Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Bluhman posted:

I'd have to actually see a build to get an idea of what sort of advice to offer - which could range from "start by taking enrage" to narrowing down like what which one of three attacks is absolutely optimal.

By the way, did you look into using Laser Blades in the power-armor framework? There's actually a triad of decent powers there that make for some pretty decent damage. (Especially that combo. Heck, you could choose specs that purely boost combo power and fuel your entire damage just doing that.)

Well, other than what I stated I don't really have a build but the Might [Tank Spec] build on that page is what I was loosely following. The friend I've been leveling with linked me this one too though and I might see if it helps any.

And yeah, Laser Blade and Power Fist (Not what it sounds like!) are the first things I tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cuchulain posted:

Brief word of warning: because CO actually adds your healing to your threat, taking medical nanites means you will die forever, all the time, if you are teaming at all. Unless somehow by luck you run into the lone person playing a ranged tank who isn't a complete idiot.
Oh, right. I USED to know this :downs: The things you forget after like, a year.

At some least important quirks like "Why does it hurt when it said I dodged?" still stuck with me though.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
In a world, where every hero and villain can land a glancing blow. With a rocket launcher.

If you've got guides, and they don't seem horribly outdated (around summer of this year probably is a good timeframe), then you should be golden. That said, I do know the first one linked is a very general summary done well before the switch over to specializations and the like, so much of that has likely changed around since then.

This utility gives a nice way for you to plan out and share your builds. That way, we can clearly see the specifics behind what you're putting into the build and give some more accurate advice.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Guy Forget posted:

That limit is per character, so if you have the time you can generate as much as you want. Create character, farm questionite, sell it, delete character, repeat. People will dislike seeing level 6 characters in alerts, but it works.

:stare: Brill.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Bluhman posted:

This utility gives a nice way for you to plan out and share your builds. That way, we can clearly see the specifics behind what you're putting into the build and give some more accurate advice.

Thanks! I think I've figured out what I plan on doing. Here is my basic plan for the most part. I'm 26 right now so I have everything up to that point.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Dec 13, 2012

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BenRGamer posted:

How? I took a look on there and didn't see anything about Questionite, what's it under?

The vehicles can be sold, not questionite.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Returning impressions since I haven't played in a loooong while: Huh, character creator feels more robust than I recall. May be in my head, though. Alerts seem pretty fun, am playing The Unleashed. Either pubbie tanks are retarded or my level 10-scaled-up DPS is better than I expected, as I regularly pull off tanks even giving them a ~10s lead. This Archetype feels decent but squishy, gotta kill fast or risk dying.

Also man my old characters are embarrassing as gently caress. :v: I should delete some and try some of the other f2p archetypes. How's The Radiant, and are the two free tanks decent?

e: Last time I played, Heavy Weapons had just come out. Time last played on that character: 515 days. :v: my other characters are 1,120ish days.

e2: I'm @Treveran in game.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 13, 2012

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Picked this up again, and holy hell have things changed. There's almost too many powers to pick from in freeform.

Also am I reading this right? Electric form synergies well with the laser sword stuff from Power Armor?

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Guy Forget posted:

That limit is per character, so if you have the time you can generate as much as you want. Create character, farm questionite, sell it, delete character, repeat. People will dislike seeing level 6 characters in alerts, but it works.

Not only this, but this does make a potential for a very cheap and fairly quick (if not very boring) method of farming Q-boxes:

1. Level a character up to level 9. (Preferably with teleport or stealth.)
2. Get the mission Purple Reign.
3. Go to the end of the mission, and defeat Poe, but don't deactivate the bomb. Instead, just walk out the door.
4. Re-enter. The instance should instantly be reset.
5. Return to step 3.
6. When bored, open boxes and continue normal play.

Catsworth posted:

Thanks! I think I've figured out what I plan on doing. Here is my basic plan for the most part. I'm 26 right now so I have everything up to that point.

Yeah, the basics seem alright. I'd move Demolish or Uppercut earlier into the build, though, because those are much better attacks for dealing with single-player content than Thunderclap or Shockwave.

That said, I'd replace Thunderclap with Havoc Stomp. Half-charged, it generates a highly controllable vertical knock, and hits everything in a full-circle around you in melee range. Easily one of the best attacks in the Might tree.

With all those Active Defenses, Your build is going to benefit greatly from a Protector Specialization. Defensive Expertise in that tree is the only of its kind, and can reduce Active Defense recharge time by up to 21%.

With that in mind, I suggest heavily gearing your character for quick recharges. Could also make Intelligence a high secondary stat, by spreading your talents out to also boost INT.

JAssassin posted:

Also am I reading this right? Electric form synergies well with the laser sword stuff from Power Armor?

It does, but in all actuality, the damage boost it grants is about on-par with the damage boost granted for non-physical melee attacks by Unstoppable/Way of the Warrior. If you aren't going to be using ranged attacks and want to have a bit more defense, I'd say you should stick to one of those two passives.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JAssassin posted:

Picked this up again, and holy hell have things changed. There's almost too many powers to pick from in freeform.

Yup. Damage types fall into categories in this game, and offensive passives boost by category, not specific type (Except Ego Form used to only boost Ego damage, I don't know if that's still the case.)

Laser swords are particle damage, which falls under Energy like Electricity.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Bluhman posted:

Not only this, but this does make a potential for a very cheap and fairly quick (if not very boring) method of farming Q-boxes:

1. Level a character up to level 9. (Preferably with teleport or stealth.)
2. Get the mission Purple Reign.
3. Go to the end of the mission, and defeat Poe, but don't deactivate the bomb. Instead, just walk out the door.
4. Re-enter. The instance should instantly be reset.
5. Return to step 3.
6. When bored, open boxes and continue normal play.

How many does he drop? Another way is to work your way through Serpent Lantern to the Second Bunker. Kill Frosty, DON'T use the keycard after you loot everything. He still gives double drops of everything, including questionite boxes.

It might take a little longer but if you can do it reliably that's 400 to a potential 3,000 Q per run.

Guy Forget
Dec 25, 2006
It's not pronounced the way you think.
I'm going to have to try that Purple Reign thing. Freon never really seemed worth it to me--too many objectives along the way, made things a bit too slow. But then I'm not really trying to farm tons of questionite so my standards may be off.

Tsurupettan posted:

Either pubbie tanks are retarded or
Yep. Though I do like to point out that a lot of them might never have intended to be tanks--the F2P guy who just wants to be Ice Dude gets forced into tank role by the archetype, he never wanted that shield icon.

Guy Forget fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 13, 2012

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

Returning impressions since I haven't played in a loooong while: Huh, character creator feels more robust than I recall. May be in my head, though. Alerts seem pretty fun, am playing The Unleashed. Either pubbie tanks are retarded or my level 10-scaled-up DPS is better than I expected, as I regularly pull off tanks even giving them a ~10s lead. This Archetype feels decent but squishy, gotta kill fast or risk dying.

Also man my old characters are embarrassing as gently caress. :v: I should delete some and try some of the other f2p archetypes. How's The Radiant, and are the two free tanks decent?

e: Last time I played, Heavy Weapons had just come out. Time last played on that character: 515 days. :v: my other characters are 1,120ish days.

e2: I'm @Treveran in game.

The Jedi Archetype gets a lot less squishy once you get both Bountiful Chi Resurgence and Force Shield, providing a substantial amount of healing and defense while also netting a shitload of energy. You never stop being squishy though, since you are of course DPS, but with those 2 skills + Eye of the Storm the archetype can actually semi-tank really, really well; long enough for a bad tank to respawn and return to pick up the threat.

Radiant is really good for healing, and absolutely pitiful for damage; if you're playing with a friend then it isn't bad, but if you have any intention of soloing content then prepare for some difficulty. You won't die, but you'll definitely get bored alone.

the Ice Archetype does a solid enough job of tanking, but starting out is a bit of a chore, all I can really say for it.

Might Archetype is really good at tanking, but pales compared to freeform Might's due to the lack of its best power, Havoc Stomp.

If you go back a page or two someone lunk the free Heavy Weapons Archetype (and matching Viking costume set), it's -really- good at being a Tanky DPS, and has a pretty nice variety of powers. Not to mention most of the Heavy Weapons animations are really, really satisfying.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
On my Might user, I had trouble consistently keeping aggro on bosses until I got to level 20 or so and unlocked the protector specialization tree and I got 52% bonus threat when in hybrid mode. :psyduck:
A decently geared electric user will still pull away from me though, because electricity is that crazy.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

If you go back a page or two someone lunk the free Heavy Weapons Archetype (and matching Viking costume set), it's -really- good at being a Tanky DPS, and has a pretty nice variety of powers. Not to mention most of the Heavy Weapons animations are really, really satisfying.

Oddly, I have that key on my account, but I can't use the Devastator.

e: vvv Well, I did now. :shobon:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 13, 2012

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

Oddly, I have that key on my account, but I can't use the Devastator.

Did you actually claim it from the Z-Store?

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
I'm probably going to pick this back up and mess around a bit. Does anyone have any general advice for trying to make a ranged tank? I've got a character sitting around that I was always trying to make a Might/Electric hybrid but it never got anywhere. I figured the best way to actually build him and make him fun and effective while staying in the "tough strong guy that shoots lightning" theme would be to keep most of his attacks as lightning (Gigabolt!) while throwing in one or two Might punches that look cool and/or fill a hole in the build. And then build him to be tough and able to keep threat.

So, what's the basic outline of a ranged tank? Electricity powers for ranged damage, specifically. Or any tank guidelines really.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Bluhman posted:

It does, but in all actuality, the damage boost it grants is about on-par with the damage boost granted for non-physical melee attacks by Unstoppable/Way of the Warrior. If you aren't going to be using ranged attacks and want to have a bit more defense, I'd say you should stick to one of those two passives.

Would those two pair well with Force then, since the damage it does is also physical? It says in the description for Unstoppable/Way of the Warrior that it increases all physical damage (Although still less than other types of damage). It only looks like there's a couple of sword attacks, so it'd have to pair with something else besides just power armor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JAssassin posted:

Would those two pair well with Force then, since the damage it does is also physical? It says in the description for Unstoppable/Way of the Warrior that it increases all physical damage (Although still less than other types of damage). It only looks like there's a couple of sword attacks, so it'd have to pair with something else besides just power armor.

No, because Force is almost all ranged physical damage.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Aphrodite posted:

No, because Force is almost all ranged physical damage.

Ah, ok. I didn't realize there was a distinction.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

JAssassin posted:

Ah, ok. I didn't realize there was a distinction.
I'd figure a new/returning player can be forgiven for the mixup regarding Force Vs Melee.

After all, "The Unleashed" Silver Archetype is a mix of Dual Blades and Force powers :v:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Section Z posted:

I'd figure a new/returning player can be forgiven for the mixup regarding Force Vs Melee.

After all, "The Unleashed" Silver Archetype is a mix of Dual Blades and Force powers :v:

Yeah, that's kind of where I got the idea from, along with the damage types being the same, as opposed to how the damage is dealt.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

rex monday posted:

I'm probably going to pick this back up and mess around a bit. Does anyone have any general advice for trying to make a ranged tank? I've got a character sitting around that I was always trying to make a Might/Electric hybrid but it never got anywhere. I figured the best way to actually build him and make him fun and effective while staying in the "tough strong guy that shoots lightning" theme would be to keep most of his attacks as lightning (Gigabolt!) while throwing in one or two Might punches that look cool and/or fill a hole in the build. And then build him to be tough and able to keep threat.

So, what's the basic outline of a ranged tank? Electricity powers for ranged damage, specifically. Or any tank guidelines really.

Electricity Tanks are some of the easiest to play out there. Not only do you have higher defenses, thanks to the whole "you're a tank" thing, but you also do well-above average damage to single targets, thanks to the fact that Electricity is still really powerful.

The two biggest problems you will face include that grabbing aggro either requires reliance on an infrequent AoE (Lightning Bolt), wading into the heat of battle (sparkstorm), or sacrificing a huge amount of your main single-target DPS (lightning arc), AND that tank role reduces the amount of energy you have to play with. To solve the problem, this build uses on-hit energy returns, such as Defiance, Fuel my Fire, and Force Sheath, to overcome shortened energy reserves. Aggro-generating tools are placed directly on your primary attacks of Lightning Arc and Sparkstorm, so put up a shield, wade into the heat of battle against mobs, and arc the bosses.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Huh, turns out I had an unused Amazon code (couple, actually, should do something with the others) on my shelf. So I've got a month of gold, hooray. Now to deal with the overwhelming options. I'm probably gonna sink a bunch of time in and spread out and try a slew of characters: Ranged DPS, Melee DPS, Tank, Pets, Heals/Buff+Debuff. Oh god I can feel my CoH build sperging coming back.

My first character is level 19 and used electric stuff. I saw the glory days of Gigabolt+Sonic Devices oneshotting everything are gone, so I'm not sure what to do now. I'm thinking of speccing her to start off like this, with suggestions from the elemental projector set post: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=5&n=&d=1547YRTWXaU70101000120315031700370018001B000000000000000000000000000000000100000000 And then I don't know where to go from there! I'm guessing I'll use Avenger/Vindicator for specialization trees and buff the gently caress out of my crit, but power-wise I am clueless.

For the Melee DPS, the Laser Knight thing mentioned sounds really loving cool, but again, I'm having the same issue of 'what do I take after the first 20 levels to round this out?' Here's what I have so far: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=5&n=&d=1142Z9BHEKT70109204950598039D05C8039E009G030000000000000000000000000000000200000000 I'm really not sure what to do with it for energy management, though. Electric Form is a big bump to recovery and equilibrium and works with the laser sword attacks, but Way of the Warrior would make me more defensive. I was really pleased to see they fully fleshed out Laser Swords, though. Alternatively, would it be doable to make a Laser Sword character a reasonable tank given the benefits of Laser Knight? I'd swap Dex to Con and pick up Defiance for that I imagine.

For heals/buffs/debuffs I did a bit better in filling it out, though still missing a few spots: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=5&n=&d=1683HOQZSMU7010O000O100O403N303OC05LB03LA03LG05OD00O500OA000000OH0000000cZ40CLN2JrY Some healing, lot of friendly damage reduction, manage my energy with Circle of Arcane Power, debuff with Ebon Sigils.

As for pets, gently caress theme, I just want to poo poo an endless army of pets on people. Is there any real limit to summoning pets, or can I have an army that puts Masterminds to shame? Sadly I have no idea where to even begin here. I know there's something like nine or ten unique pets you can summon. v:shobon:v edit: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=5&n=&d=1458YRUXMNQ7010710074000000M5037P037R037Q034C03M703PE035E03KC0300007V000maU0GF20cGI this has 8 controllable pets, I'd include more but I ran out of advantage points. I have two empty spots that could hold something useful. Maybe Bionic Shielding for filler to dump on tanks/pets? I don't think I have anything that triggers MSA or I'd take that. I could put Arcane or Primal circles in near the end depending on how my energy looks.

I have no idea where I want to go conceptually with a tank unless I can turn Laser Sword poo poo above into a tank, so I'll leave that off.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 14, 2012

Guy Forget
Dec 25, 2006
It's not pronounced the way you think.

Tsurupettan posted:

Huh, turns out I had an unused Amazon code (couple, actually, should do something with the others) on my shelf.
My partner has a Best Buy code he can't use. Interested in trading?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Guy Forget posted:

My partner has a Best Buy code he can't use. Interested in trading?

e: Got the code, sent you yours. I've still got one left.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 14, 2012

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Jesus Christ :stare: Level 9 Kevin Poe was literally incapable of hurting my level 9 EGO Primary Fire blaster... With Regen Secondary.

I know it's just the training wheels first contact content, but drat.

Also "Open box to recived up to 1,500 Q" You got 200 Q :thumbsup:

EDIT: Only level 12 so far, now that I have Reverb I feel comfortable taking Con over Recovery as a secondary stat for giggles and maximum gear free regen/hp.

http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=5&n=&d=1583baNWPXQB0C0200021042405Q80328002A052C0588002B032703QG03250300002D010tH53bhy3bDM

My silly build, Gotta take Energy Storm at the end just on principle. Taking Rebirth at level 35 would probably be comedic overkill. So I find myself wondering what novelty power to cram in there. Unranked Arcane Imp summon just for fun? Fire swords to play alongside the Fire Snake? Circle of Arcane power for even more energy? Toxic nanites/Sonic Device?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Dec 14, 2012

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Speaking of builds, I'm sincerely considering putting in money to just try out the game as a Gold member and I kinda wanted to try my hand at freeforming. Notably, a Hybrid Tank mostly based on the Invincible/Power Armor AT.
Link here.

For the most part, I just want to stick into the melee while still being able to keep and maintain aggro on targets with a good range of ranged attacks. I wasn't sure what to do with Overdrive, but I kept it in since it's an Invincible staple. I did change the powerstats around from Ego/Int/Con to Ego/Con/Rec, and my talents include two instances of Fortified Gear, but I figured they actually stacked. Hybrid role is almost a must, see Debillitating Challenge.

Any feedback on this?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

^^^ In my opinion, I'd take challenging strikes off Minigun and put it on a PBAoE instead since you have Plasma Beam already for a cone-wide taunt. Consider Lightwave Slash or something from an elemental set perhaps.

Does anybody have a level 40 with Lightning Reflexes? What kind of dodge/avoidance numbers do you get on it? I'm mulling over between a concept and I can't decide between that or Defiance.

Metrohunter fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 14, 2012

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
In my admittedly limited experience, not enough to offset the loss of damage from an offensive passive. I respecced my ego blades character into ID mastery instead at level 35ish and her survivability actually improved simply cause all those little guys weren't lasting long enough to nickle and dime her to death anymore. And with gear and specialisations and elusive monk she has almost as much dodge/avoidance now as she did when she had lightning reflexes.

TLDR; diminishing returns suck balls.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Metrohunter posted:

Does anybody have a level 40 with Lightning Reflexes? What kind of dodge/avoidance numbers do you get on it? I'm mulling over between a concept and I can't decide between that or Defiance.

My freeform Batman has it as a 'filler' power. I discovered my build had an extra power slot that I could either put a kick in or LR. Since all my bases were covered, I went with LR so that I could pull peoples' boots from the fire in Alerts when I invariably pulled aggro or we had no dedicated tanks (that I'd eventually pull aggro from anyway. NW + 100 Hands).

I didn't commit much to it though. I think it's still Rank 1. Still, it allows me to survive through alerts with little trouble. Gravitar still turns me into paste, but then again, most of the time in Gravitar, I'm trying to stay in DPS mode since that's my job. Haven't done Skycarrier yet. And my character doesn't have PVP build staples like NTTG, so I don't have any good PVP stats on her.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Bluhman posted:

Electricity Tanks are some of the easiest to play out there. Not only do you have higher defenses, thanks to the whole "you're a tank" thing, but you also do well-above average damage to single targets, thanks to the fact that Electricity is still really powerful.

The two biggest problems you will face include that grabbing aggro either requires reliance on an infrequent AoE (Lightning Bolt), wading into the heat of battle (sparkstorm), or sacrificing a huge amount of your main single-target DPS (lightning arc), AND that tank role reduces the amount of energy you have to play with. To solve the problem, this build uses on-hit energy returns, such as Defiance, Fuel my Fire, and Force Sheath, to overcome shortened energy reserves. Aggro-generating tools are placed directly on your primary attacks of Lightning Arc and Sparkstorm, so put up a shield, wade into the heat of battle against mobs, and arc the bosses.

Thanks a ton. That looks great. It looks like I was vaguely on the right track. I think I'll just swap out Ball Lightning and Implosion Engine for thematic Might powers. Either Demolish or Roomsweeper probably. Maybe Shockwave.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

A tanky Supernatural build caught my eye. I would probably drop a couple ranks somewhere and get taunts on shred and frenzy, though.

Powerhouse

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

rex monday posted:

Thanks a ton. That looks great. It looks like I was vaguely on the right track. I think I'll just swap out Ball Lightning and Implosion Engine for thematic Might powers. Either Demolish or Roomsweeper probably. Maybe Shockwave.

Thing about those moves is that they definitely have big tactical applications. Ball Lightning makes Ionic Reverberation trigger much more often, thus giving you a lot more energy to work with. As for Implosion Engine, which is less vital but I wasn't sure what theme we were going with, it does serve very nicely to gather up enemies in a huge clump so that your Gigabolt can hit them all.

What's most likely going to happen if you take those two is that you'll almost never use them, on account of your main attacks being a lot more convenient to use. Demolish's defense down only applies for melee physical attacks, while roomsweeper will pretty much make any melee DPS person hate you instantly. Shockwave does hit a pretty big area, but its damage is quite unimpressive, and you'll most likely revert to just tapping Gigabolt on things until they die. On the plus side, it might actually be a better attack to place Challenging Strikes on than Sparkstorm, so you could substitute that out for Shockwave.

If I were to mix might into the build, I'd put in Defensive Combo and Lock and Load w/ advantage: Trigger LnL, fire off electric attacks until it runs out, then charge into melee range and begin clobbering the hell out of your enemies to draw aggro and make it recharge quicker.

Bluhman fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 14, 2012

Souichiro
Aug 31, 2003

You should focus on doing the things only you can do.
This is probably a stupid question, but are the Questionite costume unlocks bind to account, or per character? I can't seem to find conclusive info one way or another.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Souichiro posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but are the Questionite costume unlocks bind to account, or per character? I can't seem to find conclusive info one way or another.

Account.

One of the Cyberpunk pieces is male only, though. I forget which.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Souichiro posted:

I am 100% certain that all costume and travel power unlocks are account-wide. Now if only you could actually SEE what the costume piece looks like in the store menu instead of a tiny teeny .gif of what it MIGHT look like.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Ah, jesus, gently caress this mandatory Perfect World account linking. The requirements on Perfect World account and display names are just dumb, and Jan is obviously taken in both cases.

Edit: Motherfucking piece of poo poo nuked all my Zen points in the process!

Edit 2: And now I can't even log back in.

Edit 3:
vvvvvvv
Yeah, I was able to log into the actual game and the Zen points are there, so it's just Perfect World's website being crappy.

Jan fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 14, 2012

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Make sure the password you type is in all lowercase. Otherwise, it won't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Metrohunter posted:

^^^ In my opinion, I'd take challenging strikes off Minigun and put it on a PBAoE instead since you have Plasma Beam already for a cone-wide taunt. Consider Lightwave Slash or something from an elemental set perhaps.

What PBAOE would you suggest? I kinda was looking at Infernal Epidemic, since it was nice enough flavour for my intended build (welcome back my dear Crab Spider Longfang), but I wasn't sure if it was damaging enough to maintain aggro and how long its activation was or not.