Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I can't be the only one who thinks the new collars look ridiculous. And I don't just mean than translucent cross-hatching nonsense on the front, specifically talking about how every team that has a collar that's a different color than their jersey looks like they're wearing 80's power shirts.

I'm seriously watching a football game, but all I'm thinking is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ll5yizGLo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I can't be the only one who thinks the new collars look ridiculous. And I don't just mean than translucent cross-hatching nonsense on the front, specifically talking about how every team that has a collar that's a different color than their jersey looks like they're wearing 80's power shirts.

I'm seriously watching a football game, but all I'm thinking is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ll5yizGLo

I have no issue with the collars of a different color, in fact I kind of like it, but the visible wireframe on the front V of the collar looks terrible. It's only visible on dark colors, but it still looks awful.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The new collars are fuckin awful.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
browns dont wear collars :Smugdogwhichisappropriateforsevreasons:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

So is Maryland gonna continue dressing like clowns as long as they keep playing like clowns?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Febreeze posted:

I have no issue with the collars of a different color, in fact I kind of like it, but the visible wireframe on the front V of the collar looks terrible. It's only visible on dark colors, but it still looks awful.

i bet they wouldn't look as bad if they made the collars go all the way around !

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Obama Yo Mama posted:

i bet they wouldn't look as bad if they made the collars go all the way around !

That too. The collars ending halfway around looks terrible as poo poo.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Febreeze posted:

That too. The collars ending halfway around looks terrible as poo poo.

Real glad the Panthers somehow avoided that.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

RumbleFish posted:

Real glad the Panthers somehow avoided that.

I wish NHL teams had the option to tell Reebok to gently caress off when they did the same thing. It's pretty awesome that 4 teams rejected FLYWIRE (tm) and 5 teams rejected the design completely.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

ElwoodCuse posted:

I wish NHL teams had the option to tell Reebok to gently caress off when they did the same thing. It's pretty awesome that 4 teams rejected FLYWIRE (tm) and 5 teams rejected the design completely.
But they're at a competitive disadvantage without the reduced weight and lockdown fit and increased articulation and zoned mesh ventilation :ohdear:

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

On the matter of Fly Collars or whatever, (i think) the Texans are the only team with a different-colored fly collar that goes all the way around:

So I honestly wonder why they only had it for one team. Why do it the right way only once?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I see no problem here:

:smug:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

jordjevic posted:

On the matter of Fly Collars or whatever, (i think) the Texans are the only team with a different-colored fly collar that goes all the way around:

So I honestly wonder why they only had it for one team. Why do it the right way only once?

It looks different because the Texans chose to not have the flywire/Nikelace collar. So it's solid red because that's the way it was before the Nike changes in material and fit. They don't have that two-tone neck roll thing going on either.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
bengals look like dog dick as always

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Not sure if you guys are aware, probably are but, through eastbay.com you can get legit fan gear including some jereseys (range is really limited) for a whole lot cheaper than NFLShop.com

If you're outside of the US their shipping is about 40 bucks, but it takes 4 days to arrive.

I saved about a hundred bucks buying some new nike trainers and some Panthers gear rather than buying retail or through NFLshop.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

jordjevic posted:

Honestly I think the Texans collar looks shittier than most because it's like 3 inches wide all the way around.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I would like to recommend Nike Dry Fit shorts to anyone who likes to be lazy. These things are the greatest things since Zubaz. Also known as "players sideline short"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

BlindSite posted:

Not sure if you guys are aware, probably are but, through eastbay.com you can get legit fan gear including some jereseys (range is really limited) for a whole lot cheaper than NFLShop.com

If you're outside of the US their shipping is about 40 bucks, but it takes 4 days to arrive.

I saved about a hundred bucks buying some new nike trainers and some Panthers gear rather than buying retail or through NFLshop.

This owns.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...EYWORD%20SEARCH

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
That beanie is loving awesome but its legit massive, I wear a 7.5 hat and that thing sags past my eyebrows.

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah I have a Broncos one and wear a 7 7/8 size hat (:smith: big headed bros for life) and I can pull it down over my face.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Roflcopter posted:

(:smith: big headed bros for life)

:smith::respek::smith:

I wear a 7 7/8 or 8, my dad is like 1/8 size above an 8.

I prefer this style of knitted hat, but the Lids over here by me doesn't have it. I'll just order it off their website and hope it doesn't get cold before it arrives I guess.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I would like to recommend Nike Dry Fit shorts to anyone who likes to be lazy. These things are the greatest things since Zubaz. Also known as "players sideline short"
Anything special about them beyond any other dri-fit type shorts?
Ain't no dog ear cap :colbert:

Speaking of which I saw a player wearing them a week or two ago, I think on the Redskins. Don't think I've seen those has before or since then.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I already have two throwback Bucs beanies but that one has a poof on it. Give it to meeee

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

that seahawk reminds me of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T55ArHjeR1c

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

MissileWaster posted:

:smith::respek::smith:

I wear a 7 7/8 or 8, my dad is like 1/8 size above an 8.

I prefer this style of knitted hat, but the Lids over here by me doesn't have it. I'll just order it off their website and hope it doesn't get cold before it arrives I guess.

I said earlier in the thread my size is a 9 or a 9.5 so even knit hats don't fit me. :smith:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

japtor posted:

Anything special about them beyond any other dri-fit type shorts?

Ain't no dog ear cap :colbert:

Speaking of which I saw a player wearing them a week or two ago, I think on the Redskins. Don't think I've seen those has before or since then.

I only have NFL / college football ones for lazing about or going to gym in so I dunno probably not.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

TheModernAmerican posted:

I said earlier in the thread my size is a 9 or a 9.5 so even knit hats don't fit me. :smith:

a size 9 is 72cm in circumference*. Most hats don't get made past size 8, so it's not surprising you can't find hats that fit you, but if you seriously are a 9 you literally have the biggest head of all time.

Like JFK hosed Rocky Dennis big.

*e: haha not diameter, that's just silly :cmon:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 6, 2012

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Obama Yo Mama posted:

*e: haha not diameter, that's just silly :cmon:
Tell that to the Cowboys :colbert:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Apologies if it's already been discussed, but I took a quick scan of the last 10 pages and didn't see any mention of this: Reebok's outlets are selling off all of their old NFL stock cheap. Sale prices seem to vary slightly based on location though.

In eastern Mass, the location at Patriot Place still has a slew of Pats stuff (naturally), while the pickings are getting a bit slim at the location at the Wrentham Outlets. There's also one in Stoughton that still had a slew of various jerseys last time I checked (about a week ago), and was selling hats buy one/get one. All three have t shirts at $8 and jerseys at $20 but the Stoughton location had a $5 jersey/shirt rack. It's mostly replicas by now but you can't go wrong for the price.

As an Eagles fan part of me wants to drive into the Philly area and check out the stores there. The other part of me calls that first part stupid because it would be a four hour drive one-way and would take a tank and a half of gas.

Oh, there was a blank (as in, no name/number) 5XL Bills jersey at the Wrentham store. Might be worth looking into if you want to write in your favorite player and you're incredibly fat and a Bills fan, but by god just look at your life. Look at what you've become. :(

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Quiet Feet posted:

As an Eagles fan part of me wants to drive into the Philly area and check out the stores there. The other part of me calls that first part stupid because it would be a four hour drive one-way and would take a tank and a half of gas.

I wouldn't recommend it. The Reebok outlets I've seen in the DFW area don't have any Cowboys gear, so I'd say don't risk having to drive 4 hours to not find what you're looking for.

The store I looked at did have Adrian Peterson jerseys, though. I can't remember if they had my size, I need to check it out again.

Also, the NFL website shop finally has Seahawks jerseys available to be customized in all sizes. Next paycheck, I will finally be finishing off the TO jersey collection :allears:

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

MissileWaster posted:

I wouldn't recommend it. The Reebok outlets I've seen in the DFW area don't have any Cowboys gear, so I'd say don't risk having to drive 4 hours to not find what you're looking for.

The store I looked at did have Adrian Peterson jerseys, though. I can't remember if they had my size, I need to check it out again.

Also, the NFL website shop finally has Seahawks jerseys available to be customized in all sizes. Next paycheck, I will finally be finishing off the TO jersey collection :allears:

Keep checking it, I've been meaning to get a custom Saints Elite, but they keep only showing up for a day or so before disappearing from the site.

BRB MAKIN BACON
Mar 22, 2007

I am Tuxedo Mask.
Russell Wilson, look into your heart and find the warrior within.
It is your destiny.

~:Seattle Seahawks:~

oh lord this website

steez off the charts

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

These hats have stripes that mimic the jerseys and they are cool as hell.

Dope

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grant Eff posted:

These hats have stripes that mimic the jerseys and they are cool as hell.

Dope

oh man the Chargers one looks awesome.

Too bad I live in loving San Diego

BRB MAKIN BACON
Mar 22, 2007

I am Tuxedo Mask.
Russell Wilson, look into your heart and find the warrior within.
It is your destiny.

~:Seattle Seahawks:~

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Imagine I'm doing such an exaggerated jerk off motion that my hand goes from toe to ceiling.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

I just got one of the dog eared New ERA caps for my birthday and it is awesome. I think its little bit bigger than my same sized Twins hat but that could be due to them being handmade and not a brand wide problem. Plus if I ever want to make sure its secure I can use my chin strap, so warm :kimchi:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

oh man the Chargers one looks awesome.

Hey man, it's been lightly drizzling lately at night. You gotta be warm.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Ybrik posted:

I just got one of the dog eared New ERA caps for my birthday and it is awesome. I think its little bit bigger than my same sized Twins hat but that could be due to them being handmade and not a brand wide problem. Plus if I ever want to make sure its secure I can use my chin strap, so warm :kimchi:
How's that material feel, and does it cover the whole inside or just the flappy part? And is the strap just velcro or a button or something?

...not that I have a reason to get one in Southern California, but uh, there was a cool breeze today :effort:. Might've gotten one by now anyway, if not for the colored NFL logo on the back of all the hats, it should be monochrome on the Raider ones :spergin:

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

japtor posted:

How's that material feel, and does it cover the whole inside or just the flappy part? And is the strap just velcro or a button or something?

...not that I have a reason to get one in Southern California, but uh, there was a cool breeze today :effort:. Might've gotten one by now anyway, if not for the colored NFL logo on the back of all the hats, it should be monochrome on the Raider ones :spergin:

Material feels soft I think its fleece, I can't even notice it really I just feel warmth. Its only on the floppy part, I assume they make the caps and then sew the bottoms onto them afterwards. And the strap is a three inch velcro strip which luckily has the soft part dangling. After having it for a day I think the real benefit is being able to reenact this whenever you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Ybrik posted:

After having it for a day I think the real benefit is being able to reenact this whenever you want

Every Sunday :negative:

Edit: hey right when I complain about the NFL logo I find a whole line with monochrome ones:
http://www.lids.com/style/NFL-Jersey-Basic-59FIFTY-Cap

And really dorky faux helmet hats! (But not nearly as dorky as my leatherhead one)
http://www.eastbay.com/product/model:182756/sku:68690216/new-era-nfl-pigskin-knit-mens/

japtor fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 10, 2012

• Locked thread