Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Metrication posted:

The Hour was excellent, but I thought the sets they used for Soho and the outside of the club were a bit dodgy.

Same here, the lighting for the scenes was too bright and harsh and it showed off the wooden-ness of the set design. Also Marnie's ridiculous pink kitchen was far too clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Same here, the lighting for the scenes was too bright and harsh and it showed off the wooden-ness of the set design. Also Marnie's ridiculous pink kitchen was far too clean.

I think the oven was wonky?

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
Peter Capaldi was excellent as the new head of news as well - I always forget that hes a dam good actor, even if he is basically just playing a 1950s Malcom Tucker.

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

My Sky keeps recording things with audio description on, which is usually really irritating but was great for Fresh Meat. A female announcer calmly reading out lines like "JP and Kingsley mime Kingsley giving a blowjob to a gigantic penis." :haw:

Outstanding.

The scene with the girls getting trashed on miniatures was pretty special.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Resonance posted:

Outstanding.

The scene with the girls getting trashed on miniatures was pretty special.

Josie's "gently caress off!" was amazing.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

ITV are rebranding in January. It's going to be "dynamic, shifting tone along with the content, reflecting and blending with the mood of different shows."

I think it looks a bit poo poo static but when all the colours are swooshing around or whatever it'll be great. Also bafflingly they've only just finished getting rid of all the LWT signs at Southbank and putting in current-branded ones (not to mention the luminous office monstrosity at MegaCity in Salford).

ITV: wasting money on signs since 1955

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Wonder if STV will follow along with it. I get to witness their massive eyesore of a building every time I go into Glasgow.

At least the BBC Scotland building has the temerity to just look like some kind of Orwellian prison.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

ITV are rebranding in January. It's going to be "dynamic, shifting tone along with the content, reflecting and blending with the mood of different shows."

I think it looks a bit poo poo static but when all the colours are swooshing around or whatever it'll be great. Also bafflingly they've only just finished getting rid of all the LWT signs at Southbank and putting in current-branded ones (not to mention the luminous office monstrosity at MegaCity in Salford).

Apparently everyone at ITV is having their desks removed and being given laptops and iPads as a replacement?

It actually looks nice though.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
I'm relieved ITV is getting new idents, they've had the current ones for about 7 years. Are you listening BBC? now get some new ones too, or scrap the one where there's a bunch of bikes and one of them is clearly out of synch with the others because it's annoying.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Giedroyc posted:

I'm relieved ITV is getting new idents, they've had the current ones for about 7 years. Are you listening BBC? now get some new ones too, or scrap the one where there's a bunch of bikes and one of them is clearly out of synch with the others because it's annoying.

No because the moment they show it off the response will be "Waste of money flagrant spending rabble rabble rabble"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Szmitten posted:

No because the moment they show it off the response will be "Waste of money flagrant spending rabble rabble rabble"

Yeah, until everyone forgets that apparently everyone on television in the 70s was a pedophile, BBC isn't allowed to do anything, as decreed by The Sun.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Metrication posted:

Apparently everyone at ITV is having their desks removed and being given laptops and iPads as a replacement?

It actually looks nice though.

You mean the Workplace Refresh™! Yes everyone was/is being given macbooks and imacs, depending on how important you are. Because whichever consultancy firm were involved clearly got massive kickbacks from Apple! Although I can't really poo poo on it as I don't know how well it's gone because I haven't worked there since May.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'm more shocked that they managed to cast Ari Gold in one of their TV shows.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Gorn Myson posted:

I'm more shocked that they managed to cast Ari Gold in one of their TV shows.

Jeremy Piven is too good for ITV. What the hell is it that he's in?

EddieDean
Nov 17, 2009
Rebranding is good because it means that in the future, shows like Darkplace can use the old branding to really set the scene.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

NaDy posted:

Jeremy Piven is too good for ITV. What the hell is it that he's in?
Its a biopic of Harry Gordon Selfridge, the guy who founded Selfridges. The short 20 second trailer looks alright, but I'm cautiously optimistic given what ITV are like. I'm 75% sure they will ask you to phone in and vote on how the storyline will end.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

VogeGandire posted:

Wonder if STV will follow along with it. I get to witness their massive eyesore of a building every time I go into Glasgow.

At least the BBC Scotland building has the temerity to just look like some kind of Orwellian prison.

You know they won't, this is STV

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

GordonTheDeadFish posted:

Has anyone else been having problems with iPlayer desktop? So often recently all the programs in my library disappear. I read elsewhere that this is caused by dodgy downloads, and removing some files from my repository brings the others back, but I haven't been able to actually view anything in a while.

An update to Air buggered it. help and stuff here

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Does the rebrand include "making more than six hours of decent television per year"? Can't see myself watching more WV unless it does.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Trin Tragula posted:

Does the rebrand include "making more than six hours of decent television per year"? Can't see myself watching more WV unless it does.

There's an ITV2 comedy drama called Switch on now which I really like, it's a bit like Hollyoaks but with swearing and the characters are much nicer and they're all witches. It owns.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Finally got to watch Fresh Meat

I love this programme.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is there a Young Apprentice thread for this season? Following along the others has always been really entertaining.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Fresh Meat keeps on getting better and better, except for one small problem. It's reached the point where I just don't want to watch any scene with Josie. She's the most selfish, deceitful, manipulative character on television and not in the fun way where you want to see her pull all her strings together. She just stumbles along from one clusterfuck to another, reacting in the worst possible way to everything that happens to her.

Dylan being a Shales was beautiful, though.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Rarity posted:

Fresh Meat keeps on getting better and better, except for one small problem. It's reached the point where I just don't want to watch any scene with Josie. She's the most selfish, deceitful, manipulative character on television and not in the fun way where you want to see her pull all her strings together. She just stumbles along from one clusterfuck to another, reacting in the worst possible way to everything that happens to her.

Dylan being a Shales was beautiful, though.

She's a walking omnishambles, and her and Knutsford better bang again soon.

I didn't like Vod much, but she's growing on me this series.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

onoflalks posted:

She's a walking omnishambles, and her and Knutsford better bang again soon.

I didn't like Vod much, but she's growing on me this series.

Vod has always been the best one! Great lines and the best delivery in the show

Also I've got a feeling Josie's character arc might end up with her realising what an enormous bitch she is

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Oh, good, I thought we had all progressed as a nation from the notion of Sky Onc

This will not be a concern for me for STV knows better.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Oh, good, I thought we had all progressed as a nation from the notion of Sky Onc

This will not be a concern for me for STV knows better.

Or rather, STV doesn't give much of a shite either way.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

STV don't have the budget for new letterhead

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Cerv posted:

STV don't have the budget
That sums up STV

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

onoflalks posted:

That sums up STV

And yet, it somehow does so much better for itself. Go figure. I certainly didn't see any other ITV affiliate trying to keep the spirit of Saturday morning children slots alive, did you?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

And yet, it somehow does so much better for itself. Go figure. I certainly didn't see any other ITV affiliate trying to keep the spirit of Saturday morning children slots alive, did you?

I think STV just gets its funding on direct debit and ITV have forgot to cancel it, so STV carry on with whatever money they can get. Shane they're forced to air the same dreck as ITV.

I don't watch them, but drat it I respect them.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I wonder when ITV will finally get their grubby mitts on UTV and STV.

I was shocked when Channel got sucked into the PLC, I thought those plucky little bastards would hang on forever.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Aaaah, BBC4 I love you. Series 3 of The Killing is on right now, yaldi!

All the Danish gloom, doom and impenetrable dialogue I can handle! (Sarah Lund has a new jumper on too. It's very nice.)

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
All this talk of UTV and STV. What is it? Is it called something else or am I missing something obvious?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
UTV is the Northern Irish version of ITV, STV is the Scottish one. They're the only ones not called ITV now, whereas they all used to be different, I think.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Mickolution posted:

UTV is the Northern Irish version of ITV, STV is the Scottish one. They're the only ones not called ITV now, whereas they all used to be different, I think.

Ah, do they all show the same programs more or less?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Chuck Bartowski posted:

A few differences apparently, but largely the same.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Chuck Bartowski posted:

STV knew the Bill was going tits up before ITV did and axed showing it before they did (that was down to something about not wanting to pay ITV or something)

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Yeah, but there are a few differences. I get UTV and it's pretty much exactly the same except for local news, a few Northern Irish current affairs shows and some poo poo where they go and see what "ordinary folk" do.

Isn't the rest of ITV like this? I thought there was still local interest programmes even though they were all ITV now?

edit: local ads too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, but there are a few differences. I get UTV and it's pretty much exactly the same except for local news, a few Northern Irish current affairs shows and some poo poo where they go and see what "ordinary folk" do.

Isn't the rest of ITV like this? I thought there was still local interest programmes even though they were all ITV now?

edit: local ads too.
I used to get HTV news in my area which was local stuff, dunno about local programming though, I think it was all the same. Living in Wales now though, the programming is definitely different now and then for a few channels