Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

We've been over this, there are literally no limits to the things the bubble protects Bryan from. The man never even knew there were 2 buttons on Google's homepage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Perigryn posted:

From today's Bryan and Vinny show, we can add "Hollandaise Sauce" to the "Things Bryan's Never Heard Of' list.
I've actually not heard of this either then again I don't have such a wide range of food that I eat. Like yesterday, only had a piece of turkey with Sweet Baby Rays and a bun. I have failed all of you :smith:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I've only heard about Hollandaise Sauce in the last 6 months or so. It's just not something that I've come across.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
What the heck is Hollandaise Sauce

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Wario Kart 64 posted:

What the heck is Holiday Sauce

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wario Kart 64 posted:

What the heck is Hollandaise Sauce

Eat more eggs benedict

sexy_trash
Jul 4, 2008

WH2K IS JERICHO

Oatgan posted:

Eat more eggs benedict

this should apply to everybody.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Wario Kart 64 posted:

What the heck is Hollandaise Sauce?

"Awesome"

It's butter and egg yokes, pretty much. It's cooked over low heat so it doesn't separate. It is served as part of "Eggs Benedict" which is poached eggs, ham/bacon/smoked salmon on toast.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

achillesforever6 posted:

I've actually not heard of this either then again I don't have such a wide range of food that I eat. Like yesterday, only had a piece of turkey with Sweet Baby Rays and a bun. I have failed all of you :smith:
Ah, don't feel bad. I only tried Mountain Dew for the first time yesterday after years of ignoring it and Dr. Pepper. Tasted like Sprite.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Dave needs to start a DallasCast

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

triplexpac posted:

Dave needs to start a DallasCast
Larry Hagman :smith:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Konnan tried to explain CAPTCHA on MLW Radio today.
It was kind of amazing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Dave struggling so hard to remember DJ Gabriel made me laugh

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Perigryn posted:

Ah, don't feel bad. I only tried Mountain Dew for the first time yesterday after years of ignoring it and Dr. Pepper. Tasted like Sprite.
Really? Man I haven't had Mountain Dew in years after my dentist told me, "Yeah don't drink that poo poo, it will destroy your teeth like acid", but I remember it never tasting like Sprite.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

achillesforever6 posted:

Really? Man I haven't had Mountain Dew in years after my dentist told me, "Yeah don't drink that poo poo, it will destroy your teeth like acid", but I remember it never tasting like Sprite.
Depends on the flavor, I guess. Needless to say, I'm in no hurry to drink that one again.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Does Dave like Larry Hagman more than Misawa?

Got around to my backlog today.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Even if you hate Todd, you should listen to the last 15 minutes to hear his review of Dirty Dick Slater's book.
This was great.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I've figured out why Konnan style shows can work better. It hit me when Dave mentioned that Hunter could be "Too hands on" with the finishes and Bryan just grunted in agreement. Bryan knows exactly what instances Dave is talking about, and someone who's been reading every newsletter for years probably knows, but Konnan and other members of their audience would like a specific example to illustrate the point.

Those Dallas discussions were great though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Yeah it does drive me crazy sometimes when Dave mentions something in a vague way but doesn't give examples.

He'll say something like "Well of course there are plenty of examples of X" but not say one of them

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
Anyone listen to the Rod Pod?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Frilled Lizard posted:

Anyone listen to the Rod Pod?

This better be a Roderick Strong podcast

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

This better be a Roderick Strong podcast

Roddy Piper or GTFO.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Haha I'm listening to one of the Observers from yesterday, and I cracked up when Bryan asked "Why don't you ask your source who leaks the UFC numbers for an estimate on the Survivor Series buyrate?" "... I just don't" haha

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Granny is Matlock

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

triplexpac posted:

Haha I'm listening to one of the Observers from yesterday, and I cracked up when Bryan asked "Why don't you ask your source who leaks the UFC numbers for an estimate on the Survivor Series buyrate?" "... I just don't" haha

I think that's Dave's way of saying "How the gently caress would Dana know what WWE is doing on pay per view?"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Labored Wooting posted:

I think that's Dave's way of saying "How the gently caress would Dana know what WWE is doing on pay per view?"

I know it shits people, but I just love how Dave's brain just works on this really literal level like that.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LordPants posted:

I know it shits people, but I just love how Dave's brain just works on this really literal level like that.
So his thought processes are like Pinky's whenever Brain asks "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's December. Which means hopefully not long till the best of compilation!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LordPants posted:

It's December. Which means hopefully not long till the best of compilation!
And Bryan drinking himself stupid. That 'british' accent he did last year was...something.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan has debuted a new somewhat daily mini audio update.

Should we start a pool on when he gives up on the idea, or is it pointless to do a pool where every pick is "tomorrow."

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
This is, what, about the eighth time he's tried this format?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jeffersonlives posted:

This is, what, about the eighth time he's tried this format?

I am not sure if this is meant to be hyperbole, because I think it's pretty close to the actual number.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

MassRayPer posted:

I am not sure if this is meant to be hyperbole, because I think it's pretty close to the actual number.

Legitimate estimate, he's been doing audio shows for about eight years now and he's tried something like this about once a year.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If there is a pool, I think he'll take it to Friday, remember he has a weekend to do things and forget about it when Monday comes around.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

What do you think the odds are that we find out Dave is a big fan of Father Ted?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

quote:

Important message to anyone to tried to e-mail Dave Meltzer

I had some issues with my web account that have just been fixed. If you sent an e-mail to Dave Meltzer at any of my accounts after 5:30 p.m. Eastern or 2:30 p.m. Pacific, I would not have gotten it. It should be working now.
Peak Observer.
A bad typo in the headline and Dave being so earnest about his job.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The gig is up. There's obviously multiple addresses he uses, he has presumably one set for important stuff and his public one.

Dave, we're on to you!

Also, classic dave on Sunday's observer.

Question One - "Why was WCW dumb on two occasions"

Answer: "WCW was dumb."

Question Two - "Did WWF ever try and sign Rick Flair, or one of the Von Erichs?"

Answer: *twenty minute discussion of the end of the territory system*

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Colt meets Kong this week, and it turns out she was on Wheel of Fortune. Someone has to have this on tape.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Shuffleboard.

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

Shuffleboard.
Nah, it's all about the cribbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac