Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I think Fairbanks is goddamn hilarious, but did anyone else get the impression that he was kinda struggling to keep up with Scott and Paul at times on this one?

Admittedly, those two have such a good rapport that any non-regular guest would probably feel a little like a third wheel in that lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

tnimark posted:

I think Fairbanks is goddamn hilarious, but did anyone else get the impression that he was kinda struggling to keep up with Scott and Paul at times on this one?

Admittedly, those two have such a good rapport that any non-regular guest would probably feel a little like a third wheel in that lineup.

Leave Jason from home movies alone. Come to think of it, why has H. Jon Benjamin never been a guest?

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

tnimark posted:

Fairbanks is probably my favorite guest on Never Not Funny but it definitely sounded like he was trying really hard to keep up. Still great though.

And I won't have anyone talking poo poo about the plug bag theme. Unless you're talking about the bro remix

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

drat, that's a killer cast. Why isn't Janet Varney there though :mad:

She's definitely in season 3! Don't worry. :)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Oh my god, I'm finally listening to the Wompler/Apatow episode and Apatow's saying "my wife" so many times, it's amazing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Power of Pecota posted:

Oh my god, I'm finally listening to the Wompler/Apatow episode and Apatow's saying "my wife" so many times, it's amazing.
That was a beautiful moment. Scott finally found a kindred spirit.

my wife

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

cams posted:

That was a beautiful moment. Scott finally found a kindred spirit.

my wife

Judd Apatow never, ever noticing was wonderful.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Funny or die is doing a california's gold series with adomian: http://funnyordie.com/m/7jqk. I know some people probably are but I'll never get tired of his huell howser.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trujillo posted:

Funny or die is doing a california's gold series with adomian: http://funnyordie.com/m/7jqk. I know some people probably are but I'll never get tired of his huell howser.

I went to California for the first time since I was 8 on a business trip a few weeks ago, and when I turned on the TV in my hotel room Huell Howser was there to greet me. I was in heaven.

He spent his time going through some lovely gold mine a bunch of elderly men hung out in and then on to the cat litter factory! He asked a dozen workers if they owned cats and none of them did.

Dana Gould also does a fantastic version of him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOz-ixU3-0Q

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Did anyone enjoy the first Nerd Poker ep? I had to turn it off after 20 minutes because it was just too awkward, with everyone trying way too hard to make jokes, and the DM-ing was kind of a mess as well.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I'm getting tired of PFT + (irrelevant guest) episodes. I want PFT and someone funny who can keep up with him. Like the Gillian Jacobs, PFT and Lauren Lapkus episode. Also I don't really like his Werner Herzog.

I still haven't listened to the latest one. I usually listen to eps the night they plop or the next day.

It's too bad Bobby Moynihan is in NY most of the time. I want another Dame Sir Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber and Fourvel ep.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

qbert posted:

Did anyone enjoy the first Nerd Poker ep? I had to turn it off after 20 minutes because it was just too awkward, with everyone trying way too hard to make jokes, and the DM-ing was kind of a mess as well.

I can't really remember the first one. It's mostly setup, however. The next one is pretty good. I don't play D&D, so I don't know about how it should work. They did say that they're not solid with 4E rules.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

2nd ed best ed.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

2nd ed best ed.

This is a true post.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Conduit for Sale! posted:

2nd ed best ed.

"THAC0 is wacko" - Hasbro

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Analytic Engine posted:

"THAC0 is wacko" - Hasbro

Hasbro being an acronym for "Honestly, Anyone Seeing that Backwards Rule Once".

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Has anyone listened to Scott's episode of the Kevin Pollak Chat Show? He talks about an ep of the CBB podcast in which one of the guest's publicist hadn't told them about the tone of the show and they were very upset and unwilling to play along. Scott said the episode was released, but sections of it were edited out. Anyone have any ideas about which episode this might have been?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Will Forte?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Jeff Ullrich in the Earwolf thread posted:

Ok, we're going to tweet this very, very soon, but I wanted to come here first with some cool news. We recorded the comedians from the final live Comedy Bang Bang on Tuesday night interviewing each other about their 10 years and 500 shows of CBB memories. It was fun. We're editing now and it looks like we'll release it as an Earwolf Presents on Sunday at 11:59pm PST (that's the plan anyway). It's close to an hour and a half long.

It's pretty cool for anyone who ever wanted to be backstage at a CBB live show. Scott will do the intro but has not heard the file and I won't let him until it's released! I hope everyone enjoys it. It looks like we'll have a sponsor and 100% of the ad revenue will go to The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. Podcasting for good feels great. I can't wait to hear the reaction on Monday!

Participants

Patton Oswalt
David Cross
Chris Hardwick
Doug Benson
Brian Posehn
Joss Whedon
Paul F. Tompkins
Steve Agee
John Hamm
Tim Heidecker
Neil Hamburger
DJ Douggpound
Kurt Braunholer
Kristen Schaal
Anthony Jeselnik
Tom Lennon
Jimmy Pardo
Jenny Slate
Nick Kroll
Chelsea Peretti
Rikki Lindhome
Kate Miccuci
Jeff Ullrich
Kulap Vilaysack
Mike Rosenstein
Jake Fogelnest

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

tnimark posted:

Has anyone listened to Scott's episode of the Kevin Pollak Chat Show? He talks about an ep of the CBB podcast in which one of the guest's publicist hadn't told them about the tone of the show and they were very upset and unwilling to play along. Scott said the episode was released, but sections of it were edited out. Anyone have any ideas about which episode this might have been?

Ill go ahead and guess Hana Mae Lee who was just awkward racist and terrible. Also she was there with the other Pitch Perfect people so it follows that she was there to promote the movie.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Not sure that makes any sense - I don't really remember the episode but if the guest was the one being transgressive and racist (though I think Hana Mae Lee gets a pass for making Asian jokes?) or whatever, that suggests there wasn't an issue of the guest being unwilling to play along.

That does make me think that Paul Scheer's character on that episode and the Premium Rush episode was probably based on this publicist that got upset, though, so right timeframe perhaps.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I remember Joe Cornish was a little combative back in 114, but I think Edgar Wright got him to go on the show rather than a publicist, and he might have been doing it for humor.
Oh god, this mystery will be in the back of my mind forever :ohdear:

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
That wouldn't be the same thing as when Ed Helms had to come up with a character at the last minute because someone forgot to tell him that he wasn't going on as himself, would it?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

UnclePlasticBitch posted:

That wouldn't be the same thing as when Ed Helms had to come up with a character at the last minute because someone forgot to tell him that he wasn't going on as himself, would it?

No, he mentions the Ed Helms thing specifically in the interview I think so I don't think they are the same incident. He also mentions the Will Forte episode so I doubt that's it either. I am leaning more towards Hana Mae Lee too.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Greggy posted:

No, he mentions the Ed Helms thing specifically in the interview I think so I don't think they are the same incident. He also mentions the Will Forte episode so I doubt that's it either. I am leaning more towards Hana Mae Lee too.

I was surprised they even bothered putting the preamble in the Ed Helms episode, I thought his character was hysterical.

"...I thought those were mustard packets :saddowns:"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Greggy posted:

I remember Joe Cornish was a little combative back in 114, but I think Edgar Wright got him to go on the show rather than a publicist, and he might have been doing it for humor.
Oh god, this mystery will be in the back of my mind forever :ohdear:

Was he combative? I thought he was just awkward. I'm pretty sure he's spoken about his terror of improv on the Adam & Joe show, so it could be him. Especially when he accidentally insulted Matt Besser: "you sure know how to get a lot from a little."

Quinoa
Sep 16, 2007
Perpetrating a Fraud
So slightly off topic; but what happened to Twittels?
He's been a ghost since early this year. When I saw he wasn't even on the interview thing it seemed suspicious.
I was hoping this New Year's we get a encore Analyze Phish. With Harris being a no-show for so long it's looking more & more like a bust :saddowns:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Turned out he's not funny.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

You apologize to Jack Sjunior this instant.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

jyrka posted:

Turned out he's not funny.
I do not agree with this post.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Quinoa posted:

He's been a ghost since early this year. When I saw he wasn't even on the interview thing it seemed suspicious.
I was hoping this New Year's we get a encore Analyze Phish. With Harris being a no-show for so long it's looking more & more like a bust :saddowns:
I imagine it has a lot to do with his work situation changing. He went from writing on Parks and Rec to doing that Sarah Silverman pilot, and now he's the head writer for an upcoming show starring Brian Baumgartner from "The Office".

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Quinoa posted:

I feel your pain, man. Dude's probably just busy though. And we got Farts and Procreation 2 and I think that was around the summertime, can't complain too much.

Quinoa
Sep 16, 2007
Perpetrating a Fraud

cams posted:

I imagine it has a lot to do with his work situation changing. He went from writing on Parks and Rec to doing that Sarah Silverman pilot, and now he's the head writer for an upcoming show starring Brian Baumgartner from "The Office".
Thanks, I don't pay attention to all the behind the scene stuff so had no idea beyond Parks & Rec what he's up to.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He was in the 2012 tour podcasts if you haven't bought them.

edit: What's with the censoring on the CBB special?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Dec 10, 2012

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

New ep is average but I really like when there are multiple characters. Pamela Murphy was a bit weak but that happens to a lot of first timers in the show. Weak characters are fine though when there is someone like James there because it gives them material to react to that would not be there otherwise. The electric chair bit is makes the whole thing worth it.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
The Electric Chair bit totally made the episode, but yeah otherwise it was a little weak but not unpleasant. Adomian's Welles was pretty fun, I loved his cadence and inflection. Pamela Murphy was...pretty bad.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

CBB Nativity Pageant Special is now up along with some brilliant photos of your favourite comics. I'm particularly fond of this one:

PFT creepin' around in the background :3:

Also a fantastic photo of Scott and Kulap:

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer

Lugaloco posted:

Also a fantastic photo of Scott and Kulap:

Dawwwwww, that is a pretty great picture. They must be the most mutually silly couple in entertainment.
I think my favorite "Kulap mentioned on CBB" moment was when in this one episode, I forget which, it was brought up that Scott briefly dated I think Margret Cho in the 90s, and someone made the obvious crack of "Oh ho Scott, guess with Kulap and Cho we know what your type is" or something to that effect. Instantly incredibly awkward flustered non-reaction from Scott.
I think it's adorable that one of the few things that gets a rise out of Scott is cracking wise on Kulap:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Zohn posted:

I think it's adorable that one of the few things that gets a rise out of Scott is cracking wise on Kulap:

They did a lot of that on the ep of Professor Blastoff he guested on and he had a great time with it. First he had to buy Kulap and then he had to buy Kulap's boobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I would have paid money to see Scott's embarrassment listening to all these clips.

EDIT: On CBB topic, that was a really good episode. Surprised to see two newcomers do as well as Demetri and Pamela did.

cams fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 11, 2012