Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

Now, why did they start with a Panamera?

They have load leveling air suspensions. Panameras and Cayennes are very popular as camera cars in the film industry for that reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuanChai
Mar 3, 2007
The Chairman of the Bawd

Ha! Looks like one of the the influences Nissan used for the Leaf...

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

Fucknag posted:

Now if only the cockpit had as much space. Tall people problems :argh:

THIS!

I wanted one so loving bad when they came out. Went down to the dealership, down payment in hand all excited and poo poo.

Until I sat in one. Or, more accurately, put one on.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

BoostCreep posted:

They have load leveling air suspensions. Panameras and Cayennes are very popular as camera cars in the film industry for that reason.

Don't range rovers also have that?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Crankit posted:

Don't range rovers also have that?

And some Cadillacs, BMWs, and Mercs.....and probably more.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Motronic posted:

And some Cadillacs, BMWs, and Mercs.....and probably more.

And Citroëns! :france:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
"Load levelling" or "height adjustable"? Because load levelling air suspension is pretty simple and lots of cars have it, Ford Expeditions for example, or most Volvo wagons, or Dodge Caravans with the tow package. It's just a system that adjusts the height up to a certain level using the motion of the dampers.

The height adjustable stuff is different, but you can still get it in a V6 Grand Cherokee. Don't know how the Panamera, a car that was just released 2 years ago, would be "popular" in the film industry air suspension or not.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

sent from my friend who works at https://www.dailysportscar.com

GreenGT press release posted:

Le Castellet, December 13th, 2012

Discover in preview the GreenGT H2 sound!

It’s in Grenoble, on November 28th, that the fuel cell was started for the first time, charging from 10 000 to 120 000 rpm.

After a necessary burn-in period, during which the multiple components of the fuel cell were tested separately, the GreenGT H2 began the active phase of its power tests.

Jean-François Weber, Managing Director, Head of R&D, explains:

"All the components of our fuel cell have been properly tested. Particular attention was detected to tightness tests for different fluids (water, air, hydrogen), dynamic performance of compressors, and control procedures for the fuel cell and electric motors.

Today, it is our pleasure to let you hear the sound of the GreenGT H2."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP7TYhW2kBs

GreenGT press release posted:

The next information update on the progress of our schedule will be provided during the Birmingham Motor Show (10-13 January 2013).

Ye Gods.
I can't wait for LeMans.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Throatwarbler posted:

The height adjustable stuff is different, but you can still get it in a V6 Grand Cherokee. Don't know how the Panamera, a car that was just released 2 years ago, would be "popular" in the film industry air suspension or not.

Its the the trick suspension, AND it can keep up with fast cars in a car chase, if called for.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

This is really cool, but I'm surprised they didn't use a Cayenne.

Edit: Wow, I've been beaten 15 times. Seems like there might be room in the market for someone to sell custom camera cars made for it and come in about the same as really expensive car + conversion.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Stop spergin' about top speeds in poo poo boxes and post more god drat awesome AI poo poo.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Oh man this pretty unmolested CRX is up for sale in my area, I wish I had a spare $6000 to buy it.

With a B18C swap already done.

180hp in 880kg.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
Link?

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

Puddin posted:

Oh man this pretty unmolested CRX is up for sale in my area, I wish I had a spare $6000 to buy it.

180hp in 880kg.

Sell a kidney.

Also, unless the camera didn't have the right date, the pictures are more than 3 years old.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/...ck&sort=default

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Puddin posted:

180hp in 880kg.
180hp in 880kg would be very loving fast. That thing looks clean as hell too

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010
The only Honda I've worked on is a similar year base model civic, and I'm amazed how much room the B18C takes up in the engine bay. What does this car have as far as option/trim? The engine in the base 90' Civic I'm used to is tiny, I can sit in the engine bay with my feet touching the ground.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
The Australian market cars came with a D16, I'm fairly sure they were available with a B16 in Japan

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

sadnessboner posted:

The Australian market cars came with a D16, I'm fairly sure they were available with a B16 in Japan

Europe also got the B16 version, not that many still exist here due to rust.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

GramCracker posted:

Stop spergin' about top speeds in poo poo boxes and post more god drat awesome AI poo poo.

Drogo 250 is best 250 :colbert:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

sadnessboner posted:

They were. The Si-R had the b16a engine in it. The headlights are slightly wider and came with a different bonnet.

There was also a CRX Exclusive which had a fully leather tan interior. Only a few hundred made.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

kastein posted:

No sense of adventure... I did 120 in this about 2.5 years ago - that's what my GPS said, anyways. 85mph speedo was buried.

The little white truck, not the camo one. The camo one can barely manage 54 at redline, downhill, full throttle, with a hurricane behind it.

Is that a 5-ton? God I hate those things. Maximum occupancy of "one more", air brakes no one knows how to use, etc. Also 100% liable to put you to sleep riding in the back.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yup, '58/'90 M54A2, so air over hydraulic brake system not a full air system like the M800/M900 series.

I got it for $2500 after looking at prices on 3/4-ton pickups and trailers and realizing I could fit my jeep into the back, then the drat thing blew a head gasket and had other issues and it's become a project instead of a tow/haul vehicle.

Oh well, by the time I finish it, I'll be able to register it antique.

I love driving it (when it runs) and love every second of owning it aside from when it kicks me in the balls by breaking down... again.

Can't wait till it's running again, it'll make hauling firewood a lot less annoying, should be able to fit a few cord of rounds into the back instead of the half cord I can haul right now.

kastein fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 14, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I kind of want to see the Jeep in the back of that now...

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Nice, that thing is just loving cool. I hope you get it working all awesome-like, then post a picture of your jeep in the back. Make that an action/motion shot, actually.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

kastein posted:

Yup, '58/'90 M54A2, so air over hydraulic brake system not a full air system like the M800/M900 series.

I got it for $2500 after looking at prices on 3/4-ton pickups and trailers and realizing I could fit my jeep into the back, then the drat thing blew a head gasket and had other issues and it's become a project instead of a tow/haul vehicle.

Oh well, by the time I finish it, I'll be able to register it antique.

I love driving it (when it runs) and love every second of owning it aside from when it kicks me in the balls by breaking down... again.

Can't wait till it's running again, it'll make hauling firewood a lot less annoying, should be able to fit a few cord of rounds into the back instead of the half cord I can haul right now.

Were you ever military? Because if so I'm surprised yu like it. I mean, they're beastly, and so terrain except steep grades can defeat them, but I always hate driving the later models.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
nope, never served. I'm just an idiot who likes black holes I can throw my wallet into and big, loud, rusty trucks.

e: I believe I may have already posted this but this is the last time the truck actually moved on its own. AMERICA.JPG :911:

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

kastein posted:

nope, never served. I'm just an idiot who likes black holes I can throw my wallet into and big, loud, rusty trucks.

e: I believe I may have already posted this but this is the last time the truck actually moved on its own. AMERICA.JPG :911:

well I hope you get it working again, those things are obnoxious and a danger to everything around them. You know, fun!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This isn't getting enough love. I adore the sound of electric motors, and that just sounds wonderful :allears:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

This isn't getting enough love. I adore the sound of electric motors, and that just sounds wonderful :allears:

hydrogen-electric! :science:
http://www.greengt.com/en/greengt-h2.php

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

And Citroëns! :france:

No, they use Hydropneumatic or load leveling Hydractive suspension. You of all people should know that.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can someone post a link to the Tiff Needel special where he has to pick his favourite Ferrari ? He goes on to talk about lots of really nice vintage ones such as the story behind the Dino.

The show is a few years old, perhaps 2005 era.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Man I really hope this gooses hydrogen development as a fuel. The most abundant element in the universe and the only waste product is water vapor? Yes please.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Sir Cornelius posted:

No, they use Hydropneumatic or load leveling Hydractive suspension. You of all people should know that.

Oleopneumatic. :smug::hf::france:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

Man I really hope this gooses hydrogen development as a fuel. The most abundant element in the universe and the only waste product is water vapor? Yes please.

The waste product related to the production of it as a fuel could also be considered it's waste product. Algae can't produce enough to drive the world. There is also the fact that you can't store much on board and the part of it exploding violently from time to time that should be considered

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I just have to read it out loud every time I look at it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The brake light flare really makes that image.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Powershift posted:

exploding violently from time to time that should be considered

Well thank god gasoline can't explode violently

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

Well thank god gasoline can't explode violently

You are right. Gasoline is as volatile as hydrogen. What was I thinking.

Hydrogen is a dumb choice for dumb people. You still need new production facilities, a new supply chain. Large amounts of storage for it within residential neighborhoods. Idiots will still smoke while refueling and Blow themselves up, and you will have to refuel twice as often.

Battery tech is progressing and electric and extended range hybrids are the right answer. Then you don't need an electricity truck delivering explosive electricity into large tanks under the local electricity station in the middle of the suburbs. Transmission lines would need to be upgraded for it to become a large scale reality but that isn't an unreasonable investment and will never go to waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

kastein posted:

A neighbor around the corner from me has one, actually it might be a Deuce and a Half. He's constantly fighting with the HOA to be able to keep it in his driveway against the 'No commercial vehicles in driveways' rule. Since it's his personal truck and not a work truck they can't quite get him on it. But they sure do hassle him about it though. I offered at one HOA meeting for him to park it in my backyard as I've got a side gate it'd fit through. All I asked was that I got to drive it occasionally. :D