Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRayPer posted:

Yeah that was a really bad call in retrospect.

I am really bad at guessing who goes into the HoF in general.

When I heard 6 were going in I thought one of the Sting/Big Daddy were going in. They both DROPPED from last year.

triplexpac posted:

I really need to get into 80-90s puro someday.

Start tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

triplexpac posted:

I love hearing Dave talk about historic wrestling figures I've never heard of.

I really need to get into 80-90s puro someday.

Here have fun and say good bye to your paycheck http://new.ivpvideos2.com/

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Edit: I am a dumb that can't reed gud.

Hopefully the McManus thing means less/more Big Daddy talk*.

*delete as appropriate

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l5agGnu40g

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Marc Maron posted:

Tomorrow is @ColtCabana day on @WTFpod!

Woo!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Bryan prodding Dave to finish his thought on Asian geo-politics was the best thing he's done in a while.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
wtfpod.libsyn.com/episode-334-colt-cabana

Marc Maron talks to Colt Cabana.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

That Cabana WTF ep is a great listen. It's nice to hear so many of these concepts (like backstage politics) that we know as hardcore fans get translated so well in a world that normally wouldn't hear it.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

dshban posted:

If anyone gets a chance to listen to our new Fantasy Booking Draft thing (currently on Extra but soon on the main feed), I'd love to get your thoughts.

We've got two weeks of shows up from Joe and I now on the blog, with Larry's Week 2 show still in the process of being written (his loss, I guess). We have weekly votes on which is the best show and I'd love to get some feedback so I can win. https://smartwrestlingfantasy.blogspot.com

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Bryan's latest program with Lance had me really wishing he would give specific examples when he makes claims. He kept saying Hogan and Bischoff have been screwing up the writing. I'm sure that's true. Everyone knows about changing the 2011 Bound for Glory finish but what else? We can reason Lockdown and the latest BFG tournament had their fingerprints on it but it sounds like there was a lot more than those.

Konnan would have pressed him on it. They need more Konnan.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Arbite posted:

Bryan's latest program with Lance had me really wishing he would give specific examples when he makes claims. He kept saying Hogan and Bischoff have been screwing up the writing. I'm sure that's true. Everyone knows about changing the 2011 Bound for Glory finish but what else? We can reason Lockdown and the latest BFG tournament had their fingerprints on it but it sounds like there was a lot more than those.

Konnan would have pressed him on it. They need more Konnan.

I've heard that Hogan is legitimately high on Austin Aries and was one of the guys who pushed for him to become TNA Champion. This is also likely why Aries is now booked in an angle involving his useless daughter.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I've heard that Hogan is legitimately high on Austin Aries and was one of the guys who pushed for him to become TNA Champion. This is also likely why Aries is now booked in an angle involving his useless daughter.
YOU SAYIN' MY DAUGHTER ISN'T WORTH MORE THAN THE TNA TITLE, BROTHER?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Gonzo McFee posted:

wtfpod.libsyn.com/episode-334-colt-cabana

Marc Maron talks to Colt Cabana.

Yesssss

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave completely buried Bryan over the Bellator/UFC discussion. Bryan was in completely over his head there.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRayPer posted:

Dave completely buried Bryan over the Bellator/UFC discussion. Bryan was in completely over his head there.

I'm shocked. Please, what was Bryan's argument and was it dumber than usual?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I'm shocked. Please, what was Bryan's argument and was it dumber than usual?

He tried to argue that TUF's ratings were close to Bellator's by citing Bellator's peak ratings (which they normally do 2/3s of) and TUF's worst ratings. So, 220,000 and 700,000. He tried to say this made the situation like the old Monday Night Wars while Dave said no, it was more like Raw vs TNA and the ratings are nowhere close.

Bryan then said "But wait isn't 220,000 the same rating given the differences between MTV2 and FX?" and Dave tells him no, the ratings would be a .2 and a .6.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
The latest episode of the Art of Wrestling features two Melbourne-based wrestlers, Sway and Krackerjack. Sway is a former runway model and appeared on Australia's Next Top Model. If you see her today, that's a bit of a surprise, considering the number of tattoos and piercings she has!

Krackerjack is an absolute ratbag! Crowd favourite, genuine Ozzie larrikin, top bloke. Basically, he's been one of my favourites since I first saw him a few years ago.

The podcast also features Adam Pearce and was recorded live at the Spleen Bar in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago.

The stories Sway and Krackerjack tell are extremely interesting, both for Australian fans, and (I'm going to assume) for fan from around the world, giving a bit of an insight into the wrestling scene Down Under.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
My podcast listening needs have skyrocketed in the past few weeks, and I've burned out on F4W, but been rather enjoying Smart Wrestling Fan consistently. Anyone here got SWF Extra, and on average, how much content goes up a week on there?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Dave really doesn't like The Miz as a face already. He said he wanted to 'throw grenades at him'. lol

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

Avenging_Mikon posted:

My podcast listening needs have skyrocketed in the past few weeks, and I've burned out on F4W, but been rather enjoying Smart Wrestling Fan consistently. Anyone here got SWF Extra, and on average, how much content goes up a week on there?

We try and put up a couple of things a week. Joe's just started doing SWF Retro, full shows reviewing the Attitude Era, exclusive to Extra. Plus back episodes and songs.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Avenging_Mikon posted:

MLW Radio is worth checking out.
Konnan is great and Court has some a lot of good stories.

This week's stories include Terry Funk cutting a promo to keep from being arrested and Low-Ki getting a gun pulled on him during a show.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

dshban posted:

We try and put up a couple of things a week. Joe's just started doing SWF Retro, full shows reviewing the Attitude Era, exclusive to Extra. Plus back episodes and songs.

Now if only it wasn't through PayPal :argh:

Back episodes and retro sounds good. I'll give it a go, worst case is you guys get a few extra bucks.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

MLW Radio is worth checking out.
Konnan is great and Court has some a lot of good stories.

This week's stories include Terry Funk cutting a promo to keep from being arrested and Low-Ki getting a gun pulled on him during a show.

I hate to say this, because I know the attitude around here, but I'm just not a big Konnan fan.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Now if only it wasn't through PayPal :argh:

Back episodes and retro sounds good. I'll give it a go, worst case is you guys get a few extra bucks.

I hate to say this, because I know the attitude around here, but I'm just not a big Konnan fan.

I find Konnan and Bauer to both be obnoxious.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

sportsgenius86 posted:

I find Konnan and Bauer to both be obnoxious.

Same here. I do like some of his funny stories etc, but Konnan often comes off as pretty unpleasant a lot of the time.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Same here. I do like some of his funny stories etc, but Konnan often comes off as pretty unpleasant a lot of the time.

Yo yo yo let me speak on this nobody has heard of the bands you like Mr. Saint Laurent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Bryan has never noticed the 'I'm Feeling Lucky' button on the Google homepage... :ughh:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Gaz-L posted:

Bryan has never noticed the 'I'm Feeling Lucky' button on the Google homepage... :ughh:

This was Bryan's biggest Wrestling Bubble moment since earlier this year when he mentioned "the new Sega system" (Sega hasn't made a new system since 1999)

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I can't believe he didn't know about the I'm Feeling Lucky button, but there is no other reasonable explanation.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, MAYBE he just uses the Google search box that is built into most browsers? Like, I never see the Google homepage, ever

Of course I have at least heard of the button though, I am familiar with it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

To be fair, MAYBE he just uses the Google search box that is built into most browsers? Like, I never see the Google homepage, ever

Of course I have at least heard of the button though, I am familiar with it.

I'm in the exact same boat as you.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dave nailed Politifact with an :iceburn: today. Shame he got the link wrong, but I fixed it.

Dave Meltzer posted:

There is a funny story at http://www.politifact.com/new-jersey/statements/2012/nov/22/paul-levesque/jersey-itinerary-both-events-wrestler-triple-h-say/ which was in reference to HHH saying that WrestleMania outdraws the Super Bowl when they run in the same building. The story lists the six buildings that have held both, using WWE and the Super Bowl media guide as the sources. Kind of funny since the non-worked numbers aren't that hard to come by. It's in the form of the Truth-O-Meter that they use for statements by politicians and they concluded that HHH was, in fact, telling the truth. Scary if they're this good at covering politicians.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

They fact checked WWE by re-publishing the company line without outside verification.
Incredible.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
Bryan (and to a lesser extent Dave,) not understanding what a Vegan Turkey would be made of. :cripes:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TLM posted:

Bryan (and to a lesser extent Dave,) not understanding what a Vegan Turkey would be made of. :cripes:
Meh.
Nobody knows what seitan is.
Firefox thinks it's a spelling error.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

TLM posted:

Wait, that's not common knowledge. No seriously. Most people couldn't give a gently caress what vegan food is made out of. This one I think you're stretching on Dave and Bryan's bubble.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

TLM posted:

It's made of vegans, right? Ground up vegans. Because calling it vegan turkey means it isn't the second best named food I wouldn't eat: tofurkey.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Why the hell were they discussing vegan turkeys?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
From today's Bryan and Vinny show, we can add "Hollandaise Sauce" to the "Things Bryan's Never Heard Of' list.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

njsykora posted:

Why the hell were they discussing vegan turkeys?
Daniel Bryan and Smackdown spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Perigryn posted:

From today's Bryan and Vinny show, we can add "Hollandaise Sauce" to the "Things Bryan's Never Heard Of' list.

How?

• Locked thread