Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Performula posted:

On Tuesday's show there was this caller named Ken (I think). Towards the end of his call, he criticized Howard's interview with Kid Rock and Howard said something along the lines of "when you have the Ken Show, you can do a better Kid Rock interview than me," and instantly, Ken fires back that if he had his own show "Robin will be there when I talk to her." Then they instantly hung up on him and changed the subject quickly.

Whoever that is, THANK YOU!

If the lady is sick, she should focus on her health and not be there. What are all of you, Howards? Bad weather, illness, you stay home. Work ain't that important, even if you are on the Ken Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

AxeManiac posted:

If the lady is sick, she should focus on her health and not be there. What are all of you, Howards? Bad weather, illness, you stay home. Work ain't that important, even if you are on the Ken Show.

Yeah I didn't think anyone had problem with Robin not being in the studio, I thought the issue was how they have gone about (not) addressing it. I kinda get it, if Robin was candid with what she was going through it would become part of the show. People asking how it was progressing, jokes, etc. I understand how she could just want to perform her role as its been and not make it a thing, as weird as that comes across sometimes.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Not Eric, but a man can dream.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story, real briefly?

*farts*

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Holy Calamity! posted:

Yeah I didn't think anyone had problem with Robin not being in the studio, I thought the issue was how they have gone about (not) addressing it. I kinda get it, if Robin was candid with what she was going through it would become part of the show. People asking how it was progressing, jokes, etc. I understand how she could just want to perform her role as its been and not make it a thing, as weird as that comes across sometimes.

Well, Robin has always been the counter point to Howard, she comments on him and the show is about him. So I can see why Robin doesn't want to open up to the show, I mean for pete's sake, they keep her sealed away in her own booth for a reason. I'd imagine rightfully so that she is scared and worried and doesn't feel the loving arms of stern fans is the place to air her health problems. I mean, we rib her enough over everything else, but I could imagine the poo poo people would give her and currently do over her illness.

The one point I didn't like however was when she was ripping into Richard and others for not showing up. That was a little cruel, but then again Robin dishes but never handles attacks well.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

If I were a fabulously wealthy master thief who just went around stealing things for my own entertainment, I'd break into the studio late at night and make off with this:

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Crotch Bat posted:

Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story, real briefly?

*farts*

Dude...remember Mike Walker?

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
I loving want that Eric the Balloon Man statue so bad. SO BAD.

It would be nice to at least know who MADE THE loving THING, maybe the guy does replicas!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

George's laugh is second ONLY to Gilbert's. Brightens my day every time!

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Now that's ridiculous.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Has anyone noticed Howard doing really corny jokes for the last few days? Like Jay Leno sounding jokes.

He'll read a news bit and then say a corny joke about it:

Howard: "So did you see Wendy Williams posed for a no fur PETA campaign?"
Robin: "Yes, I did Howard."
Howard: "Benjy called and they told him to stay clothed and to wear as much fur as he wants."

Seems really to have ramped these up recently. Anyone else feel the same?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Manifest posted:

Now that's ridiculous.

I so deeply love that I read that sentence in George's voice inside my head. George is great.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Apparently Howard officially signed back on with AGT. Great now I can look forward to skipping the first hour of the show again along with the usual Robin's Google news during the last hour.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Apparently Howard officially signed back on with AGT. Great now I can look forward to skipping the first hour of the show again along with the usual Robin's Google news during the last hour.

So you just listen to hear Joan Rivers interviews?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

So you just listen to hear Joan Rivers interviews?

Why yes of course, along with our other favorite celebrity pals Sandra Bernhard, Al Roker with a pinch of David Arquette

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?

musclecoder posted:

Has anyone noticed Howard doing really corny jokes for the last few days? Like Jay Leno sounding jokes.

He'll read a news bit and then say a corny joke about it:

Howard: "So did you see Wendy Williams posed for a no fur PETA campaign?"
Robin: "Yes, I did Howard."
Howard: "Benjy called and they told him to stay clothed and to wear as much fur as he wants."

Seems really to have ramped these up recently. Anyone else feel the same?

I've noticed this for the last couple weeks. I think Howard has Shuli writing these jokes as they're often show related corny jokes. He'll bring up a current event and follow with a cheesy jab at a staff member.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Why yes of course, along with our other favorite celebrity pals Sandra Bernhard, Al Roker with a pinch of David Arquette

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this sounds like the guest list on a new season of Win Loose or Draw

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Hey now, David Arquette is ALWAYS a good guest.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I've always been a fan of Al Roker's appearances....

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

I wont lie, I have too.
I hate him on his stupid talk show, but find him to be pretty interesting on Stern.

Still doesn't excuse Geek Time getting better guests.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

The Extrapolator posted:

I've noticed this for the last couple weeks. I think Howard has Shuli writing these jokes as they're often show related corny jokes. He'll bring up a current event and follow with a cheesy jab at a staff member.

Yeah, he has been throwing out zingers like he is reading an ad.

"Black friday, or as I like to say, fat people running towards cheap electronics"

Sounded like a hacky stand up tweet.

David and Al are pretty good guests, they usually are honest and open and enjoy going back and forth with Howard. I even like to know what Joan is up to every now and then, but not too much. Sandra is just harrible.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
There's been an insane increase in bits recorded by staff members as well. They've almost all been duds. The Gary trampoline PSA was really bad.

mike_348
Apr 30, 2009
There's been way too much Jack and Rod lately, that is painfully unfunny. Sal and Richard need to go back to Tradio. "Measures radioactive aerosols, typhoon probability"

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Well guys, this is my stop. There's no way I can suffer another entire year of AGT talk. There's just no incentive at all for them to put on a good show now. It really is some of the very worst talk radio ever, day after day, no end in sight.

I would probably be more receptive to it if everyone didn't pretend they arent working on a massive pile of poo poo for a show. The endless ramblings of myriad sycophants just makes it all thousands and thousands of times worse.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Bradley Cooper, even though he's an A-lister is getting in to that "god, not him again" territory.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

beergod posted:

Well guys, this is my stop. There's no way I can suffer another entire year of AGT talk. There's just no incentive at all for them to put on a good show now. It really is some of the very worst talk radio ever, day after day, no end in sight.

I would probably be more receptive to it if everyone didn't pretend they arent working on a massive pile of poo poo for a show. The endless ramblings of myriad sycophants just makes it all thousands and thousands of times worse.

What talk radio is better? I've tried listening to numerous podcasts and local shows and all the popular ones just seem like watered down Stern shows with the same formula. I like Nick and Artie, but after listening to a week's worth of it I'm ready for more Stern because it just feels more polished.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

cmhn74 posted:

What talk radio is better? I've tried listening to numerous podcasts and local shows and all the popular ones just seem like watered down Stern shows with the same formula. I like Nick and Artie, but after listening to a week's worth of it I'm ready for more Stern because it just feels more polished.

Try Jason Ellis on Faction.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

The Human Crouton posted:

Try Jason Ellis on Faction.

I'll try an episode but I found him annoying on Stern, except for that episode where George molested him.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Egh... but Eddie... Murphy turned down a role. in. Ghostbusters.

What a delusional little fool.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Yesterday's show was made so much better because of George. I don't know why, but I love that guy. Please never stop telling incredibly personal gay sex stories.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

qbert posted:

Yesterday's show was made so much better because of George. I don't know why, but I love that guy. Please never stop telling incredibly personal gay sex stories.

Him laughing at the Robin song parodies was the best.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I love how they always get into in-depth discussions of George and Brad's passionate wrestling.

A few hours into the show it dawned on Howard, "Wait, yesterday was Sunday! You got laid yesterday! You wrestled and got laid!"

You also get to hear Howard genuinely burst out laughing whenever George gets into a long winded explanation of something out of the blue, it's great.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'd watch the poo poo out of AGT if George was on it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
George, Fred, and Howard were awesome today torturing Eric. My favorite part is when Fred howls in laughter in background when Eric gets angry.

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp
The gently caress is with all the voice impersonators being played over and over and over and over? I like Bigfoot, because he legit can't talk and seems rather slow. I don't like some guy pretending to be "Big Foot Jr." and hearing him like 4 times a show, including he pronouncing every single world just with the Bigfoot voice. Or Dice Clay "Jr". Or Tracy "Jr".

I've gotten used to Howard easing us towards his retirement so I don't bitch much, but poo poo, just bring in a dude that sounds like Eric the Midget and make that guy talk all the time, it's the same thing. Replace everyone with the Tracy and Big Foot impersonator, who needs real people?

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

I don't think they can get Bigfoot on very often because I think he lives off the grid. Tracey Millman I think doesn't like to be on the air, especially after being in so many fights, I think it made her uncomfortable. That's why we get impersonators, that being said, it's a little much with the Bigfoot Jr. already.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

Isn't Warwick one of Eric the Actor's heroes? Surely this will provide inspiration.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

cmhn74 posted:

I don't think they can get Bigfoot on very often because I think he lives off the grid. Tracey Millman I think doesn't like to be on the air, especially after being in so many fights, I think it made her uncomfortable. That's why we get impersonators, that being said, it's a little much with the Bigfoot Jr. already.

The show that prides itself on real conversation/interaction between people now literally relying on impersonators of past guests to provide content kind of shoves the show down a long flight of stairs into a big pit of "so bad it's good"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

The show that prides itself on real conversation/interaction between people now literally relying on impersonators of past guests to provide content kind of shoves the show down a long flight of stairs into a big pit of "so bad it's good"

Pretty much. At least the Bigfoot impersonator was funny when he was bashing Eric down.

FogHelmut posted:

Isn't Warwick one of Eric the Actor's heroes? Surely this will provide inspiration.

After today's beatdown of the Midget, it's obvious Eric just wants attention. To get him to do anything would require just kicking him off the show in such a fashion where he's desperate enough to do these things before he gets back on the air. Or bring in an impersonator and completely besmirch the shitstain's pseudo-celebrity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Embedded with Medicated Pete is awesome. Lieberman walks into Pete's 'house,' which is more like a storage area for the nearby bar, and Pete's lying there in his boxers on an uninflated air mattress.