Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selane
May 19, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

I've become addicted to watching the practice versions of the music videos. There's something just so satisfying about watching the idols dancing in their daggy old clothing in their tiny studios. Often, if the studio has a clock or windows you can see it's insanely late at night, so you can guess they've been practicing their routine for countless hours (well, for countless hours on that day alone, in one of the Heroes episodes Gahee says that a single minute of dance takes a full week of practice to learn!), but they still look so fresh and full of energy, it's amazing.

Yeah, I like them too. Way more entertaining than the actual videos, seeing as how half the time the videos are just them dancing on some lovely set anyway, only with three camera cuts per second so you can't even see anything.

A few practice vids from some of my favorite songs this year:

Crayon Pop - Bing Bing
Nine Muses - News
DBSK - Catch Me
After School - Flashback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Gorilla Salad posted:

practice versions of the music videos

Hey, me too! Being completely uncoordinated myself, I can't even imagine all the work that goes into some of the routines. Some of my favorites:

Oldies but goodies:

SNSD - Oh!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7SYWFeaSqc Dem boots. I can't even imagine walking in them. I despise this song but the dance is quite a thing.

SHINee - Lucifer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovztfpWPo5M Apparently this dance is really hard? I think they're all hard so I don't know.

Sorta newer stuff:

F(x) - Gangsta Boy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQJnUoQ6EEo Another song I hate, but I love the dance.

2NE1 - I Love You: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZEiDiDhlpI This one gets a little tryhard with the multiple angles but the boss of YG himself filmed it, and I can just imagine how many times they had to do it to get all the angles. Also notable in that while he has wrung his hands about Minzy being sexy and underage before, he has no problem doing some questionable camera angles on her here! (think she's not underage anymore but still)

LegionAreI fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 28, 2012

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
There's some crazy shirt action in this SHINee dance practice video of Lucier.

Crayon Pop is the best rookie group this year. I can't emphasize this enough.

Rinseh
Jul 25, 2011

Do I have to do everything, he asked intending to be facetious?
This is the best dance practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44QVO2GM6uM

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

How come most people use TVXQ as the English shorthand of the Chinese name for the band, when DBSK is the English form of the Korean name? For a while I presumed they weren't a K-Pop act, just really popular in Korea because of that.

Rinseh
Jul 25, 2011

Do I have to do everything, he asked intending to be facetious?
I believe its something to do with the Chinese translation.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
I'm so excited to see how angry the Korean internet people get over this:

http://gawker.com/5963884/bill-oreilly-doesnt-get-the-psy-phenomenon-this-is-a-little-fat-guy-from-pyongyang-or-some-place

Preliminary reports: AKP thinks it'll destroy The O'Reilly Factor because loving with k-pop fans is suicide - come after ~psy oppa~ and your show will die (don't ask me how). I always forget how many people have no idea what modern American conservative media looks like.

quote:

Mr. O’Reilly likes to say that his show is the “No Spin Zone” but he seems to have spun a bit of racism into his commentary. If Mr. O’Reilly keeps it up, it should be only a matter of time before his show becomes The O’Reilly Non Factor.

The AKP article is here if you want to dive through the comments for gold. I tried, but there's just so many.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

That was pretty racist though and I'm somewhat offended myself. I don't think crazy netizens will actually do something about it, but I do expect some sort of outcry from Asians Americans though. If anything it'll shed a light on the agencies wanting to debut their groups in the U.S. (SNSD) with what they're up against.

E: And South Koreans as well if the news of it gets over there, they're especially sensitive about image and very nationalistic. I'm not sure how normal South Korean citizens view North Koreans, but if it's unfavorable, this could get real nasty.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 29, 2012

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
To be totally fair I can see how you'd be pissed when a song in your language is called 'not real words', that's a fairly dick move.

I would give a ball for some crazy K-Pop/Fox News feud, though. Who can get most absurd first? Spoiler alert, both of them, at once, it creates a black hole and we all die as the Mayans predicted.

ChevyY?
May 11, 2006

He may be small but only in size.
In reference to practice videos, SNSD's Genie is my favorite. I kinda wished they used this version of the song instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjsUlK76jpg

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012

ChevyY? posted:

In reference to practice videos, SNSD's Genie is my favorite. I kinda wished they used this version of the song instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjsUlK76jpg

It's really amazing how they are so insync with nine members compared to most other groups.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

On that note, I've always loved Mr. Taxi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfvVONSAZGg. The dance and the synchronized movement and positioning of the 9 of them is just amazing. I think Paparazzi has more complex movements, but I haven't watched that dance version.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah count me in as one of the peeps who enjoys the choreography practice vids. It's otherwise super hard to get a good look at the actual dancing in some of their routines unless you're able to see them live.

That said the trend towards multiple angles when releasing these is not what I wanna watch, that Son Dam Bi one is a great example.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Glitterbomber posted:

To be totally fair I can see how you'd be pissed when a song in your language is called 'not real words', that's a fairly dick move.

I would give a ball for some crazy K-Pop/Fox News feud, though. Who can get most absurd first? Spoiler alert, both of them, at once, it creates a black hole and we all die as the Mayans predicted.

Too bad it wasn't SNSD or Super Junior or any of the "big groups" O'Reilly was talking about. I'd love to see his reaction to the international house of crazy that would have stirred up. I'm not sure if your typical Psy fan would rise to the occasion in the manner the others would.

Calling a perfectly understandable foreign language "not real words" is pretty dickish though. I might have to overcome my gag reflex and watch him to see what he gets in his feedback for that segment.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LegionAreI posted:

Too bad it wasn't SNSD or Super Junior or any of the "big groups" O'Reilly was talking about. I'd love to see his reaction to the international house of crazy that would have stirred up. I'm not sure if your typical Psy fan would rise to the occasion in the manner the others would.

Calling a perfectly understandable foreign language "not real words" is pretty dickish though. I might have to overcome my gag reflex and watch him to see what he gets in his feedback for that segment.

Bill-O doesn't 'do' negative feedback, the closest he comes is reading an email that says 'hey Bill you're wrong about this thing' and smugly going 'heh, maybe when you grow up you'll understand'. So I'd say unless there was some actual big effort against him over it (I can't see it happening, most Koreans could give a gently caress what some old white guy on tv says) it'll never be brought up again.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

Kshownow are subbing the rest of Heroes since SHSubs randomly imploded. Finally I can finish this show. Watch it if you're into Running Man, etc.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.
This is the best news I've heard in, ah, a very short period of time since SNSD just released a new album the other day but it's still very good!!

!

Bradster
Aug 14, 2004

Ryan Reynolds brings a brilliant new form of acting in every movie he does!
Anyone interested in some full season torrents of some variety shows? I was thinking of starting a Family Outing season 1 torrent (with mod permission first of course). Wasn't sure how much interest there would be since it's really not that hard to find these shows. So I guess this is basically an interest check post.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I would be interested in a Family Outing torrent. I think iSubs is still working on reuploading their old videos, and I don't have permission for host ones subbed by other groups that are no longer around, resulting in episodes that are now lost (Rain).

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
Practice videos! I'm partial to the Hyuna "Bubble Pop" one. Sometimes you can see the exhaustion in their faces. Hyuna looks pretty tired in this video already.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Jamesman posted:

I would be interested in a Family Outing torrent. I think iSubs is still working on reuploading their old videos, and I don't have permission for host ones subbed by other groups that are no longer around, resulting in episodes that are now lost (Rain).

The fact that I'm missing subs for the last 20 minutes of episode two of the Rain episodes is unbelievably annoying.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Bradster posted:

Anyone interested in some full season torrents of some variety shows? I was thinking of starting a Family Outing season 1 torrent (with mod permission first of course). Wasn't sure how much interest there would be since it's really not that hard to find these shows. So I guess this is basically an interest check post.

I think an FO torrent would be an ok thing, and finding a complete well subbed set of FO Season 1 episodes is actually quite difficult to find.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

GenghisTron posted:

Kshownow are subbing the rest of Heroes since SHSubs randomly imploded. Finally I can finish this show. Watch it if you're into Running Man, etc.

That's great to hear. I thought I'd never get to watch the last half a dozen episodes.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 30, 2012

Bradster
Aug 14, 2004

Ryan Reynolds brings a brilliant new form of acting in every movie he does!

T. Mascis posted:

I think an FO torrent would be an ok thing, and finding a complete well subbed set of FO Season 1 episodes is actually quite difficult to find.

Great! Here it is:

Download torrent81 (83 files; 71.86 GB)
View torrent stats

Some things to note...

Yeah this has the badly subbed rain episodes. Sure I could find the raw for this but I don't have the ability to finish the subs... and fixed whatever episodes were corrupted.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I just noticed that Hulu has MBC Music Core available, with 14 episodes starting from the August 25th episode.

That's kind of amazing, actually. I mean, it's one thing to see Korean movies and dramas/comedies, but a music show is something else.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aren't Hulu and DramaFever related in some way? I'm sure I saw referencing to them working together before, and DF have the music shows on their site so it's probably sourced from there.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"

The pHo posted:

Aren't Hulu and DramaFever related in some way? I'm sure I saw referencing to them working together before, and DF have the music shows on their site so it's probably sourced from there.

I don't think they're related, but Drama Fever is one of the "channels" on Hulu, which would explain it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Music Core is provided to Hulu directed from MBC America, it seems. Has nothing to do with DramaFever.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

MBC streams Music Core live over youtube every week.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Plus they have pretty much every episode since 2005 uploaded.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bah, I guess I'm the only who thinks it's a big deal that Music Core is on Hulu.

Fine, have some new Secret. Talk That was just released and it's way better than their last single, in my opinion.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:

Jamesman posted:

Bah, I guess I'm the only who thinks it's a big deal that Music Core is on Hulu.

Fine, have some new Secret. Talk That was just released and it's way better than their last single, in my opinion.

This is my new Strutting Song. It's kind of nice to see Zinger get singing time instead of rapping.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Charmmi posted:

This is my new Strutting Song. It's kind of nice to see Zinger get singing time instead of rapping.

Definitely. I was surprised at how interesting and pleasant her singing voice is in this song, as her raps can be a little harsh sometimes, I think.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Zinger's my favorite member of Secret.

Also Hyosung, Sunhwa, and Ji-Eun.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

This is one of the reasons why I'm annoyed that there's no one regularly subbing IC:

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/12/infinity-challenge-members-to-personally-deliver-calendars-in-new-york-russia-vietnam-and-more

quote:

A staff member from the show shared, “Working on the calendar shows what we have done the past year and helps us prepare for what to do in the next year. This year, the members will personally go overseas to meet the fans who have been supporting them around the world and share their appreciation for them.”

The deliveries will be filmed and you will be able to view the members deliver the calendars overseas in the upcoming broadcasts.

I really think I'd like IC a lot more if I could watch it on a regular basis. HaHa is apparently working on his honeymoon too, which means he brought some crew members with him. :v:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Byul is a saint for being able to deal with all of Haha.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Lyer posted:

This is one of the reasons why I'm annoyed that there's no one regularly subbing IC:

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/12/infinity-challenge-members-to-personally-deliver-calendars-in-new-york-russia-vietnam-and-more

I really think I'd like IC a lot more if I could watch it on a regular basis. HaHa is apparently working on his honeymoon too, which means he brought some crew members with him. :v:

Actually just came here to post this but about Noh Hong Chul because he's coming to NYC to hand out calenders and if anyone can get me the info on where & when I'm going to try to be there for it. Is this on info out there anywhere?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

T. Mascis posted:

Actually just came here to post this but about Noh Hong Chul because he's coming to NYC to hand out calenders and if anyone can get me the info on where & when I'm going to try to be there for it. Is this on info out there anywhere?

According a tweet from Psy, Hong Chul is in NYC right now. As far as where, it doesn't say.

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/12/psy-travels-by-helicopter-to-visit-elevator-guy-noh-hong-chul-in-new-york-city

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I failed to notice that, aside from Music Core, Hulu also has Inkigayo available starting from the August 12th episode. I don't see Inkigayo available on YouTube either.

I also checked out how Music Core was presented on YouTube, and each performance is a separate video, with no subtitles that I could spot. On Hulu, the hosts have subtitles, and the performances have their names and composers listed in the captions. For Inkigayo on Hulu, the hosts are subtitled, but I don't see any other captioning. It's not a super big deal, but it's kinda neat.

And it's kinda cool to sit there and check out some new groups that I either never would have heard of or had kind of glossed over. And I still say it's pretty drat amazing that you can go to Hulu and see Korean music shows.

If they start putting variety shows up I will poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Subbed Music Core? Awesome! Finally something to do on train rides that isn't just SBS' Pop Asia.

• Locked thread