Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I already have photoshop. It's an old version, but it gets me by. Not like I'd need to do anything too advanced anyways! I'll get hold of VirtualDubMod (already have the regular VirtualDub), and read up on those guides in the tech support fort. I was half expecting to get berated for not doing my research and asking dumb questions - glad that hasn't happened. Hopefully I'll be able to make this LP high enough quality to do the game justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Meis posted:

Hopefully I'll be able to make this LP high enough quality to do the game justice.

That's what we're here for. As long as you're willing to listen and not act like a shitbird about things, you'll generally get as much help as you ask for around here.

Brainamp posted:

It's actually pretty simple. GIMP is the freaky poo poo. :v:

Joking aside I'd say go with GIMP since Photoshop, while a bit more powerful and user-friendly I think, actually costs money.

You sir, are some sort of wizard if you understand Photoshop. My computer came with Photoshop Elements 10 and I've opened it once. I don't think I even figured out how to open a file in it, so I quietly closed it and opened GIMP to do my .gif work.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Leavemywife posted:

You sir, are some sort of wizard if you understand Photoshop. My computer came with Photoshop Elements 10 and I've opened it once. I don't think I even figured out how to open a file in it, so I quietly closed it and opened GIMP to do my .gif work.

High school courses help with that, along with Illustrator and a couple other programs, but it's the same as any new thing. Just open up a new document and click on every single thing in it or you can look for online tutorials.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I use GIF Movie Gear myself, but it costs money (I want to say $25 or something like that). I honestly consider it the most useful LP-related purchase I've ever made, but if you can get GIMP working instead (or already have something like Photoshop), you might as well stick with what works.

VivaVizer
Dec 1, 2012

Brought to you
by the letter 'V'

Silver Falcon posted:

That kind of thing can definitely come through in subtitles. Think about what it's like when you read a book. Tone is everything. If you strike the proper tone, your viewers will get the mood you want to convey.

I think there was somebody who did a really good voiced LP of an atmospheric game. I think Voidburger's Silent Hill LP. Maybe check that out if you want to see how to make voice commentary work for an atmospheric game.

But really, look into subtitles. They really work when done well.

Alright, will give that a look.

Lizard Wizard posted:

It is so weird to have a guy roll in here from Youtube that LISTENS. Warms my heart, but it's such an odd sight!

I rolled in here from Youtube because I wanted to listen to people who are crazy about LP's. Seriously, I've been rather happy reading people criticize and really think about LP's.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Leavemywife posted:

You sir, are some sort of wizard if you understand Photoshop.

Naw man, we just do GIMP.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!
Attempt #2, now with appropriately sized, optimized, images, and also some GIFs for good measure. Let me know if there are any other issues; if things seem to look good I might go ahead and declare this thing started!

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Use VirtualDubMod to take screenshots, and plain ol' VirtualDub for GIFs. That's all I know, and I'm getting by. :v:

Going back to this, is there a way to make VirtualDubMod save screenshots without having to type in a file name every time, but making it automatically save as whatever-0001.png, whatever-0002.png etc.?

Also my version of photoshop apparently can't open gifs made in VirtualDub, so I guess I'll be using GIMP after all and following MEAT!'s tutorial.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Meis posted:

Going back to this, is there a way to make VirtualDubMod save screenshots without having to type in a file name every time, but making it automatically save as whatever-0001.png, whatever-0002.png etc.?
As far as I can tell, no. If you have HDD space (and time) to spare you could output the entire video file as a series of images and then cherry-pick the ones you want.

Rea fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 6, 2012

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space
I've never got virtualdub to make me a decent animated gif out of a piece of video, I've always just used vdub to export all the frames as numbered pngs, and loaded/arranged them in gimp (this only takes a few seconds) and do the ol 8 bit palette-ing/optimising/etc from there. It just always seems to work better.

There's also something janky about the gifs vdub makes in that they don't play properly in irfanview for me, although considering how badly irfanview handles resaving 32 bit pngs I'm not sure if that's a mark against vdub or irfanview...

edit;

Ragnar Homsar posted:

As far as I can tell, no. If you have HDD space to spare you could output the entire video file as a series of images and then cherry-pick the ones you want.

Gosh, before you go this far, just set up irfanview to screenshot it straight out of the vdubmod to a dated filename and batch crop them afterwards, or use eg AVSPmod to load your video and use its screenshotting stuff instead, which'll save it with the frame number in the name.

Quaternion Cat fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 6, 2012

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Meis posted:

AvsPMod has the ability to do that. It's hella handy and another reason why I don't use VDub Mod.

As for using GIMP for .gifs, it's actually fairly simple if you get the process down. Meat's tutorial is pretty good for it, but, if you're like me, you'll just beg Explosionface for help until he stops calling you a dope because you done good.

I'm also willing to help you with that, as I make a lot of .gifs in Vdub and use GIMP for resizing and all that stuff; my AIM and Skype are in my profile if you have any questions.

Leave fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 6, 2012

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Leavemywife posted:

AvsPMod has the ability to do that. It's hella handy and another reason why I don't use VDub Mod.

Guess I'll use that then! Thanks! In hindsight I probably should have asked this question in the other thread in the first place, but hey.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Basil Hayden posted:

Ah, right. Guess I'd gotten used to seeing [timg] tags so often that I'd forgotten about that. I suppose I'll need to redo the screenshots for sure, then! :v:

You should keep it within reason, certainly, but I did a thread with 840 pixel wide images and no one complained.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Goons posted:

Image stuffs

Holy hell... you mean I've been doing it wrong this whole time, and nobody's told me?

Well, crap. So, er... people can post in the thread if it's an issue, I won't be able to touch the thread till monday, though, due to RL issues that have been plaguing my LPs in general...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Artix74 posted:

I use GIF Movie Gear myself, but it costs money (I want to say $25 or something like that). I honestly consider it the most useful LP-related purchase I've ever made, but if you can get GIMP working instead (or already have something like Photoshop), you might as well stick with what works.

GMG is $30, which is pretty pricey, but it also streamlines so much. I just plug in the images, change the timing, crop/trim frames to reduce file size if necessary, optimize, and save. Takes me maybe two or three minutes per GIF I want, including finding the right frames to Trim in AvsPmod and saving the images with Save Image Sequence.

Of course, I don't know if GIMP is similarly simple, and if it is, it's definitely better to use a free alternative than put down $30 to make a few GIFs. But if you've got a ton of extra money, GMG lets you make great GIFs pretty quickly.

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler

slowbeef posted:

I personally really didn't like his LP of 999 much. It's really not a popular game, and it seemed like every update, he'd post how the game was full of junk science and writing. Talking about it with him in the Sandcastle, it sounded like he thought the story was mostly stupid (but "interesting"). At one point, I even told the thread the music was pretty good (and I think it mostly is, it definitely helps the atmosphere in some sections), and the OP said it wasn't that good.

But there's more than one way to skin a cat, so who knows - maybe everyone else liked it and I was just being a dumb fanboy.

To be honest, there aren't too many LP's I've seen of people tearing apart and making fun of a game, which is a pitty because they tend to be pretty funny if you're not too attached to the game in question. From an outside perspective, 999 looks like it'd be very well suited to that format. It'd be interesting to see more LP's done like that.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Here's my third version of the first mission. Unless anybody's got serious issues, I think it's going to be what I go with for my OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XquZCZAcb8

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Brainamp posted:

You can actually buy the soundtrack off bandcamp. Uploading that to Tindeck is easy enough.

Eh, if it's on bandcamp that kind of constitutes readily accessible. Re-uploading it to Tindeck is fairly :filez: if there's a price on the bandcamp site, and I would ask Slowbeef or someone before doing it.

Besides, you can usually link individual songs so the only point of uploading it to Tindeck would be for downloading (which is :filez:) or for auto-play (seriously, just click the link and hit play, it isn't hard). Link the main bandcamp album in the OP (or don't if it contains spoilers, people can find their own way to the main page with one click if they want the whole thing) and then link individual songs as they come up in the LP.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

It is so weird to have a guy roll in here from Youtube that LISTENS. Warms my heart, but it's such an odd sight!
You got it wrong, it's a sign of the end times! The Mayans were right :tinfoil:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Mastigophoran posted:

I've never got virtualdub to make me a decent animated gif out of a piece of video, I've always just used vdub to export all the frames as numbered pngs, and loaded/arranged them in gimp (this only takes a few seconds) and do the ol 8 bit palette-ing/optimising/etc from there. It just always seems to work better.

There's also something janky about the gifs vdub makes in that they don't play properly in irfanview for me, although considering how badly irfanview handles resaving 32 bit pngs I'm not sure if that's a mark against vdub or irfanview...

I've noticed that virtualdub tends to somehow forget to index the colors of the .gifs properly, so that's probably what ruins it in irfanview. Throwing the .gifs in GIMP, unoptimizing, indexing, and optimizing seems to make them play nice with drat near everything. With a reasonably-sized .gif, the longest part of that process is opening up GIMP.

I learned all my .giffing from free stuff and infinite time, but now that I have money, I should probably see if there are ways I like better.

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space

Explosionface posted:

I've noticed that virtualdub tends to somehow forget to index the colors of the .gifs properly, so that's probably what ruins it in irfanview. Throwing the .gifs in GIMP, unoptimizing, indexing, and optimizing seems to make them play nice with drat near everything. With a reasonably-sized .gif, the longest part of that process is opening up GIMP.

I learned all my .giffing from free stuff and infinite time, but now that I have money, I should probably see if there are ways I like better.

I can believe that this is indeed the case - it certainly looks like it is. I think I still prefer doing it via exporting every frame than as a gif, though; mainly so if I need to further limit the palette, I can do it from the original 24 bit base rather than the 8 bit gif vdub gave me. I guess vdub also maybe times Gifs to work on multiple of 10ms intervals, rather than saving their original framerate? You're quite right that the slow part is opening the GIMP to begin with, but it seems there's quite a lot of reasons to have to use it in this case.

I read Mega64's post, comparing GMG's uses to the GIMPs, I think that, really, the one primary thing gimp is total poo poo at is deleting frames, as you still, in this year of 2012, can't select multiple layers. If I had to do that, I would adjust my avisynth script that I used as a base to generate my gif and reexport, rather than do anything with the GIMP itself. I generally find it a nightmare to use past selecting options from dropdowns, so really it's only fine for gif making provided you don't have to deviate from the prescribed actions - if I need to actually manually edit or draw parts of a gif, I'll usually use paint.net instead, and use a plugin to export it as a psd and load that into the GIMP.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

DStecks posted:

Here's my third version of the first mission. Unless anybody's got serious issues, I think it's going to be what I go with for my OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XquZCZAcb8

I think your "Is it here? No. Is this the right door? No." commentary was repetitive and needs some work. And you also mentioned not showing some things off, like the flashbang. You definitely want to use even worthless weapons at least once if you're doing an LP.

Also, in the video description, it sounds like you're going to talk about radically different things in each video. Do you have enough topics to do one for each video?

Edit: Oh, okay. Well, I don't see any problems then.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Dec 7, 2012

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

ThatPazuzu posted:

I think your "Is it here? No. Is this the right door? No." commentary was repeative and needs some work. And you also mentioned not showing some things off, like the flashbang. You definietly want to use even worthless weapons at least once if you're doing an LP.

Also, in the video discription, it sounds like you're going to talk about radically different things in each video. Do you have enough topics to do one for each video?

Being repetitive was the point of that bit. I'll probably wind up showing off the flashbang at some point, just not in the immediate future.

As for the next topic stuff, that topic is the main thrust of the LP. I put that message in the description so people wouldn't get confused when I really don't touch on it at all in the first mission.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
The Let's Play's afoot Watson! The Sherlock Holmes Collection! (Hybrid)

In 1886, Arthur Conan Doyle, an optometrist in London England wrote a totally forgettable book about kittens and fairies. No wait, I'm wrong here. He actually wrote A Study in Scarlet. This is a notable book, because it is the first appearance of The Great Detective, Sherlock Holmes. Holmes quickly became a sensation, leading to at least three more books, and fifty some short stories of his adventures. They were often, but not always, mysteries which showed intriguing processes of solving. Sherlock Holmes became an essential piece of popular culture. TV series, movies, furthur novels were written. There were of course video games, but they only a few one shot adventure games, or text-based games.

In 2002, a French videogame studio by the name of Frogwares began an ambitious project, to create numerous point and click adventure games based on Sherlock Holmes, with original stories. Their first effort was Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of the Mummy. It was released to fair reviews, and was enough of a success that it was followed by 4 other full adventure games, and one casual game Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Silver Earing (2004), Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened (2006) Sherlock Holmes Vs Arsene Lupin (2007), Sherlock Holmes Vs Jack The Ripper (2009), and Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of the Persian Carpet (2008).

In 2012, Frogwares released these 6 games together in one collection, called, well, The Sherlock Holmes Collection. Responding to some criticism of some of the games faults, they remastered The Awakened, and Arsene Lupin with Jack The Ripper's engine, upgraded graphics, and fixing some rather amusing bugs (such as Nightcrawler making a guest appearance as Dr Watson).

I'm intending to play through all six of these games. Why? Well, I really like them for one. I'm not saying they're perfect. Far from it. In fact, there is one that's pretty bullshitty that I am not a big fan of. They can be loaded with bad voice acting, pixel hunts, confusing graphics, and the like. However, they do have some very good strengths. For starters, while some of the voice acting is terrible in early games, later on it seems to have gotten better. Despite to occasional translation errors (due to being translated from French to English), the writing is top notch, and the characters are almost always captured as Doyle wrote them. The puzzles are well designed for the most part (There are a few padding ones), and it's rarely, if ever falls into what I call adventure game designer insanity, whereby you have to figure out what bizzare ideas the designer had in mind for a solution, like slapping someone with a salmon, so that an eagle swoops down and steals his hat, wherein you use a wind-up mouse to distract the eagle to steal the hat to use it to carry water in to put out a fire bullshit. (NOTE: Any game developers reading this, please put that as a solution into some game.)

I'm also a huge Sherlock Holmes fan, helped by the fact that I own a very nice green leather boundc collection which is of the first 3 novels, and first three short story collections. What this means is that I'll be able to get most of the references (because they love to reference the original stories), as well as post project gutenburg links to the stories that are referenced. Most of the Sherlock Holmes canon is in public domain in the U.S., and all of it is public domain in the commonwealth, so, I suggest looking into those stories yourself, and not waiting for me to sperg out on em. Furthurmore, I have always had an interest in Victorian history, so, when the opportunity arises, I'll go on at length about it, because I am that much of a sperg.

Now the lps will be informative, with the occasional sarcastic outburst from me, and I'll try to keep things humourous at least. I plan on doing it in screenshots, with the occasional cutscene in video form. Also, sometimes I will finish an update on a puzzle for the thread to see if they can solve in between updates. Let's see if you're smarter than me. (Spoiler: You probably are)

Table of Contents
Sherlock Holmes Vs Jack The Ripper (In progress).

----(seperate post)-----

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack The Ripper

The year is 1888. In the Whitechapel district of London, evil stalks the streets. Women are being brutally and viciously murdered by an unknown assailant. The police are baffled, the public outraged. At 221b Baker street, Dr James Watson reads about the latest of these crimes, asking his dear friend, and compatriot Sherlock Holmes to investigate. Little do they know where their investigation will take them, nor what horrors they will encounter.

The 6th adventure game released by Frogwares about Sherlock Holmes, ShvsJTR (Or Jack I'm calling it for brevity's sake), is a point and click adventure game released in 2009. In this you play as both Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson as they attempt to discover the identity of one of the most infamous serial killers in history. While sometimes the gameplay devolves into repeated fetch quests, it still has some really good challenging puzzles, as well as top notch writing. Now, there is some translation issues, it being translated from French to English, but they are minor (For instance, in the xbox version, OK on all menus is replaced with validate. Which actually fits the overtly formal nature of the Victorian Era, so I'm on the fence if it was intentional or not).

Of the six games, this is clearly my favourite, but this might be because it was the first one I played, but it could also be because I'm an amature student of Jack the Ripper. I'm not the kinda guy who can tell you what Dr Francis Tumblety had on the Morning of September 17th (tho I think it might have been kidney and eggs), but I can at least tell you who he was, and why they thought he was a suspect.

Now in my research, I don't think I've ever heard of any other fiction where Holmes tries to solve the case in question, except perhaps the movie a few years back with Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law, where it is implied Lord Blackwood is the Ripper. If there are such stories, please let me know, because I'd love to read them, even if they are lovely.

NOTE: Despite the popular perception, William Gull is not the ripper, never was a suspect, and there was not bloody royal conspiracy. Even Alan Moore agrees that it was bollocks but made for good storytelling. Just wanted to get this out of the way

Now, without further mindless ranting onto the updates

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=9448

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Two things. Could you put a :siren: next to links that we should definitely watch? This is something I've seen other LPs use and it makes it easier on people who don't want to click on every link. Also towards the end, after all the pictures, you have a broken quote.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

djw175 posted:

Two things. Could you put a :siren: next to links that we should definitely watch? This is something I've seen other LPs use and it makes it easier on people who don't want to click on every link. Also towards the end, after all the pictures, you have a broken quote.
I can definatly do that siren, and it appears the closing of the quote got broken off the test LP page. I think I may end up scrapping the entire quote anyways, and just replace it with screenshots, so I don't kill my hands everytime I type.

VivaVizer
Dec 1, 2012

Brought to you
by the letter 'V'
19 - Face to face with Cohen

Tried to work on commentary some more in this episode. Some of it was done in post though I always feel my tone doesn't quite match the tension in the game when I do it in post. Also just removed commentary completely from a few places because it seemed more appropriate.

Silver Falcon posted:

I think there was somebody who did a really good voiced LP of an atmospheric game. I think Voidburger's Silent Hill LP.

So, I've been watching bits of this and I'm wondering if I misunderstood what you meant by "voiced". Really have only heard the game voice-acting and see some subtitles from Voidburger.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

VivaVizer posted:

19 - Face to face with Cohen

Tried to work on commentary some more in this episode. Some of it was done in post though I always feel my tone doesn't quite match the tension in the game when I do it in post. Also just removed commentary completely from a few places because it seemed more appropriate.

So, I've been watching bits of this and I'm wondering if I misunderstood what you meant by "voiced". Really have only heard the game voice-acting and see some subtitles from Voidburger.

No, that's probably just me misremembering. I thought she did voiced commentary for some reason. :doh:

(Subs might be the way to go, anyway.)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There already is a sub LP of Bioshock. I think it's time to stop pretending this game is some sort of Holy cow which must be treated according to a dogma, and let people just have fun with it. VivaVizer's videos have improved markedly, and would have little trouble finding an audience - I've seen far worse around here.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

There already is a sub LP of Bioshock. I think it's time to stop pretending this game is some sort of Holy cow which must be treated according to a dogma, and let people just have fun with it. VivaVizer's videos have improved markedly, and would have little trouble finding an audience - I've seen far worse around here.
He could very easily post a thread right now and I doubt anyone would hound him about it, but he very specifically came to the Sandcastle to get feedback and improve so I don't see any reason why people should not state their opinions on the matter. It's not productive to say "Look guys, he's good enough so let him go."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BFC posted:

He could very easily post a thread right now and I doubt anyone would hound him about it, but he very specifically came to the Sandcastle to get feedback and improve so I don't see any reason why people should not state their opinions on the matter. It's not productive to say "Look guys, he's good enough so let him go."

Yeah, but when people keep telling him to change his style entirely for basically no reason, it probably isn't too helpful either?

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, but when people keep telling him to change his style entirely for basically no reason, it probably isn't too helpful either?
I do think it's a bit pointless to keep pushing your idea, but suggesting new methods isn't all that bad. That said, I don't think subtitles would help or hurt his LP.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Yea, it seems that some people are just giving him nebulous and catch-all types of advice which would be fine if it was really things he was still doing wrong, but by continuing to bring things up over and over again it might be leading him to assume he's still doing something wrong. From what I can tell he's definitely improved from the first couple of videos he's shown where he was trying too hard to seem like he was confused or scared, and he's not rambling on or ruining the atmosphere with his commentary (even though I can understand an earlier point made regarding commentary making the game seem too much like a game rather than a cinematic experience to be engulfed in, but I think that's very subjective to each person watching). I'd say the only thing that could improve that previous video was that the audio on the logs seemed extremely low and I'm not sure if you're turning down the overall game audio to be heard or if it's just a problem with the logs, and I'd say to completely edit out the hacking mini-games at this point as they don't bring anything new (even if you only show it for like five seconds and then fade out, just seems odd to me and might be best to edit it out completely).

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
Let's Play news from around the Internet! Some kid who was dying of leukemia and said he had a week to live had a weird dying request: He wanted people to LP his ROMhack. raocow, Proton Jon, and others on YouTube decided to support him by granting his wish and LPing his game...

Oh whoops, he never had leukemia and made it up so people would LP his ROMhack.

I know it's one of those "who would ever believe that someone's dying request is to see their ROMhack let's played" type of scenarios in retrospect, but to me the big question is:

Who the gently caress lies about dying of cancer to get their Mario ROMhack LPed? What happened to the world?

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Now the real question is, who's going to be the first LPer to get a call from the Make-A-Wish Foundation with a request to play dying little Timmy's favorite video game?

(Pewdiepie. It's going to be Pewdiepie.)

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

slowbeef posted:

Who the gently caress lies about dying of cancer to get their Mario ROMhack LPed? What happened to the world?
In the old days, they would have done that to meet a famous athlete or movie star or something. Now they're doing it to get internet voices to talk over their video game.

Congratulations, LP. You've finally made it to the big time.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

I feel disgusted and now must reevaluate why LP is a hobby of mine.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Silver Falcon posted:

No, that's probably just me misremembering. I thought she did voiced commentary for some reason. :doh:

(Subs might be the way to go, anyway.)

You're probably thinking of SH: Shattered Memories.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Well that's hosed up.
I'm sure at least some good came it.
ProtonJon (not sure about Raocow) posted links to a place to donate to for cancer research and prevention. With all the youtube fans he has I'm sure they got at least a few sizable donatons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

slowbeef posted:

Let's Play news from around the Internet! Some kid who was dying of leukemia and said he had a week to live had a weird dying request: He wanted people to LP his ROMhack. raocow, Proton Jon, and others on YouTube decided to support him by granting his wish and LPing his game...

Oh whoops, he never had leukemia and made it up so people would LP his ROMhack.

I know it's one of those "who would ever believe that someone's dying request is to see their ROMhack let's played" type of scenarios in retrospect, but to me the big question is:

That's just grotesque.

• Locked thread