Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Glenn Danzig posted:

I am not sure where anyone is making a "mountain" about it. There are words dropped out on at least 4 pages though, 127, 128, 131 and 233. Really sucks for a $50 book to have multiple words missing.

It's a $34 book. If you paid $50 you got ripped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

wildlele posted:

It's a $34 book. If you paid $50 you got ripped

Fair enough.

Really sucks for a $34 book to have multiple words on multiple pages missing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's sucks that a book with a $50 price tag has printing errors.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

Rhyno posted:

It's sucks that a book with a $50 price tag has printing errors.

Hey buddy, don't just show up here flinging around your logic, this is the internet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

Hey buddy, don't just show up here flinging around your logic, this is the internet.

:goonsay:

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Now the question is, will Marvel care enough to fix it? Volume. 1 had at least 4 printings and I would expect the same here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wildlele posted:

Now the question is, will Marvel care enough to fix it? Volume. 1 had at least 4 printings and I would expect the same here.

They probably will in future printings but don't expect them to offer a replacement on the book to anyone.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
It's already been returned. I don't care anymore.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

wildlele posted:

Looking at the book there are two pages where this happens. Page 127 where we miss one word 'Tracy' and page 131 where nothing is missing, just one line of one word balloon with a few words cut in half but you can still read it.

Unless I missed more, this is a mountain out of a molehill.

Carry on...

wildlele posted:

It's already been returned. I don't care anymore.

So it's gone from "mountain out of a molehill" to you returning the book in just 9 posts. Good work.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Shameless posted:

So it's gone from "mountain out of a molehill" to you returning the book in just 9 posts. Good work.

Thanks bro. Fist bump. Turns out the floppies have extra content. Binding my own. Post 10

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This beast is out tomorrow

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I was gonna just stick with my original hardcover but, nah, ain't gonna happen. This is going on the Xmas list.

Shameless fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 30, 2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shameless posted:

I was gonna just stick wtith my original hardcover but, nah, ain't gonna happen. This is going on the Xmas list.

I'd thought the same thing until I opened the box today.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
How did they color Mr Miracle and Sunny Sumo? Same as the HC?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

StumblyWumbly posted:

How did they color Mr Miracle and Sunny Sumo? Same as the HC?

I can't buy it until tomorrow so I don't know yet.

solidrooster
Apr 8, 2009

Rhyno posted:

The story might have been divisive, but I absolutely loved it. And the absolute should have more story pages added too! Can't wait to re-read it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is it something to read unto itself, that absolute is gorgeous. I've heard it's a bit dense.

solidrooster
Apr 8, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is it something to read unto itself, that absolute is gorgeous. I've heard it's a bit dense.

Everything that Morrison has written for the event is collected in this one book. The story is a bit dense, but if you're open to crazy rear end sci-fi concepts then I think you will like it. Just realize that Morrison wanted to write a crossover event that wasn't just limited to a cinematic style that most comics tend to emulate. He wanted to do crazy things that can only be done in the comics medium.

Here's a link to a Final Crisis 'Cliff Notes', which could help you understand some things after your read:http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2009/02/26/final-crisis-cliffs-notes/

If you read it, let me know what you think!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I've never read any Deadpool books but I've always been intrigued by the character, is this book here any good?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

I've never read any Deadpool books but I've always been intrigued by the character, is this book here any good?

Good god no.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Every time I read my plastic man trades I ask myself what the hell happened to Kyle Baker. It's tragic.

And speaking of which: the first plastic man trade is without a doubt the smelliest book I've ever owned. It's like a chemical fire on your bookshelf.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

And speaking of which: the first plastic man trade is without a doubt the smelliest book I've ever owned. It's like a chemical fire on your bookshelf.
Evil Dead "Book of the Dead" DVD smelly?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

redbackground posted:

Evil Dead "Book of the Dead" DVD smelly?
Exactly. I opened mine in the car ride home after a con and we had to have all the windows down all the way home because the smell was making people nauseous.

It fades with time but when you took the shrink wrap off my god it's a powerful stink.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

We're definitely in the holiday shipping season. I got the Metabarons hardcover, the Donald Duck hardcover, and Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind box set on my doorstep all on the same day. That's a lot of good comics to get all at once...

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Random Stranger posted:

We're definitely in the holiday shipping season. I got the Metabarons hardcover, the Donald Duck hardcover, and Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind box set on my doorstep all on the same day. That's a lot of good comics to get all at once...

How big are the Nausicaa books? I've been debating pulling the trigger, but this month is a goddamn killer for me on trades.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I've decided to really purge some stuff as I have way too much poo poo right now. Keep an eye on the For Sale thread in SA-Mart. Gonna seriously try to move a lot of somewhat sought after books this week.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bairfanx posted:

How big are the Nausicaa books? I've been debating pulling the trigger, but this month is a goddamn killer for me on trades.

They're a bit bigger than a normal trade. Two hardcover volumes in a really nice looking slip case and each volume is around 550 pages. I recall when First printed the series back in the 80's that they gave it really nice coloring job (though my memory may be faulty there since it's been more than twenty years since I've read that version) and these volumes are your standard black and white.

It's a really terrific set for the $33 I paid through Amazon but I agree that I wish November wasn't such a rough month for releases...

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

bairfanx posted:

They're pretty big.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

xK1 posted:

They're pretty big.

Chris Sims spotted.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

redbackground posted:

Chris Sims spotted.

No, just trying to do my part to get 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand instituted as a universal method of measurement. :patriot:

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

xK1 posted:

They're pretty big.

Ugh, I just dropped money on Absolute FC, and it is wonderful, but seeing how big those are and how much I love what I've read of it, I have to get them.

Was going to order it last night, didn't, and now it's under review at Amazon. God dammit.

bairfanx fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 8, 2012

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

redbackground posted:

Chris Sims spotted.

Or Jeff Gerstman.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex
How's the binding on the Nausicaa hardcovers? Viz isn't exactly known for doing big HCs like that, so I'm a bit worried...

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

It's finally been solicited!!!

MARSHAL LAW: THE DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by PAT MILLS
Art and cover by KEVIN O’NEILL
On sale APRIL 17 • 480 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $49.99 US • MATURE READERS
• MARSHAL LAW is back in a new, deluxe edition hardcover! This futuristic law official is charged with policing super-heroes gone rogue by any means necessary, all while fighting his own self-hatred for being the thing he hates most: a super-hero.
• Featuring art by Kevin O’Neill, illustrator of THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN, the centerpiece of this massive volume is the six-part tale in which Marshal Law hunts down the Sleepman, a serial killer who is somehow connected to the popular hero known as The Public Spirit.
• Collects MARSHAL LAW #1-6, MARSHAL LAW: FEAR AND LOATHING, MARSHAL LAW TAKES MANHATTAN, MARSHAL LAW: KINGDOM OF THE BLIND and MARSHAL LAW: THE HATEFUL DEAD, MARSHAL LAW: SUPER BABYLON and MARSHAL LAW: SECRET TRIBUNAL #1-2.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Also from DC...

THE JACK KIRBY OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
Written by JACK KIRBY, JOE SIMON, MICHAEL FLEISCHER, JOEY CAVALIERI and others
Art by JACK KIRBY, JOE SIMON, MIKE ROYER, WALLACE WOOD and others
Cover by JACK KIRBY
On sale APRIL 17 • 624 pg, FC, $39.99 US
• Collecting more of Jack Kirby’s epic tales from the 1970s and 1980s starring The Sandman, The Justice League, Atlas and many more.
• Collects BLACK MAGIC #1-9, 1ST ISSUE SPECIAL #1, 5 and 6, KUNG FU FIGHTER #3, THE SANDMAN #1-6, DC COMICS PRESENTS #84, SUPER POWERS VOL.1 #1-5 and SUPER POWERS VOL. 2 #1-6, and KOBRA #1.

THE NEW TEEN TITANS OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC
Written by MARV WOLFMAN and GEORGE PEREZ
Art by GEORGE PEREZ, ROMEO TANGHAL, DAN JURGENS, MIKE DeCARLO, STEVE RUDE, AL GORDON, CARMINE INFANTINO, RICH BUCKLER, BOB SMITH, DICK GIORDANO, RON RANDALL, CHUCK PATTON and JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ
Cover by GEORGE PEREZ
On sale APRIL 3 • 792 pg, FC, $75.00 US
• In this third massive collection of the hit 1980s series from the acclaimed team of writer Marv Wolfman and artist George Perez, the Teen battle the villainy of H.I.V.E., face the evil Dr. Light, witness the trial of Deathstroke, and try to rescue the dark hero known as Raven from her own father, Trigon.
• Collects TALES OF THE TEEN TITANS #45- 61 and 66-67, NEW TEEN TITANS #38, NEW TEEN TITANS #1-6 and SECRET ORIGINS ANNUAL #3.

February's shaping up to be the most expensive month I'll have had for a long while.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Hatter106 posted:

How's the binding on the Nausicaa hardcovers? Viz isn't exactly known for doing big HCs like that, so I'm a bit worried...

It seems pretty solid. They open wide with no sign of tension on the binding; no stressed feeling on the pages or cracking sound. Feels very tight so I was concerned that it might be a problem. It does seem like it's glued, though.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
What is going on with the OSHC for the Avengers Vs X-Men book on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-X-Men-Brian-Michael-Bendis/dp/0785163174/ref=tmm_hrd_title_1

I thought at first it was just getting the usual price gouging, but it just got released and now its under review? Any reason why I shouldn't grab it from another vendor or is something crazy wrong with it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

What is going on with the OSHC for the Avengers Vs X-Men book on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-X-Men-Brian-Michael-Bendis/dp/0785163174/ref=tmm_hrd_title_1

I thought at first it was just getting the usual price gouging, but it just got released and now its under review? Any reason why I shouldn't grab it from another vendor or is something crazy wrong with it?

Its still available from diamond or it was this afternoon so I don't know what the heck is up with that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
It could be something as simple as there shipping being bad and causing damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
Well, we'd better mark them up to $100 then

Edit: I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating a bunch, because the 3rd Party prices aren't terrible, but one vendor has it at $9,999 :shrug:

DEVILDOGOOORAH fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 15, 2012