Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK

That's pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Compa on Saturday in Brooklyn if anybody is around.

Ola Ugh
May 19, 2005

Sjåre brymæ
Just got myself two 1210's a mixer and serato. I need mp3s to mix horribly NOW!

Mixing footwork is a lot of fun.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Ola Ugh posted:

Just got myself two 1210's a mixer and serato. I need mp3s to mix horribly NOW!

Mixing footwork is a lot of fun.

Might I suggest a website called soundcloud DOT COM!!!!!!

But seriously there are boatloads of free footwork tunes in the various Juke related soundcloud groups.

Also there is the "world wide juke" series (I'm featured on the first track of vol. 7). They are all free and unmixed comps of exclusive Juke tunes.

Ola Ugh
May 19, 2005

Sjåre brymæ
I'm on soundcloud. I even follow your rear end.

New Blawan is insane!

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

Ola Ugh posted:

I'm on soundcloud. I even follow your rear end.

New Blawan is insane!

Truly. Got that Blawan 12-inch along with this corker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACptzSCHLEs

Dopo
Jul 23, 2004
I'm going to be mixing for 3+ hours tonight on https://rwd.fm at 10 Eastern / 7 Pacific playing bass, house, techno, funky, grime, jersey club, and more. You can reach me on twitter @GrapeGuts for reloads and the like.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Hiya, kinda gone off dubstep recently but I used to be obsessed back in first year of University.

Please recommend me some artists, similar to "The Bug". Loved skeng and the tune with Warrior Queen and was just wondering if you guys could help me find more poo poo like that.

Hels
May 26, 2003
Anyone know of good venues in LA? Los Globos is shutting down :\

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

asap-salafi posted:

Hiya, kinda gone off dubstep recently but I used to be obsessed back in first year of University.

Please recommend me some artists, similar to "The Bug". Loved skeng and the tune with Warrior Queen and was just wondering if you guys could help me find more poo poo like that.

That particular style isn't as popular these days, but dig around 2006-8 sets and see if anything turns up. Skream and Benga's essential mixes are a pretty good for a big selection of tunes (their solo ones from 2007 and 8 I think). The Dubstep Allstars series might be nice too, especially 3-4.

Other than that, Hyperdub put out Skeng so they might be worth a look (again, from 2007-8 or so), especially Kode9 and maybe Zomby. Also, DMZ in genreal or Loefah might be worth a look.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

asap-salafi posted:

Check out Coki, Rossi B & Luca, Kromestar

I didn't know that official Greensleeves dubstep comp with the Coki track even existed but the tracklist looks pretty solid.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Coki sucks these days. He's devolved into self-parody.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

Mike_V posted:

Coki sucks these days. He's devolved into self-parody.

I'm hella just catching up on some of these releases but Coki's last, Bob's Pillow, sounds p cool. Cotti is almost self-parody since he started trying to rhyme over his tracks, but Dem Bwoy is still on my playlist.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
DJ Harvey, Eats Everything, Ben UFO & Joy O all during the same day in December here in Miami. Is God real?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Hels posted:

Anyone know of good venues in LA? Los Globos is shutting down :\

I'm not sure on particular venues, but can point you towards nights: SMOG is ok, Low End Theory is generally pretty good.

_Dav
Dec 24, 2008
Not exactly UK Bass, nor overly recent... But I'm really hooked on Lorn - Ask the Dust at the minute. So beautifully dark and rich, I really struggle to categorise or find similar artists. Any suggestions? Weigh Me Down, Diamond, The Gun.. the entire album is immense.

He's also done an awesome mix series called 'Drugs' with Dolor which is floating around for free, 4 parts and counting now.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

_Dav posted:

Not exactly UK Bass, nor overly recent... But I'm really hooked on Lorn - Ask the Dust at the minute. So beautifully dark and rich, I really struggle to categorise or find similar artists. Any suggestions? Weigh Me Down, Diamond, The Gun.. the entire album is immense.

He's also done an awesome mix series called 'Drugs' with Dolor which is floating around for free, 4 parts and counting now.

I guess you could try the rest of that whole Brainfeeder crew thing. So like your Samiyam, Gaslamp Killer, Daedelus, Teebs, Ryat, MatthewDavid and whoever else is on the label that I forget right now. And obviously FlyLo. Maybe not exactly what you're after as a lot of sometimes tends to lean towards that more like, glitchy abstracty hip-hop kinda thing (which in general isn't my thing) but I guess it's worth a shot.

Waarg
Apr 21, 2005

Thrashing in the waves

Did anyone pick up that Kahn and Neek cassette mixtape thing? I actually kind of like the idea of a mixtape designed to be listened to while driving around like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAn20SaDM7o

Edit: also, tune in to rinse.fm, 4 hour Skream session in progress!

Waarg fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 8, 2012

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

_Dav posted:

Daedelus and Teebs did a split 10 inch together called "Los Angeles 6 of 10" that you might enjoy.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

http://soundcloud.com/djchumpchange/chump-change-spamm-kid-gin

New Clip from SPAMM KID and myself. It's really strange compared to the other stuff I've made, but it's forthcoming on a local label called EARTHBOUND CREW.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the label is also throwing a promotion where you are entered to win EARTHBOUND CREW stickers and a shirt if you share that link on your FB wall or twitter. Hit me up on soundcloud or FB if you do so, so I can get your name on the list.

Maguro fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 9, 2012

proj
Jan 4, 2010
Just purchased Reso - Tangram LP... Wowsers this is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IuSFpB2r_k

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
http://vibedeck.com/feelings/rabit-terminator-ep
http://soundcloud.com/virtualfeelings/feel004-rabit-terminator-ep

My friend did an EP, and I think it's pretty cool. Has remixes by Traxman and Sines, too.

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face

Waarg posted:

Did anyone pick up that Kahn and Neek cassette mixtape thing? I actually kind of like the idea of a mixtape designed to be listened to while driving around like this:

Edit: also, tune in to rinse.fm, 4 hour Skream session in progress!

I've got the tape but havent had a chance to sit down and listen to it yet - the artwork is great though. New Mr. Mitch EP is great, as is the new Swindle.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Made a new mini mix:
http://i.mixcloud.com/CBsbIT

It's a whole lotta club tunes, bootlegs of pop songs, and strange uk bass ragers.

Track ids on request.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Waarg posted:

Well mixtapes are made for the car. No ideas how many hours I've wasted driving around with friends with the newest whatever blaring out the speakers. Though that video, poor show. You don't do that during daylight hours, that's prime House and Garage time! And don't get me started on the laptop and the fact it's a 1-series. Just not cool.

Anyway me being a dick aside, I have to admit I still get a bit dismayed at the whole cassette come back thing. Obviously not in this scene, but I've seen them appear more and more else where. I guess 'cause I used to actually have to use cassettes way back in the dark ages, so I don't really think of them as retro or anything. They more just reminding me that I was too poor to afford a CD player.

Still I guess it's kinda neat and at least it's a real product which is always a good thing in this day and age.

Now I've been liking this new release by Starkey. First single pulled from his new album I believe, also on Civil Music just like the Reso album. So busy time for them I guess. Liking the sounds of the Noisses remix which gives it a very Garagey flex, not to mention the Plastician mix which turns it more into a Grimey thing with it's Pulse X thing going on.

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

Speaking of Kahn & Neek, everyone check out the latest Butterz show: D Double E, Rude Kid, Royal-T, Faze Miyake, Kahn & Neek, D.O.K, Spyro, Terror Danjah :aaaaa:

I'm about 20 minutes deep into the Kahn & Neek section and they're playing dubplate after dubplate. Honestly feels like I'm back in 03

http://podcast.dgen.net/rinsefm/podcast/ElijahSkilliam041112.mp3

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

That show was heavy. Loving the all star shows they've been getting lately.

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

Haven't bounced round my room like this to a radio set in a LONG time, absolutely sick

Champion, Heatwave, Royal-T, P-Money, EZ, Terror Danjah, D Double E and Swindle are playing at Cable tonight, can watch the stream live on fb http://www.facebook.com/cableofficial/app_332383150192250

edit: wouldnt bother locking now, Elijahs mixing is so off

The Fuck Juicer fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 11, 2012

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Heatwave is going in. I'm excited for Royal-T's and also Terror Danjah's set. Skibadee and D Double should be a lot of fun.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Anyway me being a dick aside, I have to admit I still get a bit dismayed at the whole cassette come back thing. Obviously not in this scene, but I've seen them appear more and more else where.

Cassettes I don't think really died too much in the noise scene FWIW, but yeah, I know what you mean

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

a milk crime posted:

Cassettes I don't think really died too much in the noise scene FWIW, but yeah, I know what you mean

Yeah that seems to be where I see them a lot. Actually a girl I went to art school with and shared a studio with wierdo noise-rock band had a cassette out which is where I first kinda noticed they were making a comeback. Then they went and had an EP on Optimo of all things. I guess it just goes to show the eclecticism of the Optimo guys. I guess cassettes are probably pretty cheap to do small amounts of so they're probably good for those kinda niche scenes.

Actually now I think of it didn't Oneman or Ben UFO or someone like that do a mixtape on cassette last year or the year before?

On the live video stream thing I'll give you guys credit, it's something I've never been able to do. I mean do you actually watch it or just minimise the window and go about things and just pretend it's like a radio show with kinda iffy sound(it's what I end up doing if I put on anything like that)? It just always strikes me as wierd. People watching other people dancing via a computer, rather than being out actually dancing. Such a wierd disconnect in my mind man!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Yeah that seems to be where I see them a lot. Actually a girl I went to art school with and shared a studio with wierdo noise-rock band had a cassette out which is where I first kinda noticed they were making a comeback. Then they went and had an EP on Optimo of all things. I guess it just goes to show the eclecticism of the Optimo guys. I guess cassettes are probably pretty cheap to do small amounts of so they're probably good for those kinda niche scenes.

Actually now I think of it didn't Oneman or Ben UFO or someone like that do a mixtape on cassette last year or the year before?

On the live video stream thing I'll give you guys credit, it's something I've never been able to do. I mean do you actually watch it or just minimise the window and go about things and just pretend it's like a radio show with kinda iffy sound(it's what I end up doing if I put on anything like that)? It just always strikes me as wierd. People watching other people dancing via a computer, rather than being out actually dancing. Such a wierd disconnect in my mind man!

I just listen to it. Also, I think the audio is a direct feed so it actually sounds really good (aside from Ruby Dan yelling into the mic at the end of the Heatwave set).

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Yeah, Ben UFO did a tape for Will Bankhead's tape label - the Trilogy Tapes. So did a lot of other people - Kassem Mosse, Dean Blunt (one half of Hype Williams), some punk bands, etc.

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

If there's MCs I like and the crowds going nuts I might watch, but mostly just listen. The audio quality on that stream wasn't too bad in all fairness!

I'm not from London so I've never had the chance to go to a proper grime rave before, just "UK Bass" nights where they might play Pow 2011 and Next Hype amongst trap & dubstep.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

proj posted:

Just purchased Reso - Tangram LP... Wowsers this is awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IuSFpB2r_k

The entire album is loving fantastic, Coronium? Holy poo poo that's a stunning track... Seems Reso can turn his hand to a bunch of styles and pull something fantastic out of his back pocket.

Even the couple of offcut tracks that 'weren't good enough' are fantastic.

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

Maguro posted:

Made a new mini mix:
http://i.mixcloud.com/CBsbIT

It's a whole lotta club tunes, bootlegs of pop songs, and strange uk bass ragers.

Track ids on request.

What's that song at approximately 4:40?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Ekoplekz does a lot of tape releases but he's not even really a UK Bass artist, he just seems to have a lot of friends in the scene and releases stuff on their labels. He did a collab album w/ Bass Clef this year which was pretty gonzo, in a good way

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

untzthatshit posted:

What's that song at approximately 4:40?

This one?
http://soundcloud.com/electrokill/alex-young-boomerang-original
Alex young- Boomerang

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
So a link I saw in RA brought me to this, America's Top 10 Best Soundsystems.

I got to admit some of the interiors look hilariously bad. So wannabe upmarket and trendy, so to hear they have a good soundsystem is not what I expected. I always seemed to find the fancier the interior, the less effort/money was spent on sound. Of course on saying that it wouldn't be the first time I've seen shite interior, shite sound. Ah well, that's why you hire in a proper soundsystem and gently caress the house sound.

Anyway I got to say Washington continues to impress me. It seems to really have it all fairly sorted. I've heard some of you talk about it before, but I do like the looks of that U-Hall place now I've seen a picture of it. It kinda reminds me of a less dank Sub-Club.

So what do you American folks think of the list then? I know there's a lot of you in the various cities mentioned, so what do you really think of the clubs mentioned and their sound? Where else in the States has a really heavy sound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
How goony can I get? Here's some vidya game-inspired dubstep I made recently.

http://soundcloud.com/two-beans/two-beans-jack
http://soundcloud.com/two-beans/mechwarrior

• Locked thread