Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tommy 2.0 posted:

So I guess it ended up working better for them anywys? Good, cause T10 has definitely won my vote as the "console racing crew" after waiting so hard and long for GT5 and being massively dissapointed. Seriously hope I am not making a poop storm saying this, if so I'll delete, but man....I really wish I hadn't given GT5 as much of a chance as I did and jumped to the Forza bandwagon sooner. GT5: The JRPG of racing consoles sims. :psyduck:

Everything in F4 has made sense to me so far, especially menu navigation.

Anyways, are there upcoming lists of available DLC soon? And how much longer are they going to keep pumping out car packs?

(this game probably saved me from going out and buying a ZL1 in real life....but now I want a Exige)

Nah, GT5 is pretty widely regarded on this forum, especially in this thread, as being really bad. Most people in here got really hyped up for it too because it looked amazing in all of the trailers, and then ended up being no where close to what shipped. Polyphony Digital really went out of their way to mislead fans, i'll never trust them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Hopefully GT6 will not be a miserable pile of grindy poo poo, but it's sort of been that way since GT3.

Anyway.. I need to get back into Forza and bang away on the event list. I've been away from the game too long.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

I said come in! posted:

Nah, GT5 is pretty widely regarded on this forum, especially in this thread, as being really bad. Most people in here got really hyped up for it too because it looked amazing in all of the trailers, and then ended up being no where close to what shipped. Polyphony Digital really went out of their way to mislead fans, i'll never trust them again.

I bought a wheel for that POS. GTCC lasted about 2 months, and the GTCCCCC offshoot lasted about 6. To get me back for GT6 they need to ditch the used car market, introduce a PI-style system that works, add the ability to remove parts, and put in a livery editor. Also, the damage model is way to finicky, especially for tire-damage. And ditch the old-rear end GT3 import models.

Basically, they need to make it Forza that looks like GT5's premium cars, minus the 100% accurate stitching on the backseat.

Edit: And make the goddamn microphones work. This game reminded me of why I'm happy to pay for XBL.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I remember my friend was telling me how much more real GT5 felt because the tires aren't as grippy or something. I kept wondering why he would think that's more realistic until I realized that he drives a lovely mustang with bald tires.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Cojawfee posted:

I remember my friend was telling me how much more real GT5 felt because the tires aren't as grippy or something. I kept wondering why he would think that's more realistic until I realized that he drives a lovely mustang with bald tires.

I just remembered how crappy the 'snow' rally felt. I'm sure it was designed by someone who'd never left the Sahara.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A lot of people who play sim racers equate difficulty with realism. They tend not to have any actual racing experience, so they just assume that if it's really easy to wipe out, it must be real.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
If anything sims should really be a little bit easier to drive than their real counterparts as you do not have vital things you do when driving a real car such as Depth Perception, motion, being able to percieve where the car is etc.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Nah bro, everyone knows that real life is like, really hard. A simulation has to be very hard so only a few people can really do it. That's I run my CoD Realism server where if a bullet comes within 20 feet of your character, you piss your pants and fall down. Every weapon is one hit kill and you can only sprint for one second. Because, who doesn't start breathing really heavy and have to lay down and then mom brings you your inhaler after sprinting for one second?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Cojawfee posted:

Nah bro, everyone knows that real life is like, really hard. A simulation has to be very hard so only a few people can really do it. That's I run my CoD Realism server where if a bullet comes within 20 feet of your character, you piss your pants and fall down. Every weapon is one hit kill and you can only sprint for one second. Because, who doesn't start breathing really heavy and have to lay down and then mom brings you your inhaler after sprinting for one second?

I'd play a game where you have to manage a PTSD meter.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Sweet, just accidentally deleted all my FM4 stuff instead of FM3 stuff! I had a full garage, most unicorns, liveries and tunes for all cars and had almost completed the event list. Go me!

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I saw a box cover image of Forza 4 in a local ad...except it had the Ferrari F12 on the cover, and the logo was silver. Perhaps an ultimate edition coming in the near future?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

L_Harrison posted:

I saw a box cover image of Forza 4 in a local ad...except it had the Ferrari F12 on the cover, and the logo was silver. Perhaps an ultimate edition coming in the near future?

Can you scan this or take a pic? :stare:

Are you sure it's not the limited collectors edition? Except that has a BMW on it.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

That's not a BMW :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That looks like the 458 Italia. But the cover art is still different from what my standard edition is.

Here is the Ferrari F12

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
FM4 is my first Forza, but I've read a little about the ultimate editions they put out in the past. Those came with the base game, all of the released DLC, and bonus Ultimate Edition only special cars, right?

For people who already had the game and all the DLC, was there ever a way to get the Ultimate Edition cars separately?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

FM4 is my first Forza, but I've read a little about the ultimate editions they put out in the past. Those came with the base game, all of the released DLC, and bonus Ultimate Edition only special cars, right?

For people who already had the game and all the DLC, was there ever a way to get the Ultimate Edition cars separately?

No, it was total bullshit. The only way to get that content was to buy the game again, or buy the code off someone.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

For Forza 3, Turn-10 gave the DLC codes from the Ultimate Edition, out like candy. If you already had the standard edition, it wasn't hard to get those codes. Which is not to say everyone got them though, some Forza 3 fans got screwed over.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Hm, you're probably right. The image of the 458 is kind of squished and it just looks odd, but it still has the defining contours of that car. It is a different cover from either the standard or the LCE, so it still could be an Ultimate Edition.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

L_Harrison posted:

Hm, you're probably right. The image of the 458 is kind of squished and it just looks odd, but it still has the defining contours of that car. It is a different cover from either the standard or the LCE, so it still could be an Ultimate Edition.

It has a RP (rating pending) box on there so it makes me think that was cover art that eventually wasn't used for the original release. Especially because it doesn't have any blurry mark under the title that says "ultimate edition" or anything.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

For Forza 3, Turn-10 gave the DLC codes from the Ultimate Edition, out like candy. If you already had the standard edition, it wasn't hard to get those codes. Which is not to say everyone got them though, some Forza 3 fans got screwed over.

No, in Forza 3 you could only get codes for the Stig pack, which were only 5 of the 10 cars in the Ultimate Edition. The other 5 (most notably the Jag D-Type and Lancia 037) were only obtainable if you bought the Ultimate Edition. It was a complete crock of poo poo and a slap in the face to all the fans like myself who had bought the collector's edition and every bit of DLC for the drat game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cannot Find Server posted:

No, in Forza 3 you could only get codes for the Stig pack, which were only 5 of the 10 cars in the Ultimate Edition. The other 5 (most notably the Jag D-Type and Lancia 037) were only obtainable if you bought the Ultimate Edition. It was a complete crock of poo poo and a slap in the face to all the fans like myself who had bought the collector's edition and every bit of DLC for the drat game.

Oooh okay! Yeah that is horse poo poo. I hope Turn-10 doesnt pull that with Forza 4.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

Oooh okay! Yeah that is horse poo poo. I hope Turn-10 doesnt pull that with Forza 4.

I am already very wary of the future of the series with how atrociously they have handled the DLC for Horizon. If they gently caress us over the same way that they did with 3, then I might say 'gently caress this poo poo' and stop buying Forza games altogether. I'd hate not playing them anymore, but I cannot support a company that pulls that bullshit.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

If they gently caress us over the same way that they did with 3, then I might say 'gently caress this poo poo' and stop buying Forza games altogether.

Here's hoping they gently caress us over then.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

I am already very wary of the future of the series with how atrociously they have handled the DLC for Horizon. If they gently caress us over the same way that they did with 3, then I might say 'gently caress this poo poo' and stop buying Forza games altogether. I'd hate not playing them anymore, but I cannot support a company that pulls that bullshit.

Oh, you tease :3:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Well I sure walked right into that one :sweatdrop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No, come back! :ohdear:

I only really care about the Forza series on the Xbox. So long as Microsoft continues to make those games, i'll buy their overpriced future consoles.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

I picked up Horizon the other week when MS was selling it for $15 but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, how did they mess up the DLC for it?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
It's horrendously expensive. 5 cars per 8 dollar pack or something, and fifty bucks for the season pass. A lot of people are mad that the cars are ones they already paid for in Forza 4, too.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

ANAmal.net posted:

It's horrendously expensive. 5 cars per 8 dollar pack or something, and fifty bucks for the season pass. A lot of people are mad that the cars are ones they already paid for in Forza 4, too.

I really wanted to drive the Wrangler in Horizon, despite owning it in FM4 but noooooooooooooooooo.

At least they did the "Fan Loyalty" thing from the get go and give you those 8 swaggy cars right as you start. It did kind of take the fun out of working up to R2 cars in Horizon when they just gift you a Gumpert Apollo if you played FM4 v:shobon:v

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

How do I Mulsanne

Also I wanted to grab a video of that insane last section of Camino between me and whatcubed, but the replay camera is useless for that whole area and we were both all over the place, so neither first person nor chase cam captures everything either. Goddammit Forza get a better replay system :argh:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

How do I Mulsanne

Also I wanted to grab a video of that insane last section of Camino between me and whatcubed, but the replay camera is useless for that whole area and we were both all over the place, so neither first person nor chase cam captures everything either. Goddammit Forza get a better replay system :argh:
We seem to have a lot of close calls/incidents when we race together. There was also that awesome video you posted from the crest on the opening straight at Laguna Seca a while back. Fun racing last night!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I'm confused. Are people genuinely angry that Forza 3 released car models that were supposedly limited? Why can't late adapters have cool stuff? When I buy a "limited edition" digital good I expect exclusivity for as long as the publisher believes they can sit on their hands making no extra money off it (not long)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You had exclusive access for a year.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

djfooboo posted:

I'm confused. Are people genuinely angry that Forza 3 released car models that were supposedly limited? Why can't late adapters have cool stuff? When I buy a "limited edition" digital good I expect exclusivity for as long as the publisher believes they can sit on their hands making no extra money off it (not long)
You already mentioned the time that it's exclusive, but compare the cost of the Limited Edition to the regular. What was a $20-40 difference made downloadable for $5 can be off-putting. Though that really depends on the nature of the DLC and the value of the rest of the LE.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

djfooboo posted:

That limited edition of the game came with all of the DLC that had been released, in addition to 10 new cars, 5 of which were only available if you bought that specific version of the game and the other 5 of which you had to be lucky enough to win a code to get. If the Ultimate Collection was just the game + all the DLC for $30 (i.e. what they did with Forza 2's Platinum Hits version), nobody would have cared. Giving it cars that nobody else could get unless they paid $30 to buy the game again was a giant 'gently caress you' to the people who had invested $150+ in the game, let alone if they'd been with the series since the start.

And btw, those 5 cars? They were never made available for download. You HAD to buy that version to get them - there was no DLC for them ever released.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Ohhhhhh. I get it now.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Yeah between that and Horizon's apparently lovely DLC that is like 95% rereleases from Forza 4, Turn 10 are really not looking too good in my eyes anymore. So glad I didn't sink money into Horizon, the new Most Wanted is insane amounts of fun and scratched my itch better than Horizon could.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

T1g4h posted:

Yeah between that and Horizon's apparently lovely DLC that is like 95% rereleases from Forza 4, Turn 10 are really not looking too good in my eyes anymore. So glad I didn't sink money into Horizon, the new Most Wanted is insane amounts of fun and scratched my itch better than Horizon could.

Yeah, no cockpit view and an automatic only transmission are awesome aren't they? They aren't even close to the same game.

And the argument that the DLC was stuff that was included in Forza 4 is bullshit too. It would be valid if Forza Horizon was an addon to Forza 4 but it's not. It's a separate game. Not everyone that owns horizon owned Forza 4. And even if they did, so what? It's not the same game. It's a spin-off title. And I wonder how accurate your 95% figure will be after the 18th when the rally pack is released.

I have seen more bitching about Horizon's DLC than I did about the Porsche pack which is surprising. There certainly was bitching about the Porsche pack, but not to the level that I've seen with horizon DLC. And it was the same situation from porsche being included in Forza 3 and then being paid DLC in Forza 4.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 14, 2012

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is it really any surprise that Forza 4 users, in the Forza 4 thread, are complaining about having to buy the same cars again? It's bullshit if you're a Forza 4 user.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

I said come in! posted:

Is it really any surprise that Forza 4 users, in the Forza 4 thread, are complaining about having to buy the same cars again? It's bullshit if you're a Forza 4 user.

Explain how it's bullshit though. Seriously. How is it bullshit that something you paid for in one game is available for optional purchase in a completely different game?

• Locked thread