Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES
Anyone have an uncovered Seymour Duncan SH-4 jb they are looking to get rid of for a decent price? I want to make my tele more rockin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Loaf32 posted:

Nah, I think I'm set on the $150 + shipping. The only place I see them for sale is selling them for $165, but that's stock and no batteries or charger.

Check your email.

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!
Looking to trade a TC Helicon VoiceCorrect and a Line 6 UX2 Audio Interface that I don't use anymore for something.

Loaf32
Feb 18, 2007

I'M NOT ABOUT TO START SPENDING MONEY ON THE FORUMS, THANKS.

SnakePlissken posted:

Check your email.

Checked and replied.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Would anyone here know the best way to get an idea of what used instruments are worth? I was considering buying a used Gibson SG off a guy and he's asking 500. It's not any special vintage or anything. It's probably from the last ten years. It's got some noticable cosmetic flaws from wear and tear. Also, one of the pick ups has been replaced. I thinking that's a pretty standard price, but I was wondering if I could haggle him for less.

edit: It's a standard model.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Dec 6, 2012

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

CPL593H posted:

Would anyone here know the best way to get an idea of what used instruments are worth? I was considering buying a used Gibson SG off a guy and he's asking 500. It's not any special vintage or anything. It's probably from the last ten years. It's got some noticable cosmetic flaws from wear and tear. Also, one of the pick ups has been replaced. I thinking that's a pretty standard price, but I was wondering if I could haggle him for less.

edit: It's a standard model.

I'd say that's pretty fair. My general rules of thumb for used gear are:

75% of original price for excellent condition
60% of original price for very good
50% for good but visible wear/flaws

What kind of pickup did he put in there?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Scarf posted:

I'd say that's pretty fair. My general rules of thumb for used gear are:

75% of original price for excellent condition
60% of original price for very good
50% for good but visible wear/flaws

What kind of pickup did he put in there?

It's a humbucker but I can't remember the brand.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
I like to check completed listings on eBay for pricing, but yeah 60% to 75% of list is usually fair. $500 for a run-of-the-mill SG with some wear and tear sounds fair to me.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Loaf32 posted:

Checked and replied.

And payment sent!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Looking to trade/sell my Novation Xio 25, hopefully for an Akai MPD32, Remote Zero SL, Electribe ER-1 or some other cheap first-gen Electribe. It's in fine working shape - I can take photos once I get out of work.

Patman
Oct 11, 2004

I have a Taylor DN4 Acoustic guitar that I never play. I'd like to trade it for a telecaster (or Asat). I am open to other trades. You can find my craigslist entry here: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/3469995488.html

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Anyone have a short scale bass they'd like to part with?

Or anyone have a Gibson SG bass?

Chim
Jun 23, 2004
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!
To whoever is selling the moog voyager - id be interested if the price is right! Is it the performer series with the saveable patches? Send me a PM and let's chat for a possible Christmas Moog spectacular

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

Chim posted:

To whoever is selling the moog voyager - id be interested if the price is right! Is it the performer series with the saveable patches? Send me a PM and let's chat for a possible Christmas Moog spectacular

Already sold :/ Sorry!

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

I need snakes! Snakes!! 10-25' would be ideal and old as poo poo is fine as long as they pass signal. If you have any multicore cables laying around let me know. Thanks bros.

Loaf32
Feb 18, 2007

SnakePlissken posted:

And payment sent!

Shipped out!

Loaf32
Feb 18, 2007

I have a little big muff and need a swollen pickle. Anyone interested? ;-*

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
So here I've got a whole ton of poo poo to sell. Before anyone asks, no I didn't steal any of this, I work for a Non-Profit 501C charity Art School. People donate lots stuff and most of it is useless to us. I'm Selling this stuff mostly because we need stuff, and to keep our programs going.
Student Model Violin Needs strings but otherwise good. Helmke Strad Model 100 Shipped

Yamaha Clarinet $150 Shipped

Armstrong Flute $125 Shipped

Artley Flute $125 Shipped

Drum Hardware- PDP Brand, Snare, Hi Hat, Cymbal Stand- Make Offer

All Prices are negotiable. PM me.

Hollis Brownsound fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 20, 2012

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Loaf32 posted:

I have a little big muff and need a swollen pickle. Anyone interested? ;-*

I suggest you write some twelve bar blues about it, myself.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
This one is mine:
SOLD
2008 Fender Jazz Deluxe Bass. Has the noise canceling pickups and active system. No issues cosmetically, electronically, or in playability, I just want to get into a P-Bass. Comes with Gig Bag
$375 +shipping

Hollis Brownsound fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 4, 2013

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Loaf32 posted:

Shipped out!

Got the amp in the mail Thursday or so, wanted to thank you for it. It's been immaculately taken care of and the added batteries are great. Just gonna run this baby off batteries. If I wanted to be a busker this would be an absolutely awesome amp for it too.

Loaf32
Feb 18, 2007

SnakePlissken posted:

Got the amp in the mail Thursday or so, wanted to thank you for it. It's been immaculately taken care of and the added batteries are great. Just gonna run this baby off batteries. If I wanted to be a busker this would be an absolutely awesome amp for it too.

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it's working out for you. I would've kept it, but it just doesn't bring the doom like my Sunn, and I've got one of those tiny Orange amps for dicking around. Figured someone could put it to better use, since it's a pretty slick little piece of work.

Here's a note on keeping tabs on the batteries: when they don't have enough juice to blast the amp at the full 10w, the amp chucks down into 5w automatically. You will still get a good amount of playing time after that, but it's good for keeping a feeler on how much juice you've got.

Professor Science
Mar 8, 2006
diplodocus + mortarboard = party
Upgraded some guitars, have some parts on my desk that I am probably never going to use again so I might as well give them away:

- set of cream-colored Fender SCN noiseless single-coil pickups taken from an 08 american deluxe ash strat. apparently various people think they sound pretty good, but they were way, way, way too bright in the ash body for my liking (to be fair, it is a ludicrously bright body).

- a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover SH-55 neck pickup that I took from my G&L tele with chrome cover. it's a good PAF pickup, I took it out because it didn't pair particularly well with the single-coil in the bridge of the tele (too dark).

- set of Schaller tuners from same G&L tele--these are the split post design with a G&L logo on the back. I replaced these with Schaller locking tuners because I found restringing too annoying (high E has a tendency to pop out during initial tightening, it's incredibly frustrating but maybe if you're using heavier strings than my 9.5s you'd be okay), but hey, supposedly people like these too and once strung they work great. should just drop in on any Fender tuner mount.

anyway, if any of these seem useful to you, PM me--I'm fine giving them away to anyone (in the US, I am way too lazy for international shipping) that would actually do something with them. bonus points if you take the PAF and the tuners together.

edit: tuners and the Seth Lover are probably gone, SCNs are still available.

Professor Science fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 24, 2012

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES

Professor Science posted:

Upgraded some guitars, have some parts on my desk that I am probably never going to use again so I might as well give them away:

- set of cream-colored Fender SCN noiseless single-coil pickups taken from an 08 american deluxe ash strat. apparently various people think they sound pretty good, but they were way, way, way too bright in the ash body for my liking (to be fair, it is a ludicrously bright body).

- a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover SH-55 neck pickup that I took from my G&L tele with chrome cover. it's a good PAF pickup, I took it out because it didn't pair particularly well with the single-coil in the bridge of the tele (too dark).

- set of Schaller tuners from same G&L tele--these are the split post design with a G&L logo on the back. I replaced these with Schaller locking tuners because I found restringing too annoying (high E has a tendency to pop out during initial tightening, it's incredibly frustrating but maybe if you're using heavier strings than my 9.5s you'd be okay), but hey, supposedly people like these too and once strung they work great. should just drop in on any Fender tuner mount.

anyway, if any of these seem useful to you, PM me--I'm fine giving them away to anyone (in the US, I am way too lazy for international shipping) that would actually do something with them. bonus points if you take the PAF and the tuners together.

I'm interested in the Seth lover neck, I've been thinking about replacing the neck p90 in my semi-hollow for a humbucker, and it has a Seth lover in the bridge so it'd work great! How much were you looking for it? Is it 4 conductor or 2?

Daughter
Jul 23, 2007

Anyone live in the Orlando area that would be willing to help me get a guitar? Found one on CL but the guy wont ship.

Professor Science
Mar 8, 2006
diplodocus + mortarboard = party
Tuners and the PAF have been claimed; SCN single coils are still available.

while I'm in the process of cleaning stuff out, if anyone in the Bay Area has any interest in an Orange AD30TC with a road case, definitely get in touch with me, I'd let it go for cheap. (it's way too big to ship)

edit: just kidding SCNs are gone

Professor Science fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 25, 2012

Patman
Oct 11, 2004

Anyone interested in a 61 SG reissue? I would trade for a tele or acoustic, though I'd consider other trades as well. No strats or Les Pauls. Here is the Craigslist link http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/msg/3500341554.html

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Seeing if there's any interest here in this:

A Zoom 508 Digital delay pedal. It has tap tempo and tons and tons of adjustable parameters. It comes with tons of presets. I know a lot of you see Zoom and groan but these are actually pretty drat nice. They go on Ebay for $150+ and I see people asking $300+. But I'll let this go for $100 Shipped OBO. If you play post rock or dreamy stuff this pedal really is a great choice.

I'm also parting out a home built strat. Nice parts, I just really don't have time to gently caress with it anymore. The Neck is a Boat Back Warmoth premium neck with vintage tint, very chunky neck, if you have big hands this is for you has Schaller tuners on it. There are a couple of nicks, one on the fret board and one on the headstock where I accidentally drilled though it, it's hardly noticeable. Pups are some old rear end Texas Specials from where abouts unknown, they sound pretty good but pole pieces are rusty. Bridge is Warmoth Fender replacement in gold.

All prices OBO
Neck-$150 shipped was $300 new
Bridge-$35 shipped was $56 new
Pick Guard- $50 shipped will need re-soldered.

Hollis Brownsound fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 28, 2012

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Someone sell me a TV yellow double cutaway Les Paul Special with P-90s please!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Here are photos of the aforementioned Xiosynth. Willing to do $150 shipped, or local pickup in Houston. It's in good shape - just has a few scuffs on the plastic shell. PM me if you have any questions.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Well, let's just scratch this out.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 29, 2012

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale
Anyone need an M-Audio USB Uno? Just found it and I certainly have no use for it.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Any Bay Area goons want an electric drumset? Here's my Craigslist post: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/3509983718.html

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

FancyMike posted:

I've got an amp to get rid of. 60's Guild Thunderbass. Powered by a pair of 6L6GCs with some 12AX7s in there as well. 6L6s are Raytheon and three of the 12AX7 are Telefunken. Three prong power cord is installed and the only issue is that the input jacks on channel 1 are a little spotty at times and I haven't gotten to replacing them. Only really a problem for me when I go to jumper them and am only getting a signal into channel 2. Great sounding amp, but I just don't really need to keep it around as much as I'd like to.

Would like to get $250 or some interesting pedals out of it. Dealing locally would be ideal, I'm in Seattle.

I'm in California and am very interested in this. Seeing as you like pedals, let me interest you in this:

It's a Zvex Box of Rock I had signed by Zach Vex, in person, last year. He signed the side too, but it wore off :smith:
It's one of my very favorities, and my go-to workhorse in my early lead guitar days before I switched to a modified Carvin tube. Still, the Germanium circuitry is an absolute beauty and sounds good through pretty much any amp. If you want an idea of the sound, Vex built this pedal to basically simulate the tube breakup of a Marshall JTM45 stack, like Clapton's Cream era sound. The right side is an incredibly dynamic distortion circuit and the left side is a clean boost. Everything works like a dream, though the volume pots sound dirty; Vex, however, insists that this is "on purpose," a necessity in adjusting the bias of the germanium circuit concurrently. If you're playing a punk rock show, it creates an amazingly aggravating sound when the amp is cranked, I actually like it. People you play with might not agree.
Also, question, what's the rating for that amp? A pair of 6L6 tubes, I'd assumed about 55w. As I'm planning to use this for a bass, would this be strong enough to cut the mix between a drumkit and a single, low-watt guitar amp? I know with a solid state, that's pretty lacking, but tubes seem to offer a greater output.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 31, 2012

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I'm in California and am very interested in this. Seeing as you like pedals, let me interest you in this:

It's a Zvex Box of Rock I had signed by Zach Vex, in person, last year. He signed the side too, but it wore off :smith:
It's one of my very favorities, and my go-to workhorse in my early lead guitar days before I switched to a modified Carvin tube. Still, the Germanium circuitry is an absolute beauty and sounds good through pretty much any amp. If you want an idea of the sound, Vex built this pedal to basically simulate the tube breakup of a Marshall JTM45 stack, like Clapton's Cream era sound. The right side is an incredibly dynamic distortion circuit and the left side is a clean boost. Everything works like a dream, though the volume pots sound dirty; Vex, however, insists that this is "on purpose," a necessity in adjusting the bias of the germanium circuit concurrently. If you're playing a punk rock show, it creates an amazingly aggravating sound when the amp is cranked, I actually like it. People you play with might not agree.
Also, question, what's the rating for that amp? A pair of 6L6 tubes, I'd assumed about 55w. As I'm planning to use this for a bass, would this be strong enough to cut the mix between a drumkit and a single, low-watt guitar amp? I know with a solid state, that's pretty lacking, but tubes seem to offer a greater output.

Oh wow, that's an old post. So, that one's not actually for sale anymore.

Since you've asked though I can give you a little info on the amp. I've seen a couple in shops or on ebay before, and if one pops up more locally for you it should be fairly cheap to pick up. I think Guild made another very similar 2x6l6 amp that only had one channel too.

There's no actual power rating on the amp. I know there are plenty of 2x6l6 amps advertised in the 60w range but that's probably bullshit and I'd guess this one's more like ~45w. Not that there'd really be an audible difference between 45 and 55. The bias point for the power tubes is 414mv if that helps. You'll need big, effecient speakers to get decent volume out of it for bass. I played bass in a not very loud indie rockish kind of band for a while and the Thunderbass through a 2x15 kept up with a drummer and an AC15 just fine. I wouldn't try and keep up with anything smaller than a 4x10 or 2x15 though. It is not loud enough for my other band. I had to practice with it and a 4x10 in a loud punk band for a painful couple months last winter. It sounded great when I could hear it, but was just not enough.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

FancyMike posted:

Oh wow, that's an old post. So, that one's not actually for sale anymore.

Dang. Didn't even notice how old posts got only a couple pages back. Thanks for the advice though.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

HollisBrown posted:

So here I've got a whole ton of poo poo to sell. Before anyone asks, no I didn't steal any of this, I work for a Non-Profit 501C charity Art School. People donate lots stuff and most of it is useless to us. I'm Selling this stuff mostly because we need stuff, and to keep our programs going.
Student Model Violin Needs strings but otherwise good. Helmke Strad Model 100 Shipped

Yamaha Clarinet $150 Shipped

Armstrong Flute $125 Shipped

Artley Flute $125 Shipped

Drum Hardware- PDP Brand, Snare, Hi Hat, Cymbal Stand- Make Offer

All Prices are negotiable. PM me.

Quoting because this stuff needs gone, we have some real expenses and the center and we need some quick cash. No reasonable offer refused!

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

All prices paypal shipped, all pedals have velcro:

-Zvex Mastotron $100
-Reverend Drivetrain (original) , moderate scratches on case but works perfectly $90
-TC Electronics Polytune $gone
-EHX 12AY7 Mic Pre $120
-Tascam US-122 USB audio interface $gone

The Bunk fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 17, 2013

Schatten
Jul 7, 2002

Das ist nicht meine
schnellen Rennwagen
Lots of stuff I need to sell, taking up too much space and I have little time these days to use my gear.

Peterson StroboRack Strobe Tuner w/SR-EX Expander module

This is a practically new unit. I bought it a year ago for 359. Upgraded with the SR-EX expander module from Musicians Friend http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/peterson-sr-ex-stroborack-pro-input-expander for another hundred bucks. I have plugged it in once to make sure it works and did not touch it thereafter. It was left on a shelf for six months but has otherwise been in its original box, on a shelf in a closet in a non-smoking home.

My loss, your gain...
Price: $385 shipped.
As for trades: I don't really need anything at this time.

StroboRack: http://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm?category=73
SR-EX Input Expander: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/peterson-sr-ex-stroborack-pro-input-expander

I have the original rear plate as well, which will be included, in case you wish to switch back.

No personal pictures of the unit at the moment, but I've sold lots of stuff on here in the past. It's mint in the box and like I said, only has been turned on once to test it out.

TASCAM US-1800 16-in, 4-out USB 2.0 Audio Interface
$185 shipped!

http://tascam.com/product/us-1800/
It's in perfect shape. Kept in the home on a shelf for a few months. Used very little. Will include CDs manuals, etc. All is in perfect condition. The box has the UPC removed (there was a rebate when I purchased it)

Philosopher King Envelope/Sustainer
http://www.pigtronix.com/products/philosopher-king/
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/pigtronix-philosopher-king-compressor-and-sustainer-guitar-effects-pedal
$220 shipped! New in box! Never played. Dead mint condition!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Bunk posted:

All prices paypal shipped, all pedals have velcro:

-Zvex Mastotron $100
-Reverend Drivetrain (original) , moderate scratches on case but works perfectly $90
-TC Electronics Polytune $gone
-EHX 12AY7 Mic Pre $120
-Tascam US-122 USB audio interface $gone
How's that Mastotron? I'm kind of obsessed with fuzz pedals :shobon:

EDIT: Plus you're a fellow EC avatar-haver so I have to trust you