Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

me his Black Lagoon poster and it arrived today.

Got my poster and it looks amazing :D

Oh man, the paper quality. I'm putting it back in the tube until I can get a classy framing. Thanks again dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Depending on how long that will take it's best to store them flat.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mister Chief posted:

Depending on how long that will take it's best to store them flat.

This is solid advice (also never roll them tighter than they naturally 'want' to go) but I'm getting it done Monday and have no where to safely keep it flat. Thanks though.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lobok posted:

Silhouette? I can see the sheen on her leather.

Come on dude. You think these two images are aesthetically similar?

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

scary ghost dog posted:

Come on dude. You think these two images are aesthetically similar?

A little bit blown up there some similarity. Sex appeal is probably a factor but not as obvious as widow.

Since I am pointing out parts of the poster a couple other things caught my eye

Tony Cox!

There also appears to be two types of flying monkeys

The sweet uncanny valley looking ones

and the gnarly evil looking ones

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She appears to have only 3 fingers. That's the sexiest number of fingers.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Optimist with doubt posted:

A little bit blown up there some similarity. Sex appeal is probably a factor but not as obvious as widow.

Low cut tight leather outfit with a figure like a Disney princess, yeah they're definitely going for "sexy" here. Which makes the face really weird.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!
Her body isn't obfuscated therefore it is sexist.

It's an attempt to do something modern with the "costume". It reminds me of Maleficent a bit. Physically attractive villains are a shorthand for the seductiveness of evil and it happens to men and women alike.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Optimist with doubt posted:

It's pretty clearly a slightly toned down boobs-and-butt pose.

quote:

Since I am pointing out parts of the poster a couple other things caught my eye

Tony Cox!
Oh poo poo, there goes the movie.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TetsuoTW posted:

It's pretty clearly a slightly toned down boobs-and-butt pose.

If it's a "boobs-and-butt pose" it's so toned down that you can see neither her boobs, nor her butt. Photographers tend to call this pose "from the side."

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

casa de mi padre posted:

Her body isn't obfuscated therefore it is sexist.

It's an attempt to do something modern with the "costume". It reminds me of Maleficent a bit. Physically attractive villains are a shorthand for the seductiveness of evil and it happens to men and women alike.

It looks like a "sexy" halloween costume version of the wicked witch.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I feel bad for adding to this tangent. Why is no one talking about the monkeys?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The evil monkey is pretty rad to be honest.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

"For once I'm not going to be a walking punchline in a Wayans Brothers movie :unsmith:"

Macaluso posted:

The evil monkey is pretty rad to be honest.

Assuming that this movie isn't totally awful, I hope the evil flying monkeys end up being this generation's version of the Wheelers from Return to Oz.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Farbtoner posted:

Assuming that this movie isn't totally awful, I hope the evil flying monkeys end up being this generation's version of the Wheelers from Return to Oz.

Immediately forgotten?

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I wasn't that excited to see the film, untill I saw the flying Hail Satan monkeys, to be honest. Sam Raimi only has one poo poo film on his resume anyway, and that's a stain he shares with the Coens.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

DKWildz posted:

Mondo tomorrow

Tyler Stout - Reservoir Dogs

So I've determined I'll probably never get my hands on a Mondo poster through Mondo after hoping to snag one of these and finding out they were sold out quickly this morning.

What are the best ways to get them? Just wait until someone sells one for an outrageous amount on ebay or something?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Shanty posted:

Low cut tight leather outfit with a figure like a Disney princess, yeah they're definitely going for "sexy" here. Which makes the face really weird.

Well I think they're doing Mila Kunis' face on a CGI body in that poster. I don't know if they'll do that in the actual movie, but the few glimpses we've seen so far seem to say so.

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

So I've determined I'll probably never get my hands on a Mondo poster through Mondo after hoping to snag one of these and finding out they were sold out quickly this morning.

What are the best ways to get them? Just wait until someone sells one for an outrageous amount on ebay or something?

An upsetting amount of them immediately go up on ebay at a great range of prices, so it's possibly after a few days/weeks you could pick this up on there for not much more than the original price sold on there ($60/$110).

Tyler Stout specifically seems to really draw people out of the woodwork on their site. Through all of the universal monster sales I was able to grab what I wanted when I sat at the computer and waited. For this one, I was on it within 5 seconds of the twitter post, and the entire site locked up clean for 3 minutes while everything disappeared. It's really the worst game, ever.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Follow their Facebook and Twitter pages and check often

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It just looks like an angry baboon with wings

Though a flying angry baboon would be pretty terrifying all on its own

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

CG monkeys aren't scary, guys with wheels are scary.

Here are the details for the Reseviour Dogs lottery. For every poster Stout gives people a chance to win the opportunity to buy his posters. It's honestly a way better system.

http://tstoutinfo.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/reservoir-dogs-poster-sale-lotto-info.html

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That's reasonable enough for me to want to at least try.

poopy pee pee
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a nice guy, hoping to have some fun on these forums, Lol

From a while back, but I honestly thought this was a joke until I saw the wider one with the stars in it.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Mister Chief posted:

CG monkeys aren't scary, guys with wheels are scary.

Here are the details for the Reseviour Dogs lottery. For every poster Stout gives people a chance to win the opportunity to buy his posters. It's honestly a way better system.

http://tstoutinfo.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/reservoir-dogs-poster-sale-lotto-info.html
Is there an obvious reason the variant is twice as expensive that I'm missing?

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Pascallion posted:

Is there an obvious reason the variant is twice as expensive that I'm missing?

Variant is a magical word that directly applies unbearable pressure to a collect's desire lobe.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

AndyElusive posted:

The first way to get them is through Mondo, obviously. On the day of the sale, be up and at the computer at about 8am PST, AT THE LATEST! Go to the Mondo site, and go into the Store link at the top of the page. DO NOT wait on the main Mondo homepage, as it lags slightly behind stuff appearing on the Store page. Make sure you are logged in to your account, and that all your account info (addresses, names, etc) is filled in and up to date. I suggest also keeping a text file open on your desktop, that has your credit card number written in it. Copy the CC number with the copy command on your PC, so it's ready for pasting into the payment field of the store page when the time comes. The text file is there simply so you have a quick backup to copy the number from in case it got removed from the clipboard for some reason.

Then it's a waiting game. Unfortunately you'll have to refresh the page manually or automatically every 10 seconds or so, to make sure you see the new posters as soon as they're posted. DO NOT wait for a post on Twitter saying that poster are up for sale, as by the time Twitter post is made, the posters have been up for sale for up to a minute already. Once a poster goes up, add it your basket and checkout as quickly as you can. You can try to go for two or more posters, but one may sell out, and by the time you've clicked through the dialogues that tells you it's been removed from your cart, the other one may sell out too and then you've got nothing.

Assuming that doesn't work, head on over to Expresso Beans. They catalogue all the Mondo posters, as well as ton of other art content. You'll be able to find the poster you want there, as they allow users to sell their posters there, as well as tracking any current eBay auctions for a particular poster. Sometimes you can find a good deal, but usually Mondo posters immediately double (if not triple) in price as soon as they sell out, so you're you're looking at $100+ for most of their stuff. The price will only go up as time goes on too, so don't leave it too long.

In this case, the poster being for a popular movie, and Stout being the most well known of the Mondo stable, the Res Dogs poster is already quadruple the initial asking price.

Hatter106
Nov 25, 2006

bolshi fight za homosex

Doktor Per posted:

I wasn't that excited to see the film, untill I saw the flying Hail Satan monkeys, to be honest. Sam Raimi only has one poo poo film on his resume anyway, and that's a stain he shares with the Coens.

Surely this isn't a slight against The Hudsucker Proxy. Because them's fightin' words.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Hatter106 posted:

Surely this isn't a slight against The Hudsucker Proxy. Because them's fightin' words.

I'm assuming this is Crimewave. What a strange little movie.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Farbtoner posted:

But that makes me wonder why, in this "Every Adaptation of a Beloved Classic of Children's Literature MUST be Darker and Edgier" environment, Disney didn't just re-release a 3D upgrade of "Return to OZ"?

Speaking of, I don't know how you'd advertise "Return to OZ" back in the day, but... :psyduck:

(Okay, the second one technically isn't a poster, but it's nice to know I didn't dream that Munchkin box.)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Because the 80's didn't give a gently caress? There was toy line for Robocop, Predator, Alien and more R rated stuff. I mean loving Toxic Avenger had a cartoon in the 90's!

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Rahonavis posted:

But that makes me wonder why, in this "Every Adaptation of a Beloved Classic of Children's Literature MUST be Darker and Edgier" environment, Disney didn't just re-release a 3D upgrade of "Return to OZ"?

Speaking of, I don't know how you'd advertise "Return to OZ" back in the day, but... :psyduck:

(Okay, the second one technically isn't a poster, but it's nice to know I didn't dream that Munchkin box.)
No Jack Pumpkinhead puppet? BULLSHIT.

Including The Scarecrow in that puppet gang is almost as weird as what they did for the garish DVD cover, which included the TinMan (who was in the movie for maybe one minute and had a single line, which was "aww....")

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

That's a hell of a pull quote.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

"X-Men 2 is a sequel to X-Men 1."

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Whenever I see a quote like that I usually assume the ellipsis is something like

"picks up right where the original masterpiece The Wizard of Oz left off... and completely shits all over anything you liked about it!"

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Because the 80's didn't give a gently caress? There was toy line for Robocop, Predator, Alien and more R rated stuff. I mean loving Toxic Avenger had a cartoon in the 90's!

There was a Rambo cartoon and toy line. That should say enough.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
This thread has helped dig up all my repressed memories of Return to Oz. they are very unsettling.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Go watch The Wiz again if you want something to replace those nightmares.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Richard Pryor as the Wizard of Oz > Frank Morgan's 1939 Wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dillbag posted:

Go watch The Wiz again if you want something to replace those nightmares.

?