to me, especially if they make the Port 100% amazing because of it (like on Max Payne 3)

But if I lose on this game like I lost on Red Dead Redemption, I'll be pretty pissed.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

I don't mind Rockstar giving us a delayed release date by like 2 or 3 months, that's fine to me, especially if they make the Port 100% amazing because of it (like on Max Payne 3)

The comment does sound like they're focusing on making the console versions now and the PC version after they're done with them.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
As someone who uses a pc as my main gaming platform, I'm curious as to how some of you pc gamers don't even have an xbox 360 or ps3?

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

I'm a weird combination of Xbox gamer + macfag. :allears:

So R*, GTA V on OS X, make it happen.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:

Himuro posted:

As someone who uses a pc as my main gaming platform, I'm curious as to how some of you pc gamers don't even have an xbox 360 or ps3?

I hate playing on a Console, I hate gamepads (especially for shooty games) and I don't even have a TV that could properly be set up for a console.

I have yet to find a game that makes it worth for me to go buy a console, and not even Red Dead Redemption is on that list. Although I still get angry I can't play it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Himuro posted:

My newest console is a gamecube/ps2. my Buddie has a 360 that i play shorter must-play games on if really needed.
Open world sandbox is something I want to own myself, but I won't buy a console for it.
Also I'm a student so I don't have money for both and I just stick with pc for now. :colbert:

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

Himuro posted:

Sold my 360 because I don't want to pay for gold on top of games and dlc anymore. At least with Steam I have discounts to look forward to.

I can't say the announcement/that dev comment is surprising to me because it seems to be easier for developers to work on the console version and then try to scale it up or be less restrictive when working on the PC port instead of the other way around where they have to constantly analyze what they need to cut in order to make it work on a console.

I have faith, surely Rockstar has learned from past experiences. It can't be as bad as GTA IV's initial release. :smithicide:

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

I hate playing on a Console, I hate gamepads (especially for shooty games) and I don't even have a TV that could properly be set up for a console.

I have yet to find a game that makes it worth for me to go buy a console, and not even Red Dead Redemption is on that list. Although I still get angry I can't play it.

You can hook them up to your monitor. A lot of people use consoles who don't even have tvs.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
Its just not worth the investment, I'm not gonna buy a console for 100 bucks and buy a game for 60 bucks when I'll hate the control scheme and just wait for it to come out on PC, to then buy it again and spend 60 bucks more.

And if it ends up never coming out for the PC, well, whatever, gently caress you Rockstar, you lose on a sale.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

An Unoriginal Name posted:

I can't say the announcement/that dev comment is surprising to me because it seems to be easier for developers to work on the console version and then try to scale it up or be less restrictive when working on the PC port instead of the other way around where they have to constantly analyze what they need to cut in order to make it work on a console.

Yeah I don't get how PC gamers would be surprised at all by this news. Especially with a GTA game.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I can understand preferring kbm, but I don't think modern shooter controls with a controller are bad at all. In fact, many games like Vanquish are based solely around the controller. Even games like the new X-Com which seem like they're better with kbm are better suited for controller. They're certainly not bad enough to miss out on a game you're looking forward to just because you can't do headshots within a quarter of a second anymore due to aim lag but okay.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Knightmare posted:

Yeah I don't get how PC gamers would be surprised at all by this news. Especially with a GTA game.
Max Payne 3 was later, but announced. That is the thing; most of us likely knew it would come out much later but we just want to know well get it.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
I don't mind waiting months for it, I just want to know if I'm getting it.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Droopy Goines posted:

I'll have to dust off my xbox I guess. Oh and holy poo poo, the racing will be back because they're will be people playing for like 4 months again!

What's GTAv's version of apple corp called? Twig and Berries? Also, look at dat helicopter in the background, looking all Need for Speedish. I hope that cops arrest people more, so I can bait AI into getting arrested.

Its just not worth the investment, I'm not gonna buy a console for 100 bucks and buy a game for 60 bucks when I'll hate the control scheme and just wait for it to come out on PC, to then buy it again and spend 60 bucks more.

And if it ends up never coming out for the PC, well, whatever, gently caress you Rockstar, you lose on a sale.
Xbox control scheme is awesome I love it. What's there not to like? Lights: check; Horn: Check, E-brake while you accelerate to do cool-rear end circle burnouts knocking over pedestrians: check; analog support for driving: check... you get it.

Also, $160 for how many hours of enjoyment? Probably at least 30 just for SP goofiness that's like $5 an hour. Then there's all that sweet sweet MP action.

R* should go the F2P mmo model with the next GTA. I know it sounds crazy, but PS2 is doing an awesome job (constant updates and fixes and response to the community input) and I think it would help R* alot and get us some kind of crazy continuous GTA.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

Himuro posted:

I can understand preferring kbm, but I don't think modern shooter controls with a controller are bad at all. In fact, many games like Vanquish are based solely around the controller. Even games like the new X-Com which seem like they're better with kbm are better suited for controller. They're certainly not bad enough to miss out on a game you're looking forward to just because you can't do headshots within a quarter of a second anymore due to aim lag but okay.

This is what my adapter for my wireless 360 controller is for! To add to your example I recently picked up Dark Souls and it's way more tolerable on a pad at first, but I'm already back to kbam because I worked out all the bugs that riddled it.

I need to get a wired controller instead because god drat this thing drops connection a lot for no reason

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just hope it doesn't look like utter dogshit on a big HDTV like 4 does.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
My xbox 360 wireless adapter has never dropped me. May wanna look into that.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Zedd posted:

Max Payne 3 was later, but announced. That is the thing; most of us likely knew it would come out much later but we just want to know well get it.

And LA Noire was announced after console release. And Red Dead never even came to PC. None of those games mean anything to how they deal with GTA, and it's safe to assume they will announce and release the PC version after the console version is out just like every other GTA game has been.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

Himuro posted:

My xbox 360 wireless adapter has never dropped me. May wanna look into that.

It's probably because I got mine for cheap from some place that shipped out of Hong Kong. I've thoroughly inspected it for the markings of a copycat, and it does work 80% of the time, but I guess that's the price I (didn't) pay. :downs:

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.
At a certain point I think they should just say gently caress it and spare us the heartache of another lovely PC Port like GTAIV got.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
I dunno, I haven't been following GTAV too closely just because I have enough open world games to play between the new Saint's Row and Sleeping Dogs. I played and beat Redemption on my PS3, but I honestly feel like that game was lighting in a bottle at this point, since R* laid off a good chunk of that team after it was finished. I still really don't understand their reasoning behind not releasing on PC. Did this whole "spaghetti code" thing start with them or with fans? As a programmer, I have a hard time buying that.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Zedd posted:

Even then it's not worth playing. My gaming rig plays GTAIV badly, with a lot of wierd jitter that I couldn't seem to fix. But I do wish they would make an optimized PC version just because PC is always the best. Bought Max Payne 3 but haven't played it yet. Probably could have waited for the winter sale and got it 66% off because I still won't have played it by then! So I paid for a premium that I never used.

ZackHoagie posted:

At a certain point I think they should just say gently caress it and spare us the heartache of another lovely PC Port like GTAIV got.
Or maybe Microsoft should let us run the 360 OS in a VM or something nuts like that.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Frankston posted:

I just hope it doesn't look like utter dogshit on a big HDTV like 4 does.

I hope they actually have a big HUD. I recently popped in RDR, playing it on an hdtv for the first time (amazing by the way) and Jesus Christ, there's nothing wrong with going with a minimalist UI but for the love of god make it so I don't have to squint. This is probably because I have a 32' lcd but still.

Bovineicide posted:

I dunno, I haven't been following GTAV too closely just because I have enough open world games to play between the new Saint's Row and Sleeping Dogs. I played and beat Redemption on my PS3, but I honestly feel like that game was lighting in a bottle at this point, since R* laid off a good chunk of that team after it was finished. I still really don't understand their reasoning behind not releasing on PC. Did this whole "spaghetti code" thing start with them or with fans? As a programmer, I have a hard time buying that.

They laid off a portion of the RDR team? Oh my gosh, bad news. I was hoping they'd use sense and scoop a bunch of those guys up to help them develop GTAV, because everyone knows RDR steamrolls and expands upon everything GTAIV tried to do.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 30, 2012

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
double post, gently caress.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I never had issues with the GTA4 port after the first 1-2 patches, it's a very hit and miss port.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

The 1.7 patch gave me a huge boost in performance and actually allowed me to turn most things up from low to high and still run smoothly for the most part.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Who brings a full length mirror to the beach to take a self portrait

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Someone who gives a poo poo about their appearance. Duh.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Robolizard! posted:

Who brings a full length mirror to the beach to take a self portrait

Most smartphones have a front facing camera for self shots, but it's facing that way primarily because it lets the artist show off the ifruit logos.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Is this what you do for every game that comes out for consoles before PC?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Well this is pretty awesome news to wake up to! I guess it also means the leaked box art from a couple of days back is legit as well.

And yeah, that bikini girl is 100% Kate Upton. I'm not going to google for comparison pictures at work, but yeah. It's a splitting image of her. Super excited to see what else they've got coming up for us this week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Has anyone here noticed that they took Vice City off the Steam store?

• Locked thread