Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I thought it was pretty funny when Greg Proops mentioned that he didn't want to be one of those guys who reads one thing and then talks about it like he is an expert *cough joe cough*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

The McAfee dude is apparently on tomorrow?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Well just when you thought watching Youtube videos on a podcast was bad (Icehouse Chronicles), the new episode has them watching camgirls for half the episode!

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

toggle posted:

The McAfee dude is apparently on tomorrow?

Yeah wtf is this actually the guy? I thought he was under arrest? Did he post bail and decide to go on Joe Rogans podcast?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

indoflaven posted:

Yeah wtf is this actually the guy? I thought he was under arrest? Did he post bail and decide to go on Joe Rogans podcast?

I thought he was on the run?

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

toggle posted:

He's in Belize apparently. The interview was done via skype at a seemingly random time earlier today.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

toggle posted:

He's wanted for interrogation, he's a potential suspect for the murder of his neighbour.

The Proop episode was fun, Proops dropping some knowledge as usual.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I've listened to the new Shane Smith episode three times now. What an episode. We are hosed.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
But.. but the singularity..

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
This McAfee podcast is a cluster gently caress. I'm one hour in.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Pocket Billiards posted:

This McAfee podcast is a cluster gently caress. I'm one hour month in.

This is how I'm starting to feel.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
Brians jokes about cats with vests was pretty funny though. I turned off the McAfee soon after it started. I can understand why someone in his position would be defensive, but it still seemed like an awkward interview.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

CortezFantastic posted:

I've listened to the new Shane Smith episode three times now. What an episode. We are hosed.

I love Shane Smith, and I wish his vision of media would crystallize into existence sooner/faster.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Loving Life Partner posted:

I love Shane Smith, and I wish his vision of media would crystallize into existence sooner/faster.

I fistpumped so hard when I heard about Vice starting a news channel, then my truck crashed into a pole and now I'm dead.

Also McAfee seems like a loving moonbat.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I just wish Shane would get into depth about just one of the things he starts talking about.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Also McAfee seems like a loving moonbat.

For a guy worried about looking insane on national TV and such, he does a fine job of his own looking insane. A 17 year old girlfriend for a 67 year old man. Awesome.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I just wish Shane would get into depth about just one of the things he starts talking about.

That's a pretty impossible feat when you're talking with someone who has a bad characteristic of interrupting a person every 2 seconds.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
There's tons of video on the Vice Magazine website

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Joe Rogan needs to invite David Cho from Vice's "Thumbs Up!", one of their best series of all time. That dude has got to have tons of awesome stores to tell from the road.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

ChocNitty posted:

Joe Rogan needs to invite David Cho from Vice's "Thumbs Up!", one of their best series of all time. That dude has got to have tons of awesome stores to tell from the road.

Not from just the road. From life in general.

He did some murals for Facebook at the right time and instead of commission he did it for Facebook stock. He's rich as poo poo.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Eddie Bravo episode? Chem trails anybody?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

ChocNitty posted:

Thanks for hipping me to this, I just watched the China series, it was brilliant.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

Ulio posted:

Eddie Bravo episode? Chem trails anybody?

He seemed kind of out of it today. They did a good 45 minutes on the history of KISS but after that Eddie kind of faded into the background and only half heartily defended his truther nonsense when Joe was criticizing him.

I could use more MMA talk and less conspiracy theory talk when Eddie is on. Although I didn't mind the KISS history lesson.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Eddie Bravo holds a special place in my heart as the only JRE guest who can ever make Joe say "This is a crazy conspiracy and you're full of poo poo"

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

They did a good 45 minutes on the history of KISS but after that Eddie kind of faded into the background

Ya not one of his better episodes.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Half an hour into the Kevin Perreira podcast currently, Iliza Shlesinger talking about the Gaza Strip and I want to punch myself in the face for listening to it.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Pocket Billiards posted:

Half an hour into the Kevin Perreira podcast currently, Iliza Shlesinger talking about the Gaza Strip and I want to punch myself in the face for listening to it.

I was going nuts listening to her earlier today. Too bad Kevin didn't counter any of her arguments, but maybe it's better that he changed the subject.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I doubt Kevin knows the first thing about the conflict or its history.

Kevin and Brian talk about how lovely the Wii U after that which I can listen to for hours.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Eddie Bravo holds a special place in my heart as the only JRE guest who can ever make Joe say "This is a crazy conspiracy and you're full of poo poo"

I wonder if its more that Joe is more polite to his other crazy guests and feels comfortable enough with Eddie to speak up.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

Pocket Billiards posted:

I coughed up blood listening to that. I think Perreira does appreciate how damaging that was though. Apart from Shlesinger in particular, I really enjoy the Pointless podcast. The Freddie Wong one was great.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Pocket Billiards posted:

If I've never listened to this show before should I listen to this out of curiousity, or is it devoid of merit?

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
Right now I am enjoying Pointless a lot more than JRE. I used to think he was pretty phony and unfunny from my limited exposure to Attack of the Show. He turns out to be really funny and quite smart. Him and Redban have great chemistry and really get along which helps a lot.

Also, something is awful dot com

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Shane Smith really needs to go on a podcast with somebody who can hold an intelligent conversation for more than 30 seconds. It was painful listening to Rogan during that entire episode.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pocket Billiards posted:

I doubt Kevin knows the first thing about the conflict or its history.

But he's familiar enough with the internet that I'm sure as soon as Shlesinger launched into her uninformed warmongering rant everyone on earth has heard a million times he knew immediately he wasn't going to learn or get anything of value from her on that subject and decided to quickly move on as politely as possible.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

SKULE123 posted:

If I've never listened to this show before should I listen to this out of curiousity, or is it devoid of merit?

I've liked every episode so far, including the first one which wasn't "Pointless" but with Kevin as a guest on I think Joe's podcast. Kevin has good timing and is great at interviewing guests, he's very au fait with internet and gaming culture and has good chemistry with Brian.

But about 30 minutes into the Iliza podcast when Gaza gets brought up you're probably going to want something to bite on.

Pocket Billiards fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 3, 2012

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Looks like this Ilizia person took a beating on twitter over their bullshit opinions on the Gaza conflict, at least.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Who cares, she's a nice pile of tits.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

diesiel posted:

Who cares, she's a nice pile of tits.

Whoops, seemed to have accidentally ended up on the Joe Rogan forums, lemme just head on back where I came from

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
At least they aren't anti-Semites over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Whoops, seemed to have accidentally ended up on the Joe Rogan forums, lemme just head on back where I came from

He has forums?
I'm sure they are terrible. Are they terrible?